BlackSix

Controls, GUI, texts

On 11/10/2019 at 10:44 AM, JimTM said:

It appears like something corrupts the inlet shutter control if you fly a few sorties.

It's full fly a few sorties(with bombing and landing)? how many sorties

On 12/15/2019 at 1:24 AM, Monostripezebra said:

Brief description: Bristol bombsight in metric units only

Detailed description: The setting of units by plane or imperial units does not change the Bristols bombsight in flying circus to the default values as given by the brass plate in cockpit but only displays in km/h and meters as units on the dials.

we are known about a this problem with the bombsight and the imperial metric. Task was accepted and puted in the database, thanks.

On 12/3/2019 at 3:28 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

Brief description: Mission editor crashes constantly when moving around, clicking, zooming, and connecting objects.
Detailed description, conditions: The Mission Editor will crash randomly when performing some actions (moving around the map, connecting objects, zooming in too fast). There is no clear pattern other than the Editor getting "overwhelmed" and crashing when performing some actions.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Dropbox link with crash dumps (too large to attach).

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): i7 7700K, 16Gb DDR4 COrsair Dominator, Samsung M.2 SSD, EVGA 2080Ti.

Hi, we are improved work with the editor, please, check it at the next update  (vers. 4.0.4)

On 11/30/2019 at 10:31 PM, wju said:

It seems that the "No wind" setting doesn't have any effect

The "No wind" setting does have effect in the mission only at the player airplane. This is not an error(bug), but setting does not worked such as players think, task confirmed.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

It's full fly a few sorties(with bombing and landing)? how many sorties

I noticed the problem on a Combat Box Kuban map, when I flew the A-20 after flying some fighter sorties first (I think I flew one or two fighter sorties but I don't remember if I returned safely from them). If I joined the Kuban map and flew the A-20 first, the problem did not occur.

I have flown the A-20 on a Combat Box BoBP map after flying fighters first (if I remember correctly) and the problem did not occur. I'll try and run some more tests on an online Kuban and BoBP map to see if the problem reoccurs.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JimTM said:

I noticed the problem on a Combat Box Kuban map, when I flew the A-20 after flying some fighter sorties first (I think I flew one or two fighter sorties but I don't remember if I returned safely from them). If I joined the Kuban map and flew the A-20 first, the problem did not occur.

I have flown the A-20 on a Combat Box BoBP map after flying fighters first (if I remember correctly) and the problem did not occur. I'll try and run some more tests on an online Kuban and BoBP map to see if the problem reoccurs.

Re. my bug report, I tested the A-20 on the Kuban map (solo, in my own DServer) and on Combat box in the BoBP map (~52 players). Here are my results, flying short circuits of the airfield each time:

• My DServer, Kuban:    I tried flying a Yak-1 first and then the A-20 as well as flying the A-20 first. On both occasions, the inlet shutters worked fine.
  • Combat Box, BoBP: I tried flying a Spitfire IX first and then the A-20. The inlet shutters worked fine.

I think that you can mark this problem fixed for now. As far as I know, I'm the only person to have had this problem. When I can, I'll try to use the A-20 after flying other planes when I'm online and see if the problem ever reoccurs.

Thanks for your attention on this.

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2019 at 12:56 PM, silvergun said:

Brief description: MG and HMG on A20B

Detailed description: The top HMG M2.50 and the belly MG M2.30 have their names switched in the HUD.

Additional assets: Screenshots attached. System as in signature. Version 3.009.

Do you have confirmation that this is true?

On 1/7/2019 at 11:46 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

Brief description: Bf110 E radiators are not evenly opened when spawned in MP
Detailed description, conditions: WHen spawining in the Bf 110 E, the radiators for each side are not opened to the same degree. Thr first radiators might be opened to 100% while the second radiator might be opened at 25%.

Edit: I did some more testing and ti seems like the Bf110 G2 also has unevenly opened water radiatiors when it spawns in a mission in parking. This does not happen when it spawns "on runway" (engines on).

Manual start assumes the level of difficulty of the expert, usually players at the start set the mix and position of all radiators.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:51 PM, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

Brief Description: Tail light dragging behind Bomb Bay Doors when opened in A-20 QMB and MP...

Posted within this Forum several times over the last few months.

OK, let's see

On 2/18/2019 at 6:57 PM, Valis said:

Brief description: 'Gear Down' & 'Gear Released' HUD messages reversed.

Detailed description, conditions: When you lower the undercarriage the technical HUD says 'Gear Down', and when the undercarriage is down the HUD says 'Gear Released'.

Should be other way round?

Fixed

On 2/20/2019 at 2:50 AM, [CPT]Pike*HarryM said:

Version 3.10C Pe-2 Series 35, can't map propeller RPM increase/decrease command to a switch/button and have it work. I used to have it mapped to a switch on my CH quadrant and it worked fine. Redid mapping after changing other hardware, now with the same mapping the switch doesn't activate the RPM toggle in the cockpit (you can the RPM toggles going forward and back on the left hand console if it is working correctly). The default keyboard command Right Shift + - Right Shift + = still works normally.  

