Zak

US training server candidates

I’ve started this topic for players who might want to host a new dedicated server in the North America, for US and Canada mostly. Looks like many pilots really need it, as a training server particularly (judging by this discussion). That’s why I ask everyone who’s ready to start and maintain a multiplayer server to tell me about it. Then I’ll pick one pilot who’ll then get access to the necessary software for one week. If this server gets good feedback from users, the host will keep for another week, and so on until dserver.exe goes public.

This is it, gentlemen. I'm looking forward to hear from those of you who really want to host such a usefull server.

Yes will it? I don't know my way around the ME, so even though I have a home server I'd be at a loss to build any missions right out of the gate.

I would like to know what the Dserver needs to run,specs for the server computer before I commit to anything.

Edited by Blackwolf

We need another Eagle's Nest in the NA community, a mission based server who has a small team that can create their own maps and tailor it to the needs/wants of the playerbase.

Honestly, I'm not sure why we need a training server? Most of what has killed the NA multiplayer right now is that there is no mission or objective based server like that we had in the Eagle's Nest. So there's no real reason to even venture into multiplayer for a vast majority of NA players or people who play during NA primetime hours.

Don't get me wrong I love the Syndicate or LD servers, but both are in Europe and the LD server runs an old map made by AM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultimately, I think the best thing would be if AM/=SE= and the developers had some type of negotiation/meeting.

At the moment you are simply killing the NA multiplayer community (it should set off huge warning alarms that the playerbase is so desperate for a good NA server that we essentially crowdfunded one in two days).

I know both sides feel they have been wronged, but sometimes you have to move past that when it directly harms your shared goals (having a successful flight sim).

Sure, you guys (the developers) might be able to find someone to host a server, but good luck finding someone in the near future who can start cranking out maps like =SE= did.

I guess what I am saying is that we can all be petty, we can all keep past disputes and perceived offenses alive, but the only thing that will do is further drag the game down. You can choose to keep your pride or you can choose to keep the NA community up and running, you might not be able to have both, so consider which is more important to you.

Edited by Afwastus
  • Upvote 2

We at New Wing Virtual Flight Training would like to throw our hat into the ring for at least one US server but perhaps two. We will start with a Training Server, as this is our chief goal. but would like the option to do a server like Syndicate or Eagle Nest. For those from Rise of Flight who may know us and our servers, QuQi and FourSpeed our mission editors/creators and server owners both along with the New Wings Team are interested in supporting BoS online.

Chief

Edited by -NW-ChiefRedCloud
  • Upvote 6

We need another Eagle's Nest in the NA community, a mission based server who has a small team that can create their own maps and tailor it to the needs/wants of the playerbase.  

Yes we do.

I'd like to take up the responsibility and bring the server up waving the Sea Eagles Squadron flag, AKA The Eagles Nest

Edited by =SE=Hollywood-
  • Upvote 1

FME maybe given to a person who has enough experience with the ROF editor. And under NDA since it's not public yet.

And yes, it may not be necessarily a training map, but anyway, each host that we have in BOS is capable of running at least two servers and one of them could be for training purposes.

I do not have the skills to run a server but I have some pretty fleshed out ideas for how a training server could look/operate. I am very interested in being one of the course developers and instructor pilots! Can't overemphasize VERY INTERESTED!

Edited by HerrMurf

FME maybe given to a person who has enough experience with the ROF editor. And under NDA since it's not public yet.

well that rules me out I just started learning your mission editor last week, I will continue learning in Rise of Flight and then come back here when I'm more comfortable with your editor.

And yes, it may not be necessarily a training map, but anyway, each host that we have in BOS is capable of running at least two servers and one of them could be for training purposes.

That's very good news, Zak.

As ChiefRedCloud posted above, we at New Wings would be pleased to be able to support the BoS community by hosting MP server(s).

Regards,

4 :salute:

• Upvote 1

Zak, i'm in EU but i can provide one, and i know the RoF FMB and Rof Dserver.

@ KOTP Spektre : you can have a look on that site :

http://www.serverloft.eu/

Carefful, you have to add the OS to the price.

Server in Buffalo if needed.  

Is it a temporary or should the candidates let the server stay up forever if needed and successful ?

