dario

Future plan about BOS

I read threads full of noise and disorder, I think, in fact, we all agree to say that BOS would be a great game if ...

I think the devs should provide a little more to not cause much confusion, and tell us how they see the future, the subjects on which they are leaning, etc ... A sort of specification as it .

Devs, do you think it is possible to communicate over there with several scales (short term, long term, etc.)?

You and the community of BOS, do not you think all this noise and it displease him would disappear even if the devs communicate more?

Thank you to all

PS: Please excuse my poor english.

Long Life For Bos !

• Upvote 3

I would be interested - but then I am interested in firewood as well! Amazing how many things you can find interesting in a flight-sim. ;)

Dario I believe they want to finish BoS and squish most of the bugs before they speculate on the future. However having said that, I'm quite sure they are already mulling over where to go next with BoS. It's just that they're not ready to discuss it openly yet. One thing at a time.

Chief

Hmmm, can't remember where, but Jason (or Zak?) stated that they would show us a roadmap later in December, when they see how the release has gone. Or did I imagine that...?

Yeah, a roadmap should dispassionate the debates here, I think it is the only thing which is missing there. I hope they'll provide it later in December. Communication is the nerve of war.

I can't wait to hear whats next. I have a ton of games on the backburner but I can't stop playing BoS. More planes will be awesome and a new map or somethin? i could go for a Yak-3 just sayin :P

I think with any luck BOS will become a big success, all we need to do is look at clod and original il-2 which were both a lot worse at release. Imo I think the devs will get the core sorted, then rethink bigger thinks like campaign and then finally if successful will start on additional content. If 777 can't carry it on due to lack of success I'm sure another team will pick it up at some point

They are purposely silent about future stuff. We had a post from a dev floating around here (cant pick it up) stating that the game's future was totally relying on money flow.

If they sell well we can expect a new theatre in short time and some new plnes (included in this theatre). If not, well things will turn out bad.

December was aimed to make their final decision public. The only thing we can do now is wait and see.

I think even with bos's big falts anyone with any smarts knows it has a good core. We as a community need to start really pushing the game to make sure it gets the required cash flow, instead of saying it's broken cause of important but trivial fixable aspects. If we don't then it's just signing and promoting its death

I have been worried about that future.  It seems like RoF was left off half complete while the developers moved on to BoS and IM.

• Upvote 1

Game aint gonna sell well if dserver and qmb arent available. simple.

• Upvote 2

I would imagine work has already begun on the next chapter of BoS, but like others have stated this version needs to be polished up before moving on. Bringing the next chapter into the discussion now would just be a mess.

Edited by IIN8II

I have been worried about that future.  It seems like RoF was left off half complete while the developers moved on to BoS and IM.

RoF is still being supported.

Game aint gonna sell well if dserver and qmb arent available. simple.

How many times does it have to be said that these things are in the works.. and BoS already has a QMB that works quite well.

I think even with bos's big falts anyone with any smarts knows it has a good core. We as a community need to start really pushing the game to make sure it gets the required cash flow, instead of saying it's broken cause of important but trivial fixable aspects. If we don't then it's just signing and promoting its death

Its not broke, its just getting started. I do think that the sales are going to dictate what comes next, if anything at all. I'd say we as a community need to support the Dev's and all that they are trying to do with this game. I don't like everything about it, but I'm at least going to try it. "How do you know you don't like it, if you've never tried it" George Carlin, fussy eater.

I'm sure after a few months we will see more bug's fixed, more content in single player mode and Dservers/ ME's for us MP guys. Unlock gone or not, who knows.

I hate to bring Clod into this but I paid 50 US for it and was mad, I could run it on low settings but it looked like a 1980's Atari game..Pitfall comes to mind. But now with a little help its a good running game. I hear what you're saying, BOS will be a good game if we make it one. Its up to us and the Dev's to make the game great.

I think with any luck BOS will become a big success, all we need to do is look at clod and original il-2 which were both a lot worse at release. Imo I think the devs will get the core sorted, then rethink bigger thinks like campaign and then finally if successful will start on additional content. If 777 can't carry it on due to lack of success I'm sure another team will pick it up at some point.

Another team to pick up IL-2? Gaijin Entertainment picked it up after 1946which was pure embarrassment to the IL-2 name, and then Atag saved Cliffs of Dover, I hope it doesn't come to that.

Anyways, it's been what, one month? There's a reason for everything; the devs aren't stupid, they're not holding the FMB and Dserver back just to be evil and watch us cry. But as the single player community is the majority and the current campaign is what gave BoS bad taste in the game, and reviews, they need to release the FMB soon so someone in the community create an immersive campaign, because that alone will boost sales/player base.. And that will create more multiplayer servers as well.

