BlackSix

Installation and performance

I can't believe how disappointed I am with this. I have received no help through these forums, have gone in circles with "tech support" through emails that take literal days to get responded to each way with the separation of the business hours between Moscow and the U.S. I can't even get the program to be completely removed from my computer cleanly because there is always another instance "running" so it will not complete an uninstall, and any requests of being refunded and having my account disabled are just completely ignored. 

I am really, really disappointed that I have to be "that guy" on this forum for a game that you guys love. I am positive I would love it too if I could play it, but I have had it for over 6 weeks now and have 0 minutes of gametime. I would even purchase it through Steam a second time, or another "Battle of 'X'" version to be able to play this, but I don't think that would help anything since I can't remove the bugged out install I have on  my system. At least Steam would honor my refund requests I guess. 

I am a pilot, a history buff, and a gamer. Never imagined that would all equate to me being so bummed about this game. Again, just asking for help here. And maybe ranting a little bit. Thanks

hello, since you look desperate with no solution yet, i d like and  i ll try to help you, just know  i am not a professional but i went trough a lot of problems ,and always found i way to fix it by myself since i got computers and if i was you and with infos you give i would kill the process of those runing instance before re install the game, press ctrl-alt-del keys and manually end process related to il-2 installation running and after, you can use a registry cleaner like CCleaner (free) or any good one, then try to re install.

if it still not work i would do again what i previously said, and i d uninstall all microsoft visual c++, also uninstall Vulkan run times libraries, and your video card driver (in apps and feature) of windows, then i d reinstall the video card driver and re install the game after, really hope it can help you and you can finally enjoy this game, good luck CoyoteK

hello, since you look desperate with no solution yet, i d like and  i ll try to help you, just know  i am not a professional but i went trough a lot of problems ,and always found i way to fix it by myself since i got computers and if i was you and with infos you give i would kill the process of those runing instance before re install the game, press ctrl-alt-del keys and manually end process related to il-2 installation running and after, you can use a registry cleaner like CCleaner (free) or any good one, then try to re install.

if it still not work i would do again what i previously said, and i d uninstall all microsoft visual c++, also uninstall Vulkan run times libraries, and your video card driver (in apps and feature) of windows, then i d reinstall the video card driver and re install the game after, really hope it can help you and you can finally enjoy this game, good luck CoyoteK

I will give all of that a go, thank you very much for your reply and help. Nothing is showing up in Task Manager when it says that another instance is running, but everything else I can try. Thanks for showing concern, really.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2014 at 2:05 AM, BlackSix said:

The purpose of this topic is to provide us, the devs, with readable and structured information about the issues of corresponding types

How should a message be formated:
1) Make sure that the issue is actually a game bug, and it has not been reported yet
2) Copy the template text (as shown below this list)
3) Fill in the blanks
4) If you are not reporting a new error but want to add to somebody's message, please, just quote it and use the same template for your addition.

Recommended form:

The topic is under strict moderation rules. Any message that does not follow the guidelines will be deleted without warning. This topic is for bug reports.

I purchased Battle of Kuban on 3/6/2018, however it does not appear in the Campaign page.  It does appear on the Start page after logging-in with its red banner in the upper right page. Also, the Kuban aircraft do appear in my Profile page.  When can I expect to use Battle of Kuban campaign that I purchased?

7 minutes ago, wiesbaden1972 said:

I purchased Battle of Kuban on 3/6/2018, however it does not appear in the Campaign page.  It does appear on the Start page after logging-in with its red banner in the upper right page. Also, the Kuban aircraft do appear in my Profile page.  When can I expect to use Battle of Kuban campaign that I purchased?

Sometime in the next week or two.

6 minutes ago, wiesbaden1972 said:

You have to wait till it's published - at the moment you only have access to some planes and the Kuban map.

The whole rest is to be published in the next days/weeks.

Cheers

Brief description:
Launcher (bin\game\launcher.exe, dated 2018-03-15 from 3.001) does not check for sound files.

Detailed description, conditions:
I deleted my data\sounds directory because I was experiencing some sound bugs although it could be just a glitch so I exited the game, deleted the directory (shift+del; i.e. didn't go to my recycling so I can't recover the files easily), and then started up the launcher expecting it to verify the files directory only to find that it only checks the game version without at least doing a checksum on the official files, so it does not re-download the missing files. I tried checking the seed-option-after-downloading but after waiting a while, nothing happened.

Opening the game, game doesn't crash or spit out errors. Settings menu and everything is normal except there is no sound. I verified that there is actually no sound assets being loaded by accessing alarmclock(website) and testing that my sound does work*, and it does.

