BlackSix

Armament and equipment

1 час назад, melkarth сказал:

Brief description: Both SD70 on the Stuka's left wing are unaligned to the bomb rack.

Thanks. Fixed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

В 09.04.2018 в 10:16, Falco_Peregrinus сказал:

I found a small missing part in the C.202 .
Brief description: landing gear acoustic warning missing
Detailed description, conditions:  The aircraft built by Aeronautica Macchi had a quite interesting system for informing the pilot that the landing gear was not fully lowered before landing

I added to the list of improvements, maybe we will add a acoustic warning in future updates 

В 30.11.2018 в 05:00, Bert_Foster сказал:

Brief description:

Directional Gyro (DG) in Allied types incorrect/Inaccurate Operation

Detailed description, conditions:

The DG in the Spitfires,P47,P40 and A20 is bugged or modeled incorrectly. If you enter a turn at low bank angles say 10-20 degrees of bank the DG initially follows the turn but after around 60 degrees of heading change the DG compass card freezes. Then after you roll wings level the DG card remains frozen. After a a while (about 20 seconds) it suddenly starts moving and settles on the correct heading. This behavior is completely wrong.

The actual instrument has gimbal limits of 55 degrees in roll and 55 degrees in pitch. If the bank (and or pitch) is less than these values then the DG will accurately indicate heading throughout the turn and will NOT freeze.

If you exceed the gimbal limits the compass card IRL will actually start to spin until you again get back inside the gimbal limits. In this case heading is no longer accurate and would need to be re synchronized.

To fix I suggest simply allowing accurate heading to be displayed throughout a turn if Roll or Pitch is less than 55 degrees. If Roll or pitch goes beyond 55 degrees then make the compass card spin until you get back to less than 55 deg roll or pitch. The card should then stop spinning on whatever heading it is at and start rotating at the current turn rate. Then once the aircraft rolls wings level make the Sim synch to actual aircraft heading. Alternatively add another keybinding to Synch the DG to current heading ... this would be the better option.

В 01.12.2018 в 10:13, Bert_Foster сказал:

Brief description:
AFN2 Indicator does not provide usable information when flying away from the station.

AFN2 in the Sim only provides usable steering information when flying towards the NDB which is depicted correctly.

The AFN2 could IRL be used for homing to the ADF or Directly away from the ADF. This needs to be enabled in the SIM.

Homing Away from a station. IRL this could also be done however in this case the AFN2 needle is a command instrument and you fly towards the needle to centre it. From a pilots point of view the needles response is used to first determine if you are flying away or too the station. See Finnish notes in jpg that discuss how to resolve the 180 degree ambiguity. Of coure IRL basic Dead Reckoning  would most likely give you a fair idea if you are heading away or to the station.

Thank you for the information, we use this  in the further work on the game improvements.

• Thanks 1

K14 and British Gyro sight bug

I found this bug in another Sim so went to check in BOS/BOM/BOK and the same bug is here :)

Brief description: Both K14 and British Gyro Sight are not changing Gravity Drop as a function of range.

Detailed description, conditions: Select the Gyro sight then set range to minimum. Observe the gyro pipper on the gun cross. Then adjust range to maximum. Note the Gyro pipper remains centerd on the gun cross. It Shouldnt as range increases so does Gravity drop. The Gyro sight in real life allows for this. in the real sight as range is increased the Gyro pipper will drop below the gun cross as increased Gravity Drop is allowed for. See attached RAF Gyro Gunsight testing notes in image below.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Images depicting above description from the Sim and except from RAF manual, and TRK

For the Devs: EZ42 should exhibit same behaviour

Gyro_rng_GD_bug.jpg

K14GD.jpg

K14_GD.zip

Edited by Bert_Foster
extra info

Brief description:

Audio error on the He111H16 top gunner position

The H16 has no open-able canopy on its top turret like the H6 does, yet on the H16 when you switch to top turret position, you still hear the turret "open" like it would on the H6. On the top turret of the H16, you can also still hear the "swinging" gun platform from the H6.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

video linked below. 1st 111 is the H6, 2nd is the H16.  turn up volume to max.

Edited by =KG76=flyus747
Edit format

9 часов назад, =KG76=flyus747 сказал:

Audio error on the He111H16 top gunner position

Thanks, we will fix that

• Upvote 3

В 12.01.2019 в 23:05, Bert_Foster сказал:

K14 and British Gyro sight bug

I found this bug in another Sim so went to check in BOS/BOM/BOK and the same bug is here :)

Brief description: Both K14 and British Gyro Sight are not changing Gravity Drop as a function of range.

