BlackHellHound1

Great news for Freetrack users! Here is how it works now!

!Freetrack itself no longer works with the game(s)!

You can use opentrack or Facetracknoir as a replacement.

The following steps also work for these programs.

Hello there fellow pilots, 

Today Patch 1.005 came out and with it came an update to allow TrackIR 3 to be used again.

I immediately started testing with Free-track to try and find a way to use it again. 

Finding a fix was easier then I thought. Here is how I fixed it.

Here is what you have to do:

1. Download the new patch, sign in and immediately sign out.
  2. Go to the <game folder>/data/startup.cfg and find the section [KEY = input] and set the paramater as shown: old_trackir = 1 (you can open the .cfg file with Notepad) save the file and close it. 
  3. go into Free-track and go to the "Output" section. make sure all are unchecked except for "TrackIR interface" box. 
  4. Restart both the game and Free-track (just to be sure). 
  5. Now you can play IL-2 BoS again without any workarounds.

Have fun again in IL-2 BoS

Plz tell me if you find any problems. 

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Edited by =[Coffin]=BlackHellHound1
  • Upvote 11

Very nice job man! Thanks a lot for this.

You made my day :)

Nice flying with you btw.

PS: I didn't enter the game, just the launcher (Step 1).

Thanks man. Have fun again with your Free-track.

Well, seems to have worked, BUT, now I cant look down in freetrack.

I am not having any problems with Free-track so I think that it is a problem with your Free-track settings. 

After monkeying with it, I did a restart and now things seem to be back to normal, or I should say bearable . 

Bottom line is , your fix worked just fine.  Thanks!

After monkeying with it, I did a restart and now things seem to be back to normal, or I should say bearable . 

Bottom line is , your fix worked just fine.  Thanks!

I am happy to hear that everything works fine now. 

Have fun flying again.

You are a legend BlackHellHound, thank you. This fix also works with FaceTrackNoIR by the way.

Thanks man 

Good to know this also works for FaceTrackNoIR

Edited by -[Coffin]-BlackHellHound1

Omg man!

You made my day!

I'm so sad google didn't found me this thread earlier!

After hours of searching and using the opentrack, trying to get it working as freetrack and failing. You saved me!

I gonna make some key words here so google find it easier xD

"how to enable/fix freetrack on IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad, Make BoS run with freetrack, simple way to get free track working on BoS"

Thank you a lot for your help!

Omg man!

You made my day!

I'm so sad google didn't found me this thread earlier!

After hours of searching and using the opentrack, trying to get it working as freetrack and failing. You saved me!

I gonna make some key words here so google find it easier xD

"how to enable/fix freetrack on IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad, Make BoS run with freetrack, simple way to get free track working on BoS"

Thank you a lot for your help!

I am happy to hear your search is over and you can use freetrack without problems  :)

Have fun in BoS !

Adding some keywords is a pretty good idea. let me add some as well:

Freetrack BoS Fix

Battle of stalingrad freetrack Fix

Freetrack fix for Il-2 sturmovik

freetrack fix for battle of stalingrad

how to fix freetrack for BoS

IL-2 Battle of stalingrad freetrack fix.

how to get freetrack working for IL-2 battle of stalingrad 

Should be enough now :happy:

BlackHellHound1 

Edited by =[Coffin]=BlackHellHound1

Oh wow =[Coffin]=BlackHellHound1 thank you so much!!

Just downoaded the game twenty minutes ago and hadn't even considered that my facetracknoir might not work. Jumped on the forums, found this immediately and fixed it lickety-split.

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER, MAN!!!

Edited by Filed_Teeth

Hi!

FreeTrack can be used with current 1.201 BoS version and x64 operating systems.

FreeTrack with OpenTrack NPClient64.dll:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/4168-obsuzhdenie-versii-1201-moskva-karta-i-kampaniya-ope/page-4?do=findComment&comment=401266

Try (it's works, but not for all):

1. set old_trackir = 1 in [KEY = input] section of game config (data\startup.cfg)

2. rename or make backup copy of original NPClient.dll in FreeTrack installation folder

3. download OpenTrack package opentrack-2.3-rc21p11.zip . Don't install it.

4. unzip file NPClient64.dll from downloaded archive and rename it to NPClient.dll

5. copy this dll to FreeTrack installation folder

6. start FreeTrack; check FreeTrack Interface Output; and inverse Pitch in your BoS FT-profile

7 start the BoS

If you need play another game with FreeTrack (RoF for example) just copy original NPClient.dll from backup.

Another method:

FreeTrack via OpenTrack

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/4168-obsuzhdenie-versii-1201-moskva-karta-i-kampaniya-ope/page-1?do=findComment&comment=401115

PS sorry for my English

Edited by Utyug
  • Upvote 2

Now, I can't move head right/left/... by key (mapped to joystic hat) in old_trackir=1 config.

