pilotpierre

A Lot of Early Access Players No Longer Playing

Tell me smtg about that.Just learned that there was again massive sale with 70% discount on DCS during weekend.I bought Sabre for full 50$ price just a month ago and now it was for 15$? It is this kind of sales policy driving me far away from DCS for near future.

the sales happen often and are well publicised, why should it drive you away?

Tell me smtg about that.Just learned that there was again massive sale with 70% discount on DCS during weekend.I bought Sabre for full 50$ price just a month ago and now it was for 15$? It is this kind of sales policy driving me far away from DCS for near future.

So, try waiting?

I kind of want Kurfurst, but knowing it will go on sale, I'll just wait for it to do that. Nothing good comes from a "GOTTA HAVE IT NOW" attitude.

It is not about "gotta have it now".It is about buying product for real price.I bought it because thay anounced it ready for sale for certain price.OK for me,buying that.Month after you have 70% discount.They should as well start with 15 dollars straight away...

the sales happen often and are well publicised, why should it drive you away?

I got newsletter from DCS 22.11.2014 with big inscription:

DCS November surprise sale!

Which I can also read as "Surprise dumba**, thanks for buying it just month ago for full price"

It is not about "gotta have it now".It is about buying product for real price.I bought it because thay anounced it ready for sale for certain price.OK for me,buying that.Month after you have 70% discount.They should as well start with 15 dollars straight away...

I got newsletter from DCS 22.11.2014 with big inscription:

DCS November surprise sale!

Which I can also read as "Surprise dumba**, thanks for buying it just month ago for full price"

If the $35 difference stings you that much, then you shouldn't be buying games. Really, that could be better invested else where. Always wait when it comes to digital distribution.

It is not about "gotta have it now".It is about buying product for real price.I bought it because thay anounced it ready for sale for certain price.OK for me,buying that.Month after you have 70% discount.They should as well start with 15 dollars straight away...   DD_bongodriver, on 24 Nov 2014 - 13:39, said: the sales happen often and are well publicised, why should it drive you away? I got newsletter from DCS 22.11.2014 with big inscription: DCS November surprise sale! Which I can also read as "Surprise dumba**, thanks for buying it just month ago for full price"

Don't understand this mentality, RoF has sales too ?  If you think its not worth it why buy it ? 

Why?  "Full real settings are no fun".   Mostly centered around the complex start and warm up procedure.

People want to play an air combat sim, not a study sim that is more about button pushing than flying.

I have trained many people on all platforms ranging from Battle of Stalingrad to Cliffs of Dover to DCS. And yes, most trainees started from scratch (which means they don't have controls nor prior knowledge of how to operate the aircraft).

Given proper training (and by "proper training" I mean "spend 15 minutes on Teamspeak) you can get ANYONE from a "I don't know what I'm doing" state to a "this sim is pure awesome madness!" state. The difficulty in clicking buttons in a cockpit is only a mental barrier that people create instinctively because they are not familiar with it. But the cold, hard truth is that flying a plane is not much harder than driving a car with wings,

So I have to disagree with you: full real settings are extremely fun. The challenge is finding the information and finding an effective and concise manner to share this knowledge. If you have a good teacher that is willing to give 10-15 minutes of his time, any flight sim can become a real breeze to fly (with some exceptions like the A-10C or the BMS F-16, which requires much more time and actual manual reading). 

Oh. and about the "CloD being dead" argument...

Here is a standard Friday night on the ATAG TeamSpeak on the Red side.

y6kgrfx.jpg

And here is another screenshot from Teamspeak for a standard mission I flew with a couple of friends this week-end. All squadrons seen are just on the red side as well...

zvy7uwW.jpg

Edited by 71st_AH_Chuck

So... the big lesson to learn - never buy on release... wait for a month or so... let the patches happen, read about the bugs... Feel better with you wallet :)

So... the big lesson to learn - never buy on release... wait for a month or so... let the patches happen, read about the bugs... Feel better with you wallet :)

Absolutely. The closer to release you buy, the bigger the risk.

So for us retards that preordered? :wacko:

Absolutely. The closer to release you buy, the bigger the risk.

So for us retards that preordered? :wacko:

We have to live with the fact that we are retarded... :wacko:

Well I took my lession... ;)  never Early Access again, this System doesn't even work with Steam-Games too...

We have to live with the fact that we are retarded... :wacko:

Well I took my lession... ;)  never Early Access again, this System doesn't even work with Steam-Games too...

I believe that the vast majority of us early access buyers were 100% aware that the price would drop after release, but went on to support the genre and accessorily have a window on the development. Same happens btw with other neglected genres as the space sims.