We be like..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_7NAE-rKE

• Upvote 1

Bah, it's already a great game.  I fired up 1946 a couple nights ago... first time in about a year.  Just flying around Hawaii in an F2, after only a few minutes I shut down that great game and fired up BOS. 

I see potential for BOS to become the greatest.  

I sure would like to see about 20 more maps and 100 new aircraft real fast after they deliver the core items.  I miss the carrier ops badly!

A roadmap of sorts would be good. People here tend to freak out when something happens that isn't to their liking, because they can't see ahead and think it will always be this way.

The same thing happens to a baby when they feel hungry or poop their pants.

• Upvote 1

RoF is still being supported.

Yes, but no word on future planes or theaters, no updates to the news feed since July and the Campaign still in Beta.

I think with any luck BOS will become a big success, all we need to do is look at clod and original il-2 which were both a lot worse at release. Imo I think the devs will get the core sorted, then rethink bigger thinks like campaign and then finally if successful will start on additional content. If 777 can't carry it on due to lack of success I'm sure another team will pick it up at some point

It SHOULD be better at release than IL2 or CoD. It's the same (but improved) engine as RoF - an already five year old game engine. Sorry. I usually don't do the comparison game, but I don't think it's totally honest to compare releases of previous versions of IL2 without stating the obvious. BoS is made from an already established game engine, while the previous versions were created from scratch. Almost everything you see in BoS, with the exception of the later war in BoS, is available in RoF.

Yes, but no word on future planes or theaters, no updates to the news feed since July and the Campaign still in Beta.

I think you missed our Ilya Muromets Early Access we launched recently and we are working to fix more bugs in ROF and we released other updates just a little while ago. And Luke has been continually working on improving the Career in small ways for a while now. We have not exactly been ignoring ROF or WWI.

Jason

How many times does it have to be said that these things are in the works..

Many, many times... Why are you asking?

There should be clear statement at the BoS website that this game has no DServer and FMB at the moment.

Edited by =LG=Kathon

My hopes are definitely with the game. I love the airplanes and would really like to see this series kicking off again to its grand proportions of 100s of different flyable planes.

Maybe start with adding more single planes to sell one by one to add more cash flow into the development and chip in the one or other map to sell.  Then go for a next big theater.

I do not think it being a smart idea to put a LARGE pricetag with a LARGE price in the face of a customer.
who then complains that the options and replay value of the Sim are SMALL. (1 campaign, a few QMB, a few MP servers with only 32 slots and few missions...)

It is important to tel these customers that this PROJECT is ongoing, and has not stopped at version 1.000.
It is important to tell them that Tools for FMB, hosting, and skins are on their way. and that they are included in the price tag.

it is important that if this Project is still an ongoing project, that the goals, dreams and hopes for the ongoing Project be displayed.

So tell us what BoS is.
Tell potential customers in an acknowledging manner what is missing, that you are actively working on subjects like FMB, hosting, skinning, and what your next moves will be.

right now all i see is a CGI dream, and two large pricetags.
and when looking at the "about" page, i see what you already have done in the past, but none of the above answers gets a statement.

and a potential customer does not bother going to the forums and reading stickies.
so update your communications with the Flight sim community, and cut a flow of Crap that some people send to the Bos team :)

• Upvote 1

S!

Pretty well said there Hawker Typhoon. Cut the wings of baseless rumours and poop talk with solid facts. Nothing hits harder than solid facts.

And give us more graphical options, please! :)

Whilst i agree on your words, i would not use them.
I mean it in a more psycological way, a bit more positive.

How about replacing Hard hitting Facts which lead to Pain hurt and death (sledgehammerrrrr!) with something clear, lit-up, cloud free skies.

The last major Change hit the community as a... surprise.

what i would like to propagate is to point a strong searchlight down the BoS runway, and adressing the evilest, nastiest subjects that creep up on the forums with short statements. The propaganda team only needs  about 15 seconds to find 30 BIG subjects. Theirs is the choice.
some answers are already given, like "when will the *** ** * * ******* Full mission builder come!" or "what exactly is in the DVD box!??????"

How can the motivated average user contribute?

This is a Project, and i KNOW a bunch of things that we could do - adapt the translations and GUI text for example.

Fix some simple text errors. Provide Spanish, Portuguese and Indonesian and Chinese adaptations.

or maybe you would welcome if the community provided/submitted you with templates for the planes.

I know a lot of folks who want this Thing to fly, and to break records for decades to come.
So tell us, what is being done to get there, and how can we potentially lend a hand?

• Upvote 1

what is being done to get there, and how can we potentially lend a hand?

letting them know when huge mistakes are being made is one way, instead of singing happy songs of praise as they navigate to oblivion.

