Armament and equipment

• 1CGS
14 hours ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

Brief description: 

LA5FN cannons bug

Detailed description, conditions:

I flew LA5FN for the first time in my russian career (Kuban) and in the first mission, the cannons inflicted 0 damage. I emptied the 340 rounds on a 190, no damage done. I restarted, changed the ammo config and same problem. I then just finished the mission and the guns were ok in the next mission (against He111).

I will ask you to attach the _gen.mission file from the \data\mission \ folder. (perhaps the enemy appears with the invulnerability flag, we need to see the mission)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Brief description:

Reload Human Gunner fail

Detailed description, conditions:

if you operate the human gunner, they do not reload, for weapons with drum magazines

testet in all Axis Planes with Drum Magazine

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

no

• Upvote 1
On 11/30/2020 at 12:20 PM, JG4_Widukind said:

if you operate the human gunner, they do not reload, for weapons with drum magazines

testet in all Axis Planes with Drum Magazine

41 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

LAlt+R key combination.

OK guys, what I just found out is a bit weird. Widukind, you will have to change your game's language to 'English' and then go to 'Weapons control' in the 'Settings'. Scroll down to the command 'Reload turret guns'. This command reloads defensive weapons. The command 'Reload all weapons' (Alle Geschütze nachladen) only reloads mainguns, will say the MG/FFMs of the Bf 110 E2.

The command 'Reload turret guns' (Turmgeschütze nachladen) is missing, when the game's language is set to German.

This is strange. I just tried it again, this time with the 110 E2 and the 111 H6, and in both aircrafts it worked. I am using the same key for both reload commands, just in case it has something to do with the issue.

The controls for reloading the drum weapons / rear gunner can now be found under the Tank Settings "Reload guns" So it is in the wrong menu, this should be added back to the general Weapon Settings.

I have now assigned that in the Panzer menu, and the rear gunner loads the next magazine

Edited by JG4_Widukind

Brief description:

Cannot reload main guns in a plane if "Binoculars" key is pressed
Detailed description, conditions:  

Flying in FC I've lately noticed the inability to reload my guns after a misfire if I've already reloaded them once during the flight. After a good while of testing and trying to figure out what was causing the issue, I found the issue is that I have "Binoculars" key for tank use mapped to the same key as "Reload all guns" for planes and pressing this key completely disables reloading in a plane when in cockpit view (as if I was busy using binoculars, but it's a plane so no binoculars), reloading working fine in external view.

7 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@Rothary, we must first remove the binoculars, then reload. we have two hands)

But this is in Flying Circus flying a plane. Binoculars are available only to tank commanders, so pressing the "Binoculars" key while flying a plane does not equip binoculars, but it does disable reloading as if I was actually using the binoculars, even though as a pilot I don't even have binoculars to equip.

This is exactly why I had "Reload all weapons" and "Binoculars" mapped to the same key, because those two keybinds shouldn't conflict with each other since one is for planes only and the other for tanks only.

• 1CGS
12 hours ago, Rothary said:

This is exactly why I had "Reload all weapons" and "Binoculars" mapped to the same key,

You may have this set up, but by default they are on different keys (Ctrl+5 -binoculars, Alt+R-recharge). As you can see, it is difficult to confuse them. 

9 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

You may have this set up, but by default they are on different keys (Ctrl+5 -binoculars, Alt+R-recharge). As you can see, it is difficult to confuse them. 

I know but the bug I'm reporting is that pressing the binoculars key (even as the default Ctrl-5) in a plane shouldn't do anything, but it still disables reloading as if I was using binoculars, even though it does not equip binoculars in a plane.

For example if a player was to accidentally press the binoculars key, they wouldn't even realize it as it doesn't do anything in a plane. Except later theyd notice they're unable to reload their guns for no apparent reason. It took me months to figure out the cause of this was indeed the binoculars key, which I had mapped to the same key as reloading, since the reload key does nothing in a tank (plane-only action) and the binoculars key should do nothing in a plane (tank-only action), so having these two actions mapped to the same key shouldn't cause an issue, but it does.

Ctrl-5 in a tank equips binoculars.

Ctrl-5 in a plane does not equip binoculars, but it does disable reloading.

12 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

What if there is a controlled ship? )))  there is no point in multiplying options for one option.

What I described there was the bug I'm reporting. I assume there's a bit of a language barrier here so I'll try to explain it as simple as I can:

How the game works:

Ctrl-5 equips binoculars.

In this game, only tank commanders have binoculars.

Therefore pressing Ctrl-5 as a pilot should do nothing, because pilots do not have binoculars.

The bug I'm reporting: 

Pressing Ctrl-5 as a pilot indeed does not equip binoculars, but the game thinks it does and blocks the player from reloading their weapons until "Remove personal weapon" key is pressed. 

