BlackSix

Quick mission, campaign and single missions

9 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Thanks - I was able to reproduce the issue and will report it.

Was M&M Enterprises active on the eastern front?

• Haha 1

Brief description : BoM, Hurricane career, no reinforcement

Detailed description :  I'm 6 operational weeks into this career (early December 41 - mid January 42). My squadron has obviously lost pilots and planes. None (0+0) have been replaced since the beginning of the career. For more than 2 operational weeks now, I've been stuck with 8 pilots and 3 planes...  Miraculously, nobody is getting KIA anymore, no planes are total loss anymore...Seems like a bug... 

• Thanks 1

Brief description:

Quick mission, squad-on-squad pursuit setup, enemy airplanes commit mass suicide shortly after the battle begins.

Detailed description, conditions:

I have tested it on all of the both Battle of Moscow and Battle of Stalingrad theatre. The issue seems to be particularly severe when I set up the mission to be a bomber / ground-attack type airplane interception. However, fighter air craft also seem to have this propensity. Shortly after you begin the mission, enemy fleets will drop down to low altitude, circling around one place, and one by one just straight up crash into the ground or forest. Enemy A.I. level, starting altitude or distance do not make any difference. Regardless of my actions, all enemy airplanes will usually be destroyed within 5-10 minutes via suicide.

This makes using quick mission for quick training setups impossible.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

I'm not sure if I'm attaching the right set of data: but I have zipped up both mission log and flight log from one of the experimental missions I've ran. I hope those might be of some use.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Win10, drivers seem to be all up to date, no specific software used, no mods. 

PlaneSuicideIssue.zip

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/13/2020 at 6:11 PM, karel2501 said:

Brief description:

Quick mission, squad-on-squad pursuit setup, enemy airplanes commit mass suicide shortly after the battle begins.

I have tested it on all of the both Battle of Moscow and Battle of Stalingrad theatre. The issue seems to be particularly severe when I set up the mission to be a bomber / ground-attack type airplane interception. However, fighter air craft also seem to have this propensity. Shortly after you begin the mission, enemy fleets will drop down to low altitude, circling around one place, and one by one just straight up crash into the ground or forest. Enemy A.I. level, starting altitude or distance do not make any difference. Regardless of my actions, all enemy airplanes will usually be destroyed within 5-10 minutes via suicide.

This makes using quick mission for quick training setups impossible.

I'm not sure if I'm attaching the right set of data: but I have zipped up both mission log and flight log from one of the experimental missions I've ran. I hope those might be of some use.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Win10, drivers seem to be all up to date, no specific software used, no mods. 

PlaneSuicideIssue.zip 1.9 kB · 0 downloads

Happened to me yesterday. All 8 bombers suicided one by one. It seems that they try to perform some evasive maneuver. When i did not approach them they behaved just fine, but as long as I moved close they all start spiraling straight into the ground. At least few steam users posted the same.

Hey guys!  I dont know if this is a bug, or something I'm doing wrong.  A lot of the time I just like to do a "scramble" quick mision.  Every single time I play, I set the enemy distance to 10,000m.  But every match is a crap shoot.  Sometimes the enemy AI spawns directly over the airfield, and sometimes they're maybe 1000m away.  Not very often, I get my 10,000m distance.  Any suggestions?

Second issue. 

When I play my scramble mission, I usually set 

Flight 1 - 4 BF 109s

Flight 2 - 4 JU-87s

When my match starts, I can see all 8 enemies coming.  Naturally, I focus on the fighters first.  After a couple minutes of shooting and turning, I notice the JU87s just disappear.  Gone.  No longrr jn the game.  I even press CTRL+2 to spectate the enemies, and they're gone.

Any suggestions guys,??

Thanks!

So, I've already did this on the steam forum, so if the message/data already reached the developers that way, I apologize for the redundancy. However, just to make things clearer, and based on helpful recommendations by the developr over there, I'll repost hopefully more useful data sets to demonstrate the problem. 

Attached zip file contains three flight track and associated data from three different attempts to illustrate the problem. Plus a screen shot of a one of the flight post-mission event long to give others the idea of who things seem to play out. 

