Sign in to follow this  
I/JG27_Nemesis

Severe drop in FPS Performance after new update

Hi pilots,

I experience a severe performance loss after the update on my GTX 680.

Before, I could fly smoothly in "High" Settings 1920x1080 without any problems, now I have stutter in the game even though "Fraps" shows 50-60 FPS - strange.

Maybe it's got anything to do with TrackIR software update? But I think it shouldnt...

Does anyone else have this experience?

Edited by I/JG27_Nemesis

do you have any FPS locking frame rates? if so turn them off. the new drivers screwed something up on those

and yes it maybe the Trackir what version software you using?

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

View smoothing (in the BoS camera menu) is reset after the update, so if you use a FFB device that could be the cause.

Edited by yeikov

I have Track IR Version 5.2 installed.

View Smoothing is disabled, and FPS limiter also.

somehow after a couple of restarts the issue disappeared, I don't know why however....

I came back to BoS after an extended break.  Reinstalled Windows and all my favs, including BoS.  I must say I was shocked at the poor performance using LOW settings.  The micro stutters on a 1 sec cycle made the game truly unplayable.  Granted, I am playing on a Mac with a mobile GPU, but it did fairly well with BoS during the beta phase at BALANCED.

A post-script to the above.  Although my setup does struggle with BoS, it's not terrible.  The problem came from using the mission Takeoff and Landing, Calm.  The premade missions kill my performance.  The Quick Missions work out much better.