BlackSix

Quick mission, campaign and single missions

Brief description: No kills credited
Detailed description, conditions: I just flew a mission in an I16 on normal difficulty in the 3rd chapter of the Moscow campaign. The mission was to intercept enemy attack aircraft. I bounced and murdered the 109E-7s and then fought off the -F2s that came out to see what the hubbub is all about. I scored at least three kills and two partials. My wingmen were present and I brought them all back home (proud of that!) However, in the debriefing, though a succesful mission was logged, NO kills were credited! None! Well that had me cussin up a blue streak!
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): If you need em i'll hunt em down and post em. Didnt take screenies.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): win 10, latest drivers, geforce 1070 and a rift.

Brief description:

After a campaign mission, a blank map is shown with no mission icon, the user profile is reset.

If I exit IL-2 and launch it again, the previous state is restored, the mission is not taken into account.

Detailed description:

version 2.008

steps:

- launched IL-2

- launched a campaign mission ("regular" non-historical interception mission, BoS, part 1, chapter 1, aircraft La-5)

- completed the mission and landed the aircraft successfully

- quit mission

- mission debried screen shows correct results

- closed mission debrief

- tried to select another mission

=> blank map

- quit IL-2

- launched IL-2

=> profile state is restored as it was before the mission

Other log details have been put in a separate thread.

I had that a few times, in both campaigns BoM and BoS.

Likely as Redglyph.

Brief description: After the mission complete of campaign, campaign don't progress.

Detailed description, conditions:  Sometimes, when complete and finish the campaign mission, point becomes zero and rank becomes lowest.  After exit and restart BoS, number of sorties, mission success and victries are reset to right value (include the score of the last mission)​, but exp point don't increase and campaign don't progress. Yesterday that occur in an I-16 mission and today occur in 2 missions of  Bf109E-7.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): ​Windows 10, Kaspelsky internet security

Brief description: Ships on Stalingrad (Summer) when flying quick mission spawn stuck in ground
Detailed description, conditions: Stalingrad Summer, all ground units activated 
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127655326

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127654621

Edited by EskaloniToni

Brief description: Ships on Stalingrad (Summer) when flying quick mission spawn stuck in ground

Detailed description, conditions: Stalingrad Summer, all ground units activated 

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127655326

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127654621

Need a mission or track

Need a mission or track

Sorry, but what do you mean?

It happens when you select the Kalach Airport on Stalingrad Summer in the free flight mode without any specific mission.

But only the large ships seem to be bugged. The smaller ones spawn perfectly fine.

Brief description: The skins specified in the mission editor don't show up for player.
Detailed description, conditions:  When making a single player mission in the editor, the skins specified for the AI planes show up ok for in the mission, but not for the player. Before patch 2.012 the skins specified for the player would be pre-loaded and could be changed before the mission began in the game. Now the default skin shows up and the skin selected in the full mission editor is not pre-loaded. 
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): ​See signature, Windows 10.

If I may, an additional detail on JM bug report (thank you for initiating this)

Brief description: The skins specified in the mission editor don't show up for player when there is a user skin in the data/graphics/skins/(plane)/ directory.

Detailed description, conditions:  When making a single player mission in the editor, the skins specified for the AI planes show up ok for in the mission, but not for the player. Before patch 2.012 the skins specified for the player would be pre-loaded and could be changed before the mission began in the game. Now the default skin shows up and the skin selected in the full mission editor is not pre-loaded, when there is a user skin in the data/graphics/skins/(plane)/ directory  (NB: it works in any case for AI planes)

Brief description: The skins specified in the mission editor don't show up for player.
Detailed description, conditions:  When making a single player mission in the editor, the skins specified for the AI planes show up ok for in the mission, but not for the player. Before patch 2.012 the skins specified for the player would be pre-loaded and could be changed before the mission began in the game. Now the default skin shows up and the skin selected in the full mission editor is not pre-loaded. 
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): ​See signature, Windows 10.

I started on the runway in QMB Krasnodar-1 airfield. The flak emplacement is an enemy and will kill you before takeoff.

The BoM single mission to attack convoy description says Il-2 mod 41 but it uses Il-2 mod 42 when you play the mission.

Description: Choosing opponent 'Random Plane' continually spawns identical plane.

Don't know if it's a bug but if you choose 'Random Allied/Axis Plane' as the opponent in the QMB then once you've shot down the first e.g. Stuka then every subsequent plane will be a Stuka. Shouldn't they be random?

A little problem in the fast/quick mission builder;

If I change any weather parameters (wind force, time of day, etc...) then it became impossible to start on the runway or parked only at 300m altitude or more!

