BlackSix

Installation and performance

The purpose of this topic is to provide us, the devs, with readable and structured information about the issues of corresponding types

How should a message be formated:
1) Make sure that the issue is actually a game bug, and it has not been reported yet
2) Copy the template text (as shown below this list)
3) Fill in the blanks
4) If you are not reporting a new error but want to add to somebody's message, please, just quote it and use the same template for your addition.

Recommended form:

Brief description:
Detailed description, conditions:
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

The topic is under strict moderation rules. Any message that does not follow the guidelines will be deleted without warning. This topic is for bug reports.

Brief description:D/L client is way to slow.
Detailed description, conditions:Downloading at 0.63 kb/s
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):Screenshot
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):Win 7, 60 Mb/s download speed.

My hard drive gave up today and after installing a new one I am trying to D/L the game again, problem it is only downloading at 0.63 Kb/s and at most 1.89 Kb/s.

This will take me days at this rate, is there any other way to download this, surely it can't stay like this with new folk comming along all the time or folk having to install again?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

Mick. :)

itPaw7b.jpg

• Like 1

Brief description: D/L client is slow or completely stops, after restarting information pops up "Failed to update"

Detailed description, conditions: I decided to download game on another PC, while at home. I have considerably slower internet here, however download speed usually keeps at 1.23-30 MB/s. In this case download was extremly unstable, sometimes dropped to 0, usually kept below 200 Kb/s. In case it dropped to 0 I received a message that it failed to update, than restarted launcher and continued download. However, after I finally managed to finish download and launcher went through: "Checking Update Cache" -> "Extracting Packed Files" it ALWAYS ends in same way, "Failed to update"

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): 2 Screenshots

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 7 64 bit, 1.4 Mb/s download speed. Hardware -> Intel Core I7 2600K 3.4 GHz, 12 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760.

OFNOiB.png

GV3ceb.png

I presume there is no option to check the files like in War Thunder Launcher, where every damage can be repaired from launcher level ? If so I will have to try to redownload once again the content ?

Brief description: Error 10005

Detailed description, conditions: When I click on ENTER I get an error message that there is a newer version of the game and that I should update the game. Unlike ROF where there is a separate update function, BOS seems to rely on the launcher carrying out an automatic update which does happen as I cannot get past the ENTER screen.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): none

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): in signature below

Brief description: Freezes in external view in campaign

Detailed description, conditions: I manage to do this every time now. Campaign mission. He111 against a bridge. After dropping bomb from cockpit view/bomb sight I switch to external view to watch hits. This is the moment when the game likes to freeze. Either just like that or when I want to switch to ground object view. Not tested other views if they do this too.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): See signature.

Brief description: D/L client is slow or completely stops, after restarting information pops up "Failed to update"
Detailed description, conditions: I decided to download game on another PC, while at home. I have considerably slower internet here, however download speed usually keeps at 1.23-30 MB/s. In this case download was extremly unstable, sometimes dropped to 0, usually kept below 200 Kb/s. In case it dropped to 0 I received a message that it failed to update, than restarted launcher and continued download. However, after I finally managed to finish download and launcher went through: "Checking Update Cache" -> "Extracting Packed Files" it ALWAYS ends in same way, "Failed to update"
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 7 64 bit, 1.4 Mb/s download speed. Hardware -> Intel Core I7 2600K 3.4 GHz, 12 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760.

I presume there is no option to check the files like in War Thunder Launcher, where every damage can be repaired from launcher level ? If so I will have to try to redownload once again the content ?

Had the same problem once. Found out that an instance of the il2.exe was still running in the backround after closing the launcher. Closed it in the taskmanager. Solved this problem for me this time.

Edited by moonatic

Brief description: v1.004.  Force Feedback still sometimes will give a strong, rapid kicking sensation.  This only occurs sometimes.  I have no idea what causes it.

Hello
Brief description: Error 10030: I just bought the game and i can't register in game i can the website but not in game. Can you solve it please ??

