Sign in to follow this  
I/JG27_Nemesis

Frequent crashes in Campaign mode...on way home

Hi guys, I've been playing campaign mode for a couple of hours now, and I've actually started to enjoy Stuka missions.

However, I do experience severe problems with stability, I've got crashes where entire IL-2 freezes and does not react to anything anymore anytime.

And this mainly happens after successful mission on my way home....this really sucks and kills the motivation to fly campaign :(

My hardware is

Core i7

GTX 680

Win7 64Bit

4GB RAM

(my PC works stable with all other programs except IL-2)

anyone else having that frequent crashes during campaign missions on way home?

Yeah - I have had this problem several times over the past few days.  Between this bug, the Esc key bug, and the autopilot's tendency to kill me in various ways, I haven't been able to complete a campaign mission  for several days now :(

I started getting a crash to desktop/BoS stopped responding about a week ago, it would happen consistently after a completed mission soon after passing the exit point. I remembered that I had created a shortcut to the Il-2.exe and was running the game from that back when offline mode was enabled. Last night I started the game from the launcher instead and was able to complete 2 missions. I don't know why that would make a difference, maybe it was just a fluke, but I'll test some more later today.

Stability has been resolved for me in campaign by running compatibility checker in Windows7 64bit (right click on desktop icon and select it from drop down). It shows that the game is incompatible and asks to resolve by applying windows XP (2nd version). I was also unable to complete aNY missions before this. But it has not reappeared after this change. At least for now.

Good idea about checking compatibilty. For me the problem seems to be fixed by starting the game with the launcher, so far I had 3 out of 3 completed missions crash to desktop by starting Il-2.exe, and 4 out of 4 completed with no crashes by starting with the launcher.

Same thing happened to me and I just stopped playing. I sat at my computer just repeating the same missions over and over and over and over, and would crash either on my way back to base, or right after leaving the mission. I cant express how frustrating it was, ill prob play campaign again if any of it gets fixed. 

I also have the exact same setup as you OP, i7, 680gtx, win7 64, 8gb ram

Have you guys seen the sticky http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12268-ctd-campaign/ ? Devs are asking for specific information from people who get these problems.

I've had this problem in the past, but it fixed itself. I think I saw a dev in another thread (can't find it now, sorry) who advised to update java, if you have it installed (many do, there are websites that use it, e.g. identification for online banking).

The windows compatibility thing is a false alarm I think. I wouldn't touch that setting.

Gentlemen

I am experiencing similar issues; sometimes game freezes in campaign mode and more often than not (sadly) does the launcher crash when it is about to calculate my lousy score from whatever mission I just undertook.

4 out of five times I experience this launcher crash.

My system is:

Core i5 K4670 ( or something, no overclocking)

2 X GTX 580 (1,5 GB) in SLI (Force Alternate Frame rendering 1)

Win8.1 64Bit

32GB RAM

Will proceed to follow tips given above, but just thought I might post this here anyway.

No big deal, but I never seem to be able to unlock much this way...have to do it all on/line (if that's possible) and with my skills.... pffftt... it's gonna take forever and then some.

BR

BSS Tintin

Just an update...

Seems to me I have less (not without) issues when I start the game directly, i.e. without running the Launcher...

Tin'

I think I'm having a similar issue.

The action locked up near the end of a mission. I couldn't change my view but I could hit ESC and press the buttons on the menu - it was futile but it let me do it. The game was still locked.

Interesting that they mention Java. I don't have Java installed (aside from whatever base level implementation is available in Windows)... I'll try the full screen/windowed thing.

So I never experienced crashes until I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers, after updating I crash or hang up on about 80% of the missions. Seems that for me it is definately a driver issue.

I expirience ctd some times or very often when I record the mission, I twice ctd when I push the Finnish mission button with record on, once when I pouched the record button

Edited by LuseKofte

I'm getting this too and always on the way home.  I thought it was something to do with using the time accelerate key each time, but it doesn't look like this is the sole cause.

I'll report it using the info highlighted in Coconut's post.

Hope it's fixed soon!

Just had this happen again a few minutes ago while I was testing to see if the EXP totals were incrementing properly.  I updated Java back when that post was made, and was not running either my TIR or any FPS/overlay software.  Ground support campaign mission (Chapter 2) with Stuka, and made it all the way back and landed after successful mission, but as soon as I hit the Esc key I got the "stopped working" message and CTD.  Had run portions of the mission at time=2x, but had been running for a few minutes with time=1x for the landing sequence.  Not happening frequently (completed several missions yesterday without this happening), but has happened 2 or 3 times in last couple of days.

Same here during the campaign, I get a crash when returning from mission and close to airport 'Gumrak'. I could not complete my last 2 missions in the campaign.

Mission was a fighter bomber mission on a convoy. Plane was the Fockewulf.

Event log shows:

Faulting application name: Il-2.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x544f69a3
Faulting module name: Il-2.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x544f69a3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00187b41
Faulting process id: 0x12f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cff7bcdee4ad28
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe
Report Id: 22ff1653-63b4-11e4-80d3-08606e80c4f8

Please have a look at this.

cheers,

Dag

Edited by DrDag

Yeah - it happened to me again on the next two missions I tried - once again after landing, and once after reaching the exit point.  Immediate "stopped working" CTD after hitting the Esc key each time, 3 missions in a row (despite rebooting between).  Something bad happening today - I'd had a couple of these before spread out over the last few days, but nothing like this 3 in a row thing.