Once again, if this has already been processed, I apologize, let me know and I'll take the post off if need be.

Thanks to 777 for reaching out to us about the problem already on the steam forum pages!

One-drive link with track records:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuPYA9guGKfaij2EInle1oMcnckU?e=19Fy84

if there is any issue with the data download provider, also please let me know, I'll find a different way to upload the data. 

DontFeedCoolAidToYourPilots.jpg

I've started career as a member of II/LG2 unit when starting Battle of Moscow.
On October 20th a unit has been transferred from Sychevka airfield (starting base) to Kalinin airfield (as in reality, everything has been ok so far.)
On October 22nd a group of 109E's from this unit were attacking nearby artillery positions behind the front. I haven't played as a leader, so I was surprised that the whole unit dropped their bombs upon take off and returned to the airfield. So I've found the target, drop the bomb and returned back to base.
Confirming step to the next day, October 23rd generated missions from Dugino airfield (see attached screenshots).
How was unit transferred to Dugino without a transfer?

19411022.png

19411023.png

• Thanks 1

I had a similar incident flying the 157 IAP in the Battle of Moscow. Our Hurricanes were assigned one mission for the day, then got a notice that we needed to intercept bombers later in the day, when the mission came up we were taking off from a German held airfield well behind the lines. 

3 hours ago, twilson37 said:

I had a similar incident flying the 157 IAP in the Battle of Moscow. Our Hurricanes were assigned one mission for the day, then got a notice that we needed to intercept bombers later in the day, when the mission came up we were taking off from a German held airfield well behind the lines. 

What date?

Brief description:

Campaign mission briefing showing incorrect Airfield altitude. 

Having flown 100+ missions in a campaign career out of Tatsinskaya I know it is 92M ASL. In game the bomb sight altitude confirms that still. But in 4.502 on the mission briefing it now shows the Airfield altitude as 0.

20201119153616_1.jpg

20201119153627_1.jpg

Brief description: Career mode, I've been shown as transfered to the same squadron I've already been in and my scores was zeroized.

Detailed description, conditions: After more or less 10 missions into Moscow Campaing in 15. (Spanish) Staffel of Jagdgeschwader 27, I got the message of being transferred to the same Squadron I've been already in and all my score (including flown missions etc) was nullified. What's more, after I flown another mission the same day it happened and shot down some enemy planes, all the data in my profile/in Unit HQ are also 0 (including flown missions). Then I jumped to the next day and received a "pilot badge", like I'm indeed starting a career. What's even more interesting, I have still my badges and even received Iron Class 1st Class after the second mission the day it happened. Is it a known issue? Or do you need some other stuff to debug it, like logs or so?

EDIT: I solved this by editing DB file - it turned out there'd been created another pilot record with the same name and surname as my pilot - apparently game was confused at that point. I removed this pilot record and all its references, incremented campaign date by one (I don't know why I had to do that) and got all my stats (including the records from missions flown after this issue happened) back. 

Edited by Lypa

Description In Career mode, on the Moscow front, the squadron Icons no longer appear on the Headquarter map since last update (4503)...:(

• Upvote 2

Description : Career mode, hurricane, BOM... Squadron's airfield is located in enemy territory...

Detailed description : Those screenshots tell it all...

20201119235506_1.jpg

20201119235827_1.jpg

More detailed comments : Ok guys, I'll sound like a whiner again, but I can assume it, because some things seem obvious to me ; let me say first that I love this sim and the Hurricane, a joy to fly...But, cause there is a but..  I know that the MP community is very vocal here, but why are you guys releasing a plane or an update if it is not well implemented into career mode ? This is the 3rd major bug I'm reporting for this career ( the 2 previous ones being : 1_ no reinforcements and 2_ bombing runs taking place within held territory). And I'm not even talking about my countless posts regarding other careers. Seriously, SP players certainly represent a high percentage of those who buy your modules and planes. I'm one of them... I own everything, every plane, scripted campaign and module  (except TC, but it will come). So why is it that so little attention is being paid to major details in career mode... ? You really wanna lose the SP clientele ? One thing is sure : those f*&??ups within this specific career illustrate well the fact that you should spend more time on the drawing boards before you release a product... And I say this with all due respect, because I know that you are a small dev team and that you are doing your best. I am and will remain a faithful customer, but as such, I think I have the right to complain a bit when programming errors and other flaws make the game barely playable in career mode. Хорошего дня.