Detailed description, conditions: Select the Gyro sight then set range to minimum. Observe the gyro pipper on the gun cross. Then adjust range to maximum. Note the Gyro pipper remains centerd on the gun cross. It Shouldnt as range increases so does Gravity drop. The Gyro sight in real life allows for this. in the real sight as range is increased the Gyro pipper will drop below the gun cross as increased Gravity Drop is allowed for. See attached RAF Gyro Gunsight testing notes in image below.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Images depicting above description from the Sim and except from RAF manual, and TRK

Initially, we made a sight based on the description of the American K14, according in the description to the documents   this feature is disabled.
When we learned that the RAF version of the sight is different, the plane was already given to users.
This will be fixed, but only for the British Gyro sight, but so far I can not say when it will happen.
By the way, we do not have much information on British and German sights, we would be grateful if you have something reference and would send me. 

В 12.01.2019 в 23:05, Bert_Foster сказал:

For the Devs: EZ42 should exhibit same behaviour

We have a technical description and scheme  of the device, but so far it is not entirely clear how this exactly worked.

Best regards

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

I have supplied Viks with some detailed EZ42 material.

I don't believe the K14 is that different from the British GGS. The K14 was developed from the British sight. The GD correction in the British GGS is able to be set (at maintenance level) to support either 20mm or .50call

Every Gyro gunsight on the planet makes some adjustment for gravity drop as a function of target range ... if it didn't then the pipper would not represent bullet impact point at at target range. In the case of the Basic British sight (from which the K14/K18) was developed the sight provides dynamic Gravity drop corrections throughout the usable range. It would be possible to allow a constant mean value of Gravity drop at an intermediate range .... but then the sight would only be accurate (Gravity drop wise) at this one specific range  .... kind of defeats the purpose of a computing sight though.

I would love to see a specific reference that the K14 sight is different to the British GGS in this regard.

Whilst you are at it , be nice if the most preferred and recommended display was implemented. That is Fixed and Gyro with masking lever up to remove the circular fixed reticle . This mode was available on both British GCS and K14. In this mode just the gun cross and the gyro reticle is displayed

Source: RAF A.M. Pamphlet No. 252 Weapons notes for flying Personnel Fixed Gun Sighting.

Section on GCS characteristics

cgsgd1.jpg

sightmodes.jpg

Worth a look :

Edited by Bert_Foster
More detail

14 часов назад, Bert_Foster сказал:

I would love to see a specific reference that the K14 sight is different to the British GGS in this regard.

This is diagram from "1945 Computing Gun Sight K-14A-Mark 23 Handbook of Instructions with Parts Catalog" :

gravity.thumb.jpg.d8adf353582ab6c7c8b653c84473942b.jpg

I don't think that means "Gravity Drop" is not allowed for. Is there a narrative defining this “Gravity” coil  and its function ? In the British sight there is an additional coil thy refer to as the "trail" coil. This is only used in "free gun firing" .... that is turret operations.

In the early generation sights the gravity Drop correction is applied in the firers plane of motion (as is a mean value for trajectory shift). The gravity drop correction is a fixed function of bullet time of flight essentially range. So for each stadiametric range a fixed value of Gravity Drop (and trajectory shift) is applied to the sight in the shooters plane of motion.

As the RAF manual states:

" The gyro graticule will show the correct gravity drop at all ranges The target range is already fed into the sight as described in section A. This will alter, through the range control unit,the elctromagnetic forces acting upon the dome in the vertical plane and the resultant deflection will cause the gyro graticule to move downwards to follow centre of the cone of fire. As the target is always encircled by the graticule by the action of the pilot in ranging and tracking , its downward movement will result in the nose of the aircraft being raised, to bring the sight back to the target. Thus the guns are elevated to counteract the effects of gravity drop throughout the limits of the sight.”

Edited by Bert_Foster
Formatting

Am I reading the circuit diagram correctly ? in the connector with pin nos section it appears only 6 out of the 10 are actually connected ?

8 часов назад, Bert_Foster сказал:

Am I reading the circuit diagram correctly ? in the connector with pin nos section it appears only 6 out of the 10 are actually connected ?

Yes, only 6 of 10 pins are connected. Actually only range coils are working (elevation coil is short-circuited). You can read how range coils are affecting on gyro in ours 196 developers diary.