You can try this for yourself in the game, maybe it'll help you understand the issue I'm reporting.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a flight in a WW1 plane.

2. Press "Reload all weapons" key as many times as you want. The guns will reload every time.

3. Press Ctrl-5 ("Binoculars" key). Nothing will happen, because pilots do not have binoculars.

4. Press "Reload all weapons" key again, now guns won't reload (bug).

5. Press "Remove personal weapon" key. Again nothing will happen because no personal weapon or binoculars were equipped.

6. Press "Reload all weapons" key again. Guns will reload just fine again.

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
3 hours ago, Rothary said:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a flight in a WW1 plane.

2. Press "Reload all weapons" key as many times as you want. The guns will reload every time.

3. Press Ctrl-5 ("Binoculars" key). Nothing will happen, because pilots do not have binoculars.

4. Press "Reload all weapons" key again, now guns won't reload (bug).

5. Press "Remove personal weapon" key. Again nothing will happen because no personal weapon or binoculars were equipped.

6. Press "Reload all weapons" key again. Guns will reload just fine again

Thank you, Yes apparently I misunderstood, I'm looking at that WTR.

Yes, it was confirmed. thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

The Hurricane has 3 fuel tanks, Reserve/Centre , Port and Starboard.

There is a little switch above the gauge that shows which tank is being looked at by the gauge, it automatically switches about every 25 seconds in level flight.

The gauge works for me.

Edited by Black-Witch
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Brief description:

Bug with Dive Recovery System (DRS) buzzer in Ju88

Using the DRS everything works as it should; set the desired drop altitude on the contact altimeter, engage DRS, perform the dive-bombing attack, drop bombs when the buzzer stops, pull out of the dive and turn off the DRS.

However, if the player then climbs back up through the altitude set for the bomb drop the buzzer sounds again, and will not stop unless the plane goes below the altitude set once more, whether DRS is engaged or not.

This happens even if the player has not made a bomb drop, but merely switched on the DRS on the ground before takeoff. As soon as the plane climbs through the bomb drop altitude the buzzer sounds.

The buzzer should not sound when climbing, whether DRS is switched on or not. This effect does not happen with the Ju87, the bug is confined to the Ju88.

• Thanks 1

Brief description:  The bomb sight is a buggy with the Hp Reverb g1
Detailed description, conditions: The bomb sights do not work as desired or at all in vr mode. There are several bugs included. Initially the bomber place cannot be reached unless you tap the full screen map on and off while the screen has a black background and text: waiting for data. 

Everything works normally in 2d view.

Untitled3.thumb.png.acdb1c65e11752ee21781cd0705a0d86.png

Untitled5.png

Untitled1.png

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
15 hours ago, Hartigan said:

Brief description:  The bomb sight is a buggy with the Hp Reverb g1
Detailed description, conditions: The bomb sights do not work as desired or at all in vr mode. There are several bugs included. Initially the bomber place cannot be reached unless you tap the full screen map on and off while the screen has a black background and text: waiting for data. 

Everything works normally in 2d view.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, 216th_Cat said:

Brief description:

Bug with Dive Recovery System (DRS) buzzer in Ju88

Using the DRS everything works as it should; set the desired drop altitude on the contact altimeter, engage DRS, perform the dive-bombing attack, drop bombs when the buzzer stops, pull out of the dive and turn off the DRS.

However, if the player then climbs back up through the altitude set for the bomb drop the buzzer sounds again, and will not stop unless the plane goes below the altitude set once more, whether DRS is engaged or not.

This happens even if the player has not made a bomb drop, but merely switched on the DRS on the ground before takeoff. As soon as the plane climbs through the bomb drop altitude the buzzer sounds.

The buzzer should not sound when climbing, whether DRS is switched on or not. This effect does not happen with the Ju87, the bug is confined to the Ju88.

Thank you, I'll check it out.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:22 PM, Black-Witch said:

The Hurricane has 3 fuel tanks, Reserve/Centre , Port and Starboard.

There is a little switch above the gauge that shows which tank is being looked at by the gauge, it automatically switches about every 25 seconds in level flight.

The gauge works for me.

Shame on me. I was looking at the Oxygen Tank and not the Fuel tank. Fuel tank works perfectly.

I tested the Oxygen tank by flying at 21000 feet where you have to use oxygen. And just incredible the oxygen tank gauge works perfectly well too.

Good job devs. All is fine.

