On 6/19/2020 at 3:44 PM, -DED-Rapidus said:

On 6/14/2020 at 1:26 PM, John_Yossarian said:

Brief description:

First radio message of a mission gets stuck displaying

Need a mission to analyze.

I think this does actually have something to do with the mission generation in PWCG, as there is a problem with where the aircraft are spawning too, so please ignore this for now. I will report again if needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening Friends,

i just bought the Game Il-2 Stalingrad and BoB. Playing since 1946 since with the same Joystick, ever managed to fly without Twist Axis to roll on Field etc..now I have the Problem I cannot put the X/Y (Jaw/Rudder buttons) on my Joystick - Buttons like a an Axis with the automatic neutral position(Full left, full right, neutral) . I have to press it for example  5% "manually" 
I do not understand and really want to play this fine game. It seems to me I have to give it back or buy pedals/New Joy.
Please Friends, anyone there with an old Joystick know a Solution? Thx for Help.

Greetings
Flo

Edited by MasurenFlo
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have quite often issues with the HUD in Tank Crew.

The HUD is stuck and is not responding to H key, I key, commander orders key or enter key.

Sometimes whole keyboard is stuck and not responding to nothing, movement or even the ESC.

When the tank is destroyed or badly damaged keyboard is start to respond.

• 1 month later...
  • 1CGS
On 7/6/2020 at 11:10 PM, MasurenFlo said:

Good evening Friends,

i just bought the Game Il-2 Stalingrad and BoB. Playing since 1946 since with the same Joystick, ever managed to fly without Twist Axis to roll on Field etc..now I have the Problem I cannot put the X/Y (Jaw/Rudder buttons) on my Joystick - Buttons like a an Axis with the automatic neutral position(Full left, full right, neutral) . I have to press it for example  5% "manually" 
I do not understand and really want to play this fine game. It seems to me I have to give it back or buy pedals/New Joy.
Please Friends, anyone there with an old Joystick know a Solution? Thx for Help.

Greetings
Flo

Sorry, I didn't understand the question, do you have axes that aren't defined? what kind of joystick do you have?

On 7/15/2020 at 2:16 AM, Voidhunger said:

Hi, i have quite often issues with the HUD in Tank Crew.

The HUD is stuck and is not responding to H key, I key, commander orders key or enter key.

Sometimes whole keyboard is stuck and not responding to nothing, movement or even the ESC.

When the tank is destroyed or badly damaged keyboard is start to respond.

Is the problem currently relevant in version 4.009?

22 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Is the problem currently relevant in version 4.009?

Well,  sometimes the command menu is stuck now, not responding to Command ON/OFF keys, only F1- etc buttons are working.

So if you want to close the command menu, you have to choose command first and after that the main command key ON/OFF is working again.

I had this after the patch 2-3 times

and I had 2-3 times problem when the command menu key didnt work at all. No menu, nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Brief description:

Tank Crew Binoculars not working after 4.501 update
Detailed description, conditions:

Hi, i notice a bug, after you press RSht+2 to change combat posts to Tank Commander the Binoculars (LCtl+5) is not working anymore in Tank Crew, i think it has something to do with tank commander 2nd firing point key RSht+2.

- Binoculars is working when you use LCtrl+C to switch combat post and the press Binoculars (LCtl+5)

- if you press RSht+2 and then Binoculars (LCtl+5) is not working

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1CGS
On 9/18/2020 at 5:56 PM, Geoweb35 said:

Brief description:

Tank Crew Binoculars not working after 4.501 update
Detailed description, conditions:

Hi, i notice a bug, after you press RSht+2 to change combat posts to Tank Commander the Binoculars (LCtl+5) is not working anymore in Tank Crew, i think it has something to do with tank commander 2nd firing point key RSht+2.

- Binoculars is working when you use LCtrl+C to switch combat post and the press Binoculars (LCtl+5)

- if you press RSht+2 and then Binoculars (LCtl+5) is not working

Please check the version 4.502.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hapless literally means what you'd expect it to mean: "without hap"—hap being another word for fortune or luck. ... English has several words to describe those lacking good fortune, including ill-starred, ill-fated, unlucky, and luckless, a word formed in parallel to hapless by adding the suffix -less. :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Brief description: SU-122 Station notes on Gunner and Commander have empty 'Notes' tab.
Detailed description, conditions: The SU-122 notes have missing 'Notes' tab for Gunner and Commander.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

Su-122 notes screen screenshot

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.1f7be3164d7f337237446c89ceb12062.jpg
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): -

Edited by [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@[N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier, the text didn't load once or is permanently empty?

image.png

I've observed the text not loading consistently multiple times, so its permanently empty.