Very comprehensive and interesting read. However as you state in your DD:

" We begin the work on any aircraft or its instruments with a search for its technical documentation. As the main source for modeling G.G.S Mk. IID we chose the manual for its American counterpart then K-14A since it was the most complete description of such a gyro gunsight we could obtain by the required date. Their cores are the same. If someone has the original manual for G.G.S Mk. IID or have this gunsight itself in a working condition, please contact us to clarify the remaining questions we have for the British version of this gunsight. "

So given (and I agree with you) that the K14 and the British GGS internals are the same and as we know (with evidence provided here from British source document ) the British GGS allows for gravity drop with range it stands to reason that the K14 does as well. You have indicated that the Gravity drop correction will added to the British sight ... so should it in the K14. In addition with development of the Ez42 going on it should be included there as well.

Here are a couple more pages from the British manual:

BritGGS1.jpg

BritGGS2.jpg

BritGGS3.jpg

"Gravity drop" winding are named "Gravity" and "Elevation" windings in american version (because they are not connected at all). As you can see on the scheme we posted before they are are not under power supply so they can do nothing. Anyway thees windings are still inside gyro-magnetic assembly and what is really important their magnetic cores are still affecting on gyro because of range winding induction.

Thank you for your docs, thay are really that we were looking for while GGS IID development, will be helpfull in the future to implement gravity drop correction in this gyrosight.

Ez 42 has absolutely different construction with two independent angular velocity gyroscopic sensors and it worked in different way (no Lorentz force black magic and stuff like that)). I tried to find constructive part that realized gravity drop correction, but as for me Ez 42 had no such feature. Also, there is no text evidence or reference on gravity drop correction in its handbook. If you have different data I will be really glad to dig into it.

Yes I am aware of the significant fundamental differences in the EZ42 mechanization. However to say any Gyro gunsight doesn't compensate for gravity drop is (respectfully) inconceivable imo. Its a computing gunsight designed to allow more accurate shooting for the pilot. Gravity Drop is a known value as a function of Muzzle velocity and round ballistics. If you know the target range and bullet true Muzzle velocity then gravity drop is also known. I put it to you that it is a constant input by the sight mechanism as a function or range. in the EZ42 weapon and aircraft specific ballistic data corrected for altitude (i.e. to set Bullet True Muzzle velocity) is input to the sight via the adjustment box that has 2 pilot adjustable thumb wheels. So the sight knows The ballistic value for the round and aircraft installation, it knows the True muzzle velocity, it knows the range that pilot inputs by stadimetric ranging ... Gravity drop is then a simple extrapolation. Again I don't know of Any Computing gunsight that does not allow for gravity drop as a function of range.

Talk to Viks as I have sent him some detailed Ez42 info

Ez42_piotinterface.jpg

ez42altbox.jpg

Edited by Bert_Foster
added info

I have read this translated handbook (many thanks for it, saved a lot of time to read in English!!) and let me be clear about my concerns. If something looks simple and understandable on the paper (like bullet drop calculation based on range and altitude) doesn't mean it's simple to implement in hardware, especially with WWII technological level. Mirror inside Ez 42 is governed by two independent servomotors. If you look at another scheme you'll see that azimuth and elevation channels are completely the same, the only difference is orientation of angular velocity sensors. If this scheme allowed some kind of gravity drop azimuth shift you'd see symmetrical shift in elevation channel (which is totally illogical). So what adjustment box is needed for? I modeled this resistors assembly (with ability to replicate pilots input) and made some conclusions. This box applies correction on bullet fly time based on various air density (function of altitude) and ballistic properties of bullet. Your projectile will hit your target sooner on higher altitude, so you have to choose less angular deflection, but still you need to add some vertical correction based on bullet drop. However, I'am still opened to discussion.

ez 42.PNG

Gravity drop correction (and a mean value for Trajectory shift/velocity jump) in these early sights (and even some later generation sights like the CSF97K) is only applied in the shooters plane of motion and not actual earth vertical.This correction therefore applied via the elevation circuit. Its accepted that other than in wings level flight some gravity drop error is always going to be present.

