GrieverGriever_XIV

Current state of multiplayer

Yeah late night BOS is almost unheard of at this time... I try to play earlier in the evening and do fairly well.

My experience on weekend evenings has been consistent...one normal server will have 15-20, and one expert server will have 20-30.  That's about it.

When can we see playable US based servers? Every time I try to play multiplayer there's lots of people in Syndicate server, but the lag was insane.

wrong timezone, time to move ;)

europe primetime servers are very populated!

+1 No problem with few players as well. In fact some of us have issues to join due to overcrowded servers.

It's very busy during European primetime. At like, this very moment.

Damn American's :/

It's very busy during European primetime. At like, this very moment.

Damn American's :/

We're all too busy whining and crying about unlocks and WONT give in to having fun playing a game we spent $95 on.  

I'm hoping this will turn around with the Eagles Nest coming back.   This will hopefully rally the American spirit if we give them something to stand behind.   Until then, I'll do my flying early vs the Europeans!

Sorry, but spending 40 hours on a boring campaign is not what I call "giving in to having fun", Pand.

Edited by 71st_AH_Chuck
  • Upvote 2

Sorry, but spending 40 hours on a boring campaign is not what I call "giving in to having fun", Pand.

Sorry Chuck, but if you are unable to have fun in multiplayer without unlocking every mod and skin, then the problem is at your end.

Until there is any meaningful MP mode , like online wars , I fly mainly duels on Duel server. 1v1 , 2v2 , 3v3 sometimes. Great fun and less frustrating than flying around Stalingrad looking for Germans ;). I would often run out of fuel before finding any targets , and as much as I like flying around ,I also enjoy shooting down planes.

Get yourself couple of mates on Teamspeak and start duelling. I participated in Rise of Flight Gladiators tournament. It was an amazing experience , level of adrenaline was very high, I hope to relive this in BoS.

If you don't mind getting your ego bruised that is :)

Until there is any meaningful MP mode , like online wars , I fly mainly duels on Duel server. 1v1 , 2v2 , 3v3 sometimes. Great fun and less frustrating than flying around Stalingrad looking for Germans ;). I would often run out of fuel before finding any targets , and as much as I like flying around ,I also enjoy shooting down planes.

Maybe I'm crazy, but this has happened to me a couple times and I enjoyed every minute of it due to the "feel of flight" in this game.

And here I can't get into my squadron server because it is full up!

Die damn you die!

You will enjoy Rise of Flight Syndicate server as well then :). Countless hours of flying looking for Germans , and then finding more than you bargained for, and usually above you as well. I swear that some guys climb for twenty minutes and then patrol from above looking for unsuspecting prey.

I swear that some guys climb for twenty minutes and then patrol from above...

We do that, but not looking for unsuspecting prey but looking for Jasta 5 :lol: :lol: :P

• Upvote 1

I was shot down by Vorlander many times ,after long climbing , when I thought I was safe :). He was always higher :).

I was joking once that he gets up in the morning , makes his coffee and starts climbing on Syndicate server , and then by the time i join after work , he's in the stratosphere ;) , waiting , like hunter.

• Upvote 2

Sorry Chuck, but if you are unable to have fun in multiplayer without unlocking every mod and skin, then the problem is at your end.

Of course it's my problem: I like to fly everything and test every configuration. Big deal... 

The unfortunate thing is that I'm not the only guy having an issue with this.

Edited by 71st_AH_Chuck
  • Upvote 5

Bored with flying fighters on Syndicate server I wanted to pick IL-2 or LaGG-3 with cannons and bust up few Panzers , well I couldn't , because I didn't play Campaign and didn't unlock bigger cannons. I therefore couldn't enjoy certain aspect of a game that was available to me previously , but then taken away.

Leave unlocks for new players if you must , give Founders an option to get everything instantly unlocked if they wish so , leave it for people who enjoy it. 'Problem' solved , and some Founders will be happier , I know I would be.