And its only  the Notes tab for SU-122 Gunner and Commander. The Descriptions and Commands List tabs worked.

I only checked English too.

Edited by [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

As you don't seem to monitor what people report on the steam forums these days and rely on the existing community (those who remain) to answer posts about issues and such, I'll report this on your official site and hopefully you'll do something about this problem.

After the last update which made my controller unrecognised in the game, I had to re map all my functions even though my settings still showed as being mapped to the original controller functions. I got my game back to feeling like normal and played a few career missions and all seemed well. The odd thing was that a function that was mapped to my F1 function, normally the in cockpit view, this was titled -inpcam-switch-mc-close. Now I've searched and searched and can not for the life of me find this function anywhere else in the mapping settings. There is also one called -inpcam-switch-mc-far mapped to my F4 function, but that doesn't exist in the settings either. If I try and remap the F1 and F4, the other function remains and I can't get rid of it. Sometimes it just vanishes too, but then comes back without me changing anything ? This I have brought up on steam but got no answers. Everything was working ok regarding the functions though so I just stopped thinking about it. 

But now I'm having another issue ! I have friendly and enemy planes mapped to alt+F2 and alt+F3....normally....it still is according to my settings, but when I use them, they don't work. When I press alt+F2 to look at friendly planes, the camera shoots to our airfield, no planes on the runway and I can't do anything, pan or zoom, I've tried mapping friendly planes to another combination and when I use it, it does exactly the same thing, shoots to the runway.

I'm hoping that you can look into this and I'll hopefully see some sort of response or fix. Until then, I'm done with the game, I feel like I have no control of some aspects and the last issue is particularly bothersome because I want to record videos and at the moment all I can focus on is my plane ?  

• 3 weeks later...

A few days ago I've bought Battle of Stalingrad and, shortly after, the add-ons for Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte.
Now, I'm struggling to have working elevator trim up/down by button 4 and 6 of my Hotas X. Curiously, button 5 works (set to zeroing trim), but currently I can get elevator trimming only by KB.
Of course, those joystick buttons work perfectly, as I've checked in the relevant control panel, as well as they work right now and from ages in IL-2 1946 and IL-2 CoD - Desert Wings.
I searched both at Steam and IL-2 official forums, but it looks that there are no hints by developers. Some user found kind of workaround, that I tried with no avail.

Today, I have successfully tested (in the sense that the trim control works via buttons on the joystick) the following aircraft:

Ju 88A-4
He 111H-16
He 111H-6
Ju 87D-3
Bf 110G-2
Bf 110E-2
Fw 190A-8
Fw 190A-5
Fw 190A-3
Pe-2s.87
Pe-2s.35
A-20B
IL-2mod43
IL-2mod42
IL-2mod41
Tempest Mk.Vs.2
Spitfire Mk.IXe
P-51D-15
P-47D-28
P-39L-1
Yak-7Bs.36
Yak-1s.69
MiG-3s.24
La-5s.8
LaGG-3s.29

Whilst the trim control via buttons on the joystick DOES NOT WORK for the remaining aircraft, which are:
all Bf 109
the Me 262

plus the I-16typ24 exception, which historically had no in-flight trim adjustment, and is therefore correct.

Edited by greybeard_52
formatting
1 hour ago, greybeard_52 said:

A few days ago I've bought Battle of Stalingrad and, shortly after, the add-ons for Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte.
Now, I'm struggling to have working elevator trim up/down by button 4 and 6 of my Hotas X. Curiously, button 5 works (set to zeroing trim), but currently I can get elevator trimming only by KB.
Of course, those joystick buttons work perfectly, as I've checked in the relevant control panel, as well as they work right now and from ages in IL-2 1946 and IL-2 CoD - Desert Wings.
I searched both at Steam and IL-2 official forums, but it looks that there are no hints by developers. Some user found kind of workaround, that I tried with no avail.