Rgds,

Ins

Edited by 6S_Insuber

I believe that the vast majority of us early access buyers were 100% aware that the price would drop after release, but went on to support the genre and accessorily have a window on the development. Same happens btw with other neglected genres as the space sims.

Rgds,

Ins

Well, price drop yeah for sure. But there is no price drop, this 12$ Version was planned month ago. This was from the release beginning calculated to release such version and this is not okay. We have in the West people who don't have a lot of mony too. I was a student in a university and have to live with about 90 to 120 Euro's a month for live spendings. I saved a lot of money for BoS only to read that because of lower standards in russia they get such a version? What is with the people in Asia or Africa who don't have a lot of money also? Do they get such a version? I don't think so. In the end, those Versions will be selled on Key-Selling sites like mmoga or kinguin or whatever and western gamer will buy their key's from them...

Price drop after Release is okay and pretty normal, but a Release Version for one Market which is nearly five times cheaper is not okay..

I have trained many people on all platforms ranging from Battle of Stalingrad to Cliffs of Dover to DCS. And yes, most trainees started from scratch (which means they don't have controls nor prior knowledge of how to operate the aircraft).

Given proper training (and by "proper training" I mean "spend 15 minutes on Teamspeak) you can get ANYONE from a "I don't know what I'm doing" state to a "this sim is pure awesome madness!" state. The difficulty in clicking buttons in a cockpit is only a mental barrier that people create instinctively because they are not familiar with it. But the cold, hard truth is that flying a plane is not much harder than driving a car with wings,

So I have to disagree with you: full real settings are extremely fun. The challenge is finding the information and finding an effective and concise manner to share this knowledge. If you have a good teacher that is willing to give 10-15 minutes of his time, any flight sim can become a real breeze to fly (with some exceptions like the A-10C or the BMS F-16, which requires much more time and actual manual reading). 

Oh. and about the "CloD being dead" argument...

Here is a standard Friday night on the ATAG TeamSpeak on the Red side.

And here is another screenshot from Teamspeak for a standard mission I flew with a couple of friends this week-end. All squadrons seen are just on the red side as well...

Currently 90% of the online community fies still with CloD/TF mod. Actually it is a lot of fun and allows a wide variety of squad activities, that is the Achille's heel of BoS today. When BoS will have FMB and dedicated servers we will see a shift of onliners to BoS, imho.

Cheers,

Ins

• Upvote 1

Well, price drop yeah for sure. But there is no price drop, this 12$ Version was planned month ago. This was from the release beginning calculated to release such version and this is not okay. We have in the West people who don't have a lot of mony too. I was a student in a university and have to live with about 90 to 120 Euro's a month for live spendings. I saved a lot of money for BoS only to read that because of lower standards in russia they get such a version? What is with the people in Asia or Africa who don't have a lot of money also? Do they get such a version? I don't think so. In the end, those Versions will be selled on Key-Selling sites like mmoga or kinguin or whatever and western gamer will buy their key's from them...

Price drop after Release is okay and pretty normal, but a Release Version for one Market which is nearly five times cheaper is not okay..

I see your point, I remember btw the same discussions for Il2-Sturmovik, Pacific Fighters, Il2:1946 and CloD  - yes I'm a veteran :-). The price - anything above the break-even-  is a function of what customers are willing to pay. No ethics or moral values involved, just market laws and consumers' psychology. If you strongly desire a product you will save on your food for months and cue at 4 am to get it before the others, won't you? And they count on that :-D

WOW! What was the topic?

Chief

"A lot of early access players no longer playing and hence festering this topic" :-)

Edited by 6S_Insuber

Our squad is remaining with il-2 HSFX .

Well, prices are different throughout each market. The Russian market has a significantly lower average GDP for the consumer than you see in the USA and throughout the EU.. A $60 game is not going to go over well with them. It's the nature of the beast.

• Upvote 1

"Why?  "Full real settings are no fun".   Mostly centered around the complex start and warm up procedure.

"...pump some fuel "

LOL. In "Flight Simulation" world certain myths never die. :)

WOW! What was the topic?

Chief

A lot of Early Access Players No Longer Playing.

What is "A lot"? One,ten,fifty?

What is "No Longer Playing"? Like not 24/7 anymore?Online?Offline?Does it mean when I spent weekend off my PC I dont play the game any longer?Or if I have also other activities to take care of?

Whole topic is senseless.

• Upvote 1

absolute only reason i am not playing it, is the 32 people limitation in the multiplayer servers. That's no fun at all, eagerly awaiting that they got reopenend again. As soon as they will, i will start playing it again a lot. Yesterday a buddy and me tried to fly the Sabre online in DCS. Horrible. By now it's just a pause in simulation stuff for me, i guess..

