BlackSix

Flight and damage models physics

10 minutes ago, Quetzalkoatl said:

Brief description: A-20 inlet cowl shutters bug - occurs only during movement (on the ground too but with lesser intensity)

Detailed description: Bug causes A-20 elevator to wobble when inlet cowl shutters are in position from 1 to 100% - at 0% plane flies smoothly.
                                      More detailed desciption can be provided only by a video that I attached  to this post.

Additional assets: 

PC config data:
Windows 10 - 64-bit
GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
16GB RAM
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3,4GHz

Works as designed like the prototype. Check the link below at the 5.38 minute mark, it will explain this vibration and why it happens.

2 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

Works as designed like the prototype. Check the link below at the 5.38 minute mark, it will explain this vibration and why it happens.

Thanks for fixing my lack of knowledge... good that it's not a bug 😂

Has it been discussed that the 30mm don't seem to affect the p51? The p38 tempest and b25 all fall apart with a good burst but not p51. It seems to absorb 5 to 10 30 mm an only gets couple small holes in wing an loses flaps. Not complaining just asking if this is correct. This is offline fyi.

Edited by bucket_109
Correct

Brief description: Focke Wulf A Versions -- Many Headshoots from behind

Detailed description: This problem exists because of several patches and is an old problem. I fly to 90% Focke Wulf and I noticed that the Focke A version gets many head shots. They are head shots which always have an effect of 90% to 99%, so immediately. In contrast to other aircraft, this problem is very strong.
Is the Hit BOX of the pilot's head too big? Does the back armor of the Focke Wulf A not work properly?
Here is an example of the TAW server from my stats:

Additional assets:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=86321&name=JG4_Widukind

PC config data:

Win 10-64Bit

Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB

16Gb Ram

Intel I7 4790k

I would appreciate an answer

Edited by JG4_Widukind
  • Upvote 1

On 10/16/2019 at 4:51 AM, JG4_Widukind said:

Brief description: Focke Wulf A Versions -- Many Headshoots from behind

Detailed description: This problem exists because of several patches and is an old problem. I fly to 90% Focke Wulf and I noticed that the Focke A version gets many head shots. They are head shots which always have an effect of 90% to 99%, so immediately. In contrast to other aircraft, this problem is very strong.
Is the Hit BOX of the pilot's head too big? Does the back armor of the Focke Wulf A not work properly?
Here is an example of the TAW server from my stats:

Additional assets:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=86321&name=JG4_Widukind

PC config data:

Win 10-64Bit

Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB

16Gb Ram

Intel I7 4790k

I would appreciate an answer

I have the exact same problem. When using the A8 the first hit on me is almost ALWAYS a pilot kill or severe injury that causes blackout and crash. With the 109s and D9, I've had my plane filled with holes and the pilot survive, but with the A8 I'm guaranteed to have my pilot killed if someone hits me. It doesn't seem to matter the range either. 

48 minutes ago, III./JG7-MarkWilhelmsson said:

I have the exact same problem. When using the A8 the first hit on me is almost ALWAYS a pilot kill or severe injury that causes blackout and crash. With the 109s and D9, I've had my plane filled with holes and the pilot survive, but with the A8 I'm guaranteed to have my pilot killed if someone hits me. It doesn't seem to matter the range either. 

Ditto.  4 PKs tonight on single pass by p51s while flying the A8 trying to do jabo runs. No notice of damage before spotting the contact just instant PK without seeing any tracers while watching the contact. 1 Pk from head on (fw190D9), 2 Pks (fw190A8) from 45deg right side front while turning, 1 Pk (FW190A8) from behind and above.  ????? something odd is going on here.

Edited by JV44HeinzBar
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: A large number of loss of consciousness from high-explosive shells without injuries

Detailed description, conditions: Almost every enemy attack on my plane is accompanied by a loss of consciousness by the pilot (contusion). There are no injuries.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): 

http://aviaskins.com:8008/ru/sortie/log/4881448/?tour=53 - contusion and the crash.

http://aviaskins.com:8008/ru/sortie/log/4875276/?tour=53 - contusion and the crash.

http://aviaskins.com:8008/ru/sortie/log/4872888/?tour=53 - contusion and the crash.

http://aviaskins.com:8008/ru/sortie/log/4873055/?tour=53 - contusion and the crash.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Intel® i5 4670K 3.40GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6Гб (1920 x 1080); 2х4Гб Hynix PC-12800; ASUS Z87-A; Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Edited by Antimesser
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: AI Ju-52 flying straight and level on one engine

Detailed description, conditions: Maybe a bug, maybe just working as designed.