Have a nice new year

Hello

Brief description: Error 10030: I just bought the game and i can't register in game i can the website but not in game. Can you solve it please ??

Have a nice new year

I had same problem, once I had conformation email and went back into game next day, all was good as still is. :biggrin:

I have the activation mail but nothing better hapens please help me !
Are some moderators here ??

Brief description: Extremely Bad FPS V1.009
In game my FPS is too low. When i move the pilot head FPS drops to 25. In low flight FPS still bad 20 ~ 40 

MotherBoard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
Processor: AMD FX8350 Vishera
Mem: 2x 4GB RAM Kingston HyperX RED
VGA: Nvidia GTX 970 G1 Gaming
SSD: PNY 120GB
Water Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V

Edited by ESCOMM_FlyMaker

In game my FPS is too low. When i move the pilot head FPS drops to 25. In low flight FPS still bad 20 ~ 40

Same thingh for me, but with different HW.

Cpu Amd fx-8120 @ 3,1 GHz up to 3,9

Gpu Nvidia Gtx 960 2 Gb

Ram 8Gb (2x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

HDD 1x1Tb Wd Caviar Black and 1x1Tb Seagate

Mb Msi 990fx-Gd65

Psu 850W Corsair Modular

Edited by Ace_In_Exile

Same thingh for me, but with different HW.

Cpu Amd fx-8120 @ 3,1 GHz up to 3,9

Gpu Nvidia Gtx 960 2 Gb

Ram 8Gb (2x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

HDD 1x1Tb Wd Caviar Black and 1x1Tb Seagate

Mb Msi 990fx-Gd65

Psu 850W Corsair Modular

Question a bit maybe out of the subject but relative. Why d you use Nvidia in a AMD CPU ?   Just a friendly tip, the Radeon ones are optimized to work better in AMD pcs with their relative motherboards.

I do not know but maybe this is also a reason for not optimal performance from the GPU side. Appart from the game that may as well have a bug and some graphic issues.

Edited by AvengerSeawolf

Question a bit maybe out of the subject but relative. Why d you use Nvidia in a AMD CPU ? Just a friendly tip, the Radeon ones are optimized to work better in AMD pcs with their relative motherboards.

I do not know but maybe this is also a reason for not optimal performance from the GPU side. Appart from the game that may as well have a bug and some graphic issues.

Yes this is true, Amd Gpus work better with Amd Cpu, in fact i build my pc with an Amd Hd 7979 3Gb but this card was not performing well as it should (low fps in various games, lot of power requirement [up to 350W] and so on) so i bought a Gtx 960. About Il-2 Bos performances i have quite the same fps count with the 2 Gpus mentioned above, so i think the issue is concerning an other Hw component such as Cpu

Personally I have noticed that when I took out the FPS limiter off the game , it had then  quite few crashes especially when dropping a large bomb and then looking back with the pilot to see the explosion, all I have seen was a game crash. I have put back the fps limiter to 50 and now runs again smooth.

Edited by AvengerSeawolf

The topic is under strict moderation rules. Any message that does not follow the guidelines will be deleted without warning. This topic is for bug reports.

Brief description: dX9 runs out of memory on 980 nvidia.

Detailed description, condition: video driver crash is random during campaign. Memory leak? System is unresponsive and must be shut down after event.

Recovery message shows "d3d out of memory"

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): attached

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): window 8.1, Nvidia 347.88, 980gtx, 32gb of ram.post-23460-0-93233700-1428534287_thumb.jpg

I am not sure where to post this. I was a "founder" with BOS when it was in its infancy and enjoyed seeing it finally released. With the announced development of Battle of Moscow, I again bought in pre-release. However, When I played BOS before it became available on Steam, I played it on the original, non-Steam platform. When it came out on Steam, I also bought it there. No problems, except I could see that my statistics on the Steam version did not match the ones on my non-Steam version. No big deal...BUT...I just bought a new computer and in going through the re-install of the Steam version, I can see that my pre-purchase of the BOM does not appear in the member profile in the game, the BOS does. This BOM pre-purchase does show up when I look at my profile in this forum.

