When I quit the game the "Launcher" stay there in the background and I cannot launch a new instance of the game once I quit the game?! :(

horrible.jpg

I allready posted it in the bugs and no results or changes?!

Edited by senseispcc

Sometimes I have the problem even without BoS launcher, that launcher.exe still remains in taskmanager after closing it. At least if I close it with ALT+F4 command. Maybe it helps to close it with closing cross.

Sometimes I have the problem even without BoS launcher, that launcher.exe still remains in taskmanager after closing it. At least if I close it with ALT+F4 command. Maybe it helps to close it with closing cross.

Regularly happens to me too. I have to go into the Task Manager to terminate the "process" (I'm referring to BoS, by the way, not Schmalz's Launcher).

Edited by No601_Swallow

~ S! Regularly happens to me too, using the closing "X".

I have followed this site for a while, jumped on the Christmas sale for the Standard edition and the 2 premier planes. Bigger problem is when I open the launcher, it shows the "Checking update cache" progress bar up to @ 90% and then stops. I am logged in at the Site. The other tabs for "Site", "Forum", etc. work but no joy to get to "Play" except for 1 occasion when I was able to go "Offline" and look around at all the settings. Not able to get it to work again. I've d/l'd and installed 3 times. I tried turning off my firewall and anti-virus but no joy. Any ideas, m8's???

~S!

Strider

Edited by Strider

Lol Strider This thread is about a Separate program whose name is "BoS launcher", not the game's "laucher"

Capture.png

tells you who is playing on what server , has a chat n stuff.

very similar name, but not the same ting :D
i understand the confusion.

=========================================================

Back you YOUR BoS launcher -
i can suggest going into the game's folder and erasing what is inside the "updates" folder, then launch again.

@ Yakdriver---~S, m8! Thank you for your response and Merry Christmas!

After posting the above, I did a search on the topic and found many suggestions, from unchecking "Seed when downloaded" to retrying multiple times after erasing the contents of the "updates" folder. I have concluded it is the slow download rate from the update site as I left it running all night and awoke to the "Play" message on the progress bar. Hoo-Rah! Not to hijack this thread but I thought with so many posters about this launcher, I might attract a tip on my problem, which you did! Thank you!

This BoSLauncher is a great addition, similar to a proggy I use with IL2 1946 to start TIR and TS as well as the sim.I'll add this when I think my stock game launcher is sorted.

Happy Flying!

Strider

when downloading bos does the download file & launch file go in the same folder? I could sure use some he[p with this. thx

i do not understand what you say... you are downloading the setup.exe from this website, and can store it on your desktop [or anywhere else] if you want.

What is the launch file?

It may be a stupid question, but does this work with the Steam version?

Shouldn't be a problem. Just select your BoS executable and start.

"Unfortunately it is not possible to connect directly from the server list because IL-2.exe and Launcher.exe are not accepting parameters (-> IP address)."

So I take it that I can see who is logged into a particular server but I can't actually launch the game and be in a selected server by using this utility.

Is that right?

That's what I was trying to do but it wouldn't show when I browsed to it? I can see it fine in windows, it sits in steam apps>common etc....bin>game

By browse to it, I mean I click the aeroplane icon in your launcher and it opens an explorer window 'open launcher executable'. When I browse to the game folder above, I don't see the .exe file?

Thanks for any help.

Do you have a Launcher.exe or only Il2.exe with Steam version? I filter for just Launcher.exe in Path selector, but you can "workaround" if you set the path to your Il2.exe manualy in config

Mine is in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\BoS_Launcher\BoS_Launcher.exe_Url_nneh0wsf52vt3ghlhvwnxjnllxprdq3o\1.32.0.0\user.config

Just edit the line and set it to your Il2.exe

<setting name="IL2Path" serializeAs="String">
<value>C:\Program Files (x86)\Spiele\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\launcher.exe</value>
</setting>

"Unfortunately it is not possible to connect directly from the server list because IL-2.exe and Launcher.exe are not accepting parameters (-> IP address)."

So I take it that I can see who is logged into a particular server but I can't actually launch the game and be in a selected server by using this utility.
Is that right?

Yes correct. there is no way to start BoS directly and connect to a server until devs implements something like parametrised shortcut to Il2.exe that takes the ip address of a server.

Off topic but could you tell me the monitoring program you are using on the desktop? Thanks for developing this handy tool, I just found this thread and will try out the BoS launcher. - Cheers

Have removed the earlier installments by using Revo uninstaller in hunter mode.
no leftovers, no B.S.

Nice to see that!

Updating now.

nice!
I see i can make the program window wider, but could i get the option to make itt smaller, too?

i intend to have it running on my secondary 1280*1024 screen, in the center of the monitoring Gauges.

Untitled.jpg

Interesting utility, but why do I get a UAC pop-up asking me if I want to let this application do changes to my computer when I start it?

Interesting utility, but why do I get a UAC pop-up asking me if I want to let this application do changes to my computer when I start it?

Maybe because it creates user config inf C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\BoS_Launcher

When I launch this it now takes around 3-4 minutes to open up, and instead of the welcome message I get this: "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 80.65.57.26:6667". I've uninstalled, re-installed and tried everything else I could think of but no luck. Started to happen about a week ago. I am running Win 10 but that should not be an issue as it worked fine before. Anyone else seeing this, or have a solution?

Hello....i downloaded your app....but i cannot find launcher.exe....maybe becouse i have the Steam version of the sim?

right click your launcher icon for BOS "open in folder" to find it.

Sorry maybe i was not too much clear....i don't have launcher.exe in my Bos installation.

I have only il-2.exe and dserver.exe in my bin folder.

I have the Steam Version but this programs ask me for  launcher,exe.

I hope to be more clear now...thanks for the help anyway

Sorry maybe i was not too much clear....i don't have launcher.exe in my Bos installation.

I have only il-2.exe and dserver.exe in my bin folder.

I have the Steam Version but this programs ask me for  launcher,exe.

I hope to be more clear now...thanks for the help anyway

I don't know the current steam version. Is it updating the game through steam directly? As a workaround you can manipulate the config manually by opening BoS Launcher.exe.config in applications folder and add the path to il-2.exe. For example: 

<value>C:\Program Files (x86)\youril2installationfolder\il-2.exe</value>
      </setting>

I don't know the current steam version. Is it updating the game through steam directly? As a workaround you can manipulate the config manually by opening BoS Launcher.exe.config in applications folder and add the path to il-2.exe. For example: 

<value>C:\Program Files (x86)\youril2installationfolder\il-2.exe</value>
      </setting>

Yes the game is updated through steam directly...i'll try, thanks