Today, I have successfully tested (in the sense that the trim control works via buttons on the joystick) the following aircraft:

Ju 88A-4
He 111H-16
He 111H-6
Ju 87D-3
Bf 110G-2
Bf 110E-2
Fw 190A-8
Fw 190A-5
Fw 190A-3
Pe-2s.87
Pe-2s.35
A-20B
IL-2mod43
IL-2mod42
IL-2mod41
Tempest Mk.Vs.2
Spitfire Mk.IXe
P-51D-15
P-47D-28
P-39L-1
Yak-7Bs.36
Yak-1s.69
MiG-3s.24
La-5s.8
LaGG-3s.29

Whilst the trim control via buttons on the joystick DOES NOT WORK for the remaining aircraft, which are:
all Bf 109
the Me 262

plus the I-16typ24 exception, which historically had no in-flight trim adjustment, and is therefore correct.

The BF-109 and 262 do not have trim tabs, it has an adjustable stabilizer, which has a different keybinding in the menu. I would just assign whatever buttons you have assigned to pitch trim also to the stabilizer adjustment. I'm not sure if the "neutralize trim" command works with the stabilizer, never tried it.

Thanks for your reply.

10 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

The BF-109 and 262 do not have trim tabs, it has an adjustable stabilizer...

True; I generalized to simplify my presentation, but actually I binded same buttons to "stabilizers", as you can read in following excerpt from current.actions:

adjustable_stabilizer_up,                         joy0_b6,                                          0|
adjustable_stabilizer_dn,                         key_rcontrol+key_up,                              0| // Adjustable stabilizer switch: pitch down
adjustable_stabilizer_dn,                         joy0_b4,                                          0|

unfortunately, with no avail.

6 minutes ago, greybeard_52 said:

Thanks for your reply.

True; I generalized to simplify my presentation, but actually I binded same buttons to "stabilizers", as you can read in following excerpt from current.actions:

adjustable_stabilizer_up,                         joy0_b6,                                          0|
adjustable_stabilizer_dn,                         key_rcontrol+key_up,                              0| // Adjustable stabilizer switch: pitch down
adjustable_stabilizer_dn,                         joy0_b4,                                          0|

Some of the trim controlsare only on an 'axis', and even if you don't bind them to an axis, the game still uses the axis keybindings.

I honestly don't fly the 109 and 262 much, so I'm not sure if their stabilizers are modeled as on an axis. Look for a keybinding for stabilizer axis (it will be one binding, instead of one for up and one for down). In that one, when you click on it, you should be able to set a button to adjust the axis down and one to make it go up. Set that to joy0_b6 for up and joy0_b4 for down and see if it works.

16 minutes ago, greybeard_52 said:

Thanks for your reply.

8 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I honestly don't fly the 109 and 262 much, so I'm not sure if their stabilizers are modeled as on an axis.

The BF109 and the ME262 have their stabs modeled to an axis. So, even if you don't intend to use an axis or don't have any spare axis to control the trim,

you still need to define buttons/switches for those intended axis. Have a look here and pay attention to the curved arrows (hint):

1951727142_Newtrimoptions.thumb.jpg.3602648fa492638d28b8f20241a90666.jpg

If you complete what I show you here, then you shouldn't run into trouble anymore, simply do it.

Cheerio

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

I honestly don't fly the 109 and 262 much...

I think you should simply try on your own system, checking if you get trim control on these two planes also by joystick buttons.

1 hour ago, THERION said:

If you complete what I show you here, then you shouldn't run into trouble anymore, simply do it.

I did that too, as you can check, again, from relevant current.actions excerpt:

rpc_pitch_trim,                                   key_rcontrol+key_up/key_rcontrol+key_down,        0| // Elevator trim axis
rpc_pitch_trim,                                   joy0_b6/joy0_b4,                                  0|

but even this trick does not work for me.☹️

Edited by greybeard_52
formatting
3 minutes ago, greybeard_52 said:

I think you should simply try on your own system, checking if you get trim control on these two planes also by joystick buttons.

Did you try Therion's fix above? I am not at my Il-2 computer, and I really think he (and I) have hit on the solution here. 

When they changed the way trim worked awhile back I set my trim buttons for all the possible trim bindings and never touched them since, and haven't had any issue with trim since then, so I assume there is not a glaring bug here. 

1 minute ago, greybeard_52 said:

Yes, sir. But, as I stated above replying to Therion, it doesn't work for me, sorry. Must be an hiccup of my own system.😟

Apologies, I did not see that reply. OK, so there is something else going on. We may be able to narrow things down.

