Sign in to follow this  
Trooper117

Trim wheels... for god's sake!

Is there any official word on the ability to map in game 'trim wheels' to our trim rotaries on our very expensive flight control systems?

This is a just released game... surely the dev's have discussed this or are at least 'thinking' about adding that function to the game.

This is why we buy these expensive systems, so as to have a realistic way of playing our 'make believe' world of flying in a meaningful and historical way... pretty please you dev's :)

• Upvote 4

Is there any official word on the ability to map in game 'trim wheels' to our trim rotaries on our very expensive flight control systems?

This is a just released game... surely the dev's have discussed this or are at least 'thinking' about adding that function to the game.

This is why we buy these expensive systems, so as to have a realistic way of playing our 'make believe' world of flying in a meaningful and historical way... pretty please you dev's :)

pfff trims, after years of flying in ROF who needs trims. My hand is permanently pushed forward :)

• Upvote 6

Alternative (maybe the only): Get a BU0836 USB card or similar, some rotary encoders, knobs = trim on "wheels". :)

Using saitek? By using the saitek software, no probs to assign buttons (like trim up and down) to rotary axis. I have the x55 and have programmed the pinky rotary on the throttle to pitch trim

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk

pfff trims, after years of flying in ROF who needs trims. My hand is permanently pushed forward :)

So you don't fly the SE5a or the Sopwith Triplane then.

I own a Thrustmaster Warthog and I just started to play my founders package. I too was a little disappointed but here is the deal that others pointed out to me.

First this game has 2 different controls to handle the pitch Axis. I had to use my wheel on the Stabilizer Control for it to affect the pitch control in the 109. One thing to remember is that not all aircraft have trim controls for every axis.

I then mapped to my hats the other trim controls and it seems to be working. Also it changes if you're in Expert Mode for some reason.

I hope that helps

But in RoF you could configure the planes individually, so they kept straight and level at your preferred speed :P

No, SE5a is ugly as hell and Strip is boring :P 

OK, sometimes i fly SE5a with the trim

Some aircraft do have trim controls for all three axis (Lagg 3 for instance)... it even has nice trim wheels for them in the cockpit.

But I can't map them to my trim wheels on my G940... how strange and bloody frustrating :)

I can use various other controls on my joystick or throttle to control trim, no problem, but not the controls that were designed to actually make it more lifelike, simply can't be mapped! Sigh...

Trooper117 you already try one these G-940 rotaries to trim BF 109 Stabilizer adjust?

Or even for LaGG elevator trim - will work only in one way.

I think that you will find use axis for trim very senstitive and more practical with keys/HAT.

I programmed my Warthog with a script, to use Hat1 for trim, rather than using the in game trim. Did this before trim was even implemented for the Russian planes.

I have pitch and yaw trim assigned to Hat1, using paddle switch as modifier with a hold command. Individual presses I have set to move in 10 degree increments, or a hold which moves until I release.

I also added a CH Quadrant to my Warthog setup, to give me extra sliders, so yes it would be nice if they added this ability in the sim.

Edited by dburnette

Agreed this is standard in every flight sim out there, I have all my trimmers set to my rotory wheels in every time I play...except this one..give us that option please.

Yes we need options.  Options is what people love.  They hate restrictions.  Such a simple concept. 

Is there a way to make the trim less sensitive?  I have it mapped to my hat and I find it difficult to adjust only a few degrees 

ah but built in historical trim is nothing like response curves.