BlackSix

Game version 1.006 discussion

I quite like the new interface sounds but really...the beep beep beep!!- whats with that??

Can these beeps be turned off seperately without having to turn off all the new interface sounds?

Boa tarde! MESMO COM ESTA version 1.006 o meu Jogo continua fechando Durante como Partidas e when Fecho Aparece um SEGUINTE Mensagem:

O Programa Parou de funcionar ..

Teria Uma Solução Para este Problema?

O Windows 8.1

16,0 GB RAM

Intel Core i7-4790

CPU 3,60 GHz

Vídeo GFORCE 770 NVIDIA

Gostei muito das novas mudanças, da música, dos Beep do rádio de comunicação, tudo está ótimo. Parabéns!

Edited by Brasil_Noe

Nice update, thank you guys.

However, as I explained since v1.004, I'm still experiencing a very annoying problem with my TIR5 since you worked for older versions : when I unpause the view, it needs a big amount of head move for the new view to be refreshed.

Please Jason could you communicate on that ?

Boa tarde! MESMO COM ESTA version 1.006 o meu Jogo continua fechando Durante como Partidas e when Fecho Aparece um SEGUINTE Mensagem:

O Programa Parou de funcionar ..

Teria Uma Solução Para este Problema?

O Windows 8.1

16,0 GB RAM

Intel Core i7-4790

CPU 3,60 GHz

Vídeo GFORCE 770 NVIDIA

Gostei muito das novas mudanças, da música, dos Beep do rádio de comunicação, tudo está ótimo. Parabéns!

Download Directx 9.0C versión and rey to install un W8. (google can help you un this), and try again to run this sim.

There will be info about it in December, we only have one programmer. Thanks for your patience.

Just one? Wow, that puts things in perspective. Do take care of that guy!

Just one? Wow, that puts things in perspective. Do take care of that guy!

We have always had one Lead Programmer and some others who support him. We have always been a small team at the core. We have never had a huge budget to greatly expand the team on a permanent basis.

Jason

It's not uncommon these days for small software houses to have only one or two programmers. Battlefront got by for years with one coder before they brought in a second guy.

Exelent! Wish i got the time to play it more, the game is fantastic. Its hunting season in Norway and my weekends is spent in the woods :)

Thanks for the update, i got 14 days xmas holyday... how how how new grapic card is on the way :-)

I am in the middle. 

post-18998-0-63920800-1416867448_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

This update broke play for me

I had just gotten the game to where I had smooth frame rates on Ultra settings as per my post on SIMHQ here http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4039779/What_I_have_found_that_works_-#Post4039779

Now it's a slide show --- I even took the settings back to High from Ultra...a stutter fest!

Other people have noted in this thread frame rate loss....its unplayable...and the work I put it towards getting the game to where I was actually enjoying it...is now down the drain

This is not progress

Erm... there's now a beeping sound everytime someone get shot or chats in multiplayer, it's very annoying. Feels like i'm on some kind of instant messaging program like skype or msn.

Actually scratch that, it's beeping all the time in multiplayer AND singleplayer. Every plane shot, every radio comm, everytime someones dies... beep beep.

I hear them too..driving me crazie.....................................................

I hear them too..driving me crazie.....................................................

u can turn in off in sound options.

i just got my first ever crash to desktop, i hope its not related to the patch. been playing the game for around a month without one crash till now.

turn off enhanced application settings. to use application settings

If that was meant for me --- I tried it --- did nothing ...the game is a stutter fest

The indicator is always the hanger....if the pan is smooth around the feature plane...then indications are that game play will also be smooth

The converse is also true....stutter in the hanger....stutter in game play

I now have stutters in the hanger and in game play regardless of what I do to the settings in AMD CCC.

If your going to patch the graphics like apparently they have...then as at least a courtesy to the players...you can tell us what you did....

I'm not inclined to spend another several hours under the hood of this game to try to get back to where it was yesterday (graphically) before this patch

BUG: Single player mission results screen does not display mission results anymore and no XP :/

UPDATE: You have to press Esc to see mission results. It keeps loading forever. But no XP added anyway :(

Keep going guys !!! Very soon we will have everything in place :)

Hmm - I've run several campaign missions in the FW190 today since the update, and have had no problems with it not displaying mission results or crediting the EXP and granting the associated unlocks - so far everything has worked just fine for me.

BUG

When exiting MP, I still get disconnected from BoS, then freeze, then need to restart.

It's been happening since 1.004.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Hmm - I've run several campaign missions in the FW190 today since the update, and have had no problems with it not displaying mission results or crediting the EXP and granting the associated unlocks - so far everything has worked just fine for me.

Yeah !!! It is working now somehow after a reset :)

Let's get more than 32 players back for MP.