One must quit the quick mission builder and then it is possible to again to choose to start parked or from the runway.

I only tried this on the Kuban map maybe it does work on other maps. :salute:

Brief description: Starting rank in career mode incorrect?
Detailed description, conditions:

When starting the career mode for the Luftwaffe,

- selecting "From the start" gives a starting rank of Major, the highest one

- selecting "By appointment" gives a starting rank of Oberfeldwebel, the lowest one

I see no documentation or user guide so we have to guess how it works, but from the description I'm expecting the other way around.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): (bmp file, too big, refused by the forum)
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

IL-2 3.001, Windows 7 Pro 64 bits

Brief description: New career, won't start

Detailed description, conditions:  Created a new career, Soviet side, Battle of Moscow.  Clicked on "Next Day", whereby it showed the Date/Unit/Weather.  Noticed the Unit said: "Unit: 495th IAP PVO at null airfield".  Clicked "Continue", then "Proceed", and an error dialog popped up, showing "Automission start failed"

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 7 SP1 64bit, i5-2500K 3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 970 4GB VRAM, Samsung 128GB SSD, running IL2 BoX 3.001

Edited by AKA_Relent

VERSION 3.001

1) Shooting down a Ju-88 Bomber gets me a Kill Transport medal, not Kill Bomber

2) Mission Successful is displayed in French, not English

• Upvote 1

Brief description: Own Flight won't take off

Detailed description, conditions: New Career Mode, Game version 3.001 option set to start on runway.

Mission loads fine, all planes are standing on the runway, flare is being shot but flight leader makes no attempt at all to take off.

Career with the HE111

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Needed?
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): i5 2500k@3,8GhZ, 16GB RAM, 760TI, Win 7

Edited by ToBr79
more infos

Brief description: gun pods on Bf 109 F2 not visible in campaign mode

Detailed: Just started new career, took off on first mission on Moscow campaign. Aircraft comes with gun pods as it's a attack on Il-2's, but they are not visible. I suppose they do work, as gun sound is a lot different than with standard, but they're just not shown.

Win 7, GTX970, FX4300, 16GB of RAM.

Environment: IL-2 version 3.001, Win10x64

Brief description: Career mode : continually grounded when in a JU-52 Squadron
Detailed description, conditions: when the pilot is in a JU-52 squadron doing transport missions. as they only require 1 pilot only the NPCs get assigned and the player is constantly grounded, day after day. tested for a game-week in the Kuban career. Each day 3 missions are generated, assigned to AI pilots, and my pilot is left with visiting the nearby village to drink with the locals. might be realistic, but probably not intended :)

EDIT: Day 20, Hans Peters is flying two missions, some other bloke is flying the third one. I didn't get any assignment so far. I'll now delete this career.

Edited by ratheadDweezilMoon
copied the Environment line from somebody else and didn't notice that the Winver was wrong.

Brief description: "Mission Save Error"
Detailed description, conditions: During career completed mission objective, landed plane, finished mission but during saving game said "Mission Save Error" Trying to load the career character again gives the same error, can't continue career.
Win 8.1, GTX 1060 nvidia drivers 391.01, i7 3770, 12 gb ram

15 hours ago, Gubernub said:

Brief description: "Mission Save Error"
Detailed description, conditions: During career completed mission objective, landed plane, finished mission but during saving game said "Mission Save Error" Trying to load the career character again gives the same error, can't continue career.
Win 8.1, GTX 1060 nvidia drivers 391.01, i7 3770, 12 gb ram

Same bug for me. I can´t cointinue in career

German career JG52 Kuban map. (moderate career speed progress)

2018_3_17__19_57_43.jpg

2018_3_17__19_57_46.jpg

Brief description: "Dead are alive" ;).
Detailed description, conditions: KIA or MIA squadron members can fly another mission the same day in career mode. 

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Win10, GTX 1070 nvidia drivers 391.01, i5 7600k, 16 gb ram

20180318171733_1.jpg

• Like 1

Brief description: C.202 AI aircraft in Moscow campaign
Detailed description, conditions: During a mission in the Moscow campaign, first phase, taking off as part of a MiG-3 flight, 27 IAP, Klin, we were met with a number of C.202 controlled by the AI, when (as far as I know) the C.202 should only appear in the Moscow part of the campaign if the player selects to fly it as it was not operated in that area.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): -
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): W10, GTX 1050Ti, i5 7400, 8GB RAM

• Upvote 2

On 16/03/2018 at 9:08 AM, =38=Tatarenko said:

VERSION 3.001

1) Shooting down a Ju-88 Bomber gets me a Kill Transport medal, not Kill Bomber

+1, same for me.