Edited by Cleo9
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@Cleo9, Tracks or the mission file left?

Sure, where can I find it yet ?

Same happened to me yesterday. I was playing Career mode Battle of Moscow with the I-16 in 495th. 

Played some missions and everything was OK until the message "Enemies spotted crossing our lines"...  I got a mission to Intercept Ground Attack Planes from the German side. I looked at the mission plan at the Headquarters screen and saw that the waypoints was coming from a German territory to attack the Soviet (300km away from my airfield).

I started the mission: I was taking off from the German airfield with a lot of I-16s to attack the soviet lines LOL. So I exited the game and my pilot was "Missing in action"... (something like that) =/

RIP Makar Subbotin, pilot killed by a "bug"... next time playing with a closed canopy aircraft.

On 11/19/2020 at 12:03 AM, LukeFF said:

What date?

1.3.42, Sunday.  It was an intercept bombers mission at 15:31 in BOM with 157 IAP. The squadron is assigned to Lukovnikovo but flew that mission from Bol'shoe Vergovo well behind enemy lines. Next mission was back to Lukovnikovo.

• Thanks 1

Description : Career mode, Spitfire, BoBP, Generated missions are all messed up since 4.503

Detailed description : 

2020_11.20-17_35.thumb.png.4e1d4c142a51efc54a3a1ff19355fd2d.png

This is just an example. I haven't even dared to try and fly it.

More detailed comments : 

As you can see I'm based in Heesch, which is way up north (off this screenshot).

• Upvote 2

Hello, both my BoS careers (Fw 190 A3 and La5) seem to suffer from the same bug: after several missions my squadron disappears from the usual airfield and my missions start from a point in the far south-west of the map in German territory (images attached). I played the game 90 hrs and this is the first time it happened, I also had two CTDs and a BSOD while playing recently and never before.

I couldn't find a known solution in the forum, anyone can help me? Thank you.

20201121173637_1.jpg

20201121173749_1.jpg

20201121174050_1.jpg

On 11/20/2020 at 5:44 PM, norsetto said:

Description : Career mode, Spitfire, BoBP, Generated missions are all messed up since 4.503

On 11/20/2020 at 6:08 AM, Cleo9 said:

Description : Career mode, hurricane, BOM... Squadron's airfield is located in enemy territory...

Same on my system. I attach a short track so you can see the generated mission.

As additional information, the unit icons in the map screens (Headquarters and Mission briefing) also have issues: the player unit is not shown, and sometimes the other units in the map don't appear either.

Track_Carrer_wrong_unit_placing.zip

• Upvote 1

Update: I tried starting two new Soviet carriers selecting different squadrons. Now the mission plans start from the correct airfields but all the insignias are gone, so there's no way to ask for a unit transfer for example. What is happening?

20201121211506_1.jpg

20201121211731_1.jpg

Edited by shamino

Its a bug in the latest update. Nothing we can do short of crying out loud. See the reports at the end of this thread:

Edited by norsetto
Clarified where the bug reports are
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2020 at 12:52 AM, shamino said:

I also had two CTDs and a BSOD while playing recently and never before.

Do everything according to the instructions please.

@shamino, @yeikov@norsetto, Yes, thank you, we reproduced the problem. we are working on a fix and apologize for inconvenience.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: 

Lines connecting base and the target are sometimes painted from bottom left corner of the map

When playing career mode, there are usually painted dashed lines connecting home base and the target. It happened to me several times that lines are not painted between home base and target, but between bottom left corner and target.

2020_11_24__20_31_11.thumb.png.3680e6654e737508acbcf95a90eb8f58.png

• Upvote 1

Brief description:
Take-off point completely different of the air base.

