BlackSix

Armament and equipment

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Way back when the Bf 110 E was in beta testing here, it was explained that the pilot isn't bothering to reset the ammo counters because it's distracting and would (in reality) take away his situational awareness. 

TBH I don't think so, as he doesn't have to look all the time at the counter, while turning the rotary knob. Every car driver does a lot of things more distracting, while driving through towns or on highways, without even thinking about, what could happen, so I don't think it would be too much of an issue. But as I wrote above, most likely noone really knows anymore how it was IRL, so it is good as it is. It was just my thoughts about it.

EDIT: Two things, I would like to see changed are the prop pitch currently being at 0%, when starting a mission in parking position at engine start, instead of 100%, like it is for any other aircraft, and that the lights at the ammo counter, showing the 20mm guns are ready for shooting don't turn on during engine start, like the lights for the four MG17s, when starting a mission at parking position

Edited by Yogiflight

2 hours ago, FAW-Tromplamort said:

I-16 canons shells lack smoke trail and have no tracer....

Il-2 2020-04-10 17-22-02.jpg

Shvak cannons didn't recieve tracer rounds until later in the war. The same is for the MiG-3 and IL-2 1941.

• Like 1

The "Photo" option is enabled when setting up each plane, but the cockpit photo is missing from the Camel and Pfalz. 

All of the other FC planes display a photo of a sweetheart in their cockpits, and I thought a photo used to be visible in the Camel and Pfalz, too, at least prior to 4.006 or 4.006b.

Or, perhaps my install is the only one missing a photo in the Camel and Pfalz?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlo-VR said:

It's been reported as an issue.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Charlo-VR said:

The "Photo" option is enabled when setting up each plane, but the cockpit photo is missing from the Camel and Pfalz. 

All of the other FC planes display a photo of a sweetheart in their cockpits, and I thought a photo used to be visible in the Camel and Pfalz, too, at least prior to 4.006 or 4.006b.

fixed in next version.

• Thanks 2

Brief description: 

LA5FN cannons bug

Detailed description, conditions:

I flew LA5FN for the first time in my russian career (Kuban) and in the first mission, the cannons inflicted 0 damage. I emptied the 340 rounds on a 190, no damage done. I restarted, changed the ammo config and same problem. I then just finished the mission and the guns were ok in the next mission (against He111).

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

Brief description: 

LA5FN cannons bug

I flew LA5FN for the first time in my russian career (Kuban) and in the first mission, the cannons inflicted 0 damage. I emptied the 340 rounds on a 190, no damage done. I restarted, changed the ammo config and same problem. I then just finished the mission and the guns were ok in the next mission (against He111).

I don't think it's a bug - the FW190 is quite a tough plane and yes, you need to be precise when aiming - best you aim for the cockpit or engine. And this in very close range.

All other planes are easier to bring down. I also did some testing with only explosive rounds (orange belts) - absolutely deadly if placed correctly.

Edited by -=-THERION

12 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

I don't think it's a bug - the FW190 is quite a tough plane and yes, you need to be precise when aiming - best you aim for the cockpit or engine. And this in very close range.

All other planes are easier to bring down. I also did some testing with only explosive rounds (orange belts) - absolutely deadly if placed correctly.

Listen, I can down 3 or even 4 FW190 in a Yak 1 or LaGG3 before running out of cannon.

I emptied 340 rounds on a 190 (under 150 meters) and there wasnt a single trace of damage on it, not a single hole. Also, with the current DM the 190 is not that tough. I didnt post this because I got angry at a plane not going down after I ran out of ammo, I posted it because I experienced a bug where my shells did absolutely 0 damage, like it was air. I have been playing this game for a while, first time I have ever seen this. Next mission, 4 He111 shot down with very visible damage on them.

14 hours ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

Brief description: 

LA5FN cannons bug

I will ask you to attach the _gen.mission file from the \data\mission \ folder. (perhaps the enemy appears with the invulnerability flag, we need to see the mission)