Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Stubing

No trim on Axis... No Trim in Expert Mode and No Map in Expert mode either

lol no trim ???? why no trim in expert mode ??? if this is an important piece in a plane and an actual variable pilot would have to manipulate in light... you crazy... no trim... lol

I have Trim and a map, the O key. Now not all planes have all three axis trim so what one were you in?

Edited by Blackwolf

Elevator Trim in the 109 which is should have. I also have them mapped to my Thrustmaster Warthog. They work fine in Normal Mode and don't work at all in Expert. I must be missing something.

You are correct the O key works but that is strange because the map function is a full map instead of a small one in your hud but they DO exactly the same thing including GPS mode. I just need a map that's it. hehe

Edited by 14./JG5CaptStubing

Elevator Trim in the 109 which is should have. I also have them mapped to my Thrustmaster Warthog. They work fine in Normal Mode and don't work at all in Expert. I must be missing something.

You are correct the O key works but that is strange because the map function is a full map instead of a small one in your hud but they DO exactly the same thing including GPS mode. I just need a map that's it. hehe

Stubing, the 109 never had elevator trim only ground set trim Tabs for cruise, 1CGAMES Devs, have made it true to this flight sim, however the 109 did have stabilizer trim which is in your plane controls column, you can use your rotary wheel for that trim.

Expert mod is just that only things you should see on your HUD is a compass. you can use the "H" key to turn off all HUD information. "I" key turns off engine information.

Some Russian planes have some trim of sorts, yak1 has only elevator, lag has all axis, ju87D has rudder and elevator, IL2 has elevator, HE111 has all axis, 190 has elevator and rudder, if I missed something, I'm sure one of the history purist will be by.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

Stubing, the 109 never had elevator trim only ground set trim Tabs for cruise, 1CGAMES Devs, have made it true to this flight sim, however the 109 did have stabilizer trim which is in your plane controls column, you can use your rotary wheel for that trim.

Expert mod is just that only things you should see on your HUD is a compass. you can use the "H" key to turn off all HUD information. "I" key turns off engine information.

Some Russian planes have some trim of sorts, yak1 has only elevator, lag has all axis, ju87D has rudder and elevator, IL2 has elevator, HE111 has all axis, 190 has elevator and rudder, if I missed something, I'm sure one of the history purist will be by.

I thought that was only true for Ailerons in the 109. So what is Stabilizer Trim? Does it control the Pitch Axis? I will play with it and see what happens.

Okay got my wheel assigned to the Stabilizer but it's a bit confusing because it suggested left and right as well as there are 2 other Stabilize Up and Down settings. Regardless it seems to be working

Edited by 14./JG5CaptStubing

Good that it works as intended.

Maybe next thread you get to write a more complete explanation and inquiry :) 

S!

I thought that was only true for Ailerons in the 109. So what is Stabilizer Trim? Does it control the Pitch Axis? I will play with it and see what happens.

Okay got my wheel assigned to the Stabilizer but it's a bit confusing because it suggested left and right as well as there are 2 other Stabilize Up and Down settings. Regardless it seems to be working

the other one is for the FW190 which had push button elevator trim. yes you can not use rotary on that one it has to be a button key.

by the way in CLOD 109 has the same for its stabilizer.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

the other one is for the FW190 which had push button elevator trim. yes you can not use rotary on that one it has to be a button key.

by the way in CLOD 109 has the same for its stabilizer.

I mapped it once and didn't have 2 controls in CLOD hence the confusion on my part.

Just map elevator trim and stabiliser to the same controls, there shouldn't be conflicts as no plane uses both at once.

Just map elevator trim and stabiliser to the same controls, there shouldn't be conflicts as no plane uses both at once.

That's what I did. 

I just need a map that's it. hehe

You're going to want to hit the I key which will negate the GPS and on board friend or foe locator (in expert mode). 

Edited by avlSteve

don't worry about the left and right issue, I have put that issue in a controls input bug report 3 months ago, one day they will fix.

If you want to understand these controls better, load your quick mission on the runway with outside views enabled, go outside and play with the pitch trim buttons. In the 109 you will see the horizontal stab moving up and down. In the Lagg you can see the trim tabs (small attachments to elevator control surfaces) moving.

The only problem with how it is done now is that the trims do not start centered but your control does, so the very first button press will give you an unintuitive response. After that, everything works fine.

Just for clarification, Stabilizer Trim changes the incidence of the horizontal stabilizer (the forward part) by raising and lowering the leading edge as opposed to a tab on the trailing edge which drives the elevator up or down

Why in gods name cant we use axis as trims?

Loft himself, noted he doesnt want to use thousands of keys for each function to work properly.

When I now want to use trim in each plane I have to waste 1 axis and at least 2 keys for just one trim axis???

I am not speaking of the 109 stabilizer.

Btw same question belongs to cooler...why cant I use an axis for that?

Please no historical correctness excuse.

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris