Video and sound settings

When canopy is closed, audio of other planes is virtually missing (idk if its just too low) - but I cannot hear flyby's, squadron formation engine hum (it used to before this update) - However when Canopy is Open - I can hear engine attenuation of other planes just fine. 

• 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus
On 2/18/2021 at 4:20 AM, Impalor said:

I saw complains in the Russian forum, with no reaction from the devs. Sound direction with canopy open is too rough - either 100% in one ear and 0% in the other, or 50/50 in both - depending where you look. With canopy closed it sounds always 50/50. Is there a mod to fix that (like one for Skyrim VR)? Can devs comment?

Yes, please record a track with a sound problem, I also remind you that if you have a 5.1 or 7.1 system, you need to set the stereo mode in the sound card settings before starting the game.

brahguevara
On 2/23/2021 at 5:43 AM, RISE said:

When canopy is closed, audio of other planes is virtually missing (idk if its just too low) - but I cannot hear flyby's, squadron formation engine hum (it used to before this update) - However when Canopy is Open - I can hear engine attenuation of other planes just fine. 

someone told me you have to set in game volume to 100%
and turn it down with windows
weirdly straight after the patch i could hear other planes outside cockpit closed
but then its back to normal
I'm wondering if i accidentally lowered the sound quality or something but can't find any settings

Impalor
On 2/24/2021 at 3:48 AM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Yes, please record a track with a sound problem, I also remind you that if you have a 5.1 or 7.1 system, you need to set the stereo mode in the sound card settings before starting the game.

I fly in VR with Reverb G2, so it is always a stereo sound. I have 100% audio volume in game and 50% master volume in Windows for the headset. When I turn my right ear to the taxiing planes my left ear does not hear their engines at all. Feels very unusual. It should be lower volume, for sure, but not zero. Not sure if you can reproduce, but I attached a track.

01.2021-03-01_13-22-14_00.zip

LLv24_Veccu

other planes is ok bu A6 missing...

-Veccu-

• 4 weeks later...
Houtie
On 9/21/2020 at 10:01 AM, Ace_Rawlings said:

The audio using the ALT-F2 for the camera attached to plane shots will only play very muted audio. On enemy aircraft, it only plays the pilot's breathing and bullet impact sounds. This makes it very difficult to work on video replays as the audio is not present. 

I'd like to confirm the lack of engine sound when attaching camera to enemy aircraft - only pilot's breathing and bullet impact sounds like Ace_Rawlings said.

post scriptum :  problem also applies to (alt F2) camera attached to enemy tank i.e. engine sound is missing.

Edited by Houtie
afterthought!
  • 3 weeks later...
Saucemeister69

Just purchased the game and started up via steam but there are no in flight sounds at all. Sound card works and settings for sound are all checked at default mode. Please help.....

• 2 weeks later...
[TOMCATS]-Ejolfur

Hey all,

I was wondering if anybody else might have this issue. Very often when somebody shoots at me on a multiplayer server, I simply get no audible indication that my plane just got hit, while I cleary see the impacts. Is this a known bug, or is something wrong with my drivers?

The thing is that this doesn't happen all the time and some planes seem to be more affected by this than others.

kind regards

Edited by Ejolfur
newbravado

I've had this happen occasionally. You look at your wing and think, "Oh, I got hit!"

It's a complex game.

• 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus
9 hours ago, Ejolfur said:

Hey all,

I was wondering if anybody else might have this issue. Very often when somebody shoots at me on a multiplayer server, I simply get no audible indication that my plane just got hit, while I cleary see the impacts. Is this a known bug, or is something wrong with my drivers?

The thing is that this doesn't happen all the time and some planes seem to be more affected by this than others.

kind regards

Hi, on which planes did this happen?

[_FLAPS_]RogoRogo
20 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Brief description:

bug noticed happening TO airframes Spitfire mk V, Spitfire Mk IX, P-38

Detailed description, conditions:

The bug occurs arbitrarily and is happening FOR and happening TO diverse playable-asset airframes arbitrarily.
This is one subjective datapoint observation for the airframes mentioned above.
Observation scenario in multiplayer limited to combatbox - server for the following reasons (non complete, non-compulsory, conditional list):

• suitable hardware serverside
  • stable infrastructure connection with stable ping
  • clientside NO packet fragmentation (MTU size adapted, and check-observed globally for ZERO packet fragmentation occurence at player-peak times, infrastructure peak load times, traffic throttling timeslots both server- and clientside
  • stable fps, lag, client-server load scenario in current netcode, load, simulations, telemetry, stacks MP-concept for comparable observations

The bug cannot be traced in observation to a singular source issue or interdependcy. The bug occurs in datapoint observation in parallel occurrence to other well known bugs as fe (non complete, non-compulsory, conditional variant-listing):

• renderglobe, rendercone not working reliably with targets far away spotted while close targets do not render
  • playable assets rendering and de-rendering only when firing with tracers arbitrarily rendered or not rendered
  • instant zero-impact, zero-sound PilotKills with ex-post logs showing various seconds of playable asset taking damage
  • instant PilotKills with compressed impact-sound bursts with ex-post logs showing varrious seconds of playable asset taking damage
  • playable asset taking damage from rendered tracers and damage-snaprender-textures correctly spawning on playable asset but no impact sounds

Distributed clientside modificiations causing exception-catcher state and/or irregular server service behaviour and log interpretation is an additionally possiblity but also NOT a sole source issue (from observation the former possibly more likely to trigger occurence or to enhance lingering occurence in severity and likeliness) - limted to observation for this datapoint source only!
If bug and variants of accompanying bugs present occurence will only be eradicated after full serverside restart of service-suite AND client-side reset of connection state (leaving server, re-joining server). 