I just do not want to lose the BOM designation...I do like seeing this game develop.

Also...with a new computer, I have to set up my e-mail account again...this is not easy...do you have advice on that effort?  How does one change his preferred e-mail address for log-in, etc.?

Good Morning....I just received this error message- Its happened several times and to why I'm not sure.

My system is a HP 700-216-

AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.70 GHz
Installed memory (RAM):  12.0 GB (11.2 GB usable)
System type:  64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
No Pen or Touch Input
Download Speed: 50.0 Mb Upload Speed: 3.0 Mb

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BEX
  Application Name: Il-2.exe
  Application Version: 1.0.0.1
  Application Timestamp: 553f6875
  Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
  Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.8387
  Fault Module Timestamp: 51ea24a5
  Exception Offset: 0006ccd5
  Exception Code: c0000417
  Exception Data: 00000000
  OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: a478
  Additional Information 2: a478a02fc95d53cfaf62e9cb4014a64a
  Additional Information 3: 24ec
  Additional Information 4: 24ec74e0b6b22b3dd0bd45eacd70c088

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\WINDOWS\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

As I understand it, I'm witnessing a buffer overflow....and with Windows 8.1 I'm not able to adjust the DEP for the main executable....
Edited by CuMelter

ESCOMM_FlyMaker, on 03 Mar 2015 - 06:37, said:

snapback.png

My PC specs:

Cpu Amd fx-8350 4.0Ghz

Gpu AMD Gigabyte R9 280x  3Gb 
Ram 16Gb Gskill 1866Mhz
HDD 1TB Samsung 
MB Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 
Psu 850W Thermaltake smart

Gpu Drivers Updated

DX: Updated

Framework Updated

Why the game lowers fps while ground attacks, i tried in all the graphics settings low, med, high , ultra  same result = 28 to 40 FPS ?

• Upvote 1

Brief description: 

Very poor crossfire/dual graphics implementation, resulting in poor fps.

Lowest possible graphic's settings, dual graphics enabled, at 1280x1024 resolution. I get around 20-30fps in game, and below 20fps in menu. Theres almost no difference between using single gpu, or dual (I got just 5fps boost). After looking further in, GPU-Z clearly shows, that when dual graphics are enabled, game uses mostly APU integrated GPU - and memory from additional GPU - thats the 5fps boost. Additional GPU is clearly unused, 30C temperature - even clocks are in idle settings (300/300mhz)

I hope ive explained everything enough.

Windows 7 64 bit
4 core AMD A8-7600 3.8ghz

ASUS A58M-K mainboard

8GB DDR3 1600mhz in dual mode

Radeon R7 240 1gb in crossfire with APU radeon R7

newest crimson drivers 15.30~

Detailed description, conditions:Downloading at 50 kb/s
Additional assets 
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):Win 7,64 bits, 6 Mb/s download speed.

Is there any port the lanucher needs to be open manually, cause I do not understand how this game can be downloaded in this  way.

I have  reinstalled the laucher

Techh support have answered me that I must use de dvd installer, cause naturally I do not have since I bought my cd key online

This is very annoying its the first time I buy a game that I can not download, recently I have downloaded the divison that is 30 gb in one night, and I have left il2 launcher about 72 hours and I finally gave up and resintalled launcher.

Good news is that instead 0.63 mb/s now I have 55 mb/s, so maybe in 24 hours more, I will finish downloading.

Anyone knows if buying from steam , the game is downloaded from steam or its the il-2 launcher again?

Detailed description, conditions:Downloading at 50 kb/s

Additional assets

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):Win 7,64 bits, 6 Mb/s download speed.

Is there any port the lanucher needs to be open manually, cause I do not understand how this game can be downloaded in this way.

I have reinstalled the laucher

Techh support have answered me that I must use de dvd installer, cause naturally I do not have since I bought my cd key online

This is very annoying its the first time I buy a game that I can not download, recently I have downloaded the divison that is 30 gb in one night, and I have left il2 launcher about 72 hours and I finally gave up and resintalled launcher.