I understand that completely. GGS IID has exactly that behavior because of constructional addition - two connected windings circuited to power supply through potentiometer. K-14D has pretty much the same construction but this feature is not activated intentionally because of some reason. I think in combat it's not really helpful if you'r not in a straight flight or in bank turn. Also pilots can use gyro reticle without gravity drop correction as angular velocity sensor. Anyway, the engineers and developers of K-14D decided to deactivate this feature - that is for sure. And what about Ez 42? His elevation and azimuth channels are identical (man, just look at the pictures), adjustment box makes same correction in both channels, no special electro-mechanic that can calculate vertical shift in elevation channel. You can't have different reaction on equal input in the same systems. If you heard somewhere about gravity drop correction in this particular sight, then most likely you was misinformed. The documentation says opposite.

ez 42 1.PNG

Brief description:
Gun elevation  incorrect on Zis 5 AA (likely other units also)  trucks shooting forwards through the drivers cabin (and often  into any target between them and the intended target).
No specific conditions , easy to replicate. Also friendly fire is to common on may AI units in game currently. I suggest you look at ground units and stop them shooting if they have no clear line of sight to a enemy target as they also shoot buildings and trees(any object in game , friendly or neutral)  in their path of fire and continue to do so , which is unrealistic and a waste of AI cpu resources.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): screenshots

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ab7c48aaf3e622464db163b63f79d285.pngScreenshot_2019_01.21_-_16_05_07_52.thumb.jpg.0b2516101b8994f945ea11c8e49f79eb.jpgScreenshot_2019_01.21_-_16_05_28_83.thumb.jpg.a720382fe958e16e933294d05a064820.jpg

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):(in my signature below)

Brief description:
Floating bombs on wings of downed planes.
No specific conditions , seen on more than one occasion, so captured this image , (may have seen other other planes other than as shown an il2, can't remember now
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): screenshots

Spoiler

1370857063_Screenshot2019_01.18-14_14_11_33.thumb.jpg.266b01f0707d454f79d48dce2c88f170.jpg

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

Brief description:

Unable to rearm guns in gunner stations when unlimited ammo is ON

After doing some testing of durability of objects I tried flying a quick mission and setting planes with unlimited ammo.

When doing so, I relize that ammo is depleted in all turrets or gunners and it is not possible to reload on gunner stations.

Tried in both Ju87 and He111, I assume it is universal on all planes.

(Did not test flare guns)

Suggestion for fix is that the ammo never runs out, like in main guns. Alternatively that the reload function is activated again and player has unlimited magazines.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): N/A
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): N/A

Edited by SvAF/F16_Petter

Brief description:

RP-3 AP rockets deal no damage even to lightly or non armored targets.

See screenshots below. I've built a test mission in Mission Editor with SpitIXe armed with RP-3 AP rockets. I've scored at least 50 direct hits on lightly to non-armored vehicles (some vehicles recieved multiple hits) without destroying any. Note - I'm not speaking about near misses, but rather about direct hits, usually somewhere in the middle of the vehicle. 

For comparative purposes and objectivity I've tested the RS-82 and BRS-82 in the same setup (the only change is player aircraft - I-16 and IL-2). They work OK, easily destroying soft targets, and BRS being able to occasionally handle even medium tanks with direct hit.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

Several screenshots with direct hits of RP-3 AP. None of the targets were destroyed. Also, 3 direct hits below were in the same Hanomag - the first hit disabled the tracks, but even 3 hits didn't destroy it. I can provide track and map/mission setup if needed, but this is easily checked.

Capture8.JPG.a46819f8f88d0280ec8183ffaa6c2be4.JPGCapture7.JPG.b43b7b490aa99c77e4c316e0faa7ba81.JPGCapture6.thumb.JPG.a020a23adf58e41af349ccfcaf10b878.JPGCapture5.JPG.fb8570e75fec9fea499867db77aeb8a4.JPGCapture4.JPG.03bf15c2f78d4c5838cc5927e3623fd0.JPGCapture3.JPG.afab5f50ddd1404ee34f9877a2988c65.JPGCapture2.thumb.JPG.439cd2b365e45cfca6fa6c640305537d.JPGCapture1.JPG.73ddc18749107e633e188a30aaef496f.JPGCapture.JPG.d1f697af0137cc24c03bd11d9830c0a4.JPG

Edited by CrazyDuck

11 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

When I play on a multiplayer server, I can not select an armament or fuel. (See attached image)

InkedBos.thumb.jpg.6b6c7aff929022be988f4a921ae54c6f.jpg

Just click on the grey arrow and you'll see the configuration tabs again. ;)

Btw. some MP server have some restriction (locked weapon load-outs, custom skins, fuel)

Cheerio

Edited by -IRRE-Therion