Sign in to follow this  
gx007

Please, Can I Turn Off Interface Sound - Arc Welder

Those would be the obvious and quite unimaginative choices, but they are decidedly apolitical soldiers songs both, so perhaps those would be the best choices.

Besides both are awesome tunes in their own right. I especially love the up-tempo energetic versions of Katyusha.

Great Version!

Think twice, better leave the actual wind and welder sound than use some of proposed musics.   :lol:

There's a ten hour long version of Girls und Panzers singing the Katyusha song on youtube.

Just saying....

It could've probably been worse..(I don't know since I'm more stubborn then Loft) it could've been the intro song for the old crappy F-16 'sim' 'Back to Baghdad' :blink:
Can't find the song.. and the dvd is long gone.. but it were some .. 'going Back to Baghdad to kick some ass..' awful track that played. I laughed the first 2 times.. then uninstalled it, since the 'sim' were horrible.. and the song just made me want to bomb the developers.

If anyone finds the song.. pm me :biggrin:

Honestly I have to agree with the consensus here and earnestly believe this will be corrected soon. As for what to have in it's place with so many different ideas, I believe, like RoF, it should be subdued in the back ground and certainly not in our faces. But I also believe this was just a "woopsey" and not intended by anyone.

On a different note, pardon the pun, has anyone noticed that the sound of the wind while in the cockpit on the ground is the same with or without the canopy shut or open? Or is this just my old ears? I'm no audiophile but still it seems like with the canopy closed it was subdued before. Not a game changer certainly but just a possible observation.

Chief

Edited by -NW-ChiefRedCloud

There's a ten hour long version of Girls und Panzers singing the Katyusha song on youtube.

Just saying....

I wondered how long it would be before Girls und Panzers made into the BoS website :)

Have to admire the Japanese for their imaginative creativity and complete lack of embarrassment.

I've never actually gathered the courage to watch a full episode of Girls Und Panzer. I fear I won't ever be able to stretch out my toes again.

I keep expecting IRON MAN to walk through, complete with the AC/DC classic of the same name playing in the back ground.

I've never actually gathered the courage to watch a full episode of Girls Und Panzer. I fear I won't ever be able to stretch out my toes again.

I've not seen an episode either. I'd only heard references to it until last night when I started searching YT for Russian marches. The version of the Katyusha song was probably the most melodic rendition I heard though, or perhaps it's just that I get exposed to so much korean and jpop.

Neither have I, but even having seen some of the pictures inspired by it I now cannot look at a panzer without smiling.

Just in case some readers do not know what we are talking about:

post-15424-0-40001300-1415777568_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

The very idea of adolescent schoolgirls in mini skirts battling it out in gladiatorial matches in WW2 tanks on top of the decks of gigantic aircraft carriers sounds like some nerdy writer with self-diagnosed Aspergers living out the dreams of his puberty.

The very idea of adolescent schoolgirls in mini skirts battling it out in gladiatorial matches in WW2 tanks on top of the decks of gigantic aircraft carriers sounds like some nerdy writer with self-diagnosed Aspergers living out the dreams of his puberty.

Indeed it does and good for him, since he is clearly unfazed by the barbs of censorious puritans.

BTW you need to be careful about the "A" word, otherwise you will get a PM from a moderator. Or perhaps not.

BTW you need to be careful about the "A" word, otherwise you will get a PM from a moderator. Or perhaps not.

Oh I'm absolutely not trying to ridicule or diminish people with actual Aspergers Syndrome. I'm using the term 'self-diagnosed Aspergers' as an image of the stereotypical reclusive, socially awkward nerd.

Edited by Finkeren

Oh I'm absolutely not trying to ridicule or diminish people with actual Aspergers Syndrome. I'm using the term 'self-diagnosed Aspergers' as an image of the stereotypical reclusive, socially awkward nerd.

So does that mean that you are trying to ridicule or diminish stereotypically reclusive, socially awkward nerds?

The very idea of watching drawings of adolescent schoolgirls, doing anything, makes me deeply suspicious of the artist and the viewers - I wouldn't let my daughters near either of them.