QMB, Rheinland summer map, AI Ju-52 with 70% fuel and 12 paras is flying straight and level for several minutes on the nose engine alone (after both wing engines were shot off by player)

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Recorded track.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  i5-6500, GTX 1050 Ti, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD.

Ju52_on_one_engine.zip

Edited by sniperton
recorded track added

Pk 

Same problem I have had when in tempest and p 51 

all since the 4001 patch 

95 % of deaths are head shots / PK's now 

So it's not only 190 /109 

Watch video

Bug is self explanatory.

Perhaps the torque factor modeled in this airframe is a bit low?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Brief description: Enemy AT gun not shooting straight and suspicious dmg model.

Detailed description, conditions: I was attacked by 76mm At, facing it frontally. Enemy round hit my side armor and the Panther started to burn.

At that angle enemy round should bounce away and of course the AT gun is aiming in wrong direction

I started to search for the enemy and turned and another round hit my side armor again.

in this case round should penetrate, but the enemy AT gun is again aiming to a different spot.

AI is cheating.

Also I was many times destroyed (in Panther) by the Russian 76mm gun (probably through the gun mantlet) at distance of 1000m and greater.

I thing that Russian 76mm round could not penetrate front armor of the Panther tank even in point blank distance. (maybe if they are lucky to hit optics)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

On 1/25/2020 at 7:48 AM, Voidhunger said:

AI is cheating.

This is a simplification, if the game engine will count up to one hundredth of a degree of the gun's rotation, then it will be a simulator of one tank and one gun

Brief description: Bf109 models are much more resistant to rear quarter damage than other aircraft, particularly from .50 AP.  This became apparent after the new 4.005 patch.

Detailed description, conditions:  I tested this out in a few custom single player missions.  AI programed to fly straight and level, using a P-38 (firing only the .50s) to obtain perfect rear shots at very close range.  The result I'm seeing is that the 109 is absorbing far more damage then any of its counterparts.  I'm guessing this may be related to the issues with it's rear stab damage model.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):   I've attached two sample mission files I used for testing, comparing the 109 to a 202,Mig, Yak1, Spit, P-51 and P-40 (all very similar inline V-12 single engined fighters). Here's a track I recorded of a typical test run: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ujSV16hVSjnSeIFzQ7xcibCSA0BpwFkV

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): N/A

P-38GunneryTests.zip.zip

• Upvote 2

Brief description: Sopwith Camel does not have a glide path for landing
Detailed description, conditions: When landing the Sopwith, unlike in RoF, the Sopwith can not be put into a proper glide path for landing. It will float at 48 mph and greater, maintaining altitude the entire time. Less than 48mph (closer to 45mph from testing) and you have a dangerous wingtip dip and stall at that speed, that's not how you should lose altitude :) You are unable to lose speed and altitude at the same time, you are not able to maintain speed (50-55mph) and lose altitude without nosing down and gaining speed. In RoF you would be able to slight- nose down and lose speed and maintain a decent glide path, that feat is Impossible in IL2:FC. I have no idea what other planes are also affected with this problem.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): I have video but this is easily repeated for everyone. 
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): i7 4770k, Maxwell gpu, 8gb mem, Sidewinder FFB 2, CH Quadrant, CH Pedals

Everyone,

I ask you to write reports on errors found as on a sample, here should only be your reports, my clarifying questions and your answers to them. Please, I ask you to lead the discussion in other sections in the relevant topics.

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2020 at 8:08 PM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Everyone,

I ask you to write reports on errors found as on a sample, here should only be your reports, my clarifying questions and your answers to them. Please, I ask you to lead the discussion in other sections in the relevant topics.

[FIXED by Patch 4.005d. What a FAST turnaround time! THANKS A LOT DEVS!]