This is the problem relevant?

On 2/21/2019 at 7:28 PM, F/JG300_Gruber said:

While it is not a big deal, it might cause some compatibility issues with some joystick programing softwares depending on how their code is written.

So maybe this might be improved at some point within the code of IL2.

Check the problem after the update, if it is still relevant, please contact me in the PM

On 2/28/2019 at 5:17 AM, BornToBattle said:

I just got done trying the bomb sight in the A-20 after flying it once and loving the way she handles. When I press the designated key for the bomb sight though (V) I get a black boxed screen and at the bottom it says “Waiting for data”.

This is while in Rift VR.

Bug, or something previous to going into that screen needs to be done? Earlier posts here post it as some sort of bug.

problem is the actual?

On 3/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, LF_Gallahad said:

Brief description: Spitfire yaw trim speeds up when moving it to the left.
Detailed description, conditions: When the pilot uses the yaw trim, and trims the rudder left, the rotary moves faster than when you move it to the right. Also increases the speed of %, several missions and quickmissions tested.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): None provided, easy to replicate, last version as of today. 3.011b. Steam version.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Signature.

Check the problem after the update, if it is still relevant, please contact me in the PM

On 3/30/2019 at 5:32 PM, CountZero said:

Brief description:  engine mode time exceeded and time recovered dont show up in tech chat on expert difficulty settings
Detailed description, conditions: i see no reason why thouse messages should not be visable to player on any difficulty settings, with the way engine limitations work in game that they depend on time used and not temps its crusial that players is informed when they expired and especialy recovered ( no other way to know when this is achived by looking at gauges in cockpit) on any difficulty settings so i think this is bug.

Messages in question are:

'First engine: emergency mode time exceeded!'
'First engine: combat mode time exceeded!'
'First engine: boosted mode time exceeded!'

'First engine: emergency mode recovered'
'First engine: combat mode recovered'
'First engine: boosted mode recovered'

Hi, write your suggestions in the developer suggestions topic, your thoughts are very interesting

On 5/14/2019 at 8:14 AM, von_Michelstamm said:

Brief description:

unbinding axis-based controls doesn’t disable its curves and hides the ability to adjust them

We need specific examples of what is wrong in your opinion on specific axises.

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2019 at 12:56 PM, silvergun said:

Brief description: MG and HMG on A20B

Detailed description: The top HMG M2.50 and the belly MG M2.30 have their names switched in the HUD.

Additional assets: Screenshots attached. System as in signature. Version 3.009

Fixed

5 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Manual start assumes the level of difficulty of the expert, usually players at the start set the mix and position of all radiators.

"This is a feature, not a bug" 😧

Are you telling me that someone intentionally coded the radiators in a twin engine plane to be opened at different settings when starting on parking? Why?

I'm having a hard time believing that.

Either way, thanks for going over the outstanding bug reports.

5 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Hi, write your suggestions in the developer suggestions topic, your thoughts are very interesting

i dont know why i need to wright also suggestion about fixing clear bug , but ok ill do it as this is realy frustrating little bug in game for me for some time and as messages exist in game and show and work with no problems when instrument panel is turned on i expected this is easy fixable with detail report.

Edited by CountZero

14 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

We need specific examples of what is wrong in your opinion on specific axises.

I bound my look controls to a small thumb joystick on the x56. Because it's a cheap stick, I added a dead zone so it wouldn't be twitchy.

When switching to head tracking, I went through and unbound my look controls from the joystick.

The deadzone remained active while I was using the head tracking, even though nothing was bound to the controls. After lots of headache I solved it by chance by rebinding 'look' to a joystick, which gave me access to the curve controls to turn off the deadzone. 
That could have been avoided if active curves could still be accessed even when unbound, or if unbinding something automatically disabled or erased the curve settings.
It's a problem to have something affecting controls without any indication of what's doing it or any obvious way to change it.

Considering new players often start using joy look before switching to head tracking, this could happen to others.

Edited by von_Michelstamm
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2019 at 6:50 AM, silvergun said:

Brief description:

Skins that do not match the image of the GUI, Skins that do not load and errors on the specs page.

i checked, plane skins is brought to standard skins

On 11/30/2019 at 3:31 PM, wju said:

Brief description:

It seems that the "No wind" setting doesn't have any effect

Detailed description, conditions:
* in singleplayer, Quick mission, weather settings wind 2m/s, turbulence 2m/s

* settings/custom/simplification the option "No wind" has no effect

* tested both VR and monitor

* tested with Spitfire IX gunsight and A-20 bomsight on Rheinland map

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

image.png.f2dba7bae94969d1d17de376e2c316fe.png

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):