In a career mode for 15 (span.)/JG27 based at Sychevka airfield "Intercept bombers " mission generated from this unit had take off and landing point at Bolshoe Vergovo (2702 square in the Moscow map)
MapWithMissionRoute2.thumb.png.53485cae68cd0163468bd4077c0f139c.png

Red circle points at the take off airfield.
Blue ellipse around the mission route. It starts in bottom left corner, but whole unit took off from Bolshoe Vergovo 

Mission track https://ufile.io/os6chwge

Edited by 1stCL/rudidlo
  • Upvote 2

On 11/25/2020 at 4:54 AM, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Brief description: 

Lines connecting base and the target are sometimes painted from bottom left corner of the map

On 11/29/2020 at 5:26 AM, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Brief description:
Take-off point completely different of the air base.

thank you! will be fixed.

• Thanks 2

On 11/21/2020 at 5:52 PM, shamino said:

Hello, both my BoS careers (Fw 190 A3 and La5) seem to suffer from the same bug: after several missions my squadron disappears from the usual airfield and my missions start from a point in the far south-west of the map in German territory (images attached). I played the game 90 hrs and this is the first time it happened, I also had two CTDs and a BSOD while playing recently and never before.

I couldn't find a known solution in the forum, anyone can help me? Thank you.

20201121173637_1.jpg

20201121173749_1.jpg

20201121174050_1.jpg

Hello folks, me too have the same issue. Waiting for a Christmassy fix 😍

Ciao!

M

On 8/19/2020 at 5:13 PM, Noisemaker said:

Brief description:  All wingmen/women return to base after first waypoint

Detailed description, conditions:   Kuban career, same as the last bug report above (Daytime flying now fixed, thanks!).  When I fly the earlier of the two evening/night missions, as each of my flight reach the first waypoint they drop bombs and turn back to base.  This does not occur if I fly the later of the two missions.  I tried multiple loadouts, including the default to check to see if the weight of the aircraft was an issue, but nothing changes.  They always RTB after they reach waypoint 1.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  What can I provide?  I recorded the last mission (the 3rd) just as they started to break off from home.  I'm not sure what files you will need to investigate.  Let me know, and I'll attach them.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Irrelevant again.

EDIT

It now appears to happen with every mission.  Just started the next mission, in air start, and the flight starts calling RTB.

Still happening, but sporadically.  One flight works, the next, all AI RTB before crossing the front.  I can't decipher a pattern to it.

On 12/4/2020 at 4:42 PM, Marvel said:

Hello folks, me too have the same issue. Waiting for a Christmassy fix 😍

Ciao!

M

yeah me too.

I'm desperately hoping for a fix in the next days.

- wrong localisation of your airfields and mission paths allways starting in the bottom left of the map

- no resuply with aircraft or pilots

that makes my carrers nearly not playable for me to this moment😒

12 minutes ago, easterling77 said:

yeah me too.

I'm desperately hoping for a fix in the next days.

- wrong localisation of your airfields and mission paths allways starting in the bottom left of the map

- no resuply with aircraft or pilots

that makes my carrers nearly not playable for me to this moment😒

If you click on target it will show the right mission path.

Ciao!

M

• Upvote 1

i know, thanks 

but in some cases i start at a very wrong airfield ( BoK La 5 carrer taking of at Kerch^^) I hope they will fix it soon to the point it had befor the last major patch 

1 hour ago, easterling77 said:

i know, thanks 

but in some cases i start at a very wrong airfield ( BoK La 5 carrer taking of at Kerch^^) I hope they will fix it soon to the point it had befor the last major patch 

Ah, ok. Me, apart the first look with path in the very left down corner, when I click on the target, missions starts well and path come back to normal starts (Bf109F-2 Moscow front).

Ciao!

M

On 12/16/2020 at 2:50 PM, -DED-Rapidus said:

We won't have to wait long, sorry again for the inconvenience.

easy👍

we all will wait until its done.

This sim is awsome and until this problem is fixed, there are tons of scripted campaigns to fly😎 (another great fact of IL2😁)

- Comming home from a long shift

- seeing your post

- checked - works fine :fly:

Thank you very much

You guys are the best

Whish you a Merry Christmas and peacefull holidays

• Thanks 1