II./JG53Lutzow_z06z33

Why are the servers always dead these days?

I've been busy with school recently (last semester of college) so now I have time to fly but it seems like after release all the servers went dead. What happened more people played IL-2 1946 8 years after its release then they do BOS just a month after its. I still remember waiting a couple of years back in Il2 1946 to get a spot in the 64 player server and I had hoped BOS would be the same way. I will never understand the draw of warthunder I mean its ok for a kids first sim but beyond that its not very much but its servers are always full.

Personally I got tired of the one MP mission. After twenty or thirty goes at it there isn't much left to hold my interest.

I stopped playing for 3 reasons. First, they wont let me change my in game name which happens to be my real name. Second, they reduced server sizes (15 vs 15 in such huge maps is just meh).  And lastly as Feathered mentioned, theres only 1 mission. 

• Upvote 1

It's almost as if there are few US servers, and Europe has different "prime time" hours than the US.

Edited by [JG2]Creepermoss

It's almost as if there are few US servers, and Europe has different "prime time" hours than the US.

Yeah. It's almost as if no-one gives a monkey's.

Isn't it?

S!

Gave up on playing due lack of missions, lack of options to tweak the game etc. On hold until further notice.

Game is on hold for me.

Theres just to many crucial elements missing at the moment.  

Im mainly a single player flyer and i find the current campaign and unlock system boring as hell.

Career mode, Intense air battles, more activity on the ground, no freaking unlocks etc etc

Sigh.....

For me in addition to some of the above mentioned things I find myself not playing as much as it was a bit of an anticlimax after release. In ea I loved logging in every week to see what was going on, now we have the final product I've been a bit let down and not as interested. I'm hoping that it will get better but for now it's not that exciting but don't get me wrong I still think it's a wicked game at its core

If they would make some different maps ie summer or spring I think that would bring more people in. They need to focus on making this like il2 1946 but with way better graphics, there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

Edited by OCTz06z33
  • Upvote 4

I'm on hold for a bit too. Until they remove the bullshit of seeing enemy (all) planes on the map in the expert mp servers (and no don't say, "Just press I", because no one else does it and puts you at an insane disadvantage.)

You only see them around your own airfields. At least you know ther are enemies there , quite possibly 'vulchers' , so you can pick different airfield and avoid / intercept them.

Edited by Don_Kojote

Why are the servers always dead these days?

I think it's because 68% of all BOS players have passed away in the last week.  Damn shame.

You know things were great in the US time zone, when Eagles nest was around.  Whoever they gave the ip to, isn't doing crap.  Every time we log on we are like "man I wish eagles nest was sill here."  A few of us have been just playing around in the dual server lately, cause nothing, absolutely nothing is going on in the US time zone. 

• Upvote 2

Quit playing after release, won't allow to reset my progress in campaign without buying another copy, game is pretty boring.   This is IL2 in name only.

• Upvote 2

I dont get comments like " I cant play as the game has my real name. " Are you a spy or someone with a secret identity? lol.

• Upvote 1

I think it's because 68% of all BOS players have passed away in the last week.  Damn shame.

They were shot down actually. The flak is bloody precise.

I dont get comments like " I cant play as the game has my real name. " Are you a spy or someone with a secret identity? lol.

No some people just value privacy. Also considering my name is 20 characters long it looks pretty ridiculous ingame, not to mention nobody online knows me by my real name.

No some people just value privacy. Also considering my name is 20 characters long it looks pretty ridiculous ingame, not to mention nobody online knows me by my real name.

Plus it would suck if your boss was online at the same time you were supposed to be working.

I stopped playing regularly since release, the MP has been crashing, lagging and sometimes going slow-motion since then. The official servers are barely playable and goes into laggy slowmotion mode when theres 15+ people on it; other servers are typically empty.

Never play this game because they don't support my triple monitors as promised.

Never play this game because they don't support my triple monitors as promised.

Some guys posted shots of triple heads working, but, there is always a but, the resolution size is limited on the X size so you can't go FULL full.

Edit: seems you found it. Sadly won't go ( has problems with... ) over 4000 width.

Edited by =LD=Hethwill_Khan

I stopped playing regularly since release, the MP has been crashing, lagging and sometimes going slow-motion since then. The official servers are barely playable and goes into laggy slowmotion mode when theres 15+ people on it; other servers are typically empty.

In game, go to Network options and setup the speeds properly.

We had no lags ( but we had enough Laggs ! ) on SYN and LD when the servers were up to 60 - 80 - 100 slots.

Now with 32 ( even when full ) is smooth.

In game, go to Network options and setup the speeds properly.

We had no lags ( but we had enough Laggs ! ) on SYN and LD when the servers were up to 60 - 80 - 100 slots.

Now with 32 ( even when full ) is smooth.

Already tried every single options. Servers were fine for me pre-release but roughly after the fw190 FM fixes everything started to go downhill and the servers became generally unplayable.

Of course when I get off work, there'll be about 12 players max.. frFQgwL.jpg

Is this a browser based server list to check who's online without starting the game? What's the url?

every sim that has ever been mp heavy needed to be simplified. the fact is, you're making games for lots of people now, who want to play together. that means the standards cannot remain on the level of hardcore, but rather on the level of the common denominator.

the problem then, as it always turns out, is that the hardcore fans are alienated, the people who don't like sim don't like it either, and the only people who stay are sort of the middle ground, war thunder types.

my personal optimistic view is that the campaign mode be fleshed out with something akin to rise of flight and the people who left due to the mainstreaming effect will return and justify increased options and varieties catering to niche sim consumers.

Is this a browser based server list to check who's online without starting the game? What's the url?

Here is your answer.

I made a simple service to display the servers and players. This is not an official service! Just my initiative. http://online.il2forever.com/ At the moment, the server is added manually. If you are the server administrator and you want to add your server to the list - write me a private message.

I'm on hold for a bit too. Until they remove the bullshit of seeing enemy (all) planes on the map in the expert mp servers (and no don't say, "Just press I", because no one else does it and puts you at an insane disadvantage.)

Im also one who hates that radar thingy, but lets face it, without it, everyone and their dogs would be vulching. Now at least it discourages people going near enemy airfield.