I think you might be surprised at how many of the consumers of this kind of thing are in fact adolescent schoolgirls. They want to look like the heroines, and they find the tanks and stuff empowering, even if few of them would actually dream of dirtying their hands on an actual machine.

So does that mean that you are trying to ridicule or diminish stereotypically reclusive, socially awkward nerds?.

Sure. But I'm allowed to, since I was at one point one myself ;)

Sure. But I'm allowed to, since I was at one point one myself ;)

Hard to believe that anyone as articulate and balanced as yourself ever met that description.

Hard to believe that anyone as articulate and balanced as yourself ever met that description.

Why, thank you :)

I snapped out of my reclusiveness fairly early in my teens. Though I think I only really escaped the 'nerd' image as a young adult. Still haven't been able to escape the image of 'annoying know-it-all' :P

Is it possible to stop the off-topic, please?

• Upvote 1

I ending liking that sound, will be better if add some more workshop sound, like hammering metal, etc. :)

I don't mind the sounds of the welding or distant flak guns at all. It is much better than dead silence or that cheasy German music in 1946.

The welding was cool for the first 8 or 10 hours... then we started to wonder if he ever took a break to get a cup of coffee or use the head.

To remove welding sounds

Untick Interface sounds then restart game did it for me

Probably my fault... I asked for this feature and by and large they implemented what I was hoping for. Except the arc welding sounds a lot more annoying than it sounded in my head. Maybe a toned down version would be a better feel. I love the background sounds of artillery and aircraft... that stuff is super atmospheric and pretty much perfect.

I think the whole relentless welding thing is not a very good idea anyway. Both visually and audibly.

Just how much welding did these aluminium and fabric aircraft receive anyway? Precious little in real life I'd imagine. The animation might be great in World of Tanks, but it's really doesn't have a place here.

i think the truth behind the welder is not the sound - but a way to show light, lighting, reflections, bumpmaps and the likes.
i find it rather eerie and creepy without any men or other planes, plane parts and the likes.

It is just someone with nothing better to do showing off - a clear sign of make work. I started to worry about this sim when we had the development diary video that spent about 15 minutes showing how the tank headlights shone through the camo netting.....

Now in the last updates we get a command menu that is the same as the hot keys we have always had, which is of very limited use since the AI does not see fit to obey our commands anyway.

never used the commands, i have the most important ones mapped anyway "get over here! shoot the 109s! Bomb the Panzy tanks! go home!"

No- that is a bit wrong i think. showing off in the menues is important to impress a bunch of people - not me grant you.
It's not make work, or do something to waste time.
the welder sound was probably just a spawn off the coments: "why no menu musik- iz de sound worlkingk?!" in which case it was good listening to such comments. I mean every game or sim has some form of GUI music, right?

OR it was already there but broken.
in which case it is a fix
and a fix ... is not really make work, is it.

Why on earth don't we have commands that mirror the old IL2 commands?

The ones we have are very limited... ie very similar to RoF (why am I not surprised)

We need more command options.

1. The ability to contact 'all' flights.

2. Wingman commands.

3. The ability to nominate individual targets (ground and air)

4. The ability to contact ground control for:

a) request bearing for home base.

b) request permission to land.

c) declare emergency for landing.

... to name just a few.

I live in hope. :)

yea, Tab+4+8 was usefull and possible to memorize
but back then i had 16 planes to manage.
that would be half a server today! :D LOLZ

I too was scared by welding sound. My old HDD used to make similar sound before dying

Do not want

And anyway, how much welding is involved on airplanes made of aluminium and wood?

Edited by BTEAM_Shifty_

Disable

Head into your 1946 BOS folder

Data folder

Look for startup config file,open with notepad

Key = sound

Interface = 1...0 to disable all sound

only purchased today gents,so hope it helps some.

welcome!

here have an ebola proptection suit... you'r gonna need it in this acid atmosphere :-P (dark humor)

Head into your 1946 BOS folder

Err.. you meant your C:\"where you put it"\1C Game Studios folder.  :biggrin:

And does it disable all sound or only the gui sounds?(wielding and stuff)

Oh and where is my manners? Welcome to the forums!

Edited by Blackwolf