*One of the old WinXP computers I had was notorious for having sound driver crashes

Supporting Evidence:

image.thumb.png.095b31241d17104cab3504412bfda17f.png
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Not really relevant, but here it is anyway:

Miscellaneous Hardware:
2014-Current
Mouse: G400S (Logitech) ~ 2010 / No Mousepad
Keyboard: Y-SU61 (Logitech) ~ 2005
Joystick: Extreme 3D Pro (Logitech) ~ 2010
Monitor: vs17e (HP) ~ 2005
MIDI Keyboard: CRK 3200 (Casio)

CURRENT COMPUTERS:

2016-Current
Type: Tower Desktop
Case Model: Centurion 6 Mid Tower
Operating System: Windows 10.
Motherboard: ASUS H110M-A D3
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 @ 2.70 GHZ, 2701 MHz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, 2GB VRAM, Not all features may be available due to old cable input with convertor into the GPU
RAM: 2x 4GB @ [___] Kingston HyperX
HDD: The old USB 3.0 500 GB external 'WD Elements' HD died so now I use an internal 'WD Blue' 1TB HDD
SSD: 120GB Samsung Magician @ ~500 MB/s
Monitor: HP vs17e 1280 x 1024 @75Hz You can see what the monitor looks like here
Additional Storage: 4x USB 3.0 4x USB 2.0. DVD Drive donated by my brother as a hand-me-down because his current computer motherboard cannot fit it.
Sound: Realtek [___], Speakers integrated into the monitor (mono sound, left speaker does not work).
Other: Has no camera. Keyboard is from 2005

After downloading the new 3.001 update, the game will not start. it opens on the first splash page (initialising - please wait) and then back to desktop. I have left a ticket & await a reply. 

Another install issue here.

The launcher loads the new game-client (8.09GB) .

Then the game installs. 

After finishing updates i try to launch the program.

Then the game installs. 

Then the game installs. 

It is like an endless loop of doom.

Is this a known issue?

Note.

The Program-Folder  "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow" just contains 168 MB of data.

Where have the 8 Gigs gone ?

Greetings

Andy

Edited by sulu22

Brief description: Career mode runs at roughly 60% of real time, as well as suffers from poor frame rates
Detailed description, conditions: Front Line activity is set to sparse, mission difficulty is set to medium. The rest of the game runs phenomenally, it's just career that does this
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): AMD Athlon X4 750K, 8 gigs DDR3 memory, GTX 970 graphics card, Windows 10

Reaper, which map are you trying the career in?

Kuban is a bit of a resource intensive map, have you tried Moscow or Stalingrad?

What are you in game graphic settings?  I noticed that ingame AA runs smoother and without horizon shimmering at low alt compared to Nvidia Control Panel AA.  Also I have noticed that Nvidia V-Sync seems to run better than ingame.  Setting render distance to 40 or 70kms might help as with shadows low, clouds med and a few other things you can experiment with. 

I run Full Screen as Windowed caps my fps at 60 where as Full Screen allows for above 60 on my monitor that can handle 144fps

Also what resolution are you running?  AMD processors are not great in this and other single thread coded games, they are improving with the newer CPU's and they run great in DX12 / Vulcan coded games but we are not there yet with the BoS series.

Sometimes, one has to turn graphics down to get smoothness required but at least it means that a future hardware upgrade will bring lovely benefits for the sim down the track.

On 17/3/2018 at 10:00 PM, Schnapps said:

After downloading the new 3.001 update, the game will not start. it opens on the first splash page (initialising - please wait) and then back to desktop. I have left a ticket & await a reply. 

I have the same problem.

Reinstall the simulator and the drivers, I put the last ones.
When I run in offline mode error # 10005, there is no update. (I have the 3.01 update).
When it passes to the initial screen it closes automatically. Telling that windows closed it for an error. It never shows the error.

Thank you.

Tengo el mismo problema.
Reinstale el simulador y los driver , puse los últimos. 
Cuando ejecuto en modo offline error #10005 falta de actualización. (tengo la actualización 3.01).
Cuando pasa a la pantalla inicial se cierra automáticamente. Diciendo que windows lo cerro por un error . Nunca muestra el error. 
Gracias.

i7 8700k

SSd 500

1060 6gb

16gb Ram DDR 4 3000

Blitze, I was running in Battle of Stalingrad, and i'm certain this is a CPU usage issue, so graphics settings aren't really a concern I don't think (It's barely utilizing my GPU as it is)

However, they're set to a sort of general middle ground, running at normal 1080P, VSync disabled

Edited by FearTheReaper

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2014 at 1:09 PM, 3instein said:

Brief description:D/L client is way to slow.
Detailed description, conditions:Downloading at 0.63 kb/s
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):Screenshot
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):Win 7, 60 Mb/s download speed.

My hard drive gave up today and after installing a new one I am trying to D/L the game again, problem it is only downloading at 0.63 Kb/s and at most 1.89 Kb/s.

This will take me days at this rate, is there any other way to download this, surely it can't stay like this with new folk comming along all the time or folk having to install again?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

Mick. :)

itPaw7b.jpg

this is haPPening to me right now. I have tried to download the BOS uPdate and getting the same results. I am just about three quarters finished on my dl and then it slows right down. when i restart then it starts from the beginning again. Why is it that War Thunder and DCS customers including myself are not  having these Probs downloading like some of us are having now? All there is here is entries made by members who are having similar Problems but I dont see any coments from the Devs on how to fix this.,,,,....

On 3/21/2018 at 7:37 AM, FearTheReaper said:

Blitze, I was running in Battle of Stalingrad, and i'm certain this is a CPU usage issue, so graphics settings aren't really a concern I don't think (It's barely utilizing my GPU as it is)

However, they're set to a sort of general middle ground, running at normal 1080P, VSync disabled

It uses 100 percent of my 1080Ti though that's combined with a I7-8770k, though since latest update I also have weird fps drops in career mode only (flares).

Same here 1080 Ti combined with an i7 8770K at @5.00 mghz

Oculus Rift, since last patch, lots of micro stutters and even 1 second pauses, also lower performance overall.

• Upvote 1