Sign in to follow this  
Bearcat

Review of BoS on WT Game Hub Blog by Heinkill

OK... I'm not really that active with Il-2 anymore...

But can anyone point me in the direction of a better WW2 airsim?

I see that has been discussed, so I thought why not increase my horizons a bit further.

I don't think there is one. BoS is sparse at the moment.. but it will improve.. At the moment it is the only dedicated WWII sim that is still getting full developer support.. which IMO makes it the best dedicated post IL2 WWII on the market. The other options for me are DCS, CoD and IL2..

I enjoyed the review .... it's my honest opinion that if you care about flight dimming then you want all that contribute to it, i.e. developers, to succeed. I find most all of them fascinating each in their own way. And I have my likes and dislikes within each one. Often it isn't even the product but my ineptness at coming to grips with it. But when a problem is in reality a problem, then I earnestly feel the devs need to simply acknowledge the problem to stem the tides of those concerned. Lack of communication by developers is not an answer.

Chief

Edited by -NW-ChiefRedCloud

I don't think there is one. BoS is sparse at the moment.. but it will improve.. At the moment it is the only dedicated WWII sim that is still getting full developer support.. which IMO makes it the best dedicated post IL2 WWII on the market. The other options for me are DCS, CoD and IL2..

IMO neither of them is not good as BoS. DCS have excellent made aircrafts - but give them the game without another plan. For example fight with Dora against Mustang over the Crimea when AAA are Shilkas etc. CoD is good only with a patch of TF otherwise it is big failure and old IL2 - although still good, but he is simply old.

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

With the above titles mentioned,i find it disconcerting among many pro simmers not to mention that little known gem,Battle of Britain 2 Wings Of Victory.

While not having the creme dela creme with regards to post modern graphic engines,The coded AI flight mechanics have yet to be beaten by any flight sim thus released and will still give seasoned vets a run for their money.

Yes, no one has done better AI routines than Buddye of the BDG for BoBII, ever.

But the game is past its use-by date now as far as GFX, FM and DM goes.

Here is the good news. Ssssssshhhhhh....

A2A, the guys who did BoBII and who do Accusim aircraft for MSFS, are going shortly to announce a new combat flight sim project!

You read it here first!

H

• Upvote 4

A2A, the guys who did BoBII and who do Accusim aircraft for MSFS, are going shortly to announce a new combat flight sim project!

You read it here first!

All right, now we're talking!!

:dance:

Yes, no one has done better AI routines than Buddye of the BDG for BoBII, ever.

But the game is past its use-by date now as far as GFX, FM and DM goes.

You read it here first!

H

OH YES! PRAISE MARDUK!

Best news I've heard since BoS left paid alfa testing.