Zak

Game version 1.004 discussion

The problem with the V5 software is, that it only supports the TrackIR3 with VE. I guess you also had the 3? Don't know why NP made such a stupid decision. The tracking would also work without the VE, just as in V4 .

I have TrackIR V5 and latest drivers and it does work. But now I am having new issues I never had before.

The game will systematically fail to shutdown at exit. When I exit the game I get a windows message saying that he has not been able to exit properly the game and that he is looking for a solution.

Windows 8.1 (up to date) - Nvidia Titan Black with latest drivers.

I am not so happy now. The game should go with improvements and not backwards.

When I look the full updated game list of the TrackIR  software, I see an incredible list of all the games of the past 20 years at least but nowhere IL2 BOS.

I see Il2 Pacific Fighters, Ace, Forgotten Battles, and I do see Rise of Flight too. So ours is still missing.

But we can create our own adapted profile anyway.

Edited by IckyATLAS

Did a quick test and Opentrack works just fine.

Couple of bugs, had some russian text in mission with english version. And interface sounds played on backround in campaign mission.

OpenTrack is working? thanks a million! Anyway i suggest users of obsolete (last update in 2008) and full of bugs freetrack to switch to OpenTrack - it is great piece of software!  

ps. i have all setup for BOS and ROF - PM -me and i will send you configuration file.

regards

Hey guys anyone notice that everything inside the plane including the instrument panel seems to shake a whole lot more during flight, no metter the speed.

Knock off the arguing over TrackIR. Even though there is a very valid legal issue that pertains to using TrackIR files and NP property for alternative free solutions we as a team have done nothing to purposely block these free options in BOS or ROF. That is NPs problem. My comments about not going out of our way to support free devices for ROF still stands. What Loft decides to do with BOS is his call.

Don't try to use my past comments as proof of some kind of conspiracy. There is none. Any further posts claiming that or trying to prove that will be deleted. So consider this asked and answered.

Jason

• Upvote 5

Hey guys anyone notice that everything inside the plane including the instrument panel seems to shake a whole lot more during flight, no metter the speed.

Could it be that you had 'head shake' turned off in your options but this update has turned it on again? Apologies if you've already checked that.

do you also feel like sweating? cold hands? blurry vision?.....I feel it when I have a 109 on my tail....they call it fear....welcome to Bos !!!! :))) (just kidding, it may be the crossed wind, or adjustments in the auto prop pitch in relation with the throttle...)

• Upvote 1

What this  game aint meant to be played on mouse and keeyboord ??? :rolleyes:

Thx Jason for the reminder of what freetrack/opentrack are.

I'm a long time user of linux. But Gnu has some limits. Create code yes, adapt code why not.

Not sharing code just isnt  on Gnu/ linux bases

Freetrack should share so it is adapted to BOS.

I dont use it, I dont give a fuck, but seeing programs  that claim to be on Gnu licence without sharing the code ??

Knock off the arguing over TrackIR. Even though there is a very valid legal issue that pertains to using TrackIR files and NP property for alternative free solutions we as a team have done nothing to purposely block these free options in BOS or ROF. That is NPs problem. My comments about not going out of our way to support free devices for ROF still stands. What Loft decides to do with BOS is his call.

Don't try to use my past comments as proof of some kind of conspiracy. There is none. Any further posts claiming that or trying to prove that will be deleted. So consider this asked and answered.

Jason

You may be relieved to read that this post is not about 'facetracknoir',

I have a different problem.

SweetFx has stopped working! after this update.

So now I have SweetF/A!!

Anyone else?

Edited by Thor

I think it has always been known that you use SweetFX at your own risk. It really has nothing to do with the BoS devs.

Thanks for this but I've got a different problem.

I've got TrackIR 5.1.300 installed and can't install 5.2 because even though the installer starts it has a greyed out 'next' button to proceed with the installation. I've tried everything, including deleting all the files in appdata/temp, restarting, registry cleans, running the msi directly, running the installer as administrator and not as administrator etc etc. There's no sensible reason for it at all!

Happily 5.1 is running fine with this release of BOS so I'm good to go but come the day that I NEED 5.2 then I'm in big trouble.

Dont laugh but have you called NP for technical help? I had to call them with my DCS issue and the tech I got was fantastic.

Could it be that you had 'head shake' turned off in your options but this update has turned it on again? Apologies if you've already checked that.

Yes that is exactly what happend...well thx a lot

You may be relieved to read that this post is not about 'facetracknoir',

I have a different problem.

SweetFx has stopped working! after this update.

So now I have SweetF/A!!

Anyone else?