Changing old_trackir=0, then I can move head but can't use freetrack.

Please help.

Now, I can't move head right/left/... by key (mapped to joystic hat) in old_trackir=1 config.

Changing old_trackir=0, then I can move head but can't use freetrack.

Please help.

In one of the previous patches the developers upgraded the game from 32 bit to 64 bit. 

Freetrack can only work on 32 bit games since it hasn't been updated for 8 years. I am sorry to say that freetrack does no longer work.

However, all is not lost! There are some other free headtracking programs that work just fine. 

Opentrack or Facetracknoir are the 2 most used programs. I Switched to Opentrack myself. These programs are still being supported and updated.

Setting up these programs for il-2 BoS and BoM should be the same as for FreeTrack.

I hope you can find a new program that will work for your needs!

BlackHellHound1

It still works with the first solution/ workaround.

1. Start Oentrack, select PointTracker 1.1 and as Game protocol FreeTrack 2.0 and run the programm

2. Start BOS and get onto a server or in a mission.

3. Close OpenTrack and start FreeTrack

4. Invert pitch in FreeTrack and run the programm

Works perfect and only takes this few steps, normal routine for me like closing the canopy before start. ;-)

FreeTrack works also without Opentrack. I changed a dll file in FT folder.

howdy pilots

i`d like to know what changes are needed to what dll file. could you please tell me?

been working on this matter for hours now, but cannot get my 3 point model to work smoothly with open track.

seems there is no threshhold or sensitivity control implemented.

opentrack and freetrack running together and running freetrack after closing opentrack as described above just does not work.

~Salute~

Hello. What is the preferred/easiest way to do this "FreeTrack" thing nowdays? I have Win10 64bit, TrackClip PRO and modified PS eye camera. Haven't used them for a while. Is FacetrackNoIR any good?

Hello. What is the preferred/easiest way to do this "FreeTrack" thing nowdays? I have Win10 64bit, TrackClip PRO and modified PS eye camera. Haven't used them for a while. Is FacetrackNoIR any good?

I have switched to Opentrack since the 64bit update. I advice you to do the same.

With Opentrack there is need to change files or do anything else.

As far as i know it works with every Track-IR supported game and it is regularly updated.

Here is a link to the download section on GitHub

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases

I hope this is of help.

BlackHellHound1

I have switched to Opentrack since the 64bit update. I advice you to do the same.

With Opentrack there is need to change files or do anything else.

As far as i know it works with every Track-IR supported game and it is regularly updated.

Here is a link to the download section on GitHub

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases

I hope this is of help.

BlackHellHound1

In one of the previous patches the developers upgraded the game from 32 bit to 64 bit. 

Freetrack can only work on 32 bit games since it hasn't been updated for 8 years. I am sorry to say that freetrack does no longer work.

However, all is not lost! There are some other free headtracking programs that work just fine. 

Opentrack or Facetracknoir are the 2 most used programs. I Switched to Opentrack myself. These programs are still being supported and updated.

Setting up these programs for il-2 BoS and BoM should be the same as for FreeTrack.

I hope you can find a new program that will work for your needs!

BlackHellHound1

bad pointles advice. 1st Open track id worse then FaceTrack No IR., in fact it is so bad that it can't understand what is a phantom point and what is not. Even with the the same tracker (point tracker 1.1) as FaceTrack, it still does have huge problems in tracking the right points, problems that FaceTrack does not have, 2nd it is still on 32bit so if you have problems with 32 software it will not solve anything 3rd FaceTrack No IR and openTrack are not working with BoS. For reasons that we can only speculate, developers don't want non-TrackIR users (and they do everything in ther power to limit any free-track solutions); they do want sim players with Track IR and casual mouse only players. Mid range market share is not appealing to 1C

bad pointles advice. 1st Open track id worse then FaceTrack No IR., in fact it is so bad that it can't understand what is a phantom point and what is not. Even with the the same tracker (point tracker 1.1) as FaceTrack, it still does have huge problems in tracking the right points, problems that FaceTrack does not have, 2nd it is still on 32bit so if you have problems with 32 software it will not solve anything 3rd FaceTrack No IR and openTrack are not working with BoS. For reasons that we can only speculate, developers don't want non-TrackIR users (and they do everything in ther power to limit any free-track solutions); they do want sim players with Track IR and casual mouse only players. Mid range market share is not appealing to 1C

Huh? I have been using opentrack for quite a while now. With a PS3 eye cam and homemade 3 pt IR clip. Performance is excellent in BOS/BOM, and in DCS world.