• Upvote 2

Enough of the endless quoting and personal sniping. I'm removing it. Whatever the initial sentiment behind it, it is not helpful to a good discussion.

• Upvote 1

Enough of the endless quoting and personal sniping. I'm removing it. Whatever the initial sentiment behind it, it is not helpful to a good discussion.

Thank you.  Man, the same thing over and over, no matter the thread's topic.  It has gotten so incredibly old.

plans for near future will be officially published somewhere in end'14 - beginning'15.

and personally i think that at least it will be - MiG-3, I-16, P-40E, and Bf 110, Bf 109 E, IAR and Ju 88 - but, i just dont know thoughts of devs, plus, maybe, will be something for Velikiye Luki.

PS http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/5-voprosy-razrabotchikam/page-38?do=findComment&comment=227738

I hope your chrystal ball is correct Bivalov. Would love those planes!

So tell us what BoS is.

Tell potential customers in an acknowledging manner what is missing, that you are actively working on subjects like FMB, hosting, skinning, and what your next moves will be.

You are totally right Hawker, that's why I've created this thread, and I thank you for all your comments.

Bos has a great core, I have no doubt it will become a reference as IL2, we just need to have more communication. More communication = more customers = more reviews.

Cheers

PS: Sorry for my awful english guys.

plans for near future will be officially published somewhere in end'14 - beginning'15.

and personally i think that at least it will be - MiG-3, I-16, P-40E, and Bf 110, Bf 109 E, IAR and Ju 88 - but, i just dont know thoughts of devs, plus, maybe, will be something for Velikiye Luki.

PS http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/5-voprosy-razrabotchikam/page-38?do=findComment&comment=227738

Thanks for the link! Some of Loft's (and the team's) thinking seems very pragmatic and sensible. It seems they know what they have to do and what they want to achieve (including skins and FMB - if I'm reading the Google Translate version correctly). I'm very optimistic about the sim's (the game's!) next steps.

(It's also interesting to read some of his thinking about the design of the campaign. He says that the stats for RoF show that 90% of users use the game [mostly or entirely?] for the QMB, with most flights of 30 minutes or less. I suppose that was what they had in mind when they set out to design the campaign system - something that most "ordinary" players would actually use. Personally, I'm using it a lot. Outside of my online squadron activities with other flightsims (waiting hosting and FMB), the campaign's my main focus. It's fun! Sorry for being off-topic!)

Edited by No601_Swallow

well, the 30 minutes or less rate is - if i recall correctly, based on solid historical grounds, with the pilots flying from dusk till dawn to exhaustion.
The front was not far away, the enemy wasn't either, so i gether if a pilot logged 2 or 3 missions per day the flights could not have lasted 4 hours each, with short days in winter and so forth.

wether a powerfull QMB is enough for this subject - that is another question. for me, online and offfline campaigns is the way to go, and QMB is basically just a testing tool.

but needs vary.

I hope your chrystal ball is correct Bivalov. Would love those planes!

this is based on several concrete facts or mentions, so, MAYBE, it really will be so..... :) i hope too, although, i partly prefer a bit different things.

(including skins and FMB - if I'm reading the Google Translate version correctly).

(It's also interesting to read some of his thinking about the design of the campaign.

yep, producer permanently said about concept of this fast campaign......

and this is fast translation, maybe, it will be interesting for someone - 

we got new bigger office with WINDOWS.........

hope that in near future we will get new members of our team (and we must a bit teach them).....................

further need to create, check, fix, and again check plan of work on 2015 year................

next step is traditional russian drunk fest "new year"...........

and after all this stuff, need to check plan again - maybe, we were a bit optimistic?

if more seriously, in BOS need to finish lot of thing, before next episode (you can be SURE, he will be, there just questions about scale) -

1) programm for creating of skins for planes

2) and code for this

3) dedicated server

4) FMB

5) worldwide statistic for campaign (with search of pilots)

6) worldwide statistic for official online servers

7) several fixes for game and moduls inside

8) new achievements for campaign....................

all our thoughts, at this moment, only about these things'14 and about that really need from this list.

• Upvote 1

Thank you bivalov.

oh, no problem......

here not much of hot info from devs, and i just try to fix this lack... :biggrin: 

at least, for interesting constant local discussions about possible near future (besides of wishes of "100 B-17 + 100 P-51 over Europe" under new year-spruce).

I hope they allow those that don't want to be found to elect to remain hidden from these searches.

hmmm, why?

and looks like that you can offer that thought for devs...... but personally i not sure that here will be better than with unlock for all players in all modes of game.

I don't like everything about it, but I'm at least going to try it. "How do you know you don't like it, if you've never tried it" George Carlin, fussy eater.

I have happily tried, and supported, with RoF. But as a customer I need to see progressive genre evolution before I spend again.