Edited by daveo132

16 minutes ago, daveo132 said:

+1, same for me.

Same here.

A-20 career

Kuban

Difficulty: moderate

Edited by 216th_Cat

Brief description: Black Screen on Single Player Mission finish (instead of Mission Selection Menu)
Detailed description, conditions: About 50% of times, when finishing a single player mission instead of getting back to the mission selection screen, all I get is a black screen.

_gui.log shows:

Error: Error: Error #1023: Stack overflow occurred.
	at set fwx.date::FWXDate/second()
	at set fwx.date::FWXDate/sec ...<truncated>

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 10 Pro, GTX 970, i5 2500K, 16 GB RAM

Same issue for me, 

When I click "finish" on a mission campaign (Battle of Moscow, Ju52) : black screen with loading mouse animation (I can still control my mouse). Happens 2 times, I can not continue my campaign, I have completed so far 2 missions.

My config: intel core 2 duo E8600 3.33 ghz, 8gb ram , nvidia gtx670

_gui.log.err : at the end of this file I have found this , but I am not sure it is related to that issue

Spoiler

Error: Error: Error #1023: Stack overflow occurred.
    at set fwx.date::FWXDate/sec ...<truncated>

2018_3_20__19_59_34.jpg

Edited by 1./TG1_Nil

Brief description:  Career mode, airfield text in briefing showing as "null"
Detailed description, conditions:  It would seem that in the briefing window that the airfield name text field is not showing up correctly, rather than the name of the airfield, the unit is reported as "at null airfield".   Date and unit shown in the attached screenshot.  (I'm loving the career mode, it is excellent, I'm just hoping to help.)

null_af_bug.thumb.jpg.48f4063d25fe2ffa8fe86af1a153d51b.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TsZvA32.jpg
Windows 10 64-bit

Edited by Falkenstein
  • Upvote 3

Brief description:  Career mode, A-20 career in Kuban from Adler, crash of flight into mountain peak.
Detailed description, conditions:  During the return from a the bombing objective of a railway station near Novorossiysk, as the way points back along an inland route reduced altitude, we were in among the mountains, and finally this resulted in all but one of my flight flying into a mountain top at the location specified. second screen shot demonstrates that the last way point is under 100 feet. Shouldn't return from target be conducted well above the mountains, then descend in the area of the airfield?  

20180321004016_1.jpg

20180321004032_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Brief description: Menu freezes upon selecting 'restart campaign'.
Detailed description, conditions: My pilot was captured, so I want to restart the campaign. When I click 'restart' in the bottom left, a confirmation message pops up, and when I click OK, nothing happens. The cursor turns into the loading wheel and can still be moved, and the music/gun sounds in the background continue playing normally, but nothing happens and I cannot click anything or cancel the operation. I've restarted my PC and tried it multiple times, once leaving it running for several hours, but the game freezes every time I try restarting the campaign. Starting a new campaign doesn't seem to have the same effect.
Additional assets: See attached image for screenshot. Name edited out for privacy reasons.
Your PC config data: I'm running Windows 10, and own only Battle of Stalingrad (neither Kuban nor Moscow). It's installed through Steam and is completely up to date (should be version 3.001).

Please let me know if you need any further information.

On ‎16‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 10:08 AM, =38=Tatarenko said:

I have this bug as well, but that doesn't bother me as much.

IL_2_BugReport.png

I posted this in another post in the forum, but I'm not sure where it belongs and someone suggested I post here.

Brief description: AI planes spin and crash during takeoff.

Detailed description, conditions:  I'm playing career mode as Germany in Kuban on Anapa field in a FW 190 A5. There's a flight of 8 of us and I'm the 6th plane back in the formation. When it's time for takeoff, all of the AI controlled planes start to takeoff then they spin all over the place and crash into each other. This happens any time I try this mission. I've seen other bug reports about AI and takeoff that are similar, but I wasn't sure if I should report this as a new bug. I'm not sure where to report bugs like these. This is the first time I've seen this problem.

You can see it here:

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 10

Original Post:

Brief description:  IL2 gunner shooting while dead
Detailed description, conditions:  Attacked IL2 1943 in Kuban Career killing gunner, but he continued firing a destroyed my engine.