SweetFX working here Thor.  The update switched AA back on in the game settings.  Have you checked if its on or off?

Please devs, revert the changes on the head tracking stuff, it's broken for everybody but trackIR 5 users

plus i can't afford a track ir 5 it's way too expensive in south america, and freetrack works perfectly before 1.004.

please don't do us this. 

Free alternative to Freetrack here, take a look, works better than Freetrack, but youll need this version in order to be able to pitch your view up over 90 degrees.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12772-opentrack-22a2-file-allows-90degree-pitch-view/

this is an alternative to freetrack/trackir that is free and actively beign developed. cheers!

Is there a way to use custom profile w/o putting on exclusive? I can't see BOS in tr5 list.

BoS doesn't show up on the list of games at this point, but I found something that might help you.  When I unticked "exclusive" and fired up BoS, I found that it was using the Default profile.  So, I made a copy of the default profile, exited the TIR software, went in to Windows explorer and renamed my custom BoS profile as "Default".

Then I restarted TIR, started BoS, and sure enough, BoS was using my custom (renamed) BoS template.

So, unless you have some other programs that also have this problem and have to use the default profile, you should be able to use this workaround to play BoS with your BoS profile (renamed to "Default") and the other programs can still use their own profiles, and you won't have to tick the "exclusive" box.

Thanks for the info Mastiff!! I wanted to fly for the past hour but couldn't due to the TrackIR mess. Neither version of the V4 software recognized the game. That wouldn't be a problem perse, as updating to V5 helps but thanks to the wisdom of NP, V5 only supports the TrackIR3 in combination with the VE. WTF????? The software refused to work with the stock TrackIR3 on purpose for the reason, that you buy the VE. That's a real bummer :/

Yes, that's about it. New NP software only works with the 6DOF. I had to find my Vector upgrade activation codes to reactivate, but my TIR 3 works fine now. Still some tweaking to do, but a $25 upgrade sure beats the heck out of $125 for a whole new unit. I think you would be pleased with the vector feature, so you might as well pay the upgrade.......

Thanks for the driver update suggestions to those who made them.

Edited by Jaegermeister

Gracias ,,, 

mi trakIR  funciona perfectamente con otros simuladores

no entiendo porque molestan  a los usuarios con estos cambios y hacer perder mucho tiempo , no soy el unico que esta en esta situacion 

abandono este juego, ¡¡¡¡ :angry:

Thank you,,,
  My trakIR works perfectly with other simulators
  do not understand why bother users with these changes and lose a lot of time, I am not the only one who is in this situation
I leave this game,¡¡¡¡ :angry:
Edited by 15[Span]/Afdn

Gracias ,,, 

mi trakIR  funciona perfectamente con otros simuladores

no entiendo porque molestan  a los usuarios con estos cambios y hacer perder mucho tiempo , no soy el unico que esta en esta situacion 

abandono este juego, ¡¡¡¡

Thank you,,,
  My trakIR works perfectly with other simulators
  do not understand why bother users with these changes and lose a lot of time, I am not the only one who is in this situation
I leave this game,¡¡¡¡

wether you choose to stay or leave the game its entirely up to you, but  at least consider that you already piad 50 to 90+ dollars for it and that it is actievely beign developed and improved upon.

some problems arose with this new update, but its nothing that wont get sorted out in due time by the developers.

hope you change your mind about leaving though.

myself and others have posted temporary fixes so that players that are having trouble find a way around them. for now, try them or come back in a few days when maybe these issues have been sorted out.

other than that, i personally hope you stay as the devs need all the support from the community in order to keep their spirit, business and the game itself afloat.

@ Mastiff. When i get the VE for my trackir3, i also have to wear the darn hat all the time heh? I hate wearing a hat all the time while playing. I guess the trackir4 does only work with the clip as well?

@ Mastiff. When i get the VE for my trackir3, i also have to wear the darn hat all the time heh? I hate wearing a hat all the time while playing. I guess the trackir4 does only work with the clip as well?

you can use a led clip if you make one. it will work with that, I have my pro version with the led and its clipped on my head-set turtle beach ear force 7's

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

OK, I updated the game last night, and updated the TrackIR software too before launch as well as the game list.

- TrackIR 4 works just fine with the latest 5.2 something software

- I didn't have to do anything with my controls. They weren't reset.

- The ambient audio is not a bad idea, I like it, but the arc welder gets annoying really quick.

- Still no CTD-s (knock on wood)

- The radio commands are nice, but I would put the menu in the top left corner

- I was secretly expecting an update on the radio chatter too. It's still quite basic, and it's an immersion killer to see myself fire a flare through the closed canopy of a 109.