Some things to try/explore:

I would start a ticket with Il-2 support regarding the issue. It can take them a bit of time to respond, so even if we manage to solve the problem, it's better to have a ticket in now rather than waiting until you've got nothing left to try and having to wait a week. If your bindings are all correct, it may very well be an issue with the game files. If they get back to you and you've already fixed the problem, you've lost nothing, and you can just tell them you corrected it.

Also, try this. Spawn a 109 on the tarmac, sit in the cockpit, and look at the trim control in the cockpit. Hold the trim down button for a few seconds, then hold the trim up button for a few seconds. Does the axis in the cockpit actually move? While doing this, see if you can look in external view. Does the stabilizer move on the plane? Make sure you are holding the button down for at least a few seconds, it may just be taking a while to overcome the control's 'inertia'. 

Try unbinding the keyboard controls for the stabilizer, and then trying the buttons. Maybe for some wacky reason that's causing a problem.

Are you using any kind of third party joystick software for keybinding? Do you just have the Hotax X, or do you have other controllers in the game?

2 hours ago, greybeard_52 said:

I did that too, as you can check, again, from relevant current.actions excerpt:

rpc_pitch_trim,                                   key_rcontrol+key_up/key_rcontrol+key_down,        0| // Elevator trim axis
rpc_pitch_trim,                                   joy0_b6/joy0_b4,                                  0|

but even this trick does not work for me.☹️

I ask myself why the heck are you altering/modifying the input files manually? Why don't you just use the damn key mapping interface?

And if you're at it - are you sure that your input device numbering is correct? joy0, joy1 is sometimes confusing. So at least make sure

you have the correct input device number in your input file.

Btw. now that I'm reading your input file again - please use the same buttons/switches of your joy0_b6/joy0_b4 and paste them in

the line where you have the keyboard command in place. Like this:

rpc_pitch_trim,                                   joy0_b6/joy0_b4,        0| // Elevator trim axis
rpc_pitch_trim,                                   joy0_b6/joy0_b4,        0|    

Hope this will help and cure your issue.

Cheerio

Edited by THERION

First of all, thank you sirs for patient, willing and continued help.

16 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I would start a ticket with Il-2 support regarding the issue.

Please, let me know how.

14 hours ago, THERION said:

I ask myself why the heck are you altering/modifying the input files manually? Why don't you just use the damn key mapping interface?

Please, don't get angry! I do use in-game key mapping interface; I posted excerpts from file just to save time.

Basically, I have already done, before posting this topic, all your suggestions on my own, except the test where RedKestrel says to press and hold the joystick buttons tied to the trim, waiting a bit and visually checking their movement at the interior and exterior view. Regarding the latter, however, since for all the other aircraft the response is instantaneous and visible on the screen from the small aids that appear on the right for "normal" difficulty, I believe that it would still be a bug of the program.

4 hours ago, greybeard_52 said:

Please, let me know how.

Please, don't get angry! I do use in-game key mapping interface; I posted excerpts from file just to save time.

Basically, I have already done, before posting this topic, all your suggestions on my own, except the test where RedKestrel says to press and hold the joystick buttons tied to the trim, waiting a bit and visually checking their movement at the interior and exterior view. Regarding the latter, however, since for all the other aircraft the response is instantaneous and visible on the screen from the small aids that appear on the right for "normal" difficulty, I believe that it would still be a bug of the program.

Here is the link for support:

Support / IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles

I don't think this is a bug, per se. Other people use the stabilizer on both those planes all the time. There is something wrong with your keybinding, with your program, or something else.

I would try the 'holding down the button' thing, since some controls seem to have 'inertia', where the longer you hold it down the faster it goes. This often is applied to trim wheels and radiators and such. A tap may not be enough to activate it. And I advised looking to see if it is a problem where the control is animating but having no impact on flight. 

It may be that there is a problem with your install, but we have to go through this methodically to rule out minor issues so you don't go through the headache for nothing. That way too you can also tell support what you have tried so they can get down to the meat of the issue if needed.

5 hours ago, greybeard_52 said:

Please, let me know how.

So you did what I suggested and it still does not work? Did you do exactly this?

rpc_pitch_trim,                                   joy0_b6/joy0_b4,        0| // Elevator trim axis
rpc_pitch_trim,                                   joy0_b6/joy0_b4,        0|    

Recheck please - do it like this (green text portion). And here again, this is actually how I mapped my trim commands - it's working flawlessly.

1951727142_Newtrimoptions.thumb.jpg.3602648fa492638d28b8f20241a90666.jpg

6 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Here is the link for support:

Thanks, message sent.