I dont know what you are talking about either!?!

I have used Opentrack for a while now with a PS3 Eye and a home made Track-Clip.

I find it very easy to use. All options and settings are easily located and are easy to adjust. I have never had issues with tracking the wrong points.

Also, Opentrack has full 32-bit and full 64-bit support for windows and linux. 

Lastly, Opentrack works with any program that supports Track-IR. I use it for Arma 3, BoS/BoM, Rise of Flight, DCS, Flight simulator X, War Thunder and Euro Truck Simulator 2.

I have never had any issues with Opentrack what so ever. In fact, I have experienced less issues since i switched to Opentrack!

Assuming that Devs dont want people without Track-IR is pure ignorance. The devs are well aware that a large part of the sim community (if not most) use different head tracking software.

Because of this these different head-tracking software's are supported by pretty much all head-tracking enabled games. 

On top of that, If they really do everything in their power to limit free-track solutions then why did they pin this post instead of deleting it right away?

What you are saying makes no sense what so ever.

BlackHellHound1

I dont know what you are talking about either!?!

I have used Opentrack for a while now with a PS3 Eye and a home made Track-Clip.

I find it very easy to use. All options and settings are easily located and are easy to adjust. I have never had issues with tracking the wrong points.

Also, Opentrack has full 32-bit and full 64-bit support for windows and linux. 

Lastly, Opentrack works with any program that supports Track-IR. I use it for Arma 3, BoS/BoM, Rise of Flight, DCS, Flight simulator X, War Thunder and Euro Truck Simulator 2.

I have never had any issues with Opentrack what so ever. In fact, I have experienced less issues since i switched to Opentrack!

Assuming that Devs dont want people without Track-IR is pure ignorance. The devs are well aware that a large part of the sim community (if not most) use different head tracking software.

Because of this these different head-tracking software's are supported by pretty much all head-tracking enabled games. 

On top of that, If they really do everything in their power to limit free-track solutions then why did they pin this post instead of deleting it right away?

What you are saying makes no sense what so ever.

BlackHellHound1

I have Free track, Face Track No IR (with point track) and Open track for better or worse I manage to make all 3 work in DCS ETS2, ArmA3, IL2-CoD, RoF and WT. Since BoS it is the ONLY GAME that will not register any move at all from any of tracking solutions (so clearly the issue is on BoS's side), regardless of that 0/1 settings, since again I asked for help on steam forum for this problem when I first got it and the post was deleted, since no one from 1C ever wanted to offer assistance with this issue, since developers clearly told me to refund the game when I mentioned this in my steam review and never offering any help, there is only one thing that I can "assume".  And just the same i can tell about you being ignorant on matters that I can prove but name calling with fanboys is beside the topic so i will stop following this thread. Feel free to carry on with the name calling me or anyone who had a different experience then you had.

Edited by Cotoi
  • Upvote 1

OpenTrack is great software working better that i would imagine, i'm using it for years with ROF ,BOS and COD without any problems!!!

OpenTrack is great software working better that i would imagine, i'm using it for years with ROF ,BOS and COD without any problems!!!

~S

+1

Hey guys i just got my delanclip and have set it up with Factracknoir, it all works fine in rise of flight.
But in battle of stalingrad it wont work. I set old_trackir = 1 and selected to "use Trackir hide Freetrack" in the options of Facetracknoir.
Can anyone tell me what im missing?

Hey Bombenleger,

This is a very old topic and Freetrack has become mostly obsolete.

The game has been updated to an x64 architecture and freetrack does not work well with that.

You would be best off switching to Opentrack. It does the same but unlike freetrack it is still being updated frequently.

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 1

thanks for the quick response hellhound, i just installed opentrack but it doesnt work with il2 bos either :/
i use point racker 1.1 as input and freetrack 2.0 as output again i set it up to use trackir and hide freetrack.

thanks for the quick response hellhound, i just installed opentrack but it doesnt work with il2 bos either :/

i use point racker 1.1 as input and freetrack 2.0 as output again i set it up to use trackir and hide freetrack.

Go back to your files and set old_trackir = 1 back to 0

in opentrack set the protocol as freetrack 2.0 Enhanced and set the Select Interface to Enable both

It should work then. 

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 1

Hello chaps,

It's been a metric age since I slipped into to my trusty Russian fighter plane and took off into the clear skies, somewhere, on a very very large map. with large clouds of smoke and whizzing enemies...

but my "used to work fine" freetrack setup no longer works.

So yes, I would really like some help from anyone who has FREE TRACK up and running.

(Sorry but I am pretty set on FT working for me. Yes I know it's old. and not developed etc.)

any help would be great.

:)

Salute!

Plank.

Edited by plank