Brief description: P-51 wing does not detect damage or break as expected.
Detailed description: Not certain if this is a bug or intended behavior, but the P-51 wing does not appear to be detecting or calculating damage correctly. I did a test video firing various types of ammunition into the left wing, and the wing failed to separate in most instances. I counted 13 30mm hits to the same wing with no separation whereas other aircraft take one or two hits for the wing to come off. I made one video but tested this multiple times with the same result.
Additional assets: Test video here. 

Pc Config data: 
Corsair 750D
i7-8700k OC to 5.0GHz
Sound BlasterX AE-5
Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition
Corsair AX-860 PSU
Asus ROG Maximus X Code
Thermaltake WATER 3.0 Triple Riing 360mm
Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW (+100MHz core +250MHz VRAM)
Crucial M4 SSD 512GB
Samsung 850EVO 1TB
WDC 1TB
Seagate SSHD 1TB
Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor
Logitech G510S
Anker 6000DPI Gaming Mouse
HOTAS Warthog
Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals
Track IR 5
Windows 10 Professional

Edited by =SqSq=SignorMagnifico
Damage model addressed in 4.005d.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Was directed to post again using proper format.

Brief description: 
 New DM has unexpected results on air frames in Flying Circus.

Detailed description, conditions:
   Air frames in Flying Circus now become very unstable after receiving slight damage from gunfire.  Wings are extremely fragile now, and are very likely to fail if any stress is applied after taking just a few rounds.  Even when flying straight and level, wings will fail with relatively minor damage. This appears to be happening to all aircraft in Flying Circus, but is much more pronounced on certain models.

Video with screenshot of accompanying parser log

DM-updated.png

Videos created by DD_Arthur

Other video is available in the Flying Circus forums.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):
Windows 8.1,  I7-4790@3.6GHz, 16GB DDR3, GTX 1070Ti

Thank you.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

Brief description: DB605A and DB605AM engine critical height
Detailed description, conditions: Tested on Rheinland Autum
The D605A critical height ist rated at ~5.7km in climb (also 5.7km with no ram (ohne Stau) and 6.6km in level flight for 1.3ata/2600rpm but starts to drop in climb at approx 4.0km height and does not reach its critical altitude in level flight (6km max.)

G2 level fligth only 1.22 ata/2600rpm at 6.5km

BF109G2level.jpg.61879e543a257152fb25132232c45015.jpg
The DB605AM engines critical in climb is ratet at approx. 4.0km height und 5km in level flight. Boost pressure starts to drop in climb at around 900m and critical height in level flight is around 4km:
G14 level flight only 1.64ata/2800rpm at 4km

BF109G14level.jpg.9fd3964986c83d6ef4bdf9a0ba501bcf.jpg

G14 climb only 1.64ata/2800rpm in climb at 1000m and dropping with climb
BF109G14Climb1.jpg.31db33465c56d83fc33caeae19d3eed7.jpg

On 4/17/2020 at 9:01 PM, J5_Gamecock said:

Brief description: 
 New DM has unexpected results on air frames in Flying Circus.

Ok, thank you for your report, the problem with the "crystal" wings of aircraft is well known, work is underway.

12 hours ago, the_emperor said:

Brief description: DB605A and DB605AM engine critical height
Detailed description, conditions: Tested on Rheinland Autum

Problem with mismatch of boost pressure (higher than normal)at the height of the G14 engine?

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2020 at 4:17 AM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Problem with mismatch of boost pressure (higher than normal)at the height of the G14 engine?

Yes, but boost pressure to low. The engine should deliever 1.7ata up to 4000m in climb (ohne Stau) and 5000m in level flight with ram (mit Stau).

Posted (edited)

Brief description: This 109 could make tight turns without stalling while having a shot out flap and a crippled wing. I found it quite suspicious.
Detailed description, conditions: Multiplayer, TAW server.

