BlackSix

Controls, GUI, texts

Hi Guys,

I'm not certain if it's a bug, but switching between the two machineguns in the Ju-88 dorsal gunners position takes quiet a while. Not certain if this is realistic.

Grt M

• Upvote 1

Brief description: Special "NOICON" name is visible in radio chat

Detailed description, conditions:

The special "NOICON" name can now be used to hide blue/red icon labels - but if you add this to an item entity with radio comms support - they will appear as "NOICON" in the chat. I think it's logical to filter out this special name and treat them as having no name at all.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

post-412-0-94953800-1460307736_thumb.jpg

Brief description: Pe-2 Series 35 tailwheel retracted lamp is not lit. Other lamps are lit red. OK on Pe-2 Series 87 & 110.

Detailed description, conditions:  Cockpit view

Pe-2%20Series%2035.jpg

Brief description: game freezes (can´t click on anything, but mouse still moves) after watching any campaign video (even BOM beta)
Detailed description, conditions: NA
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 7 GPU: NVIDIA Gforce 970

Brief description: Throttle on engine 1 and 2 are set different after startup. They do not always sync up. (for some reason at 100% they seem to be the same on both throttles. On startup, is current pos of axis perceived as 0%, mayhaps? I'm using no curves.)
Detailed description, conditions: Noticed in multiplayer. Flying the Pe-2 87 series.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): NA
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Using a single Saitek Throttle Quadrant. Other hardware is in the sig.

Brief description: Bombsight GUI altimeter doesn´t toggle
Detailed description, conditions: for all bomber planes with the overlay GUI of the bombsight, the altimeter in that gui does not toggle between airfield hight and standard athmosphere.. compared to the 2 cockpit altimeter values (which are alt+A toggled) it shows a 3rd value with minor deviations from the Cockpit ISA value (I think that may be target corrected(?), as the altitude shown works in SP but makes no sense in MP and depending on map barometric conditions can have from 10m to 1000m (!)  deviation to the correct one (base value seems based on standard athmosphere value + unknown correction.

Example of different standard athmosphere settings on the ground: 175m in cockpit, 160m in GUI.. toggle alt+A does not affect the GUI reading in any way.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to=*,*|1024:576&background-color=black

B70F0C35D0515BB9A1C62904EE1190B971F1FB0D

Edited by Dr_Zeebra

Brief description: Throttle on engine 1 and 2 are set different after startup. They do not always sync up. (for some reason at 100% they seem to be the same on both throttles. On startup, is current pos of axis perceived as 0%, mayhaps? I'm using no curves.)

Detailed description, conditions: Noticed in multiplayer. Flying the Pe-2 87 series.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): NA

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Using a single Saitek Throttle Quadrant. Other hardware is in the sig.

not really a bug..

that happens when you move the throttle during the start up process and you can easily rectify it by selecting each engine singlehandedly, putting it to 0% or 100% or any other value and then the other engine to same, then select both and they´re together again.

Brief description: Map mouse wheel zoom is buggy with some resolutions

Using the mouse wheel to zoom in-game map will not zoom the map correctly to current cursor position when a non-standard resolution is used (for example the 2560×1440 has issues, while 1920x1080 works fine).

Bug: the "sticky" reargunner bug returned in extended form with 2.002

Details: when in manual reargun control for some top gunners, the gun/aiming reticule sticks again to the lowest elevation... moving the mouse up, only moves the camera. easy to reproduce.

Affects: Stuka Reargunner, He111 top gunner, all upper Pe2 gunners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWbSPl1Rs4o

Edited by Dr_Zeebra
  • Upvote 2

Brief description: Unsync Oilcoolers

After the fix update 2002b for the Patch 2002 which fixed the unsync Pitch,  now the oilcoolers are unsync. didnt matter if the pitch is back to 0 or not before starting the enigine. i have it on multiplayer servers with "full real" in the me 110 every time.

Brief description: Wrong fuel quantity in the UI for Il-2 mod.1941

See attached screenshot:

post-412-0-79315500-1467822629_thumb.jpg

Brief description: Unsync Motorpitch after some flighttime on Multiplayer and a old Problem appears again.