Good news is that instead 0.63 mb/s now I have 55 mb/s, so maybe in 24 hours more, I will finish downloading.

Anyone knows if buying from steam , the game is downloaded from steam or its the il-2 launcher again?

I've been having the same issue as fireball. It's fluctuating between ~150kb/s to less then 0.03kb/s most of the times!

FPS ISSUE,hi boys, i got few weeks ago il2 bos and then bom, is it beautiful sim but 80 % of that hours i dont play i just sitting on forum and trying make game playable ,the idea and feel is lovely but performance is really bad and i give up now

fps and performance is annoying and i did what i know what i found on forums like cmd commands for w10,nvidia settings that and this and............. getting tired of this game, war thunder had few problems usually they was sorted after 10 minutes reading on some forum

thanks that guy i forgot his name for ,, bcdedit/use platformclock,, the game is like movie and performance is very nice

war thunder running on my rig solid 100 fps in max even movie ,if i turn of g syng go easy 300 fps on acer x34 ,, 3440x1440,, so should be bos or bom give me solid 60 fps but that never happen 40 to 100 some time when is lucky day

my rig is here if somebody want say hardware problem and i know somebody have better pc

windows 10

i7 4970k 4,0 ghz 4,4 ghz turbo

32gb ram

acer x34 monitor

2x evga 980ti sli

mat.. asus maximus hero VII

corsair hx 1000 i PSU

2x ssd 250 g and 1x 2 tb storage disk

Edited by mato115

Hi,

I need some help.

I've just bought the BOS, downloaded and installed it for the first time. it doesn't run just spits out message that MSVCP110.dll and other *110.dlls are missing and to reinstall the game.

I redownloaded and reinstalled the game already 3 times with same result.

Thanks in advance for help.

My specs.

Win10

i7 4700 2.4 -3,3 laptop

16Gb ram

2x GT755

ROF runs perfect on it

Nevermind, I found that the C== redistributable  from folder \ IL-2 \ Data \ Redist \ vcredist_x64.exe did not run by itself ,but when I clicked it , it installed and now the game runs :)

Edited by Carl_infar

OFNOiB.png

GV3ceb.png

¿¿¿Hay alguna solución????

Brief description: Low FPS and screen flicker since Patch 2.004
Detailed description, conditions:low/medium/high graphics no difference , newest gfx driver , screenflicker noticable while looking around , FPS drop to lower then 15 when more Aircraft and ground objects around
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software)
:Win10 (build 14393) , I7 960 @3.2 GHz , Gainward GeForce 970 GTX (driver 375.10) , 12 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance triple channel , 2 Monitors ( Acer Predator 241H Gsync [primary] and Acer S242HL [secondary,disconnecting no difference]) ,TrackIR 5 , GeForce Experience 3.1.0.52 (shadowplay OFF) for FPS Counter , Resolution 1920 x 1080 ,vsync off ingame

TechSupport contacted, no Answer as of yet.

All other Games run fine without problems

HELP please its getting really frustrating playing like this and i get headaches from flicker

Edited by Hutzlipuh

Brief description: Extreme stuttering on Moscow airfields (non-paved)

Detailed description, conditions: With maxed settings at 1080p and 2x AA, go to QMB and select airfield next to Moscow on either autumn or summer map, pick any aircraft, any amount of ground units and any weather conditions then spawn on the runway. With my configuration I get well over 60+ FPS looking forwards, but there is a constant stutter that causes the actual FPS to be around 10. Even looking straight up doesn't make it go away even though the fps counter claims 100+ fps. As soon as I'm a couple hundred meters from the runway, the problem goes away regardless of where I look (including back at the runway). This seems to occur on all the dirt/grass runways on the Moscow maps and only the Moscow maps. The game is completely smooth on all maps at all locations with these small exceptions.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): I5-4690, MSI RX 480 8GB Gaming X, 16GB DDR3 PC2400, Z87X motherboard, Windows 10 64bit, latest drivers and updates.