You don't build an olympic size swimming pool and only let two people swim in it. Stalingrad map is so huge, and it was marketed as being the biggest map in Sim history for Stalingrad... but so few people can play on it that the map size is sadly too big. And lets not go the opposite direction of shrinking the map, we need more players on a single server at the same time. 64 at least, 128 should be the target.

We know it worked, so why is it being prevented?

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 1

The new menu sounds are great. The game really needed it to get that game feel.

The new radio noises might be a bit annoying if you are in a busy place where there is a lot of radio chat.

Great update! Keep 'em coming!

Edited by CBZ323

I just flew one of the busiest missions in the campaign yet. Flying an airbase attack in the IL-2, there were F4s and Ju-87s over the targeted airfield. I destroyed the required targets on the ground and then a Ju-87 in the air. Deciding it was time to get outta Dodge, I headed for home. Picked up some ground fire just out side of Stalingrad which hit my engine. Still made it back to base with a sputtering powerplant and landed. All in all, a pretty good mission for me. I was a little disappointed that I got nailed with an emergency landing penalty on the results screen. Still it was a fun mission to fly.

Everything seems to be running smooth here. It's still a mystery why some of us haven't any issues while others do after a patch. I've been on the other side of that a couple of patches ago. I wish someone could nail it down. It seems very odd.

Here's a perfect example why the checkpoint thing is just broken, and so poorly designed - and why it was dropped from just about every air combat sim's single player experience.

Going to intercept a flight of Russians in single player Campaign. Find them, shoot one up really good - he's going to go down - but they hit my radiator. I have to start heading towards home. I fly the route, the Pe-2 still hasn't gone down yet. I hit the "exit point" and nothing because the Pe-2 hasn't gone in yet. Two minutes pass, the Pe-2 crashes, I get credit, and the "task complete" flashes, and my engine starts to die. I'm now too far N of the exit point to end the mission, and even though I flew through the exit point - it didn't count because the Pe-2 hadn't gone in yet and my "task" hadn't completed yet. So I get 24 points out of it, when in reality I would have received a kill credit, a ride back to base, and some Schnapps plus probably a medal since I've down so many damn planes but they apparently only count if I hit the silly exit point or airbase to successfully complete the mission when historically I could have ditched a hundred miles from the airbase and not even passed through an exit point but still would have been lauded for my skills to down a single Pe-2 considering many missions on both sides went without a single "kill" sometimes for weeks on end despite the misison being flown.

I know nothing will change, but why with this half historical all craptacular way of doing things? All the great things of an air combat simulator (FM, DM, ground handling, collidable trees, rounds that curve around, amazing graphics, all of the small details) and then just toss in a campaign that belongs with a shoot 'em up iPhone air arcade silly flying stupid single player and a 32 player multiplayer that was something amazing back in 2001 but is so, so, so very sad and terrible to have in 2014. It's just depressing, so much here I love - and then this sh!t. At least lets get multplayer to have 64 players again, 32 is just terrible. Counter-Strike has had maps with more than 32 players. I've been running into 1vs1, 2vs1, or - if I'm lucky - 2 vs 2 - and that is just pathetic. I remember back in RoF's days of popularity coming onto furballs of 10+ and that was awesome. Dodging someone firing, getting onto someone's tail, shooting him up, tracers fly by, break off, find antoher target, shoot them up, more tracers, and then a minute later nothing around. WIth BoS it's more like all of the time no one around, and then tracers fly by as I'm falling asleep at the controls, get into combat. 1vs1, one of us wins, or one of us loses contact, and thats that. Its basically just duel server on a huge map without the dueling.

Please, give us back 64 player MP. At LEAST 64 player MP. 128 should be the minimum.

And the Single Player - there needs to be an area of success - not an exit point to determine success. Even then, if you cross the exit point and then the aircraft goes down to give you that silly task completion - then let that be a successful mission. It is silly to have to complete the task and go over a single point on the map to have it be successful, that is just so arcadey gamey War Thundery/Wings of Preyey/Terribleness.

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 8

Great, just when the thread was in dire need of a photo of a dead animal.  :huh:  :rolleyes:

Shame someone doesn't teach the Deer to hold guns, that would be sporting.

But then it could not be "sport"?!

Unfortunately this update hasn't fixed that it crashes every time I run it. V1.004 was fine but 5 and 6 are 100% crash. I filed some support requests so hopefully they can figure it out. The game is looking really good and running well till it quits.

Have unlocks and the forced (awful) campaign been removed?

Are there now customizable graphic and display options?

If that was meant for me --- I tried it --- did nothing ...the game is a stutter fest

The indicator is always the hanger....if the pan is smooth around the feature plane...then indications are that game play will also be smooth

The converse is also true....stutter in the hanger....stutter in game play

I now have stutters in the hanger and in game play regardless of what I do to the settings in AMD CCC.

