Quick mission, campaign and single missions

Brief description: since version 4.008 release certain IA aircrafts failed to RTB in Single Mission

Detailed description, conditions: in Single Mission (player leading), IA aircrafts (e.g. Yak 9T) systematically crash about 2km west of their airfield base on their RTB. I included an illustration with Stalingrad map. I tested two different airfields (Ventsy -the two pics included below- and Kachalinskiy). In both cases the AIs try to land approximately  2 km west of the airfield. This was not happening prior to the release of 4.008

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): I included two pics of the crash -you can see the airfield further on the right-hand side - for the Ventsy mission. I hope you can see the problem. If you need more information, let me know.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Not relevant- this bug was not occurring prior to version 4.008

Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.20 - 19.25.52.17.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.20 - 19.26.50.44.png

• 1CGS
4 hours ago, Chris212 said:

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): I included two pics of the crash -you can see the airfield further on the right-hand side - for the Ventsy mission. I hope you can see the problem. If you need more information, let me know.

I need to look at your missions for further analysis.

• 2 weeks later...

Brief description: Changing planes in planned missions disables bomb loadout.

Detailed description, conditions:  In Single Player Campaign Kuban where I am squadron commander of 42 GIAP flying Yak 1 and Yak 1b, if I change the allocation of Yak1 to Yak1b in a flight, the ability to load bombs is disabled.  This occurs with the player's fighter and all wingmen, whether Yak 1 or 1b.  The bomb loadouts have a red lock symbol beside them.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Screenshots

Mission as originally planned:

528642709_PlannedMission.thumb.JPG.df1c0e14b46025fb013e22d3e7d6e8cf.JPG

Original loadout:

1545131943_Plannedloadout.thumb.JPG.a18ff144902b3c9c72dc931c9882a12f.JPG

Modified Mission:

1043172804_ModifiedMission.thumb.JPG.24ee4ddc8b363b84b37ed98d11b07de8.JPG

Try to change loadout as no bombs were selected:

1277590806_Modifiedloadout.thumb.JPG.d8a9452245ce21fbd863012468ac4c95.JPG

Reset to Yak 1:

1384247618_ResetMission.thumb.JPG.a853451fafc73e5bc666ef82849b98fa.JPG

Still not able to load bombs:

241357561_Stillnobombs.thumb.JPG.82bdb822382bb90cfd8cabb63b59252d.JPG

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Not relevant, campaign mission generation is not local.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Noisemaker said:

Brief description: Changing planes in planned missions disables bomb loadout.

Detailed description, conditions:  In Single Player Campaign Kuban where I am squadron commander of 42 GIAP flying Yak 1 and Yak 1b, if I change the allocation of Yak1 to Yak1b in a flight, the ability to load bombs is disabled.  This occurs with the player's fighter and all wingmen, whether Yak 1 or 1b.  The bomb loadouts have a red lock symbol beside them.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Screenshots

Mission as originally planned:

528642709_PlannedMission.thumb.JPG.df1c0e14b46025fb013e22d3e7d6e8cf.JPG

Original loadout:

1545131943_Plannedloadout.thumb.JPG.a18ff144902b3c9c72dc931c9882a12f.JPG

Modified Mission:

1043172804_ModifiedMission.thumb.JPG.24ee4ddc8b363b84b37ed98d11b07de8.JPG

Try to change loadout as no bombs were selected:

1277590806_Modifiedloadout.thumb.JPG.d8a9452245ce21fbd863012468ac4c95.JPG

Reset to Yak 1:

1384247618_ResetMission.thumb.JPG.a853451fafc73e5bc666ef82849b98fa.JPG

Still not able to load bombs:

241357561_Stillnobombs.thumb.JPG.82bdb822382bb90cfd8cabb63b59252d.JPG

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Not relevant, campaign mission generation is not local.

@-DED-Rapidus: I can reproduce this bug with as well with other planes. In this case above, bombs are not, by default, locked out of either the Yak-1 or Yak-1B loadouts - only rockets are locked:

[plane="Yak-1 ser.69"]
        config="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Yak1s69.txt"
        [period]
            period="1941.01.01","1942.06.01"
            plane_eff=0.3
            fuel=786179,10.0
            modifications_required=0b000101
            modifications_denied=0b000000
            ammo_eff=5,1.0
        [end]
        [period]
            period="1942.06.02","1946.01.01"
            plane_eff=0.3
            fuel=786179,10.0
            modifications_required=0b010001
            modifications_denied=0b000110
            ammo_eff=10,1.0
        [end]
    [end]
    [plane="Yak-1 ser.127"]
        config="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Yak1s127.txt"
        [period]
            period="1941.01.01","1946.01.01"
            plane_eff=0.3
            fuel=829484,10.0
            ammo_eff=2,1.0
        [end]
    [end]