Additional assets: Track

Edited by mincer
  • Thanks 1

Can somebody pls make the 50 cals work in that game? especially the mc 202 ones the damagemodel is off. no plane can take sustained fire of 50 caliber machine guns especially not on the unarmoured tailsection. theres a reason those guns they wee used so much in world war 2 by most nations. but being a small annoyance surely is not the reason the mc 202 is unplayable in this game and also not represented as it should be, its like this thing is only equipped with peashooters (which i can se for the 7,7) but the 50cal is clearly under performing by a huge margin. I have shot those guns, they don't care care about engine blocks or small amoured plates they gonna wreck both 

• Upvote 1

Brief description: The VMF Squadrons have an Amphibious A-20.

Detailed Description:
In the most recent mission of my ongoing JG 52 Kuban Career we had to intercept a flight of A20s over the Black Sea bound for Kerch.
The mission was fairly standard and the engagement went off effectively without a hitch as per usual- with one notable exception.
One of the A20s which was downed around halfway through the sortie crashed into the black sea at a rather sharp angle, but the airframe was not destroyed on impact and afterwards the aircraft refused to sink.
The crew had bailed out (abandoned ship?) around the time that the A20 had caught on fire, but upon crashing into the water the fire was put out and the plane just floated there for the rest of the mission like a really confused boat- refusing to sink in spite of the fact that most airplanes cannot float, especially with multiple 20mm shell holes and an open bomb bay door.
Soon after the A20 crashed I did notice it floating there, but assumed that it would sink as planes usually do and didn't think anything of it.
It wasn't until I was in the pattern at Anapa ~40 minutes later that I noticed a white light floating a couple kilometers out at sea and went to investigate.
It turned out to be the A20s still lit taillight, so I circled low over the bomber for several minutes, long enough to determine that there was nobody inside and that it had no intention of sinking.
If I still had ammo left I probably would have strafed it but I had unfortunately run out so I eventually just left it alone in its new life as a signal buoy and returned to base.

The A20 was listed as destroyed in the after action report and credit was thankfully given to my overly ambitious Deputy Commander Anton Schulte who is now a mere 2 kills away from the Knights Cross and would probably have stolen a rowboat to go confront it with his Walther PPK otherwise.

Luckily I managed to record almost the entire incident, and while this seems to be a relatively harmless and uncommon bug I figured I might as well report it just to be safe, and also because it made me laugh.

Track:
Another_Bomber_Intercept.zip

Screenshots:

Aristarkh Haritonov, unaware of his imminent surprise transfer to the VMF:

Spoiler

3.thumb.jpg.8a7c71e74e55d0ef52f6a9570a751057.jpg

An unsafe boat launch:

Spoiler

4.thumb.jpg.d36b53dd5dcef87eaea3984a39af88be.jpg

My Heart Will Go On:

Spoiler

20200503232443_1.thumb.jpg.8c23a89554877b20eed7826bcfa5bf84.jpg

Putting out wing fires 101:

Spoiler

20200503232614_1.thumb.jpg.cc863b0b624294ec11c41623c30ce47e.jpg

The engines continued to run despite being in contact with the water, and only died once all the fuel leaked out, after which the A20 ended up getting flipped over by a wave.

Somethings not quite right:

Spoiler

20200503230835_1.thumb.jpg.1ab4ef794200b51150bcb1e1685d0794.jpg

Smooth sailing(?):

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.159ce7e5e7f83d775066a4688957db8a.jpg

For the optimal track viewing experience, I recommend this: 

Spoiler

PC Config:

64 Bit Windows 10
Intel i-5-8600 @ 3.10 GHz, 6 Cores

Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU

16 GB RAM

Brief description: Colision model (DM)
Detailed description, conditions: Looks that colisions are not well represented. A lot of the times I colide with other plane and I did not even manage to damage my prop. Oposite happened to me as well. I had multiple big smashes as well with other plane and the plane is still on perfect condition with the engine turned on or not. 

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): I made the track offline and is quite easy to replicate on any plane.

here you can se a track of one example: https://mega.nz/folder/RZd31YLA#Q661XBHoJfWVJ0WEYV5C9w

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): i7 6700k GTX1070 Ti overclocked 16Gb ramDDR4 

Posted (edited)

Brief description: Bf109 is still much more durable from the rear than other comparable aircraft.  Tested in 4.006 and now again in 4.007.