I don't think this is a bug, per se. Other people use the stabilizer on both those planes all the time. There is something wrong with your keybinding, with your program, or something else.

Sorry, I tend to say that as I see it: a bug of this sim on my PC, but must be as you're saying.

I would try the 'holding down the button' thing

Believe me, I kept those buttons on my joystick pressed for seconds.

6 hours ago, THERION said:

So you did what I suggested and it still does not work? Did you do exactly this?

rpc_pitch_trim,                                   joy0_b6/joy0_b4,        0| // Elevator trim axis
rpc_pitch_trim,                                   joy0_b6/joy0_b4,        0|

Yes sir, I did it exactly. I trust in your statement that these setting work flawlessy on your system; again, must be something very, very odd in mine.

11 hours ago, greybeard_52 said:

Thanks, message sent.

Sorry, I tend to say that as I see it: a bug of this sim on my PC, but must be as you're saying.

Believe me, I kept those buttons on my joystick pressed for seconds.

Yes sir, I did it exactly. I trust in your statement that these setting work flawlessy on your system; again, must be something very, very odd in mine.

OK then - can you please make a screenshot of your key mapping (the same I did with my trim settings) and post it here? Thank you.

Cheerio

12 hours ago, THERION said:

OK then - can you please make a screenshot of your key mapping (the same I did with my trim settings) and post it here? Thank you.

Of course! here it is (please note that I restored previous settings after having tested your suggestion):

Greybeard_52_key_mapping.png

28 minutes ago, greybeard_52 said:

Of course! here it is (please note that I restored previous settings after having tested your suggestion):

It does not appear that your adjustable stabilizer axis has anything assigned to it. You have the buttons assiend to the switches, which will work for some planes with adjustable stabs, but not the axis. Assign buttons to that just like you did with Elevator Trim Axis. Use the same ones. It should work.

EDIT: Or are you saying you tried this and reverted back ,and it still did not work? 

Edited by RedKestrel

hi greybeard - you do not have a binding for the adjustable stabiliser axis (joy_b4/b6) - thats the control for 109 stabiliser use (as it used a wheel to control this stabiliser). Similar to how you have both axis and button mapped for elevator trim.

The word axis on here does not refer to what you use on the joystick - it refers to what type of control was used in  the aircraft. 190 used bottons so stabiliser switch up/dn work for it, and 109 used a wheel as I say above. Most US/brit used trim wheel so the elevatro trim axis works them.

ha beaten to the punch

Edited by 56RAF_Stickz
1 hour ago, greybeard_52 said:

Have a look at the buttons you assigned - there is actually a problem with your choice. You assigned button joy0_04 to trim elevator up, but on the other hand you

assigned button joy0_04 to adjust stabs DOWN. You messed up something here.

So, I strongly recommend to clear the default commands and just assign your buttons accordingly - if your button 4 is to trim up, then use it for every trim up. And

as @RedKestrel mentioned above, do not leave out axis button assignments, even if you do not use them in your case.

Cheerio

Edited by THERION

GOT IT!😃

7 hours ago, THERION said:

So, I strongly recommend to clear the default commands and just assign your buttons accordingly - if your button 4 is to trim up, then use it for every trim up. And

as @RedKestrel mentioned above, do not leave out axis button assignments, even if you do not use them in your case.

Binding joystick buttons to stabilizer axis was resolutive, thank you so much RedKestrel and Therion; without your patient guidance I would never have succeeded. Now my settings look as follows:

Tested successfully Me 262 as well.

Cheers,

GB

Edited by greybeard_52
Added some text.

A further refinement (not to have trim commands inverted on all other aircraft). Moreover, I think that what really matters are the settings highlighted in green:

Greybeard_52_key_mapping_bis.png

Thanks again,

GB

Edited by greybeard_52
formatting
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, greybeard_52 said:

A further refinement (not to have trim commands inverted on all other aircraft). Moreover, I think that what really matters are the settings highlighted in green:

Greybeard_52_key_mapping_bis.png

Thanks again,

GB

Glad we got it sorted. I wish it was more clear in the keybindings. There was a high demand at one point for being able to put trim on an axis where it was historical, and the devs eventually made it possible. But I swear it has caused more headaches for people than any other control functionality, because if you want to use the same trim keys for every plane you have to assign them to four places now.

The good news is, now that it's set you can forget about it for the most part.