• Upvote 2

No this is the current state of multiplayer:

I remember when I would see over 1000 on HL on the weekends :) , the game is out now and the MP numbers are very low  but I do hope they will grow :)

I never see that many people at all when im online normally, usually a couple servers with a lonely soul or 2 flying alone.

sometimes once a week a few servers are populated and thats it. It will get more lively when fmb released i hope...apparently there is only 10 people who play mp in America. I will say the NAG server a couple times playing was the best ive been on even though i prefer expert i had excellent connection and it seemed everyone else did to. was good fun. day or 2 later and its just empty.... :dash:

Multiplayer will never be full until you let server communities have their servers and FMB.

People play with their friends, many of them known with years in the lobby.

I do not dislike BOS, but most of the people I fly with play on a the community built around a specific server....If I have to choose between the best sim and a less good sim with my wingmates I choose the wingmates.

Give those communities the instruments to have a BOS server and communities will begin to transfer, and you will have more places with a good attendance.

• Upvote 1

Of course it's my problem: I like to fly everything and test every configuration. Big deal... 

But is that the only way you can have good time with BoS? And just for clarification, I am not too happy with this unlock-system myself, although it doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother some other people. But it doesn't stop me for having fun also.

Of course your not.

You threw the baby out the with the bathwater though.

Your choice of course, but it seemed a bit rash.

Multiplayer will never be full until you let server communities have their servers and FMB.

People play with their friends, many of them known with years in the lobby.

I do not dislike BOS, but most of the people I fly with play on a the community built around a specific server....If I have to choose between the best sim and a less good sim with my wingmates I choose the wingmates.

Give those communities the instruments to have a BOS server and communities will begin to transfer, and you will have more places with a good attendance.

This.

But is that the only way you can have good time with BoS? And just for clarification, I am not too happy with this unlock-system myself, although it doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother some other people. But it doesn't stop me for having fun also.

Of course your not.

You threw the baby out the with the bathwater though.

Your choice of course, but it seemed a bit rash.

Well, gee... Should I feel sorry for myself for wanting back stuff I already had a month or so ago? I like cool skins and field mods as much as the next guy. I just don't have time for this grind.

It's not as if there weren't other great sims to fly with anyway. I enjoy them all. I just enjoy this one less.

November and December are gonna be CRAZY.  :cool:

Edited by 71st_AH_Chuck
  • Upvote 2

yesterday EU primtime, all expert servers were full, I could't join. Even so, I'll take it as a good sign! I hope the devs can fix the Dserver ASAP for 64+ players :)

Well, gee... Should I feel sorry for myself for wanting back stuff I already had a month or so ago? I like cool skins and field mods as much as the next guy. I just don't have time for this grind.

It's not as if there weren't other great sims to fly with anyway. I enjoy them all. I just enjoy this one less.

November and December are gonna be CRAZY.  :cool:

QFE.

Exact same here. DCS is coming up with lots of nice stuff, I have CloD and'46 still. I have RoF, still. I can look forward to what may come with the next update to BMS. And all it would take to keep BoS competitive is to enact change that leaves unlocks limited to the campaign only. All it takes.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

When can we see playable US based servers? Every time I try to play multiplayer there's lots of people in Syndicate server, but the lag was insane.

I think the LD Heavy Metal server is/was very well populated during US prime time. It was hard to joined there even when the limit was 130 players and I have no problems with lagging there. With all respects to Syndicates (I really like their RoF server) their BoS server is boring like hell. LD Heavy metal is probably the best you can find at this moment. 

We in the Syndicate look very much forward to your mission designs Pragr when FMB and dserver is released! Good luck!

LD or Syndicate, they both same, unplayable...

Planes are teleporting, flying in zig zag pattern, it's even worse with netcode issue(hit registration).

We need more non-European servers!!  :huh:

16DrGJJ.png

Edited by SeriousFox

Yeah I don't disagree with you... that's a long time --- but fortunately every unlock you NEED to have a good time only requires about 30 minutes if you choose Expert and Quick Missions.

Update:   Since the MP plane configurations no longer 'save' your last loadout and skin, I usually forget to go into each section and re-select the unlock--- which means I'm flying each plane stock anyway.  NBD, my enemies still go down in flames!

Update:   Since the MP plane configurations no longer 'save' your last loadout and skin, I usually forget to go into each section and re-select the unlock--- which means I'm flying each plane stock anyway.  NBD, my enemies still go down in flames!

I concur,