BlackSix

Armament and equipment

The purpose of this topic is to provide us, the devs, with readable and structured information about the issues of corresponding types

How should a message be formated:
1) Make sure that the issue is actually a game bug, and it has not been reported yet
2) Copy the template text (as shown below this list)
3) Fill in the blanks
4) If you are not reporting a new error but want to add to somebody's message, please, just quote it and use the same template for your addition.

Recommended form:

Brief description:
Detailed description, conditions:
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

The topic is under strict moderation rules. Any message that does not follow the guidelines will be deleted without warning. This topic is for bug reports.

Brief description: Il-2 23mm cannon ammunition mixed-up
Detailed description, conditions: When you select the AP ammo for the 23mm cannons in the Il-2, the rounds are causing pretty big explosions on the ground. But if you take the HE ammo, there are only very tiny puffs (almost looks like phosphorous incendiary, British "de wilde" and similar ammunition). It should be the other way around, so it's either a problem in the GUI selecting the wrong ammunition or the graphic effect is bugged/mixed-up.

• Upvote 1

Brief description: [uI] Plane Settings Menu not working in QMB for unpurchased planes

1. Launch the game (not the premium edition) and select Quick Mission.

2. Select any plane you own.

3. In the AI side, select a plane you don't own (either La5 of FW190)

4. Click on Settings.

Results: Player can't select any settings for the AI (either skins, ammunition or fuel) The menu behave weirdly (accept button is not working). Please see screenshot.

post-21764-0-10330200-1415208675_thumb.jpg

Expected results: Player should be able to select any settings (except unlocks) for the AI using Premium Planes like in Rise Of Flight.

Brief description: He 111 bomb settings don't work after dropping underbelly bomb.
Detailed description, conditions: After dropping the underbelly bomb in the He 111 first, the bomb settings for drop delay and drop mode (single, pairs etc.) no longer work.

Brief description: He 111 gunner can't reload
Detailed description, conditions: After emptying upper turret gun, using the reload command does not result in the guns being reloaded

Brief description: signal flares are not visible to others, when they are fired from the signal tube in 109 cockpit

Detailed description, conditions: Signal flares are visible to other players if they are shoot from open cockpit only. But once the cockpit is closed the launched flare is invisible to anyone except the shooter though the animation shows signal pistol mounted in the tube correct.

Sorry if this was reported yet.

Brief description: In bomb sight ( bomb position)of pe2, the altimeter shows diferente number than altimeter in pilot view
Detailed description, conditions: when iam in high bomb run i notice that in cockpit the altimeter shows 2130m(atmosferic) aprox 2100 (nearest airfield) and in bomb sight altimeter is 300 m less it shows 1800m. (it was in Syndicate server)

Thanks

Edited by VonMarts

Brief description:   AI wingmen will not drop their bombs in HE111 missions
Detailed description, conditions: AI wingmen will not drop their bombs under any circumstances involving flight lead orders, automatic flight lead orders given by the mission scripting,  target type,   etc.   It makes the other bombers only usefull as decoys since they just fly next to you and do nothing.....  if you miss the target by a few meters you fail the mission since it is just you dropping ordinance instead of the whole formation.   I haven't tested the peshka because I don't have another 5 hours or so to work as a QA tester for free.... you should pay somebody to do that.....
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 7 64bit   AMD phenom 2 1100T      16 gb RAM at 1600 mhz        GTX 680     track IR 3 running track IR 5 software.   logitech g940

Brief description: A) Altimeter of Ju 87 doesn´t show proper values and B) there is an increasing difference between the altitude shown in HUD compared to the altimeters set to standard atmosphere.

Abbreviations

SA = Altimeter set to "standard atmosphere"

NFFE = Altimeter set to "nearest friendly field elevation"

HUD = Altitude shown in HUD

D = Difference between HUD and SA values

A) Quite simple. The disc with steps of full 1km in Ju 87´s altimeter doesn´t "turn" properly according to the actual altitude.