Detailed description, conditions:  I put  together some custom single player missions to allow me to use a bomber gunner to engage various static aircraft with a variety of guns.  In the video clip I'm attaching I used the A20 .50 gunner position.  I aimed at the tail junction of each aircraft (offset slightly high and right) and recorded how much damage was required to score a kill (PK, engine, fire, control loss etc).  In my rather extensive testing in 4.006 the 109s were generally about 3 times as durable as the average of the other BoBp fighters.  I was still putting all my 4.006 data together when 4.007 came out, so I did a quick pass in the current version with just the 109K, 190D, P-51 and Spit 9 running 10 tests per aircraft.  Average rounds to kill - Spit 9: 23.9,  P-51: 42, 190D: 62.1, 109K: 120.5.  These results mirror what I saw in 4.006 (and 4.005 using a in flight test).

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Link to test data in a google spreadsheet.  Link to the .50 test mission. 

P-51 tracks

K4 tracks

D9 tracks

Spitfire Tracks

Intel Core I7-7700HQ

1070GTX

16gb RAM

Win 10 home

Edited by KW_1979
Added zipped tracks of test runs

Brief description: Me262 engines continue to run while aircraft is inverted.

Detailed description: Me262 will happily fly until fuel exhaustion while inverted. While not really a problem, it's not very realistic. Same happens in an inverted spin.

On 6/10/2020 at 6:47 AM, KW_1979 said:

Brief description: Bf109 is still much more durable from the rear than other comparable aircraft.  Tested in 4.006 and now again in 4.007.

Detailed description, conditions:  I put  together some custom single player missions to allow me to use a bomber gunner to engage various static aircraft with a variety of guns.  In the video clip I'm attaching I used the A20 .50 gunner position.  I aimed at the tail junction of each aircraft (offset slightly high and right) and recorded how much damage was required to score a kill (PK, engine, fire, control loss etc).  In my rather extensive testing in 4.006 the 109s were generally about 3 times as durable as the average of the other BoBp fighters.  I was still putting all my 4.006 data together when 4.007 came out, so I did a quick pass in the current version with just the 109K, 190D, P-51 and Spit 9 running 10 tests per aircraft.  Average rounds to kill - Spit 9: 23.9,  P-51: 42, 190D: 62.1, 109K: 120.5.  These results mirror what I saw in 4.006 (and 4.005 using a in flight test).

In version 4.007, the approach to calculating damage to the rods and control cables changed, thank you for the test.

9 hours ago, Niall7913 said:

Brief description: Me262 engines continue to run while aircraft is inverted.

Detailed description: Me262 will happily fly until fuel exhaustion while inverted. While not really a problem, it's not very realistic. Same happens in an inverted spin.

Ok, check it out.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Head on attack with Tempest V.

Took hits from 20mm Hispanos and in screen shot I notice a wheel has popped out, but U/C doors are intact?

Win10 Home

i7 8700 o/c'd to 4.2ghz

32gb DDR4 RAM @3000mhz

ZOTAC AMP Extreme GTX1080 GPU 11gb GDDR5 RAM

250gb Samsung EVO M2 SSD

3 TB HDD

B59346FE46CE2F88B4C8C12A952FC2FCD19F4C35 (1920×1080)

180702542C03EE651088CAF850B70819357D1549 (1920×1080)

No biggy, but I thought it worth mentioning...

Edited by Reggie_Mental
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Reggie_Mental said:

Took hits from 20mm Hispanos and in screen shot I notice a wheel has popped out, but U/C doors are intact?

Thank you, we will fix it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Reggie_Mental said:

Head on attack with Tempest V.

Love that shark skin! 

Posted (edited)

With damaged main gun, I decided to test tiger armor against SU152 at close range.

I was hit badly and started to celebrate that some other damage than total destruction is modeled in German tanks, but unfortunately its a bug :)

at  9:19 I was hit by SU152 and the Tiger exploded in 3d model.

In cockpit view, driver is still alive with damaged vision slot, even the automatic extinguisher is working until the camera moves away in  9:34.

Also the driver vision slot was closed and after the hit is opened.

Mission track:

https://www.rapidshare.com.cn/WZeaEQU

tiger1.jpg

tiger2.jpg

Edited by Voidhunger

Posted (edited)

Brief description:

Tempest wing breaks at 5 G.