Detailed description, conditions: At start all is fine with the Motorpitch (on fullreal Server as Reported the Oilcooler are unsync). After some flighttime by a pitch change, they are a bit unsync 2-5%.

Yesterday on a Multiplayer Server with a Friend. We startet the Engines on the BF110, rollt to the Startpoint and wait some time. After we pitch up for the start , on booth planes the right motorpitch jumps directly up to 100% and the left motorpitch stays low. After some 360° and full pitch up and down we stop the engines. After a restart it works normal.

Brief description: Freelook issue

During playing track file - when i'm on freelook (F11 mode), then when i press pause  - my camera jumps into some void place in the map. After release pause my camera stays there.  This always happening no matter what.

Brief description: stick Gun from Gunner

Every time i try to control the turret from a gunner, i press T and the gun quick jumps a bit down(5px) and thats it. Cant move the gun. Its on alle German Gunnerpositions.

Brief description: Unable to setup ministick to control the camera.

Detailed description, conditions: I set up settings/camera controls/rotate camera up/dn and left right to use _proportional_ mini stick of my Saitek X56, and turned mouse and POV camera controls off. Nothing changed camera still controls by maose and POV but not with mini stick.

Edited by Hrukozavr

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on the forum, hopefully submitted in the right place. I'm relatively new to the game, but haver some previous experience in sim's. First of all thanks for fantastic simulator and all the hard work put in.

I'm flying using mid-high spec'd PC with TrackIR and Logitech G940. I've noticed that after each update I am loosing all my axis and button assignmements which is painful to restore. Is there any chance You could create template that would allow to save as a file all the controller settings so they could be easily restored in case of event like above?

Regards,

Stalker_pl

Brief description:

TrackiR view does not work

Must be in rear gunner ju87

Must be in the "lean to gunsight" + "take control" configuration.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Brief description:

Key Mapping wheel brakes

It is not possible to set both Dead Zone Low & High at 100%. If you try to set both, after "Accept" the Dead Zone High will always return to 0%.

If you set only Dead Zone High at 100% it will stay there.

After 2005 update my MS FFB2 disconnects 2 times after i tab out to desktop.

No Problems in other Games and didnt have that before 2005. GJ!

Brief description:

The turret view do not stay in "lean to gunsight" + "take control" position

Must be be in any turret in "lean to gunsight" + "take control " position

Must go to:

• outside view
  • OR view the map
  • OR go in another aircraft position

and then go back in the previous position

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): A quick video made by me 

Bug Report

Brief description:

When flying the IL-2 and taking damage in the tail area, you often get the message (tech-chat) "Right Elevator Control destroyed" (maybe verb is different - damaged??). Anyway, you have now lost control over BOTH elevators and have no pitch control at all. This normally results in immediate crash and death. On one occasion I was climbing when it happened and managed to make it back to base and land safely using trim controls and ailerons.

So either the message should say "Elevator Control destroyed" or i should still have some control using my left elevator, which would be better.

Brief description: menu cursor affected by invert Y axis from input devices options

I think that's enough for explanation ;)

Edited by Sone

Version 2.006b

Brief description:  Axis problem with only Pe2 87

I have water rads, mixture, prop pitch, and supercharger mapped on saitek throttle boxes for the Pe2.  I noticed when I spawn in and cycle the axis then hit the start up procedure the game limits some my axis by 50%.  (50% on my axis equals 100% in game)  It's done this with mixture and prop pitch several times.  Testing this out with other planes I found that the Pe2 is the only plane that does this.  I also tested this several times and found out if I spawn in and do NOT touch my axis before engine start then I will NOT have this problem.  

Even when the game limits my axis to 50% on the Pe2, if I check settings, engine controls, all the axis react normal and use all the 100% deflection.  Then exit settings and the pe2 still limits the axis to 50%  Again this is caused by cycling my axis before start up procedure.  I can repeat the very same procedure with other planes and will NOT have this problem.  It is only with the pe2 87.  

Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant

Driver Version 6.0.6.5

Sottware Version 7.0.2.7

I run two of these.  

Brief description: ESCKey does not work randomly

Detailed description, conditions: during the mission the ESCKey looses the abilty to open ESCMenue. Mission cannot be finished anymore.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 10, Dual Monitors

Brief description: mouse axis does not work

Detailed description, conditions: mouse (and laptop touchpad) axis and scroll don't work in menu and map view in game. In flight it works. After alt+tab axis works for about 2 seconds and then freeze. Tested with other games - no problems.

Bug occurred after latest update (2.006c). I have reinstalled game, installed new mouse drivers, reinstalled dx11, installed new nvidia drivers (376.33) and int didn't helped.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): none

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): i74700HQ, GTX 770M, 8GB RAM, WIN10

Brief description: Bombsight GUI stuck in fligh mode (force to Alt-F4  Esc. dont work)

Detailed description, conditions: To be honest I always switch from bombsight GUI "V" , to Map "O" , cockpit, and viceversa without problem

maybe is a random issue.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): this is the cockpit view

20170112214740_1.jpg

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): i7 6700K, GTX 770 4Gb, 8GB RAM 3200, W10

Brief description:

Scandic letters not working in multiplayer chat.

In multiplayer, when writing scandic letters (Å, Ä, Ö), they show ok, but when you press Enter, they show up as box-characters in the chat. This happens to all Finns (and I presume Swedes, Norwegians, Danes, Icelanders too), not just me :)

Can provide screenshot if necessary.

See signature.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 6

Brief description:

Mouse wheel sensibility decreased with update 2.006

I use the mouse wheel to control a lot of stuff (zoom, throttle, mixture and radiators). In update 2.005 (and before) the scroll wheel would move the controls by about 5% for each step. After update 2.006, the controls move around 12.5% per step. Zoom still works perfectly (it didn't change) but for other controls it's impossible to make fine adjustments (5% step was not perfect but it did the job). Note that I use other controls besides zoom with a combination of other mouse keys.

Probably not necessary (ask if needed)

Windows 10

Intel i7-2760QM @ 2.2GHz

Nvidia 550M (driver version 355.82)

8GB RAM

Brief Description:

Pilot Callsign (display name) and Allied or Axis Faction data does not display in flight tracks.

Detailed description, conditions etc:

Since publish 2.009 (and all sebsequent patches) Flight tracks do not display player names or display icons (or arrows) in their assigned faction colour.

Now both red and blue faction colours display as pale grey upon playback. Pilot names are replaced in most missions by the aircraft type name (even at close range) while in one mission, all players names were replaced by the words "Red Plane" or "Blue Plane".

I have run some flight tracks immediately after recording where my own display name is still present, but upon exiting and restarting the sim my display name is replaced by my aircraft type name.

In one flight track recorded yesterday (which I played back without exiting the sim) I saw another aircraft with my own display name on it.

I have checked flight tracks which were made prior to publish 2.009 and they are now not displaying pilot names or faction colours correctly either. From this, I am tempted to infer that it is a change to the sim, rather than the track files themselves. This gives me hope that the data itself is not lost.

Brief Description:

HUD is slow to appear.

Detailed description, conditions etc:

I believe that in support of VR implementation (publish 2.009), the HUD is now turned off by default at the start of a flight: This is causing problems in normal difficulty simulation where the player spawns in the air in close proximity to the enemy.

It can take up to 10 seconds to to render the HUD after toggling it on. This is detrimental where enemy aicraft are assembled above an air-start during an online game or in duels where the game opens with an enemy closing head-on.

Is there a reason why HUD has so big impact on fps in VR mode? When I turn it on, even with only radio subtitles, fps drop from 90 to 70-75.

edit: Just checked it in a screen mode and no single frame is dropped when I turn HUD on.

Edited by marklar

Brief description: mouse control stops in opening menu

Detailed description, conditions: start game and log in work fine. Once I am in the main menu, the mouse movement and click response ceases. By alt-tabbing I am able to regain mouse control, but not clicking control. Only option is to alt-f4.