Ju 87

SA: 5500m

NFFE: 5300m

HUD: 5900m

B) Maybe it´s a feature and not a bug, but I´am a bit confused. I find no altimeter value corresponding to the value shown in the HUD. With increasing altitude, the difference between SA and NFFE values stays roughly the same (rounded 150-200m on Lapino) which seems quite logical to me. But the difference between SA and HUD values nearly doubles from approx. 350m to 600m when climbing from 2000m to 6000m.

Rounded values at quick mission builder altitude: 6000m; 2000m

Yak-1, Fw190, Pe-2, ...

SA: 6500m; 2200m

NFFE: 6300m; 2050m

HUD: 5900m; 1850m

D = 600m; 350m

Brief description: Loadout reset to default always
Loadout, Fuel, Skin, Convergence gets reset to default always - pretty annoying to have to set EVERYTHING again and again and again all over when preparing next flight on MP server. Make Loadout remember last setting and keep it until further changes occur. More convenient for users!!

Edited by I/JG27_Nemesis
  • Upvote 2

Brief description:  Bomb effectiveness
Detailed description, conditions: Dropped a 250kg Bomb (SC250) 10m behind a unprotected artillery unit. They didn't care at all and kept firing as if nothing happened...

A0O7Dg.jpg

• Upvote 3

Brief description: He111 bombing sight won't stay where it is in view mode

Detailed description, conditions: When switching the bombing sight into view mode and setting it to look further away then exiting the sight view (for looking at the map for example), when going back to the sight view, it randomly goes back to an angle value between 30 and 0°, and won't stay where it was set. So each time you have to look at something else, annoyingly you will have to set your sight again with the distance lever.

Brief description:  In multiplayer, my JU-87 was spawned with 1800kg bomb on top of canopy
In multiplayer (1CGS Normal Server, Velkie Luki map), I selected to airstart with a JU-87 with 50% fuel, Botia skin, Unlocks selected: Siren, 1800kg bomb, Armor Plates and spawned aircraft.

Cockpit view

post-37318-0-85711300-1431213719_thumb.jpg

External view 2

post-37318-0-22185600-1431213753_thumb.jpg

External view 3

post-37318-0-64050900-1431213766_thumb.jpg

External view 4

post-37318-0-92666500-1431213817_thumb.jpg

External view 5

post-37318-0-92892500-1431213837_thumb.jpg

External view 6

post-37318-0-04524200-1431213850_thumb.jpg

I also have track a track file of the event, and of releasing the bomb out of this configuration, which just slid through the plane and down the angled bomb rack after a moment.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Windows 8.1, Intel i5-4690k, Gigabyte R9 280X OC

• Upvote 1

Brief description: He111 and Bf109-G2 artificial horizon "lag" Online

Detailed description, conditions: During online playing, both german artificial horizon are greatly unresponsive when playing online (whatever the server is). In offline game (quick mission, campaign), everything works fine.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17848-lufwaffe-artifical-horizon-precession-modelling/

2015-09-06_00002.jpg

2015-09-06_00004.jpg

Brief description: He111 and Bf109-G2 artificial horizon "lag" Online

Detailed description, conditions: During online playing, both german artificial horizon are greatly unresponsive when playing online (whatever the server is). In offline game (quick mission, campaign), everything works fine.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17848-lufwaffe-artifical-horizon-precession-modelling/

Update on the issue : in fact it is not related to online/offline but rather to if the plane spawns with engine running or not.

See my last post here for a bit more details : http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17848-lufwaffe-artifical-horizon-precession-modelling/

Brief description:  German bombs detonate instantly when dropped low above water

Detailed description, conditions:  If a bomb is dropped from a very low height above the water (for skip bombing), it will detonate almost instantly regardless of the fuze being used, destroying the plane which dropped it. Tested with the bf110, the bf109 F4/E7 and Fw190 and results are the same. Russian planes don't seem to have this issue, I can't reproduce it on them unless my propeller hit the water.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): This replay is made with a bomb fuze of 10 seconds. I tested with 5s and 2s and same result as well :