Detailed description, conditions:

The wing doesn't break if you just pull up at 5G. But it will break, of course, if you pull up at over 10G but, that's to be expected. It's breaking at 5G which is incorrect.

The wing breaks at 5G if the Tempest is "porpoising", like you do when chasing a 109 that is pushing and pulling on its elevators.

From an offline mission: you need to be above 360 mph/ 580kmh for it to break, otherwise you do no damage just black-out. You can see I've done a shallow dive and pushing forward and back on the stick, UP to 5G. when the wing breaks the pilot isn't blacked-out, he isn't even breathing heavy.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.60 GHz

RAM 32 GB

Windows 10 Home 2004 64-bit OS

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080TI

Valve Index VR HMD

Edited by Black-Witch
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@Black-Witch, we did a number of tests, well, neither 5G nor 7G wings break off in the game, most likely you had a short-term overload of >10G, which in tacview averaged and was 5G.

• Thanks 1

This happened 8-25-20 on combox box.  Need to look at FM for d9 when vert stab is missing.  It was not hard to control with whole stab completely gone.  I even came out of my flat spin and back into normal flight before I started the video.  

• Haha 1

Brief description: Small amounts of P-51 tail damage results in a crazy nose down pitching moment, and ailerons seem to do nothing after taking small amounts of damage.

Detailed description, conditions: Taking just two 13mm MG bullets to the P-51 tail results in the plane doing a severe -2G nose over. The nose over is so bad that sometimes its unrecoverable, and it always takes nearly full aft stick to stabilize the aircraft. The other issue is that lightly damaged ailerons don’t seem to do anything at all anymore. Again, taking just two MG131 bullets to each aileron results in, as far as I can tell, zero aileron roll authority, even though you can look over and clearly see your ailerons still attached and moving just fine. The only other plane I tested was the P-38 and its ailerons do the same exact thing when damaged, where they provide zero roll authority as well.

The beginning shows the problem with the tail and the aileron problem demonstration starts at 2m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVv29wFtsaI

On 8/27/2020 at 7:43 AM, VBF-12_Snake9 said:

This happened 8-25-20 on combox box.  Need to look at FM for d9 when vert stab is missing.  It was not hard to control with whole stab completely gone.  I even came out of my flat spin and back into normal flight before I started the video.  

There will be a revision of the fw 190 of all modifications when I can't say yet.

On 8/27/2020 at 8:47 AM, Cecil said:

Brief description: Small amounts of P-51 tail damage results in a crazy nose down pitching moment, and ailerons seem to do nothing after taking small amounts of damage.

Detailed description, conditions: Taking just two 13mm MG bullets to the P-51 tail results in the plane doing a severe -2G nose over. The nose over is so bad that sometimes its unrecoverable, and it always takes nearly full aft stick to stabilize the aircraft. The other issue is that lightly damaged ailerons don’t seem to do anything at all anymore. Again, taking just two MG131 bullets to each aileron results in, as far as I can tell, zero aileron roll authority, even though you can look over and clearly see your ailerons still attached and moving just fine. The only other plane I tested was the P-38 and its ailerons do the same exact thing when damaged, where they provide zero roll authority as well.

The beginning shows the problem with the tail and the aileron problem demonstration starts at 2m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVv29wFtsaI

Thank you, I'll check it out.

Brief description: The wings of following airplanes seem to be still too weak to fly them effecitvley in combat: Albatros D.Va, Halberstadt CL.II, S.E 5a, Sopwith Camel, Sopwith Dolphin, Spad XIII. 

Detailed description, conditions: The wings on the aforementioned airplanes are precieved as too weak. After some minor invisible battle damage the wings will come off in moderate combat maneuvers. Also the control cable loss due to battle damaged seems to be over exessive. It occours too frequently on all Flying Circus planes. Is there a hitbox for that or is there a chance of every hit recieved that will trigger the control cable loss in the damage model?

image.png

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 18

Brief description: 

Hs129, manual propeller pitch is inverted (100% is coarse, 0% is fine)

Windows 10, Intel i5 3570 @ 4.30Ghz, Gtx 1080 8 Gb (driver version 452.06), 16Gb ram