To give another example: I have the SC250 and SC500 bombs locked for airfield attack missions with the Bf 109 K-4 on 1945.01.01. When the mission is first loaded, everything looks good: these two bomb loadouts are locked, and the only mods available at this point are the gunpods and 1.98 ata engine mod (which is how I want it to be). However, if I change the assigned aircraft to a G-14 but then revert the assigned plane to a K-4, now the locked mods are the SC500 and the 1.98 ata engine mod - and the two mods available are now the SC250 and the gunpods. The relevant lines in the cfg file are:

[plane="Bf 109 G-14"]
        config="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109G14.txt"
        [period]
            period="1941.01.01","1944.12.31"
            plane_eff=0.7
            fuel=892791,20.0
            modifications_required=0b1010001
            ammo_eff=2,1.0
        [end]
        [period]
            period="1945.01.01","1945.01.01"
            plane_eff=0.7
            fuel=892791,20.0
            modifications_required=0b000000
            modifications_denied=0b111000
            ammo_eff=0,1.0
        [end]
        [period]
            period="1945.01.02","1946.01.01"
            plane_eff=0.7
            fuel=892791,20.0
            modifications_required=0b1010001
            ammo_eff=2,1.0
        [end]
    [end]
    [plane="Bf 109 K-4"]
        config="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109K4.txt"
        [period]
            period="1941.01.01","1944.12.01"
            plane_eff=0.8
            fuel=892792,20.0
            modifications_denied=0b010000
            ammo_eff=1,1.0
        [end]
        [period]
            period="1944.12.02","1944.12.31"
            plane_eff=0.8
            fuel=892792,20.0
            ammo_eff=1,1.0
        [end]
        [period]
            period="1945.01.01","1945.01.01"
            plane_eff=0.8
            fuel=892792,20.0
            modifications_required=0b000000
            modifications_denied=0b001100
            ammo_eff=0,1.0
        [end]
        [period]
            period="1945.01.02","1946.01.01"
            plane_eff=0.8
            fuel=892792,20.0
            ammo_eff=1,1.0
        [end]
    [end]

Edited by LukeFF
  • 2 weeks later...

I really, really hate to be that guy Rapidus, but can we hope to see some improvements towards AI priorities when doing ground attack missions? (you know, the problem being that AI will prioritize AA units with their bombs and waste cannon ammo on heavy tanks) I know this annoys a lot of SP players like myself and it would really double the number of fun and playable career aircrafts. Right now, only fighter careers are somewhat enjoyable.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm being pushy. It's just that it's been 2 patches since we reported the problem and I was hoping to see improvements there... I actually put IL-2 on hold until this is fixed.

Brief description: Tiger mission from 4.009 gets stuck
Detailed description, conditions: During the Tiger mission from 4.009, the mission didn't advance past the first waypoint in Prokhorovka. It may have something to do with that the accompanying Panthers and Panzer IVs were all destroyed pretty soon in the mission. On a second attempt, I did a better job protecting my buddies and the mission did progress. Perhaps a "Mission failed - too many friendlies destroyed" message would be in order here?
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): -
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Don't see how this has anything to do with mission logic, but Win10 with the latest RTX2060 driver.

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
15 hours ago, Sybreed said:

I really, really hate to be that guy Rapidus, but can we hope to see some improvements towards AI priorities when doing ground attack missions? (you know, the problem being that AI will prioritize AA units with their bombs and waste cannon ammo on heavy tanks) I know this annoys a lot of SP players like myself and it would really double the number of fun and playable career aircrafts. Right now, only fighter careers are somewhat enjoyable.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm being pushy. It's just that it's been 2 patches since we reported the problem and I was hoping to see improvements there... I actually put IL-2 on hold until this is fixed.

Yes, that's right, the AI attacks primarily AA artillery (this is how the Attack Area command works). And as I said earlier, the development of career mode and AI is included in the development plan. 

P.S. Thank you for your detailed report.

Brief description:  All wingmen/women return to base after first waypoint

Detailed description, conditions:   Kuban career, same as the last bug report above (Daytime flying now fixed, thanks!).  When I fly the earlier of the two evening/night missions, as each of my flight reach the first waypoint they drop bombs and turn back to base.  This does not occur if I fly the later of the two missions.  I tried multiple loadouts, including the default to check to see if the weight of the aircraft was an issue, but nothing changes.  They always RTB after they reach waypoint 1.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  What can I provide?  I recorded the last mission (the 3rd) just as they started to break off from home.  I'm not sure what files you will need to investigate.  Let me know, and I'll attach them.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Irrelevant again.

EDIT

It now appears to happen with every mission.  Just started the next mission, in air start, and the flight starts calling RTB.

Edited by Noisemaker
2 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Yes, that's right, the AI attacks primarily AA artillery (this is how the Attack Area command works). And as I said earlier, the development of career mode and AI is included in the development plan. 

