Hi all,

I often forget to start TrackIR before BoS, so I wrote a little tool to solve this problem. It has some other cool features and I'm planing to expand the list:

• Starts TrackIR automatically with BoS
  • Stops TrackIR when closing BoS Launcher
  • Integrated Server list with players and their pings (automatic refresh if wanted)
  • Integrated chatlobby

Unfortunately it is not possible to connect directly from the server list because IL-2.exe and Launcher.exe are not accepting parameters (-> IP address).

Also I want to thank @=FB=Vaal for providing the API I'm using for the server list. Here is his web version of the server list.

post-16447-0-03011100-1416692937_thumb.png

You can also join the chatlobby from work, train etc. Just use an IRC client / webclient and join the channel #il2bos at server irc.quakenet.org. Here is the webclient: http://webchat.quakenet.org/

If you are hosting a server and want your server in the list please contact @=FB=Vaal

Requirements:

• .NET 4.5

Known issues

• If TrackIR is in tray it won't autoclose (just let it be minimized atm)

Changelog:

1.10 (16.11.2014)

• Added IRC based chatlobby
1.20 (18.11.2014)
  • If user leaves server (not channel), he still remains in userlist (fixed)
  • After setting nickname on startup application shuts down (fixed)
  • Added crash reporter (if BoS Launcher crashes you should find a crash report in BoS install directory)
  • Support for TrackIR, FreeTrack and FaceTrackNoIR (set the path to .exe in settings)
  • Added private chat with sound notification if you want (just double click a contact)
  • New Icon

1.25 (21.11.2014)

• Support for OpenTrack
  • New serverupdate logic
  • GUI fixes and improvements
  • Playerlist is on the left side in its own list instead on a tooltip over the server
  • No restart required if changing nickname
  • Error message if nickname is not valid
  • Underscores not visible in in nickname setting (fixed)

1.30 (26.11.2014)

• Teamspeak viewer added (I will add official BoS Teamspeak server if i get the data)
  • Minimal window width increased
  • Mainwindow size and position saving
  • Only allowing one instance of BoS Launcher
  • Player-status added (playing/not playing)
  • Red text for system messages

1.31 (29.11.2014)

• Getting initial players status after connect
  • Official Teamspeak server added (you can join by clicking the server name)
  • Closing a privat chat minimizes main window (fixed)

Source @ Github

Download BoS Launcher here

post-16447-0-70940600-1416336512_thumb.png

post-16447-0-50250000-1416336676_thumb.png

Edited by Schmalzfaust
  • Upvote 21

+1 for you! I hate when I spawn into an aircraft in multiplayer, only to notice my TIR isn't working, I noticed I have to have the window open when I start the game. And hopefully more server admins will contact Vaal so we can finally get all the servers on that list..

Any chance you could make the server API public? I hate to download random .exe files from the internet without the source codes and I also do not want to disassemble your work without your consent. Thanks

Thanks for the JSON link. It's probably a fixed list of servers. It updates players online but doesn't list all servers.

Yes it's a fixed list. More information here

Hey, I added a chat client to BoS Launcher (IRC based, so you can join the chat room from smartphone, work etc.). You don't need to register or something... Just enter you nickname (best your BoS ingame nickname) and that's it  ;)

Edited by Schmalzfaust
  • Upvote 2

Fantastic app! Is there any way of getting this to work with other head tracking options like Freetrack and Opentrack (which are using TrackIR software)?

Edited by xenos1234

Fantastic app! Is there any way of getting this to work with other head tracking options like Freetrack and Opentrack (which are using TrackIR software)?

Yeha should be possible. I will take a look this week.

@ mods: it would be nice if I could edit my first post here for new versions etc.

Only Zak can grant you this right. Send him a PM.

Mine doesn't want to work after asking for nick name 

Hmm after you click "Set nickname"? Hard to figure out why it crashes. I will implement crash reports in the next version so it will create a log you could send me.

Edited by Schmalzfaust
  • Upvote 1

Mine also crashed after entering my nickname, however, simply relaunched it and it worked fine.

Thanks for the info, that helps! I try to reproduce it after work.

Very nice, thank yo for that sir Schmalzfaust, me hopes to see a new Hyperlloby eventually , and the online wars that we used to have :)

Phew new Hyperlobby would be a bit too big... that would be another project  :happy: But if devs would give us a nice api to stats and servers and if we could start BoS with parameters I could implement some very cool stuff into BoS Launcher!

Hmm after you click "Set nickname"? Hard to figure out why it crashes. I will implement crash reports in the next version so it will create a log you could send me.

Even after uninstalling and re installing I still get the launcher has stopped working.

Yes, I will send you the log after the next version if it's still needed.

Even after uninstalling and re installing I still get the launcher has stopped working.

Yes, I will send you the log after the next version if it's still needed.

Rgr, I think I will upload a new version tomorrow. You can try to delete IL_2_Serverlist folder in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local after uninstalling and then reinstall... Maybe this will solve the problem.

Edited by Schmalzfaust

I gave that a try...Negative.

Thank you.

I'll just have to wait....

The first one still works for me but it doesn't shut down the IR. 

I gave that a try...Negative.

Thank you.

I'll just have to wait....

The first one still works for me but it doesn't shut down the IR. 

Hmm strange. TrackIR install path is found by registry entry ... that's not very dynamic and of course only works with TrackIR (maybe only with newest TrackIR software, I don't know if older TrackIR software has the same registry entries etc...). I will change that, so you can choose your headtracker software by just selecting the headtrackerbla.exe file. This is a safer way and works with other headtrackers too :)

Edited by Schmalzfaust

New version!

