BlackSix

Graphics, models and maps

Brief description: Compass in the A-20b has rain in front of it.

Detailed description, conditions: When flying the A-20b in rainy weather or clouds the compass is obscured by rain as if it was outside the cockpit.

nTeJcW3.jpg

Brief description: German torpedo boats are unable to fire flares.

Detailed description, conditions: German torpedo boats can't fire flares correctly. Sometimes no flare is visible, but I've also seen, that flares are fired directly into the water. So the bug might be that flares are fired downwards, not upwards by German torpedo boats.

Additional assets: Attached test missions with German and Soviet torpedo boats. Both use the same fire flare commands, but only the Soviet boat is correctly firing flares.

Flare_Torpedo_Boat.zip

Hello.

The simulator you create is very advanced and beautyfull but you can still make some important corrections. For this reason i have a few comments.
I understand that the simulation has its own laws and not all my "good tips" can be implemented without compromising performance but:

The model of destruction of static planes is unfortunately very primitive.   Static airplanes should burn at least about a minute and smoke twice as much, and not in a fraction of a second, turn into a pile of parts for an "independent assembler".
Also after hitting the ground, the smoke from the place of the disaster should be bigger and last at least about a minute to "be able to satisfy the eyes" with the view of victory !.  

In the parts "Kuban" and "Moscow", when the map is from the summer period, the color of the sky seems a little to be "overbrown" but it maybe a matter of personal settings. Earlier, I did not see it until after the last update.

Flames 1. When the plane begins to burn, the flames in game look like a conglomerate of crystals in a display case and not like real flames. It should be "softened" (important!).

Flames 2, from the engine exhaust. Should only be seen during start-up (as here)

spitfire startup flames  

or here: World War II Warplanes Starting and Sound Compilation | Awesome Sound!

and evening / night 

but Never in the day !.

I had the pleasure of seeing real Bf 109 on the fly many times. A thin flue-gas exhaust of the dark color that it leaves, reaches about three lengths of the plane !.

From the times of the Battle of Britain, we know that the Allied pilots have repeatedly reported the "downing" of the Bf 109 by taking the smoke trail left by the DB 601 engine after the pilot has increased the engine speed. The rapid "gas supply" should, after the Bf 109, result in motor jamming due to mechanical injection in this engine!

After logging in (Windows 7 x64) i can not temporarily exit the game by pressing the "Windows" key as it is in other games with old IL-2 Sturmovik too. To be able to operate the system functions i need to close the game completely!.

It is VERY uncomfortable and irritating. Despite the total shutdown of the game, the luncher still appears in the "applications" section and as a process, so i have to turn it off manually!
That's all the attention at this moment. In general, in addition to the comments mentioned above, I am very pleased with your simulation.

Curiosity.

In Sweden is a replica of the fighter FW 190 A8 painted similarly to the aircraft that at the end of the war escaped to this state one of the German pilots. It was not long after the events known as the "Bodenplatte Operation".

http://fw190.hobbyvista.com/sweden.htm

http://www.forcedlandingcollection.se/LWe/LW141-Fw190.html

FW190 First performance ,start engine and takeoff.

Outboard camera 05/24/2017

Fw190 Low pass Rwy 11/29 ESGJ 170614  

Regards!

• Like 1

Brief description: Bf 109 G14 Br21 rockets stay in position after jettison of the rack. Rockets can still be launched.
Detailed description, conditions: Taking some test flights I ended up doing a jettison of the Br21 rockets for the G14. I did it several times before but always after shooting the rockets. Now, if you drop the rocket launchers before firing the rockets, they maintain their position and can be usable.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  56608aea9d2663e85fcc3c35de092892.png

c8f63e6e8bc106c1b964543ae752b406.png

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Signature, no mods installed. Version 3.004

Edited by LF_ManuV

Brief description: Half transparent grass field
Detailed description, conditions: In Stalingrad map many parts contains half transparent grass texture!
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):grass-1.thumb.jpg.4f12debb1f254f38318c747b03af5163.jpg
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Processor Intel® Core™ i7-860CPU @ 2.80GHz,  10GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Edited by G_GART

Brief description: ugly color banding 

Detailed description, conditions: ultra setting do not help with color banding Kuban ,summer 20:30 ,6000m ,weather cloudy, AF on see

Additional assets

suiGniy.jpg

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: Bug with markings on skin Spitfire mkIX.