P.S. Thank you for your detailed report.

Thank you for the update! Can't wait to see what's coming!

Brief description: Kuban Yak career; my pilot's name is removed from 2nd and 3rd mission of the day.

Detailed description: I have recently started a Yak-9 career and halfway through (after 2 months of operation probably ?), I stopped being awarded medals despite some obvious achievements and I got no promotion. I also noticed that it is impossible to retrace my achievements for a given day before a certain date (in the "Planning Room"; the screen just freezes). The most significant issue if my pilot is not scheduled for the first sortie of the day, I can't fly, because the name of my pilot is systematically removed from the second or third sortie of the day (3rd sorties rarely happen), even if he initially appears on the list of those supposed to fly the missions. I have encountered a similar problem in the past with a FW190A3 career.

_gen.rar

Thank you for paying attention to this. 

Edited by Cleo9

Hi, me again, minor bug this time.

Brief description: Misattribution of kills

Detailed description, conditions:  During a campaign mission I shot down an HE-111.  Upon shooting the HE-111 to the point that it decided to abort the mission, it dropped its bombs.  After landing, I was awarded a bonus for shooting down a transport aircraft, not a bomber.  Now, I guess all bombers could be considered transport aircraft, as they transport the bombs from point a to point b, but I kind of depend on those extra 500 Rubles, especially with Natalya's child on the way.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): What should I attach?  I'll have to wait until the next time it happens, as I've flown some missions since and didn't record or screenshot anything.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Irrelevant as always.

5 hours ago, Noisemaker said:

Hi, me again, minor bug this time.

Brief description: Misattribution of kills

Detailed description, conditions:  During a campaign mission I shot down an HE-111.  Upon shooting the HE-111 to the point that it decided to abort the mission, it dropped its bombs.  After landing, I was awarded a bonus for shooting down a transport aircraft, not a bomber.  Now, I guess all bombers could be considered transport aircraft, as they transport the bombs from point a to point b, but I kind of depend on those extra 500 Rubles, especially with Natalya's child on the way.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): What should I attach?  I'll have to wait until the next time it happens, as I've flown some missions since and didn't record or screenshot anything.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Irrelevant as always.

@-DED-Rapidus, this bug has been around for a while. To add to his report, when a Soviet pilot shoots down a Ju 52 in career mode, he is not awarded the Transport Plane Kill Bonus (award 101027 in the config files.).

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, LukeFF said:

@-DED-Rapidus, this bug has been around for a while. To add to his report, when a Soviet pilot shoots down a Ju 52 in career mode, he is not awarded the Transport Plane Kill Bonus (award 101027 in the config files.).

Ju 52s in career mode? Never seen any. 

• 3 weeks later...

Brief description:

In a career mission, if the player doesn't own a particular airplane, then, as a commander, he cannot assign that airplane to an AI.

Detailed description, conditions:

This only happen if one unit has at least two possible airplanes available, and at least one is not owned by the player.

For instance during the Kuban career, as a commander of the 6th 'Sevastopolsky' one would have both yak 7b and yak 1b ser. 127 available.

Say I don't own the yak-1b ser. 127, as a player I cannot obviously select it to fly. But I cannot even select it as a plane for an Ai pilot!

This also means that, as the AI is getting shot down at a very unrealistic rate very soon there won't be any yak7b available and therefore I will not be able,

as a player, to fly any missions until yak7b are replenished.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

none

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

N/A

• 3 weeks later...

Brief description: Users made scripted campaigns dont work.

Detailed description, conditions: Hi! I have tried to play 2 user made campaigns (Panzerknacker and Fire and Ice) a they dont work. They apper in the campaigns menu, but when I tried to start a mission, and clicked start, nothing happens. I installed them manually and using content downloader, but the same problem happened equally. I have all Great battles maps except FC and TC, and all paid campaigns for them, and all worked perfectly. I'm using steam version of the game. I'll really thank you if you could help me with this problem, please.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 10, Steam version of the game.

campaing problem.jpg

• Thanks 1

Very minor bug...

Brief description: QMB - Wrong mission type on Velikie Luki, Winter 1942-43.

Detailed description: In quick mission builder, when choosing the Velikie Luki Winter map, there seemingly is a wrong mission type. The mission in the South-Western part above the lakes is a free flight (with another free flight mission being close-by). In the Summer version of the map there is a skirmish type mission in this spot (and the only mission that differs in type between the Summer and Winter maps).

• Thanks 1

Brief description: Recon aircraft intercept missions leading to nowhere

Detailed description: In the career mode, when flying for the I./JG 11, based in Wiesbaden- Erbenheim, in the Bodenplatte career, in Missions to intercept recon aircrafts, the flight at some point goes out of the mission to intercept the enemy aircraft and simply fly to the end of the map as you can see in the screenshot below

20201009010359_1.thumb.jpg.cb0ca4072ecc1badbf32ec96147b2232.jpg

Edited by Yogiflight

Brief description: Moscow career, player removed from afternoon sorties

Detailed description, conditions: Moscow campaign, Vnukovo, 34th IAP PVO, december 1941, Player is first-leutenant and deputy commander.

