Sign in to follow this  
PA-Sniv

Happy birthday Early access!

One year ago, founders had their first experience flying BoS in first Early access session:

LaGG-3 - single player - 50x50km Lapino test map  - no armament - 32% development

I still remember downloading it, the IL-2 in hangar, the beautiful exhaust flames (tuned down now), the stunning ground handling and inertia, the variety of static airplanes, and taking her for a ride above Lapino map!

Happy birthday BoS!

Time flies! :salute:

Edited by PA-Sniv
  • Upvote 2

Happy birthday, BoS!

Also, don't forget that on this day, 72 years ago, the Soviets launched Operation Uranus!

Congratulations to the devs....keep your patiente with us...the sims crazy players. Keep it up, for  this great sim.

Coincidence or not, but yesterday was the 13th anniversary of the US release of the original Il-2 Sturmovik. European release was on the 30th. 

Now let's see....my wife's birthday...Hmmm, I know it's a couple of months before the 13th anniversary of the US release of the original IL-2 Sturmovik....Dang..give me a moment here honey...... It'll come to me.... :biggrin:

Edited by JagdNeun

Coincidence or not, but yesterday was the 13th anniversary of the US release of the original Il-2 Sturmovik. European release was on the 30th. 

Hmmm

yeah, that kind of puts things in perspective doesn't it?  A year ago we had one, unarmed plane to fly around on a tiny map! 

Congratulations to all devs who realized this game !

The babe is alive-  now it has to grow up. :salute:

Impressing how time races by...

Allready a year gone since I first fired up the LaGG 3!

I remember it too well.

I really enjoyed this first ride.

Made myself familiar with the Dashboard, fired up the engine. Tested all rudders and ailerons while performing some ground handling tests before linening her up allong the runway and made it to the skyes.

After driving her arround for some minutes I got her down in one piece with a big fat smile on my face!

Despite all the tensions and hatred these days, I still enjoy BoS 4-5 evenings a week doing my own pen&paper style campaign.

This whole unlock stuff isn't my cup of tea too, but I can deal with it.

I really love this sim and whish for a bright future!

Happy birthday - the sim is like a toddler, simultaneously infuriating and endearing.  Good luck for the next year!

• Upvote 2

Amazing achievement to record such progress in just a year. You've come a long way, baby! I'd be interested to know how many flyables we had one year after RoF was released with four planes. Anybody remembers?

BoS is shaping up to be a modern classic. I hope it will be under many christmas trees in a little more than a months' time!