• Upvote 1

I think BoS developer has to return money for the FreeTrack users who want it after all that. 

Edited by Kudlius

@ IckyATLAS: I meant Lensman :) I guess he also had the TrackIR3 unit

I have the latest V5 and the 5.2.200 drivers. I have no issue with it it works well. The only thing is that in the game list I see nowhere BOS.

My issue is that I have now game crash at game exit systematically. And this I did not have before. I think I will now pause a little on this game, and come back maybe with version 2.0 or when things will have really stabilized and the game will have been debugged, and enriched in terms of missions, scenarios etc.. and also with a good FMB.

After all if I look at COD I did the same. When it started some years ago it was just crap, but I kept an eye on it by doing regular checks every four five months and this year I reinstalled it and sure it is a pleasure to play now. So waiting a year or so for BOS is not an issue. I can be very patient.

Track IR 5 user here and the game works great !

Thank god for removing the watermark because that irritated me.

So whats next? Will we see ant JU soon?

...My issue is that I have now game crash at game exit systematically...

Uninstall your game and install BoS again. Probably your files are corrupted.

SweetFX working here Thor.  The update switched AA back on in the game settings.  Have you checked if its on or off?

Thanx arthur,missed that one!

Thor

After some research I found next information that i wanted to share

"FreeTrack is a general purpose optical motion tracking application, released under the GNU General Public License (and is not a unlicensed piece of software  as Zak said). FreeTrack is compatible with the unencrypted version of NaturalPoint's head tracking TrackIR interface that has widespread support in simulation games"  conclusion is that Dev's knew on forehand that the new version of the NP API would make FreeTrack unusable. In the IT world you can't make an upadte of the software without knowing what it does (still angry that i got fooled). 

The same problem has also occured in another sim game, DCS: Black Shark. When the Dev's from that team tried to implement a "HeadTracker" they where asked politely by NP to cancel the development (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33510).

At the moment in the world there are only two games that officially support's Freetrack interface: 

There is a very little hope that the BoS can be the 3rd game who will support FreeTrack on the other hand NaturalPoint kills any hope... 

I would not be dissapointed in the Bos Team if they would clearly communicate from the beginning that they plan a close partnership with NP and it will be the only officially supported head tracking device. 

• Upvote 4

Great update.

I'm loving the extra La-5 controls and the command interface looks good seems to work a treat. I'm having no problems at all with my Trac IR and didn't need to reset my controls either. The game itself is running smoother than ever with no CTD so far. All in all...............fantastic.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Looking very forward to trying the new update, thank you team your tallents are appreciated :)

Yep game runs fine for me. Track IR works a treat didn't do anything to it, just worked straight off the bat (still using Requims profile from RoF, thanks bro) no issues.

I like the welding noise its not to irritating to me ( i work in heavy industry so its background noise for me) and is a reminder that my sound works. Would be nice if instead of the welder I could hear a radio playing a popular music from the period say "Erika" for when you have a german aircraft selected in the hanger or "katyusha" for the russians, both great upbeat songs with no reference to politics.

Great job Dev's, loving the Sh*t out of this game.

Edited by Tyberan
  • Upvote 1

Since the last update my rotary buttons on the throttle stick dont function anymore, saitek Rhino x 55. has any of you got the same issue?

After some research I found next information that i wanted to share

"FreeTrack is a general purpose optical motion tracking application, released under the GNU General Public License (and is not a unlicensed piece of software  as Zak said). FreeTrack is compatible with the unencrypted version of NaturalPoint's head tracking TrackIR interface that has widespread support in simulation games"  conclusion is that Dev's knew on forehand that the new version of the NP API would make FreeTrack unusable. In the IT world you can't make an upadte of the software without knowing what it does (still angry that i got fooled). 

The same problem has also occured in another sim game, DCS: Black Shark. When the Dev's from that team tried to implement a "HeadTracker" they where asked politely by NP to cancel the development (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33510).

At the moment in the world there are only two games that officially support's Freetrack interface: 

There is a very little hope that the BoS can be the 3rd game who will support FreeTrack on the other hand NaturalPoint kills any hope... 

I would not be dissapointed in the Bos Team if they would clearly communicate from the beginning that they plan a close partnership with NP and it will be the only officially supported head tracking device. 

i understand, but i think They said thet it's impossible to provide  "official support" for Freetrack because they do not know the people that are  developping "freetrack"

so ... who to work with? who to collaborate, test, sign on with? If you find answers to that, please come forth and tell us, because the team knows that Freetrack is a popular alternative, and they would like to include it.

• Upvote 1