Sign in to follow this  
Han

Dedicated Server - use HIGH PERFORMANCE power setting

This message to everyone who hosting Dedicated Servers.

Plese, use Hight Performance power option in your Windows to have good and stable Dedicated Server of the Battle of Stalingrad.

Look at this image:

_DServerPerformance.jpg

Ballanced setting makes DServer performance 3 times lower than High setting

Power Safe setting makes DServer performance 4 times lower than High setting

This means that in Ballanced setting of power options your DServer will maintain 3 times less quantity of players or 3 times less complex mission than in High setting.

You may find these settings in Control Panel - Power Options.

• Upvote 2

Will it be possible in the end to host DServer on *nix system? I really can't see myself making a server out of a Window box, too much performance refraction (See what I did there ? ^.^")

Edited by M4rgaux

Hello,

What is the sifignication of the SPS  and tick delay indicator on the  Dserver console

Will it be possible in the end to host DServer on *nix system? I really can't see myself making a server out of a Window box, too much performance refraction (See what I did there ? ^.^")

Would absolutely love the stability of a linux dserver.   +1 this question.

Hello Han, Hello Zak,

our squadron set up a root server (8 core Opteron 2.3 Ghz., 16GB Ram, SSD Harddrive, 100MBit Fullduplex Network) and made some stress tests. 

We unfortunately experienced some serious lagging as soon as more than 20 clients had been connected.

Could you please publish hardware recommendations to run a server capable to host 48 players trouble-free or point us into the direction for what we have to take care of.

Thank you!

Hello Han, Hello Zak,

our squadron set up a root server (8 core Opteron 2.3 Ghz., 16GB Ram, SSD Harddrive, 100MBit Fullduplex Network) and made some stress tests.

We unfortunately experienced some serious lagging as soon as more than 20 clients had been connected.

Could you please publish hardware recommendations to run a server capable to host 48 players trouble-free or point us into the direction for what we have to take care of.

Thank you!

Manfred, I'm not sure if you received an answer, but I know that windows home versions (I.e. Not server os) limits the amount of concurrent TCP/IP connections to twenty in win7 pro and win10 I think.

To get past this you need to have a server operating system that doesn't have those limits. That means Linux server or paying a shit ton for windows server.

Still not 100% sure about this since it seems no one really knows. But in my research I can confirm this. Now games use the UDP protocol but I'm not sure if windows limits UDP connections to twenty as well.

Manfred, I'm not sure if you received an answer, but I know that windows home versions (I.e. Not server os) limits the amount of concurrent TCP/IP connections to twenty in win7 pro and win10 I think.

To get past this you need to have a server operating system that doesn't have those limits. That means Linux server or paying a shit ton for windows server.

Still not 100% sure about this since it seems no one really knows. But in my research I can confirm this. Now games use the UDP protocol but I'm not sure if windows limits UDP connections to twenty as well.

I have yet to test it but I believe the 20 connection limit is a registry settings that can be disabled.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\EnableConnectionRateLimiting
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.

Windows OS may still impose connection limiting further up in the application layer, so I haven't tested the above.  However, it would make sense that they would rely more on the software in question (IL2, File Sharing, Web service, etc.) than the OS to fully impose the limit.  M$ has to put a dollar sign in their name somehow... ;)  If anyone comes across this and has 20+ people to test it on consumer windows (7, 8 or 10) let us know :)