Autopilot and AI

BlackSix

9 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@Sybreed, The first rule of the pilot: if you see anti-aircraft guns, destroy them without hesitation. You can give your own target designations to your wingmen.

So I need to be squad leader?

I still don't think this is a satisfying answer. There are aa guns next to every target in the sim.

I doubt it would be a valid excuse for a pilot back in the day. 

"Did you destroy that very important bridge to prevent the enemy from invading the town?"

" No we saw AA guns and thought these were more important as they can't just be replaced the day after right? So, how is the town doing lmao?"

"..."

• Like 1

1stCL/rudidlo
1 hour ago, Sybreed said:

" No we saw AA guns and thought these were more important as they can't just be replaced the day after right? So, how is the town doing lmao?"

Just accept the fact that artificial intelligence is much more artificial stupidity and can make just simple decisions just to have enough resources to calculate all other aspects in the game and give you enough frames per seconds.

10 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@Sybreed, The first rule of the pilot: if you see anti-aircraft guns, destroy them without hesitation. You can give your own target designations to your wingmen.

I'm going to have to agree with @Sybreed on this one as well - unless the target is specifically AA guns, the AI need to be attacking the stated target in the briefing - not some random AA gun. This is especially now more important in career mode now, since fighter-bomber missions now consist of one dive on the target and then they head for home.

Plus, it's a woeful waste of ammunition to see the AI waste 1000 lbs of bombs on a single AA gun. 

3 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Just accept the fact that artificial intelligence is much more artificial stupidity and can make just simple decisions just to have enough resources to calculate all other aspects in the game and give you enough frames per seconds.

That's not really a valid or logical point to make - we're talking about what target the AI should target - not some complex air maneuver in the middle of a dogfight. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1stCL/rudidlo
3 hours ago, LukeFF said:

That's not really a valid or logical point to make - we're talking about what target the AI should target - not some complex air maneuver in the middle of a dogfight.

It could make decision algorithm more complex and resource more consuming. I don't know the code, probably developers would add it to the roadmap. Who knows? Now we don't have the other way than accept the AA is primary objective at the destination.

I've noticed  that whole flight is not attacking target with straight approach. There is turning around the target counter clockwise. And when all the AAs start shooting at my mates, in this situation I'm in the other half-sphere and shooting at those AAs with primary guns. When we clean all the flaks, then I'm going to drop bombs.

2 hours ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

It could make decision algorithm more complex and resource more consuming. I don't know the code, probably developers would add it to the roadmap. Who knows? Now we don't have the other way than accept the AA is primary objective at the destination.

I've noticed  that whole flight is not attacking target with straight approach. There is turning around the target counter clockwise. And when all the AAs start shooting at my mates, in this situation I'm in the other half-sphere and shooting at those AAs with primary guns. When we clean all the flaks, then I'm going to drop bombs.

They don't do that anymore. They go straight to the AA guns and drop their bombs on them. In my last mission,  they dropped 5 bombs on 2 AA units and 3 were completely wasted. Then they went back to base. Talk about anticlimactic after flying there for 20 minutes. 

• 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus

Thanks for the answers, we will analyze how to make the choice of targets for AI more "human". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/20/2021 at 8:02 PM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Thanks for the answers, we will analyze how to make the choice of targets for AI more "human". 

thank you for looking into it. If we can help in any way we'll be glad to.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The latest addition to Flying Circus, the Bréguet 14, uses a bomber AI model (e.g Ju 87), while the previously released Airco D.4, which is a WWI bomber that has a greater payload, uses a fighter AI model (e.g. Me Bf 109).  Since the Bréguet 14 sets the proper precedence for WWI bomber AI behavior, please change the AI of the Airco D.4 to also use the WWI bomber AI that the Bréguet 14 uses  Two prior issues addressing this change are in recently made posts, I have linked them here and here.  Thanks for your attention and hoping to see this change made soon.

Edited by AcidBath
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm, messed up on something which made a (now deleted) duplicate post.  Sorry there.

Edited by AcidBath
  • Confused 1

JG4_Moltke1871

While my Bomber Career on Kuban: Some AI mates can’t follow the speed of formation while retreat because they now close the Bomb doors 🙄

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus

@JG4_Moltke1871, I'm sorry, but I didn't understand anything. More details are needed for analysis, career on what type of aircraft, what phase in the career, airfield. The easiest way is to record a track with a problem, archive it and provide it to me.

• Thanks 1

Noisemaker

Brief description:  Comrades failing to uphold their duties to the Motherland
Detailed description, conditions:  2 members of a U2/Po-2 flight fail to release weapons despite making multiple attack runs on a target.  All other flight members released weapons.  Weapons were mixed bombs and rockets or just bombs.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  Attached Mission.gen and Track.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Irrelevant.

_gen.Mission.zip career-16-Tikhon Mikhailov-1942.2021-11-17_15-49-00_00.trk.zip

• Thanks 1

I was asked to link this post over here so it is more visible to the dev team. It's nothing to do with autopilot however it is to do with AI wingmen not engaging enemy aircraft as they are supposed to. Linked post includes a mission and 2 tacview acmi's. 

Edited by Stonehouse
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2021 at 10:16 AM, Noisemaker said:

Brief description:  Comrades failing to uphold their duties to the Motherland
Detailed description, conditions:  2 members of a U2/Po-2 flight fail to release weapons despite making multiple attack runs on a target.  All other flight members released weapons.  Weapons were mixed bombs and rockets or just bombs.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  Attached Mission.gen and Track.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Irrelevant.

_gen.Mission.zip 427.24 kB · 0 downloads career-16-Tikhon Mikhailov-1942.2021-11-17_15-49-00_00.trk.zip 2.76 MB · 0 downloads

Update to the above:

Apparently this bug occurs after the player attacks the target and the mission accomplished message is displayed.  I flew 2 flights today as flight lead, and can confirm that if I attack the target, no other plane will release weapons (despite making attack runs) after my attack.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, echo-2 said:

Bots see through trees (and grass), Tank Crew

As far as I remember, AI units (tanks) are not targeting you when there is 50 meters of forest between you and AI unit.