I have recently update to a Ryzen 7 CPU and MB, otherwise the system is the same, which was working a couple of days ago with 2.010

EDIT:

solved, the new motherboard was not playing happily with my USB hub. Luckily I have enough ports now on the motherboard, so I don't need the hub anymore. Problem solved.

Edited by guidom

Brief description : aiming assistance bug

Detailed description : Since update 2.010 aiming assistance (bombs/rockets sights) is only visible when HUD is active. If HUD is inactive (but labels are active) no way to make aiming assistance visible (Like it was in previous version) - activation on/off of aiming assistance only works when HUD is active

Additional assets : VR oculus Rift CV1 - latest drivers (nvidia)

Brief description : no possibility turn off instrumental panel permanently
Detailed description : more info in this post: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29585-how-turn-instrument-panel/ . It always back if You push H key.
Additional assets : from 2.009, 2.010

Brief description : Command menu not showing, "~" key from the first time, You can push many time to forced it to show
Detailed description : more info + video in this post: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29589-command-menu-open-and-close-immediately/

Edited by YoYo

hello

i recently bought BoS and i like it so far but i got strange issue,

Brief description:

2 keys actions on 2 differents keys but 1 key activate 2 actions

in single player, quick mission or campain, if i send orders to wingmans

: attack nearest air target , the order is sent but i got a red flare lunched too

: attack nearest ground target , the order is sent but i got a red flare lunched too

:cover me, the order is also sent but got a green flare lunched too

there is not a conflicts in key mapping , the keys are not map on the same ones, i kept the default ones for the flares and the wingmans orders are on numpad,

i tried differents key mapping setups, i even try to remove completely the binded key for the flares and problem still persit.. 

do i have a corrupted file(s) or it is meant to be like that ?

thanks a lot for helping.... and sorry for english mistakes, still learning  :)

windows 10                                                   (up to date 6/8/2017)

i5 6600k 4.5mhz

Kingston DDR4 8GB / 3000mhz

ATI 280x Toxic 1200mhz / 1700mhz              (driver 17.5.2)

joystik X55                                                     (driver 7.0.55.13)

using ir tracker with opentrack software  (driver 2.3.1.4)

Brief description:

Simulated keyboard input is not handled correctly - for example Left Shift + g activates BOTH the tailwheel and gear. 

This occurs when the keypresses are generated by an external program. This is repeatable and happens with more than one external keyboard simulator - both Voice Attack and CH Control Manager have this issue. Keys are recognized properly when using a physical keyboard. TailWheel and Gear are at defaults.

This is a pain - when using VR we can't use the "real" keyboard.

Keypresses generated by CH Control Manager:

post-131609-0-81154300-1497206374_thumb.png

Keypresses generated by Voice Attack

post-131609-0-09052100-1497206653_thumb.png:

Both of the above trigger TailWheel and Gear

Windows 10, Oculus Rift VR user, Voice Attack, CH Control Manager 4.52

current actions.txt

current map.txt

Edited by tmcd

Brief description: Bf-110 g-2 throttles back after switching to gunner seat

Fly a Bf-110 g-2 with engine set to cruise settings.

Switch to the gunner seat without enabling autolevel (I don't know if autolevel is relevant or not).

You will hear the engine rev down.

Switch back to the pilot seat, move the throttle: the engine revs up again.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): None

Windows 10 Home, intel core i5 4690K (OC to 4.2 Ghz), NVidia GeForce GTX 980Ti, driver version 382.05

Brief description: The Green Progress Bar in the Scripted single player selection screen is missing since one of the last patches.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Screenshot

post-102894-0-09455900-1498660649_thumb.png

Brief description : no possibility turn off instrumental panel permanently

Detailed description : more info in this post: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29585-how-turn-instrument-panel/ . It always back if You push H key.

Brief description : Command menu not showing, "~" key from the first time, You can push many time to forced it to show

Detailed description : more info + video in this post: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29589-command-menu-open-and-close-immediately/

This problem is present still in 2.011.

Edited by YoYo