If your going to patch the graphics like apparently they have...then as at least a courtesy to the players...you can tell us what you did....

I'm not inclined to spend another several hours under the hood of this game to try to get back to where it was yesterday (graphically) before this patch

ok have you tried setting the or forcing full screen instead of aspect ratio? for desk top settings?

Are there now customizable graphic and display options?

When people do things like this: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/2357-spotting-icons-labels-smart-scaling-and-other-ideas/?p=57255  I don't mind preset graphics options, and actually prefer it for multiplayer. So many gamers turn down their graphics settings for multiplayer to get an edge its just shameful.

Plus, most people really don't know what they are tweaking. So many individuals just mess with sliders and think that sacrificing one thing will make other things run better but it really doesn't work that way. With today's graphics cards, most settings that impact performance are adjustable through your graphics card's drivers - resolution (number 1 performance hit), anti-aliasing (number 2 performance hit above 2x or 4x depending the card), and anistropic (number 3 in performance killer). Case in point that many don't know what they are setting, they will run AA through the game's settings and through the graphics cards settings - and sometimes even through SweetFX/FlightFX. I saw posts complaining about performance in Il-2, all settings turned down, resolution at 1024x768 and AA was only at 4x, even 2x didn't help... but they had 4xSuperSampling. Hell, there are people that want the option to turn off clouds (no!) through graphics settings which just isn't gonna happen.

Aside from bloom, motion blur (which can be disabled already), and the "SSAO" - there really isn't much to change other than draw distance or texture detail, which would fit right into the low/medium/high/ultra category.

Edited by FuriousMeow

You are right. SSAO is the only problem I have with the presets. It could be added as option, without harming the preset system.

Edited by BlackDevil
  • Upvote 1

users with perfomance problems from this patch, check, if it's possible, your GPU speed (via MSI Afterburner for example), playing, if this speed it's the normal or lower

Still no advanced graphics options? No playing. And definately not recommending anyone to buy.

How about you guys focus on the most basic things first, and then focus on content....

Edited by [MA]Jinx

Still no advanced graphics options? No playing. And definately not recommending anyone to buy.

How about you guys focus on the most basic things first, and then focus on content....

If for you the most important point of this sim it's this, the advance graphics option, maybe you don't want a flight sim. 
What is the simulator that you play normally?

A lot of people, veterans of other flight sims, we demand the posibility to do and administrate missions, campaigns, servers, or FM/DM corrections, or ballistic correction..or....But graphics aspect are great now, due this raison my question, What is the simulator that you play normally? 

I never would've thought I'd live to see the day of pc gamers defending locked console style pre-sets. But here it is.

Consoles aren't all bad. Ever had an XBox game crash?

Sometimes simplicity is a good thing.

Edited by SharpeXB

S!

Please go on and defend the crappy presets, tailored for the lowest common cess pool swimmer. If you can not see the issues these "magnificient presets" cause, then get a better monitor or new glasses ;) Lack of them among other issues keep me out of BoS for now. I can use adjustable settings in other games I own to achieve preferred results. It is not rocket science, no need to smooch the devs for a bad decision.

• Upvote 7

ok have you tried setting the or forcing full screen instead of aspect ratio? for desk top settings?

Yes...full screen triple monitor, turned the graphics settings all the way down to LOW! and still has stutters in the hanger. F'ing unbelievable!

It's one thing to take away the graphics customization settings like we are all children with Xboxes

Then force updates down our throats that break what worked!

You know in the "bad old days" of IL-2 and COD, updates were provided as optional downloads...FOR A REASON!

You could wait and see it they introduced new bugs and most importantly, if the game was working for you...you could wait while they fixed bugs and still enjoy what you had.

The heavy handed way of managing this game is driving what little good will I have towards this title/team out of me.

I'll go back to flying CLOD --- it runs buttery smooth on my system -- after this 1.006 update --- so it's not my system --- but this update which broke play for me

I never would've thought I'd live to see the day of pc gamers defending locked console style pre-sets. But here it is.

I remember having 70hrs according to Steam, trying to tweak CloD into a playable state when it was first released.  Seventy Hours.

Back then I would have very much appreciated a choice of graphical presets that just worked.

• Upvote 1

This update broke play for me

I had just gotten the game to where I had smooth frame rates on Ultra settings as per my post on SIMHQ here http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4039779/What_I_have_found_that_works_-#Post4039779

Now it's a slide show --- I even took the settings back to High from Ultra...a stutter fest!

Other people have noted in this thread frame rate loss....its unplayable...and the work I put it towards getting the game to where I was actually enjoying it...is now down the drain

This is not progress

I'm no authority on this subject but you might want to revert back to the original setting. Sometimes fiddling with things just causes a conflict when new updates appear.

Chief