To play on a huge mape with 32 people thats not fun, thats true. Reason to not to play it not. I play it still, too. The point is we had 64 and now we stay at 32 but where are the 100.  Was the Custom Graphic Settings not removed for better performance??? There is not much to explain why the 32 limit exist and what the reason for that are.

+1 to this. I fly in a squad and it is impossible for us to get onto a server with a 32 limit. It's hard enough by oneself. I still fly but at the moment I prefer campaigning in CoD as we have been for the past few years.  When the servers were at 64 I didn't see any problems on my end anyways.  When the limits are more resonable you will see more players.  Once the campaign is done in SP where do people go? To MP of course flying against humans.  They are shooting themselves in the foot with this 32 limit.

Edited by 9./JG52Ziegler

A lot of Early Access Players No Longer Playing.

What is "A lot"? One,ten,fifty?

What is "No Longer Playing"? Like not 24/7 anymore?Online?Offline?Does it mean when I spent weekend off my PC I dont play the game any longer?Or if I have also other activities to take care of?

Whole topic is senseless.

According to the posts here more than 100 people have abandoned BoS, some are waiting for better times, some gave up the hope entirely.

This topic is only senseless for the people with the pink glasses, imo.

According to the posts here more than 100 people have abandoned BoS, some are waiting for better times, some gave up the hope entirely.

This topic is only senseless for the people with the pink glasses, imo.

How does that compare to the number of people who abandoned CoD, never to return again (unless the game is updated with changes that make it better, then they'll start playing again and pretend that they never left...)?

So I have to disagree with you: full real settings are extremely fun.

I like them too, but you have to understand that lots of folks do not, and with the state of the two remaining WW2 air combat sims, CloD and BoS, those that don't like it are out of luck because these "newer" sims pretty much make it impossible to host sessions yourself with the settings you like. 

Look at CloD, there is only one server with anyone playing, ATAG, so you either suck it up and fly full switch, or don't fly at all. (CloD really is dead after all, 100+ players at any one time is not the sign of a healthy title).

Without the ability to run settings of your choosing and being able to easily host your own sessions, even on the spur of the moment, will doom this genre.  Forcing people to play my, or your way, will not open the floodgates of

potential new players.

Either you have an open mind about this, or we will end up not having any new WW2 sims at all.

We need to be all inclusive, not all exclusive, or this genre dies.

• Upvote 1

ho - you contradict yourself...

if i can assume that full switch is a "suck it up" way to fly, and therefor exclusive... and excellent in its own right...
how can you say we need to be inclusive, and also accept pilot lvlup , weird medals and power-ups?

no evil intention, but... i got a bit stuck on your train of thought?

maybe by saying all inclusive, you mean we need to teach people how to fly (no manual...) and spend some time on such online training sessions for the wide public, which is what chuck has done and keeps doing?
(and the syndicate fellows do that on wednesdays - i plan to participate again)

I like them too, but you have to understand that lots of folks do not, and with the state of the two remaining WW2 air combat sims, CloD and BoS, those that don't like it are out of luck because these "newer" sims pretty much make it impossible to host sessions yourself with the settings you like. 

Look at CloD, there is only one server with anyone playing, ATAG, so you either suck it up and fly full switch, or don't fly at all. (CloD really is dead after all, 100+ players at any one time is not the sign of a healthy title).

Without the ability to run settings of your choosing and being able to easily host your own sessions, even on the spur of the moment, will doom this genre.  Forcing people to play my, or your way, will not open the floodgates of

potential new players.

Either you have an open mind about this, or we will end up not having any new WW2 sims at all.

100% agree, well said.

Forcing is the magic word, and we have too many forcing in BoS....

This sim is aboslutely great but a lot have to change, and change fast.

ho - you contradict yourself...

if i can assume that full switch is a "suck it up" way to fly, and therefor exclusive... and excellent in its own right...

how can you say we need to be inclusive, and also accept pilot lvlup , weird medals and power-ups?

no evil intention, but... i got a bit stuck on your train of thought?

maybe by saying all inclusive, you mean we need to teach people how to fly (no manual...) and spend some time on such online training sessions for the wide public, which is what chuck has done and keeps doing?

(and the syndicate fellows do that on wednesdays - i plan to participate again)

Problem is, a lot off people dont want to learn the right "way". They just want to have fun. Saying its just "pushing 2 buttons" is all fine, but then what, what happens after you are airborn? People who have been playing FR for years seem to have forgotten its more to it than that. If i have to explain what that is, those people really have forgotten.

No more than 2-3 presets (servers) and you will lose players = fact.

And dont argue about it anymore (don't mean you specifically) just look at old IL2 and compare options and players.

Edited by Baron

potential new players.

El is correct in that the more options the better. The original Il2 did not have complex engine management until Forgotten Battles, 3 years after the first Il2 came out. The prevalent servers and player preference was wonder women view and big read and blue icons.