Edit: No FPS limiter or Vsync used, though they don't have any effect on the stuttering.

Edited by BeastyBaiter

Brief description: IL-2 BOS doesn't install on my desktop computer. (Bought through STEAM's homepage)
Detailed description, conditions: I've tried to install your program in my desktop computer. I've downloaded it but it doesn't starts. It makes the initial installation, that had taken a lot of time, then when finished, I click on play button and then displays the message "Realizando configuración inicial" (doing initial configuration), it freezes an does nothing. I've waited a long time, but nothing.

I deleted local files, and reinstalled. All the same.

I reinstalled windows from scratch, installed antivirus (eset) then updates (all available) and SP1. Then I tried the game and nothing changed.

Also I've received another error message: "Cannot create Direct3DDevice: DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED".

I've run dxdiag and all test (32 and 64 bits) are ok. DirectX versión 11 installed.

What else can I do? or What I'm doing wrong?.

I've requested help to Steam's Customer Service, and they said I must contact your company.

If this isn't the correct forum, please excuse me, and drop me some lines about where should address my question.

Thankyou in advance for your cooperation.

Dell Dimension E521 6Gb RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits. Graphic card Nvidia GEFORCE 7300 LE. Antivirus ESET, Il-2 1946, java, epson drivers, and a few programs . If you need more details, please let me know where can I found them.

Unable to login game

Hello Black Six, a TIE Interceptor is also my preferred vehicle of choice! She just dances around those 109's. Anyway, I am disappointed that my first post here is in the technical issues side of things as I really hope to become an active member in this community. I have submitted two tickets with no response and so I am looking here for help. The biggest issue I am having is that I am not able to login on the initial splash screen after the game has launched. I have spent two days and three installations on this and am only able to get Error Messages 1 and 2: "No connection to the authorization server" and something about the Master/Slave connection was lost. I have completely disabled my Firewall and still get the same result. Everything on the website side of things seems to be activated as far as I can tell. Launching the game itself is a struggle, but I can work around that (constantly seeing "Another instance of IL-2 is already running" even after i have cleared everything in the Task Manager.) If we can work out the login issue so that I can actually play, I will be happy for now.

Windows 10

AMD FX-8370

8 GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 FTW

MSI MoBo

EDIT: After looking at my dxdiag, I am running DirectX 12, and after 3 installations I know that the game tries to install DirectX 11. I am assuming that 12 is fine?

Edited by CoyoteK

I'm trying to bump this as I have gotten absolutely nowhere. I gave 1C my $80 a week and a half and have have gotten zero minutes in this game. 4 reinstalls, completely cleaning out every uninstall, and their "support" consists of sending me the same automated messages that I got 11 days ago. I have sent in a video of what is happening on my end and continue to get automated messages.l I have asked if there is a way I can get my license key disbanded and issued a refund and I get the same automated messages. I guess I'm just out of luck here?

I can't believe how disappointed I am with this. I have received no help through these forums, have gone in circles with "tech support" through emails that take literal days to get responded to each way with the separation of the business hours between Moscow and the U.S. I can't even get the program to be completely removed from my computer cleanly because there is always another instance "running" so it will not complete an uninstall, and any requests of being refunded and having my account disabled are just completely ignored. 

I am really, really disappointed that I have to be "that guy" on this forum for a game that you guys love. I am positive I would love it too if I could play it, but I have had it for over 6 weeks now and have 0 minutes of gametime. I would even purchase it through Steam a second time, or another "Battle of 'X'" version to be able to play this, but I don't think that would help anything since I can't remove the bugged out install I have on  my system. At least Steam would honor my refund requests I guess. 

I am a pilot, a history buff, and a gamer. Never imagined that would all equate to me being so bummed about this game. Again, just asking for help here. And maybe ranting a little bit. Thanks

Edited by CoyoteK

Dear all

I was running the program normally until tonight. But something happened today and i receive the below message and can not play anymore. What is the problem and how can i fix?

post-64775-0-23103100-1509147136_thumb.jpg