2016-01-04_00011.jpg

2016-01-04_00012.jpg

2016-01-04_00013.jpg

2016-01-04_00014.jpg

2016-01-04_00015.jpg

2016-01-04_00016.jpg

• Upvote 1

Brief description:  German bombs detonate instantly when dropped low above water

Detailed description, conditions:  If a bomb is dropped from a very low height above the water (for skip bombing), it will detonate almost instantly regardless of the fuze being used, destroying the plane which dropped it. Tested with the bf110, the bf109 F4/E7 and Fw190 and results are the same. Russian planes don't seem to have this issue, I can't reproduce it on them unless my propeller hit the water.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): This replay is made with a bomb fuze of 10 seconds. I tested with 5s and 2s and same result as well :

Update : the exact same thing happens if you drop the bomb above the ground, and not only water. The bomb just detonates instantly regardless of your fuze delay settings

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

Brief description:  Track IR doesn't work in gunner position on the Ju87

Detailed description, conditions:  When taking control of the rear gun of the 87, you can't look around with the track IR, using the nestle to gunsight command or not. I tried all other planes, russian and germans, and on all of them you can look around when manning the gun but not with the Junkers.

Brief description:

Brief description:
1/2 of the time you do not get confirmation when you give orders to gunners, neither what they going to shoot and what range. Before latest patch they still worked, now they do not. If they do not give you confirmation, they will not fire back.

This is not dependent of witch server you play on. When they do work they react after you being shot at. In most historical scenario except night missions the Gunner will call out when spotting a fighter. This will happened way earlier than he will be able to shoot. This is important in this game, the gun effectiveness is way higher than in any other sim, so if you do not fix this , none is going to fly bombers, the number that do fly them decrease for every week.

​I see no need for a video in this case, it is a well known bug and it happened every second server you visit

Not relevant in this case, everybody flying bombers experience this

Brief description: FW 190 A-3 / SC250 "bomb over canopy"
Detailed description, conditions: Multiplayer  Wings Of Liberty server, Date: 15th of February 2016

12742832_10207167260078455_5835174206647

Intel Core i7-2600k CPU @ 3,40 GHz 3,40 GHz

8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6900 series

Track IR 5

Game version 1.107

Or is this an old Zeppelin from Rise of Flight? :)

Edited by LLv32_Kanttori

Brief description: He111 bombsight goes crazy in auto mode when there is no bombs

Detailed description, conditions: I noticed the problem in multiplayer but it can be easily reproduced in single player as well. See the video below too see what I'm talking about (better than words  :) ). The same problem also appears once you've dropped your bombs, both in manual and auto mode. The view mode seems to works fine. 

Brief description: Bombsight Interval Delay

When the 'Drop' button is pressed it will take the time of one interval delay for the bomb to be released.

Example: I set Interval to 0.50, all settings are entered and I want to release the bomb on target. After I press 'Drop' however the target moves for another 0.5 seconds before the first bomb is released, leading to inaccurate bombing.

Brief description:  Guns won't fire once plane is in the air - single player missions
Detailed description, conditions:  When doing the single player intercept missions in BoS, I can "test fire" guns successfully on the ground.  Once I am airborne and intercept the enemy, the guns won't fire at all.  Note that this is via keyboard, mouse or joystick.  I have confirmed controller working in windows calibration screen.    I have checked mapping is correct and reset to default key mapping.    
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  W10, i5, IL-2 BoS.  

e:  after randomly mashing keys in an attempt to find something I was missing, it appears that switching to an external unit view via the f5 key "resets" the guns.  They may or may not fire for the rest of the mission or may stop again, but switching to f5 and then back to the cockpit via f1 seems to fix the guns. 