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
-

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

not relevant or interdepent with bug occurence but dxdiag attached

DxDiag.rar

Edited by [_FLAPS_]RogoRogo
typos
  • 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus
5 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]RogoRogo said:

Brief description:

bug noticed happening TO airframes Spitfire mk V, Spitfire Mk IX, P-38

Can you record video and track during flights online? Because it must be observed firsthand. The description is clear, but it is not clear how it actually looks in real dogfight.

[TOMCATS]-Ejolfur
On 4/25/2021 at 2:59 AM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Hi Rapidus,

it happend to me every once in a while on Multiplayer Servers (Combat Box, Wings of Liberty and Finnish VP) in the Bf109(f4 & g14), the bf110(e2 & g2), the ju88 and the p38. Most of the time it is not reproducible and it works again in the next sortie without rejoining the server.

But the last time it was very obvious, was when I hosted a simple dogfight mission for a friend and me (just out of the game, no dedicated server). Everything worked fine this time (we flew spitfire(all models), F4 and Yak7) until I chose to take the p38. I got a lot of hits in the fuselage and engines and wasn't able to hear a single bullet hitting the plane.

Kind regards.

Edited by Ejolfur
[_FLAPS_]RogoRogo
On 4/26/2021 at 4:58 AM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Can you record video and track during flights online? Because it must be observed firsthand. The description is clear, but it is not clear how it actually looks in real dogfight.

Well.. I can try.
But I have to get lucky to find a suitable sample of these events in all variations, especially with a log disparity aso... so this will take time and I have to get into the habit of recording things.
Furthermore I normally only fly at timeslots where these issue are least likely to happen, thus it will take even more time.
So patience is requested.  

Is there any log setting I can/should/have to activate via console of .cfg to capture relevant telemetry?

Edited by [_FLAPS_]RogoRogo
tech addendum
  • 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus
On 4/26/2021 at 7:10 PM, Ejolfur said:

it happend to me every once in a while on Multiplayer Servers (Combat Box, Wings of Liberty and Finnish VP) in the Bf109(f4 & g14), the bf110(e2 & g2), the ju88 and the p38. Most of the time it is not reproducible and it works again in the next sortie without rejoining the server.

We checked the sounds of hits on the planes you specified, in the multiplayer. There were no problems, we need materials for analysis, any kind.

-332FG-Red_Pilot

The Spitfire 14 has the same problem that the Thunderbolt had. The sound of the engine in the open cockpit should be like the sound outside the aircraft. But in fact, it's like a sound in a closed cabin. 

• Thanks 1
-332FG-Red_Pilot
1 минуту назад, -DED-Rapidus сказал:

@-332FG-Red_Pilot, when opening the cab, the only difference is in the sounds of the incoming air flow.

Yes, I tried it on the ground, not in flight

• 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus
6 minutes ago, -332FG-Red_Pilot said:

Yes, I tried it on the ground, not in flight

Similarly)

Yardstick

Issue:  AI radio receiver volume control has no effect.

Description:  Reducing the volume of AI radio receiver (only tested Quick Missions) causes the volume slider in the techno chat to reduce but the volume remains unchanged even when set to 0%. 

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus
On 5/3/2021 at 7:40 AM, Yardstick said:

Issue:  AI radio receiver volume control has no effect.

Description:  Reducing the volume of AI radio receiver (only tested Quick Missions) causes the volume slider in the techno chat to reduce but the volume remains unchanged even when set to 0%. 

I have it working, try resetting the key settings

Yardstick

2 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

I have it working, try resetting the key settings

Hi Rapidus - I did some further testing.  The issue only seems to be present in 1 vs 1 quick missions.  I've only tested the Velikiye Luki map (Summer and Winter) but I can replicate the problem every time regardless of whether I use the default key binding or controller button and regardless of whether I fly Allied or Axis. 

Bizarrely, once the final enemy is down, the radio receiver volume control returns to working as it should.

• Thanks 1
B4ron
Posted (edited)

Hi.

There is no sound at all after update 4.601b. In the previous version it worked fine with the same setup.

It is also working in other games.

The _sound_.log says:

!!! ERROR m_pEventSystem->loadBankFile(2); '': Operation could not be performed because specified sound/DSP connection is not ready.
!!! ERROR m_pEventSystem->release(); '': An error occurred that wasn't supposed to.  Contact support.
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Gui_Ambient' (#0)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#1)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#2)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#3)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Gui_Ambient' (#4)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Music_01' (#5)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#6)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#7)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#8)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#9)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#10)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#11)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#12)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#13)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#14)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Music_01' (#15)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Music_01' (#16)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#17)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#18)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#19)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#20)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#21)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#22)
!!! ERROR: Can not get event from event system for sound 'event:/main/GUI/Click_01' (#23)

PC config data: OS Windows 10 latest patch, driver AMD Radeon Crimson 15.7.1 (latest patch), specific software - none

Please provide support. Thank you.

Edited by B4ron
B4ron

Update:

The problem seems to be connected to the audio device IL-2 is choosing.

I have 2 build in audio devices:

- AMD high definition audio device (which is responsible for HDMI interface) and

- (Windows) high definition audio device (which is responsible for the rest)

If I disable "AMD high definition audio device" the sound is back. All drivers are up to date. IL-2 installation repair did not fix the problem. "(Windows) high definition audio device" is set to standard in Windows settings.

It seems to me that IL-2 prefers "AMD high definition audio device" unless no HDMI is connected and it is not defined as standard.