2018_3_22__21_22_58.jpg

2018_3_22__21_24_27.jpg

2018_3_22__21_25_1.jpg

2018_3_22__21_26_46.jpg

On 3/18/2018 at 9:08 PM, 216th_Lucas_From_Hell said:

Brief description: C.202 AI aircraft in Moscow campaign
Detailed description, conditions: During a mission in the Moscow campaign, first phase, taking off as part of a MiG-3 flight, 27 IAP, Klin, we were met with a number of C.202 controlled by the AI, when (as far as I know) the C.202 should only appear in the Moscow part of the campaign if the player selects to fly it as it was not operated in that area.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): -
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): W10, GTX 1050Ti, i5 7400, 8GB RAM

This has happened again. Attached are the 'gen' files for the mission.

_gen macchi moskva.zip

In career mode, it seems if you are bail out before you're flight exits enemy territory, all AI still in flight from your squadron get reported as captured. 

129th IAP P-40 campaign on the Moscow map has a bugged mission, cover patrol for supply effort.  It calls a vector for intercept, than calls mission complete, the AI all split for home, than the enemy bombers and escort show up, it repeats the same way every time.  Sent on this same mission three different days, same result.

Brief Description: Escort fighters placed between the Hs 129 flight while waiting for takeoff

Detailed Brief Description: In my Hs 129 career on the beginning of the  Kuban battle, it happened sometimes, that, while my flight was waiting for takeoff from Anapa airfield, our escort fighters (Bf 109) popped up between our Hs 129s. This led of course to everyone crashing into another aircraft, when the takeoff run began. This happened four times out of approximately ten missions.

On 2018. 03. 22. at 10:42 PM, Voidhunger said:

Brief description:  IL2 gunner shooting while dead
Detailed description, conditions:  Attacked IL2 1943 in Kuban Career killing gunner, but he continued firing a destroyed my engine.

Already an issue in 2.01x with Bf-110.

2017_7_31__17_28_7b.jpg

2 issues with career:

Brief description: In career: when taking off from runway, flight leader often (about 50% of time) turns 180 degrees and crashes into aircraft in the row behind  

Detailed description, conditions: Career with 9th GIAP using Lagg-3 from Leninsk, 23rd Aug 42 ->

When flight leader goes to begin take-off run, he instead pivots and turns 180 degrees and then crashes into the Lagg in 2nd row.

This prevents other aircraft from taking off, and I then have to abort the mission.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): None
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Not a factor

Brief description:

Career: Flight leader speed set too high + no formation is possible

Career with 9th GIAP, using Lagg-3 from Leninsk, 23rd Aug 42 -> onwards. Flight leader/flight speed in most missions is set at 410 km/h (even when carrying bombs). On take-off flight leader goes straight towards target without pause for rest of flight to form up. This results in strung-out sequence of individual aircraft - NO FORMATION POSSIBLE.

Additionally, in order to keep up it is required to run engine at MAX power with ensuing cooling issues.   

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): None

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Not an issue in this case.

Edited by kendo

On 18/03/2018 at 6:52 PM, Plesski said:

Brief description: "Dead are alive" ;).
Detailed description, conditions: KIA or MIA squadron members can fly another mission the same day in career mode. 

Same issue, also with a  109-E7 squadron

2018_4_1__9_7_41.jpg

Brief description: In Quick Mission my FW-190 A-5 has rear part of its canopy on the ground.
In Quick Mission (settings: no enemy airplanes, all ground targets checked-on, Garand skin, default armament, start from parked) my FW-190 A-5 has rear part of its canopy moved to the ground. This started happening after I selected overcast weather, it started raining and I clicked F2 for an external view. 

2 hours ago, WheelwrightPL said:

Brief description: In Quick Mission my FW-190 A-5 has rear part of its canopy on the ground.
Detailed description, conditions: In Quick Mission (settings: no enemy airplanes, all ground targets checked-on, Garand skin, default armament, start from parked) my FW-190 A-5 has rear part of its canopy moved to the ground. This started happening after I selected overcast weather, it started raining and I clicked F2 for an external view. 

Please ignore the above, in my noobiness I set "E" key to eject. Unfortunately "E" is also doing an engine start so it was ejecting my canopy and starting an engine at the same time.

However, it would be nice to have a warning when a key is already taken. Almost every other game is already doing this: implementing this is trivial compared to flight physics and graphics  which are infinitely more complex. 

1 hour ago, WheelwrightPL said:

Please ignore the above, in my noobiness I set "E" key to eject. Unfortunately "E" is also doing an engine start so it was ejecting my canopy and starting an engine at the same time.

However, it would be nice to have a warning when a key is already taken. Almost every other game is already doing this: implementing this is trivial compared to flight physics and graphics  which are infinitely more complex. 

There is a little box in the key assignment that only shows if the key is also mapped to something else. Hover over the box to show what else is mapped.