Edited by FredCroot

Brief description: Guns won't fire once plane is in the air - single player missions

Detailed description, conditions: When doing the single player intercept missions in BoS, I can "test fire" guns successfully on the ground. Once I am airborne and intercept the enemy, the guns won't fire at all. Note that this is via keyboard, mouse or joystick. I have confirmed controller working in windows calibration screen. I have checked mapping is correct and reset to default key mapping.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): W10, i5, IL-2 BoS.

e: after randomly mashing keys in an attempt to find something I was missing, it appears that switching to an external unit view via the f5 key "resets" the guns. They may or may not fire for the rest of the mission or may stop again, but switching to f5 and then back to the cockpit via f1 seems to fix the guns.

Sounds like you may have conflicting inputs?

The same key assigned to more than one thing?

Sounds like you may have conflicting inputs?

The same key assigned to more than one thing?

I've never changed the mapping for F5 and in any event reset the mapping to the default.  Hitting F5 seems to work though, so it's not a big deal. 

Brief description: Allison V-1710-39 limits incorrect 
Detailed description, conditions: Allison V-1710-39 has listed limits in game (information taken directly from dev diary 123): 

Engine modes:
Nominal (unlimited time): 2600 RPM, 37.2 inch Hg
Combat power (up to 5 minutes): 3000 RPM, 42 inch Hg
Take-off power (up to 5 minutes): 3000 RPM, 45.5 inch Hg
Maximum Possible power (up to 5 minutes): 3000 RPM, 56.0 inch Hg

This information above does not match either listed information for the aircraft when tested for acceptance by the Air Corps in November 1941, or even more importantly, what actually exists in game. Listed information for historical engine settings are below. In game however, currently any engine setting above 43.5" is "emergency mode", not combat mode; this does not match dev diary information. A brief test showed that running at max permissible power listed above, caused "emergency time exceeded" at roughly one minute, and seized engine at 2:30 - not the listed 5 minutes. Running at the max boost for combat power by technochat, 43.5, "combat power exceeded" occurred at roughly 3:50 and engine damage at 6:00, not the listed 5 minutes as should be at least permissible using take-off power (which is actually emergency mode in game). 

This means either that the information in game for engine limits is incorrect (text error) or the engine limits themselves are incorrect (based on information below, more likely). 

P-40E_Operation_Instructions.jpg

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software)

6 Core I7 with GTX 980, windows 10, newest nvidia drivers.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/P-40/P-40E_Operation_Instructions.jpg

• Upvote 1

Since DD 123, engine limits for P-40E were changed. Right now, they look like this (direct citation from game)-

Engine modes:

Nominal (unlimited time) : 2600 RPM, 37.2 inch Hg

Combat power (up to 5 minutes) : 3000 RPM, 42 inch Hg

Take - off power (up to 2 minutes) : 3000 RPM, 45.5 inch Hg

Maximum possible power (prohibited by flight manual) : 3000 RPM, 56.0 inch Hg

Which as noted in my first post if that is intended, is a text bug with the in game printed information. It also matches no historical data. If it is not intended, that is also a bug.

Brief description: "Weapon Group 1" assigned to both cannons and MGs.

Detailed description, conditions:  On BoS, while using the Fw 190, pressing the button assigned to Weapon Group 1, intended to fire MGs, fires both MGs and cannons, while pressing the button assigned to Weapon Group 2 results in no weapons being fired at all.

When using the Fw 190 equipped with Cannon Pods, firing the Weapon Group 1 will still fire both the MGs and the main cannons, while firing the Weapon Group 2 will result in only the cannon pods being fired.

While this problem does not happen with neither of BoS Bf 109s with standard loadout, it does happen when they're equipped with Cannon Pods: When firing the Weapon Group 1, both the MGs and the Main Cannon fire simultaneously. When firing Weapon Group 2, only the two Cannon Pods fire, instead of all three cannons. 

Is this a feature? Or is there a way to assign only the MGs to Weapon Group 1 and all of the cannons to Weapon Group 2?

I am putting this here because I have been searching for a solution for quite a while and have tried many different things, yet nothing seems to work.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):post-35135-0-11374500-1475117897_thumb.png

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Using Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick, latest version of BoS.

Kiev

On BoS, while using the Fw 190, pressing the button assigned to Weapon Group 1, intended to fire MGs, fires both MGs andcannons, while pressing the button assigned to Weapon Group 2 results in no weapons being fired at all.