Player is only allowed to fly when he's assigned to the 1st (morning) sortie. Whenever Player is assigned to the 2nd (afternoon) sortie, Player is always replaced by somebody else after the morning sortie and, consequently, can't fly at all that day. Seems to happen all the time in that campaign. Bug or feature?

1131582839_kp.thumb.png.4861d38ecf14bd7388768fad39f9c2e4.png1473466913_kp.thumb.png.074f9f7ba19c0b3957536a1174652fbd.png1485373646_kp.thumb.png.225e466755acd823aeec98277a60ea66.png

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): 4.501

• 2 weeks later...

Brief Description: Constant calling out of target destruction in ground attack missions

Detailed description: The player's pilot is still constantly calling out, that he destroyed a target, for minutes, after he killed a ground target. This happens in career mode missions as well as in PWCG missioins. From what I remember, it only happens after the destruction of ground targets, not when the player kills aircrafts.

The calling out often goes on for about five minutes, which is absolutely annoying.

Please have a look at that.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@Yogiflight, Yes, there is such a problem, we managed to reproduce it and I hope that we will fix it soon.

Thanks for answering, Rapidus. I am looking very much forward to a fix.

Did you already look into the issue, I mentioned two posts above? (octobre 9)

@-DED-Rapidus, I hope it is the correct file. Let me know, if you need something else.

I don't know, if it helps, but according to the cockpit clock, we changed heading, to go for the edge of the map, at 08:15 AM, looking at the map showed the blue patrol sign, where we should intercept the Recon aircraft, had disappeared at that point.

_gen.Mission.zip

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Brief description:

In Quick mission crew of the AI C-47A is protrudinq through the surface of fuselage
Detailed description, conditions:

The glitch occures in quick mission where player aircraft is escorting AI C-47A. The glitch is visible when player flies Hurricane, P-40, P-39, Spitfire Mk.V, P-47D-22 and  russian aircraft (Yaks, La-5, La-5FN, LaGG-3). When flying P-51, Spitfire Mk.IX and Tempest, all is OK.

See screenshot
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Win 10; i9-9900K;RT 2080Ti; 32GB

2020_11_7__19_23_8.jpg

That´s one thing I did not check. I had Three mods, activated by JSGME - Data, RAF&Luft Revised pilot uniform V2 and KUBAN_desert. When de-activated them, all is OK. Thank you for the reply and sorry for bothering you with a problem, I myself introduced to my game. I´ll be more careful to coplain abou a "bug" next time. Have nice day!

• Thanks 1
On 8/19/2020 at 5:13 PM, Noisemaker said:

Brief description:  All wingmen/women return to base after first waypoint

Detailed description, conditions:   Kuban career, same as the last bug report above (Daytime flying now fixed, thanks!).  When I fly the earlier of the two evening/night missions, as each of my flight reach the first waypoint they drop bombs and turn back to base.  This does not occur if I fly the later of the two missions.  I tried multiple loadouts, including the default to check to see if the weight of the aircraft was an issue, but nothing changes.  They always RTB after they reach waypoint 1.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  What can I provide?  I recorded the last mission (the 3rd) just as they started to break off from home.  I'm not sure what files you will need to investigate.  Let me know, and I'll attach them.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Irrelevant again.

EDIT

It now appears to happen with every mission.  Just started the next mission, in air start, and the flight starts calling RTB.

Same issue again.  Was briefly fixed, but now back.  Makes U2 campaigns unplayable.

Mission file attached.

_gen.rar

Brief description : Bomber run within held territory

Detailed description : Hurricane career, Moscow. Bomber escort missions are often within held territory. No "pockets of resistance " involved here... just plain f***??up. It happens regularly. Out of 10 or 11 missions so far in career mode, it happened 3 times.

You will understand obviously that in such missions, nothing happens : you escort the Pe-2's  to the target... They bomb the target... And you return home... There are no E/A to be encountered. Zzzzzzz...

bomberrun.jpg

Edited by Cleo9
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Cleo9 said:

Brief description : Bomber run within held territory

Detailed description : Hurricane career, Moscow. Bomber escort missions are often within held territory. No "pockets of resistance " involved here... just plain f***??up. It happens regularly. Out of 10 or 11 missions so far in career mode, it happened 3 times.

You will understand obviously that in such missions, nothing happens : you escort the Pe-2's  to the target... They bomb the target... And you return home... There are no E/A to be encountered. Zzzzzzz...

bomberrun.jpg

Thanks - I was able to reproduce the issue and will report it.

• Thanks 1