1.20 (18.11.2014)
  • Added crash reporter (if BoS Launcher crashes you should find a crash report in BoS install directory)
  • Support for TrackIR, FreeTrack and FaceTrackNoIR (set the path to .exe in settings)
  • Added private chat with sound notification if you want (just double click a contact)
  • New Icon
Edited by Schmalzfaust
  • Upvote 1

Great update! Thank you! Have you looked into functionality with OpenTrack? Also, are you able to launch the game directly from it? As of now I can only see the launcher application.

Ta a lot

It would be nice nice with game launching and Dserver like Hyperlobby (kidding of course)

Keep on keeping on

Here's a typical startup routine for me:

1. Launch BOS

2. Login, choose mulitiplayer, join server

3. Download files, choose base, choose aircraft

4. Set up fuel and weapons loadout

5. Start mission. 

6. Look around cockpit, but view remains locked at crosshairs.

7. Swear.

8. Abort mission, leave server, return, exit game.

9. Launch BOS

10. Login, choose mulitiplayer, join server

11. Download files, choose base, choose aircraft

12. Set up fuel and weapons loadout

13. Start mission. 

14. Look around cockpit, but view remains locked at crosshairs.

15. Swear where they hear me clear down the cove.

16. Abort mission, leave server, return, exit game.

17. Launch TrackIR

18. Launch BOS

19. Login, choose mulitiplayer, join server

20. Download files, choose base, choose aircraft

21. Set up fuel and weapons loadout

22. Start mission. 

23. Enjoy MP session.

I may have to check this utility out.

Great update! Thank you! Have you looked into functionality with OpenTrack? Also, are you able to launch the game directly from it? As of now I can only see the launcher application.

The problem if you start BoS directly is that some people will pass updates, so I used this way. I will look if there is a way do check if an update is available. Can you tell me an official source where to get Opentrack? Do they have an official website?

this is pretty cool...

something to replace Hyperlobby one day?

New Hyperlobby is a pretty big project and I don't have the time for it, unfortunately. Maybe one day ^^

Here's a typical startup routine for me:

1. Launch BOS

2. Login, choose mulitiplayer, join server

3. Download files, choose base, choose aircraft

4. Set up fuel and weapons loadout

5. Start mission. 

6. Look around cockpit, but view remains locked at crosshairs.

7. Swear.

8. Abort mission, leave server, return, exit game.

9. Launch BOS

10. Login, choose mulitiplayer, join server

11. Download files, choose base, choose aircraft

12. Set up fuel and weapons loadout

13. Start mission. 

14. Look around cockpit, but view remains locked at crosshairs.

15. Swear where they hear me clear down the cove.

16. Abort mission, leave server, return, exit game.

17. Launch TrackIR

18. Launch BOS

19. Login, choose mulitiplayer, join server

20. Download files, choose base, choose aircraft

21. Set up fuel and weapons loadout

22. Start mission. 

23. Enjoy MP session.

I may have to check this utility out.

Exactly why I created BoS Launcher  :lol:

Edited by Schmalzfaust

The problem if you start BoS directly is that some people will pass updates, so I used this way. I will look if there is a way do check if an update is available. Can you tell me an official source where to get Opentrack? Do they have an official website?

Unfortunately it's still in development so they don't have an official website, they are however on github at the moment: https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

Although I'm guessing with each update opentrack make it might mess with the program? 

Once again cheers.

Unfortunately it's still in development so they don't have an official website, they are however on github at the moment: https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

Although I'm guessing with each update opentrack make it might mess with the program? 

Once again cheers.

This should work: just replace your "BoS Launcher.exe" with this one. Future releases will include this.

BoS Launcher.zip

Hi all,

I often forget to start TrackIR before BoS, so I wrote a little tool to solve this problem. It has some other cool features and I'm planing to expand the list:

• Starts TrackIR automatically with BoS
  • Stops TrackIR when closing BoS Launcher
  • Integrated Server list with players and their pings (automatic refresh if wanted)
  • Integrated chatlobby

Unfortunately it is not possible to connect directly from the server list because IL-2.exe and Launcher.exe are not accepting parameters (-> IP address).

Also I want to thank @=FB=Vaal for providing the API I'm using for the server list. Here is his web version of the server list.

Requirements:

• .NET 4.5

Changelog:

1.10 (16.11.2014)

• Added IRC based chatlobby
1.20 (18.11.2014)
  • New Icon

Download BoS Launcher here

Thanks a lot  :cool:

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

This should work: just replace your "BoS Launcher.exe" with this one. Future releases will include this.

Nope, unfortunately it is still not detecting the opentrack.exe file in the directory, it is only detecting the TrackIR software incorporated into it :/

Another bug/problem I have encountered is on the server player lists. If the number of people exceeds the list size, you are unable to scroll down to see who else is in it. Hope this helps.

Edited by xenos1234

Nope, unfortunately it is still not detecting the opentrack.exe file in the directory, it is only detecting the TrackIR software incorporated into it :/

Another bug/problem I have encountered is on the server player lists. If the number of people exceeds the list size, you are unable to scroll down to see who else is in it. Hope this helps.

Ahh yeha almost forgot about this bug, I will have a look... thanks :)

I downloaded BoS Launcher again from my 1st post, installed it and replaced the exe. and it works for me, hmmm.

post-16447-0-77917200-1416401468_thumb.png