KG 13-B grip on Fw 190:

http://208090.homepagemodules.de/file.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.homepagemodules.de%2Fb208090%2Ff25t94p297n1.pdf&r=&content=RE%3A_A-_und_B-1_Knoepfe_des_KG_13_B_Steuerknueppels

A-Knopf:  (trigger) 2x MG 151 (wing-root mounted), [only if installed: 2x MG 17 (fuselage mounted)] = This correspond to game "Weapon Group 1"
B1-Knopf: (top button) [only if installed: 2x MG 151 cannons (wing mounted)] = This correspond to game "Weapon Group 2".

KG 12-A on Bf 109:

A-Knopf: 2x MG 131 (fuselage mounted)
B1-Knopf: 1x MG 151 (engine mounted)
B2-Knopf: drop ordnance

With Rüstsatz R6 (two wing-mounted MG 151 cannons):

A-Knopf: 2x MG 131 (fuselage mounted) and 1x MG 151 (engine mounted)
B1-Knopf: 2x MG 151 (in wing pods)

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

On BoS, while using the Fw 190, pressing the button assigned to Weapon Group 1, intended to fire MGs, fires both MGs and cannons, while pressing the button assigned to Weapon Group 2 results in no weapons being fired at all.  

When using the Fw 190 equipped with Cannon Pods, firing the Weapon Group 1 will still fire both the MGs and the main cannons, while firing the Weapon Group 2 will result in only the cannon pods being fired.  

While this problem does not happen with neither of BoS Bf 109s with standard loadout, it does happen when they're equipped with Cannon Pods: When firing the Weapon Group 1, both the MGs and the Main Cannon fire simultaneously. When firing Weapon Group 2, only the two Cannon Pods fire, instead of all three cannons.   

Is this a feature? Or is there a way to assign only the MGs to Weapon Group 1 and all of the cannons to Weapon Group 2?

This is how the cannon triggers were set up in reality.

• Upvote 1

This is how the cannon triggers were set up in reality.

Kiev

KG 13-B grip on Fw 190:

http://208090.homepagemodules.de/file.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.homepagemodules.de%2Fb208090%2Ff25t94p297n1.pdf&r=&content=RE%3A_A-_und_B-1_Knoepfe_des_KG_13_B_Steuerknueppels

A-Knopf:  (trigger) 2x MG 151 (wing-root mounted), [only if installed: 2x MG 17 (fuselage mounted)] = This correspond to game "Weapon Group 1"
B1-Knopf: (top button) [only if installed: 2x MG 151 cannons (wing mounted)] = This correspond to game "Weapon Group 2".

KG 12-A on Bf 109:

A-Knopf: 2x MG 131 (fuselage mounted)
B1-Knopf: 1x MG 151 (engine mounted)

With Rüstsatz R6 (two wing-mounted MG 151 cannons):

A-Knopf: 2x MG 131 (fuselage mounted) and 1x MG 151 (engine mounted)
B1-Knopf: 2x MG 151 (in wing pods)

Thank you very much. (Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation, Sokol)

Because I couldn't seem to find much information online, I didn't know if it was a problem with the game or if it was just a historical feature. Specially because the key mapping used to be "Fire Machineguns" and "Fire Cannons" before it was changed to "Fire Weapon Group 1", etc.

Should I delete my previous post to avoid obstructing the Devs in solving actual problems?

Edited by KievBlauster

Because I couldn't seem to find much information online, I didn't know if it was a problem with the game or if it was just a historical feature. Specially because the key mapping used to be "Fire Machineguns" and "Fire Cannons" before it was changed to "Fire Weapon Group 1", etc.

Yeah, it's a nice little feature with the way it's set up. It also helps with planes that have cannons only.

Should I delete my previous post to avoid obstructing the Devs in solving actual problems?