I flew with him as well yesterday and at least 3 or 4 pilots were put off by the closed cockpits and complex engine management. Two of those people were real life pilots one in the Navy and one who flies commercial. I prefer "full real" servers as well but having fun with my Buds is always a higher priority for myself.

Options are good people. Hopefully BoS will allow more options than what is currently available right now.

Edited by Targ
  • Upvote 1

Oh. btw, im not playing anymore either. Haven't for a month or so. :joy:

Edited by Baron

They just want to have fun

Hmm. simulators simulate to the best of their ability and within the constraints of the dev team.

Stuff like GTA is fun, or skyrim or the sims or... tons of other Titles and franchises.
with a simulator type title like BoS CloD or the other one with the A-10 and the Su-27 one needs to learn a few hours in setup and tests, only to take off and land..

going from first start to "fun simulator" all alone, with no tutorial, no manual is not going to happen in such titles.
Simulators are not that kind of "fun", and IMNSHO shouldnt.

For BoS Propaganda videos and nice official screenshots suggest otherwise[awesome images, fast action], but user made youtube videos can give a better picture of what a new user needs to learn.

For BoS that is an unfortunate situation, the new user needs to "get" accurate information from other users (forums and youtube...)

because the promotional propaganda is misleading, and no manual exist to give accurate information.

What is effectively happening, is that the Community writes the manuals and tutorials based on the available experience and information.
the community is spreading the word of the product and the readme's.

and just like the graphics options, we know there are difficulty options. We know they are there but somehow locked.
I for one am confident they come back, and i am also confident that there are specific reasons for this situation.

I  too used to look at the difficulty settings for the servers... back in Hyperlobby days.
I had a lot of choice.
I think these things are coming back.

How does that compare to the number of people who abandoned CoD, never to return again (unless the game is updated with changes that make it better, then they'll start playing again and pretend that they never left...)?

My post had nothing to do with anything regarding CloD!

And ElAurens, if there were enough demand for a simplified Sim Server, i. e. with CloD, then there would be one.

It seems the majority of online CFS Fliers are the hard core and bored with simplified settings.

And for the really simplified CFS you have WT Arcade.

Edited by I./ZG15_robtek

^^
THAT.

I can not have a true LaGG or a 109G and a pilots licence and the fuel and hangar Bills and stuff...
so i come to BoS to get close to that.

My post had nothing to do with anything regarding CloD!

No, but you're crying about issues that are relatively minor compared to the CoD release disaster.  CoD wasn't just bad, it was so bad that it ruined the flight sim genre completely (or so we were told).  It even retroactively ruined IL2 1946.  Now people are holding up CoD as the gold standard for flight sims.

Most likely the people who "gave up hope entirely" will be back after a few more updates and will pretend that they never left.

• Upvote 1

Pretty hilarious that people think hitting a magneto, fuel cock and ignition is a complex start-up.

• Upvote 3

some people can not even start a modern car!
so yea.. as ridiculous as it might sound... it is!

"retroactively ruined IL2 1946" lol you've posted a load of nonsense before but that is the best yet.  :lol: 

I remember the banana forum at the time CoD was released, and there were actually people in there who believed that.  You're right, it was complete nonsense.

some people can not even start a modern car!

Why on earth would those same people want to attempt to engage in complex air combat situations?

Pretty hilarious that people think hitting a magneto, fuel cock and ignition is a complex start-up.

Speaking for myself, it's a little more than that.

El was talking about me as one of the guys that said "no thanks" when trying to get back into CoD. I downloaded all the patches (which were fantastic) and I was truly happy to see the sim work as intended. I was also pretty pumped about getting back online with my old BP buddies.

I went to the full-real server (since there was no other choice) and since I'm Navy Air, I was able to relatively quickly figure out the three steps you mentioned above just by clicking around in the cockpit. Got airborne after a ridiculously hard, counter-torque fighting takeoff, was flying around enjoying the scenery....and my engine started to burn up. I'm guessing there are radiator settings you need to pay attention to. Which I would have to look up the command and assign some buttons to before I could figure that out....

Whatever. Couple that with not being able to go external to take screenshots and just enjoy the look of the aircraft, scenery and sky and ...you know...SIMULATE being an online pilot goofing off with other simulated online pilot buddies, it killed it for me.

I don't begrudge anyone those settings and I agree - for full immersion and to HARDCORE pretend you are a pilot, it makes sense. Is it too much to ask for another server with less restrictions? I honestly don't even want to mess around with the ridiculously hard takeoffs, I want to start in the air, yank and bank to my heart's content without worrying about what is happening to my airframe or engine or body and have FUN as I define online fun to be. Why is that any less valid than the way YOU want to play?

• Upvote 1