Edited by IckyATLAS
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately there are always problems with the bomb dropping sequence with the Jabo versions as an example the new one: Fw190 A6 G3 Choice of bombs: 3xSc250 Single throw possible: -Yes Discard all: -Yes Switch wing bombs in a pair according to: -Yes Left wing bombs with fuselage bombs or right wing bombs with fuselage bombs make no sense at all because you then fly to the left or right wing with a remaining bomb. Nobody would want that because, firstly, you are subject to an increased risk of stalling and, secondly, it is unearodynamic. We come to the G3R5 armament as an example here 8xSC70 Single throw possible: -yes Discard all: -no 3 bombs remain on the fuselage support (ER), which are only dropped by pressing the bomb release again. That makes no sense because you should be able to throw them all off as a package. The order on the left and the fuselage carrier make no sense here. So what would be needed are: all in single throw hull bomb only only wing bombs 2x or 4x pairs all bombs at the same time Unfortunately, the FW190 A8 has had similar problems for a long time.

Brief description: guns do not fire after a few minutes in game
Detailed description, conditions: A month or so back i was flying the yak1b for some 30 minutes looking for targets on the virtualpilots server and just as i saw the first bomber and squizzed the trigger, nothing happened. Had a few issues with the pc after that and had to reinstall the windows. So today with a fresh instalation of the game i had the bug happen to me once angain, on the same server. This time, oddly enough early in game i shot a quick burst in a friendly by mistake ( sorry for that buddy ), after that, 10 min later i got on the 6 of a fw190 and squiezzed the trigger *poof* nothing happened. Landed, got another yak1b and fired a few shots on the runway just to check if guns work. Took of and 10 min later, guns not working again.

I tried assingning other keys to the guns, no dice. 

It only happened to me in multiplayer.

First thread on a forum sorry if i messed up.Just trying to be helpful here.

Cheers !
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): win 10, drivers up to date, Logitech X3D Pro. 

Brief description: FW 190 A6 G3/R5  The order in which the wing bombs are dropped

Detailed description:Discard order for the FW190 A6 G3 / R5 is the same for the wing bombs as for the A5 Jabo! There was a simplified electronic system for dropping weapons. This consisted of the ZSK 244 A igniter switch box installed as standard and the four-way indicator set on the auxiliary equipment panel, as well as two toggle switches on the left equipment bank. With this system, however, the bombs could only be dropped under the wing in pairs. If the pilot set the left switch to "On", he selected the two outer bombs under the wing, which he triggered with the B button on the top left of the control stick. With the switch on the right, he could then select the inner bombs analogously. In order to throw off the trunk load, both switches had to be set to "Off". (Source: Airplane Classic Extra, Focke Wulf FW 190 Part 3 from page 55)

in German:

Abwurfreihenfolge bei der FW190 A6 G3/R5
ist für die Flügelbomben die gleiche wie bei der A5 Jabo!

Für die Abwurfwaffen gab es eine vereinfachte Abwurfelektrik. Diese bestand aus dem serienmässig eingebauten Zünderschaltkasten ZSK 244 A und dem Vierfach-Schauzeichensatz auf der Hilfsgerätetafel, sowie aus zwei Kippschaltern auf der linken Gerätebank. Mit dieser Anlage konnte man die Bomben unter der Tragfläche allerdings nur paarweise abwerfen. Stellte der Pilot den linken Schalter auf „Ein“, wählte er die beiden äusseren Bomben unter der Tragfläche an, die er mit dem B-Knopf links oben am Steuerknüppel auslöste. Mit dem rechten Schalter konnte er dann analog die inneren Bomben auswählen. Um die Rumpflast abzuwerfen mussten beide Schalter auf „Aus“ stehen. (Quelle: Flugzeug Classic Extra, Focke Wulf FW 190 Teil 3 ab Seite 55)

So there was never an option to drop the wing bombs with the fuselage bomb at the same time, there is only the option to throw them in pairs (1x left and 1x right at the same time or all 4 wing bombs at the same time as with the A5 Jabo) The fuselage support ETC + ER on 4x50SC or 4x70SC had to be triggered individually for each bomb (the option to throw all bombs for the game would not be bad) Furthermore, the 2 toggle switches are switched on but are on "OFF". The lettering is wrong or the switches are wrong. I would also like to point out the FW 190 A8 F / G8, where the discarding order is not correct.

FW190A5(Jabo)2x50kg.png

• Upvote 1

Brief description:

It appears that the current ammo fired from a US 12,7x99 machine gun has a lighter projectile mass and fires it at a lower muzzle velocity then it should.

According to the game files each projectile has a weight of 41,9 grams or 646,6 grains, the best sources I was able to find list a projectile mass of between 706,7 and 708 grains roughly 45,8 grams for 12,7x99 AP ammo. While for 12,7x99 ball I could not find the exact projectile mass I did find the total cartridge mass to be nearly identical to that of the AP cartridge (1813 grains for ball versus 1812 grains for AP about 117 grams) while using the same propellent (WC860) and the same amount of it. 

The US 12,7x99 projectile in the game files is listed to have a velocity of 840 m/s or 2756 f/s (895 m/s or 2935 f/s from what I think is the Sherman's 45 inch gun). While the 45 inch has according to my source the correct velocity, the 36 inch gun would appear to be slightly slower then it should be. 