Edited by FS_Fenice_1965
  • Upvote 1

I am in primarly a Battlefield 4 and Arma 3 / Rust / Life is Fedal / War Thunder multigame clan and program some of and maintain the websites over at http://righttorebel.net clan. I have programming experience in PHP and I started looking into the RoF mission editing tutorials, though I am new to editor I am intelligent enough to pick up on making a mission with all my prior web programming experience. If you check out the site you will see that the clan has been around and maintained since 2006 and have six top ranking battlefield 4 servers in the USA and as well as the world and have lots of server hosting experience. The leader of the community was a big fan of original IL-2 and me was wanting to start getting members into a virtual squadron branch in this game, most of the current members are war thunder players. We conduct ourselfs as a professional gaming community and can agree to NDA terms.

We at New Wing Virtual Flight Training would like to throw our hat into the ring for at least one US server but perhaps two. We will start with a Training Server, as this is our chief goal. but would like the option to do a server like Syndicate or Eagle Nest. For those from Rise of Flight who may know us and our servers, QuQi and FourSpeed our mission editors/creators and server owners both along with the New Wings Team are interested in supporting BoS online.

Chief

That's it, Chief !!!!!!!!!!

If anyone was keen on running a server downunder I would be happy to contribute somehow.

I only have basic knowledge of the ROF editor, but I am willing to learn. .

Surely there is need for a Southern Hemisphere server?

Forgot to say.

Our server is hosting the "warbirds of prey" and the "Skies of Valor" servers. Both communities are between the most crowded in IL2 and top ranking on HL and have several years of experience in hosting servers for IL2.

• Upvote 1

Noooo!  we need it like in RoF or DCS or IL2 .. each of us having ability to run our own private or open server. period .. Sorry but it's starting to get annoying. What's is happening ?

It will be possible when the dserver will be available. This thread is for setting a server before that event.

No GOZR most all of us are onboard for what you want. That and perhaps better admin tools for all the servers we will eventually have for BoS. It just takes a while to make it all come together.

Chief

I remember the days of my servers on IL2  Server-Wars competitions with "PROWAR"... "HISTORIA"  "Normandie-Niemen" and the whole IL2 "IOCL" International Competition" That the Developers team like Viks know well. It was fun and time to time I do open up an HISTORIA on RoF and DCS with the most realistic setting historic scenarios and more realistic weather. Our Team is constituted of "Team-USA" "GreaterGreen" and "TX-Squadron".

So yeas We know how to handle a server  ;)

@ GOZR I do remember some fond days of flying A-6 Zeros in old IL-2 through storms and rain and such saying to myself, actually over Ventrilo to my mates in CPS "I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING .... ARE YOU SURE WE'RE HAVING FUN?" Flying with the guys was the fun .... miss those days ....

Chief

I'd like to see ya'll get it Chief, Get FourSpeed working on missions!  :biggrin:

We're gearing up if we're selected ......  if not, we'll be along eventually for sure ....

Chief

If anyone was keen on running a server downunder I would be happy to contribute somehow.

I only have basic knowledge of the ROF editor, but I am willing to learn. .

Surely there is need for a Southern Hemisphere server?

We have had more than a few on the -NAG- server form downunder, seams they have a better ping on the server than most others. And I assume the server presence is non existent for most games there.

I would be more than happy to help anyone out that would like a chance for server there. We have a team speak already and you could create your own channels in ours if you wish. Question is getting a provider out hat way. Sure there is a provider there that can offer a good server.

We have already filled our server costs for this month and we do it with small donations. If you run a good server people will come back. 

Edited by Newfie

Time to learn anything for the servers means that it will be released not soon.. we need an ETA for the server side release.

New Wings server was up the other day, I guess they still testing cus it was locked but surely it will be public soon.

Forgot to say.

Our server is hosting the "warbirds of prey" and the "Skies of Valor" servers. Both communities are between the most crowded in IL2 and top ranking on HL and have several years of experience in hosting servers for IL2.

Behind ours ;) J/K

Ive asked the question both in public and in private and still have had no answers as to if and when we might host a server. To be honest it seems most of the stalwarts at battle-fields are giving up on the project.

For the record B-F has hosted servers for IL2 since day 1 of IL2. It seems that counts for 0 though.

Sorry for the rant.

New Wings server was up the other day, I guess they still testing cus it was locked but surely it will be public soon.

Yes we are still wrestling with one server but our Basic Training server is holding steady. The guys are now putting together our missions. I don't have an opening date yet but we are working as quickly as we can. Then, of course, we'll need input and ideas from everyone. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

Chief

Forgot to say.

When are we going to get a Skies of Valor server?