Nah, it's fine to just leave it. :) 

• Upvote 1

Brief description: Gunsight Reticle in MC202 wrong size

Detailed description, conditions: San Giorgio Tipo B had outer ring 236 mil, inner ring 120 mil in diameter.  10m wingspan yak should be at 83 m when filling the inner circle. In BOS it is at around 200-220 m....

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):post-12829-0-65318300-1477986009_thumb.jpg

Gunsight data/parameters in the following link; appears this has been well researched in past by enthusiasts/modders, trying to correct the sight reticle size in il21946 and CLOD

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25914-mc202-sgiorgio-tipob-gunsight/?p=405246

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): see sig

Edited by 5./ZG1_Tzigy

Brief description:  Heinkel 111 bomb bay still operating with the two external mounts

Detailed description, conditions:  When taking a full external payload (2xSC1000 for example), the command to open the bomb bay is still functional, and have the same effect as if using internal bombload (door mechanism sounds, wind noise, and added drag to the aircraft with speed loss) even if on the external view nothing is happening.

• Upvote 1

Brief description:  MC202 Variometer incorrect values

Detailed description, conditions:  Both online and offline, the variometer in the Macchi is giving erroneous values for the climb rate (and I assume for the descent rate as well).

Now I would very like that the variometer was right and the plane is just underperforming, but I doubt a patch in that direction will ever happen right ? :biggrin:

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

Brief description: 20mm HE shell detonation appears to be bugged.

Detailed description, conditions: HE shells appear to detonate some distance from the object that they strike. See link for GIF of BF 109G2 firing on a Stuka in 1/32 slow motion. Toward the end of the clip you can see an HE shell explode behind the wing, and the shrapnel does not even hit the aircraft. Visually the wing appears undamaged.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): https://gfycat.com/SickHandyFairybluebird

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): IL-2 v2.005, Windows 10

Edit: I saved the track on my hard drive...feel free to PM if you want me to upload it somewhere.

Edit#2: I tested the La-5 with HE ammo and observed the same phenomenon - HE exploding behind the target.

Edited by 19.GIAP//Rekt

Brief description: "unlimited ammo" not working on turrets

Must have enabled "unlimited ammo" on the realism settings on single player

Must empty a weapon turret, then you will be out of ammo

post-467-0-67283200-1481496390_thumb.jpg

Brief description: "Aiming assist" not working on turrets

Must have enabled "Aiming Assist" on the realism settings on single player

Must have a enemy plane close to your aircraft and within the arc of fire or your turret.

We can not see the little red circle on the screen which shows us the deflection. 

Edited by Nil

Brief description: German AAA and IA german Gunners are too  ineffective (Pe2 gunners are snipers)

Detailed description, conditions: It´s very ineffective, if you review a little history of the armament of the Second World War, you will see that this is a modeling joke, I understand that they are Russian programmers, and that they feel very patriotic by modeling the Russians, but should review the degrees Per second of rotation of their Russian AAA, were not hydraulic I suppose, they also did not have unlimited ammunition, in each discharge. Or they charge again in a sigh. Also they should review the reaction time in alert the AAA, if you fly on the trees below the radar, if they had, there was nothing that alerted them of a surprise attack, except the attack. You can not shoot something you do not see, the AAAs are perfect robots, especially the Russian ones. While if you catch an il2 and you walk around a German base, they rarely bring down the plane.

I dont need, just play and try...

P.D.:I remind you that the Russians won the war for more courage, and more troops and tanks, did not win because they have better weapons. Do not forget that and will truly make a decent simulator. Yak1 had a motor that I do not comment, just look for the performances. And the T34 were not immortal. Please, patch better the sim.

Edited by =gRiJ=Toro111

Brief description: rearward-firing guns send tracer smoke forwards.

Detailed description, conditions: BoS+BoM, 2.007. Quick mission. I've noticed that with both the Ju-88 and Bf-110, when a rear-facing gunner fires, the tracer smoke extends forward of the aircraft.

Additional assets: attached screenshot. The smoke trail apparently passing over the top of the Ju-88 is from the belly gunner firing rearwards.

post-120290-0-54958200-1485881301_thumb.png

• Upvote 1