The source I have lists the 36 inch gun to have a muzzle velocity between 2810 f/s and 2835 f/s or 856 m/s and 864 m/s slightly faster then what is currently in game. 

From: Terminal ballistics data, volume III, bombs, artillery, mortar fire & rockets. PART 2

https://cgsc.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/p4013coll8/id/2374

79f565fee3d4ad323e3bff4586c1493d.png

From TECHNICAL MANUAL ARMY AMMUNITION DATA SHEETS SMALL CALIBER AMMUNITION FSC 1305 

Don't have a link for this document but have it on my drive and can supply it if requested.

c26ddcad6f117452ca8fdea9c3e91c3b.png

f1f8ccd5264b3b157bd925a8e6e0df44.png

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Win10 Pro

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11
On 2/19/2021 at 11:34 AM, JG4_Widukind said:

Brief description: FW 190 A6 G3/R5  The order in which the wing bombs are dropped

Detailed description:Discard order for the FW190 A6 G3 / R5 is the same for the wing bombs as for the A5 Jabo! There was a simplified electronic system for dropping weapons. This consisted of the ZSK 244 A igniter switch box installed as standard and the four-way indicator set on the auxiliary equipment panel, as well as two toggle switches on the left equipment bank. With this system, however, the bombs could only be dropped under the wing in pairs. If the pilot set the left switch to "On", he selected the two outer bombs under the wing, which he triggered with the B button on the top left of the control stick. With the switch on the right, he could then select the inner bombs analogously. In order to throw off the trunk load, both switches had to be set to "Off". (Source: Airplane Classic Extra, Focke Wulf FW 190 Part 3 from page 55)

in German:

Abwurfreihenfolge bei der FW190 A6 G3/R5
ist für die Flügelbomben die gleiche wie bei der A5 Jabo!

Für die Abwurfwaffen gab es eine vereinfachte Abwurfelektrik. Diese bestand aus dem serienmässig eingebauten Zünderschaltkasten ZSK 244 A und dem Vierfach-Schauzeichensatz auf der Hilfsgerätetafel, sowie aus zwei Kippschaltern auf der linken Gerätebank. Mit dieser Anlage konnte man die Bomben unter der Tragfläche allerdings nur paarweise abwerfen. Stellte der Pilot den linken Schalter auf „Ein“, wählte er die beiden äusseren Bomben unter der Tragfläche an, die er mit dem B-Knopf links oben am Steuerknüppel auslöste. Mit dem rechten Schalter konnte er dann analog die inneren Bomben auswählen. Um die Rumpflast abzuwerfen mussten beide Schalter auf „Aus“ stehen. (Quelle: Flugzeug Classic Extra, Focke Wulf FW 190 Teil 3 ab Seite 55)

So there was never an option to drop the wing bombs with the fuselage bomb at the same time, there is only the option to throw them in pairs (1x left and 1x right at the same time or all 4 wing bombs at the same time as with the A5 Jabo) The fuselage support ETC + ER on 4x50SC or 4x70SC had to be triggered individually for each bomb (the option to throw all bombs for the game would not be bad) Furthermore, the 2 toggle switches are switched on but are on "OFF". The lettering is wrong or the switches are wrong. I would also like to point out the FW 190 A8 F / G8, where the discarding order is not correct.

FW190A5(Jabo)2x50kg.png

Examble Videos:

FW190 A5 is correct droping

FW190 A6 is not correct:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Very nice!

I would like to briefly give a short version these are further up on the post or 1 page before:

Fw190 A5: only the labeling of the 2 switches for the wing preselection is wrong. When activated (On) they are on Off The bomb selection is correct and works. If you have an ETC + ER (4x50) you could only throw the bombs singly. In emergency throwing all bombs can be thrown individually.

FW190 A6: The A6 has exactly the same small electrical system as the A5, so it should be the same. So you can put the wing bombs in pairs of 2x50.70kg or throw 4x50.70Kg. You can throw the hull bomb individually.

Fw190 A8: Note: It had a large electrical system with pressure switches for each individual bomb. With the A8 you cannot drop wing bombs in pairs (2x250SCkg) or all 4 bombs (4x50.70kg).

I am at your disposal if you have any questions, thank you again and have a nice weekend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I highly recommend this book! There is tons of information about the F / G versions here. There are also many original documents included. Important for the wing bombs underlined in red! Examples:

1330579542_FW190F34x50paarweise.thumb.jpg.e156e8768082b354fe0d59ee85990e17.jpg

The Book:

Buch.jpg

so the Fw190 A5 Jabo is correct for the Dropbomb System.

2x or 4x in pairs If the switches (labeled wrongly in the game) are set to off, the hull bomb is selected.

look hier: red Stripe

FW190 F3 4x50 paarweise.jpg

• Upvote 1