Detailed description, conditions: On the left side is XW not WX. Right side is correct.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

WRONG.thumb.jpg.5b8f2cfce6743fcf8eeb4abdbd893e38.jpg

89ab51b10c718587298bf9f7ccdc2b42.jpg.950f9811ba755cd981db40489d8145c3.jpg

• Upvote 2

Brief description: Floating husks

Detailed description, conditions: When shooting vehicles on a bridge they stay airborne even the bridge collapses. Live vehicles coming after them nosedive into water normally. Repeatable every time with any tank.

Additional assets: Screenshot attached.

Weallfloatdownhere.jpg

Brief description: Banding in low visibility

Detailed description, conditions: Always when flying in rainy/foggy conditions there is this "banding". Especially visible in low lighting. No banding in clear conditions.

Additional assets: Screenshot

banding.jpg

• Upvote 1

Brief description: Missing back parts of helmets
Detailed description, conditions:

Missing back parts on the helmet 3d model when viewed from the front

both in Russian and German AA guns soldiers winter 3d models

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):3_2.thumb.jpg.29d3e579ee1d29b50842c803ea2f7281.jpg

Brief description: Gap on the neck
Detailed description, conditions: The gap on the neck of Russian gunner and the pilot 3d models in certain angle.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):2017_6_22__23_24_10.thumb.jpg.ebf227dc6bbe36a058a0ea9095b00068.jpg

Brief description: Strange shadow effect
Detailed description, conditions: Strange or bad modeled shadow effect on some statics 3d models with black stripes and triangles when hovering and change camera view.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):2018_5_6__13_50_42.thumb.jpg.6546e161f963969183c2810e1dd8f255.jpg

Clipboard08.thumb.jpg.f9b98567c44c00ee15e1383f2fac4389.jpg2018_4_28__13_11_11.thumb.jpg.6906e91943036dfdaa1b136d29a1f385.jpg

Clipboard12.thumb.jpg.68e2c67981b63297db3f50ce350ba01a.jpg

With the Junkers 52, when the engine 3 is hit, the visuals on the engine 1 are wrong

Here is a video I made that show this

I have a laptop with an i7 and a 960m nvidia 16gb ram

Brief description:  In multiplayer game sometimes other players can see my thik black smoke trail, though I - can not.
Detailed description, conditions: Server Wing of Liberty, Stalingrad winter. Aircraft - FW-190A-3

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):   See tracks and screenshots below.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Windows 7, 64bit, CPU -  i5-2400, RAM - 12GB, videocard - MSI 750Ti.

11.thumb.jpg.b3d96cfbbbaf5f91e71dcf9563caf21a.jpg  2.thumb.jpg.78319d8224e2fa39d3c6c0f23759c82a.jpg  3.thumb.jpg.f40cffc98bdf044e711015425beac284.jpg

SmokeBugTracks.rar

Brief description:

Cockpit shadow on plane appears/disappears in some situations.

See video.

See signature.

• Upvote 1

Brief Description

A random problem with the bombsight affecting all bombers.

Noted by players in SP and MP

Detailed Description

When entering the Bombsight mode in any equipped aircraft the site can behave in any combination of the following ways:

Showing only the sight image surrounded by a black screen for the duration of the flight

Showing a black screen with the message "waiting for Data" for the duration of the flight

Displaying a very visible jolt in the view mode, not regular - 2-10secs on average between

Displaying a visible jolt in the aim mode 

Displaying the red arrow on the slew scale to the far left. The arrow does not correspond to movements of the slew commands but the sight moves

Do not drop button "on" and cannot be turned off regardless of bomb door position , arm status or input from button or GUI

Fault cannot be reliably cleared by restating mission

Fault cannot be reliably cleared by restarting game. 

Fault was not cleared by file integrity check on steam

Fault was not cleared by full deletion of game and re-install. 

No MODS enabled, No MODS installed

Win 10, I5 6600K @ 4.4, GTX 1080 w 399.07 driver.

• Confused 1

FW190A8 3d model. The port side engine cowling has a flat angled area. The same place on the other side is contoured. 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.dbe7cad91d11b60cf123103bdca48e3a.jpg

Brief Description

Mig3 3D model has a part of the cockpit protruding outside of the skin

Full Description

er…..Mig3 3D model has a part of the cockpit protruding outside of the skin. Doesn't appear to part of the layers that users can alter.

cockpit 1.jpg

Cockpit 2.jpg

Edited by BOO

Brief description: Rain drops missing on He111 H-6

Detailed description: Flying online the rain drops do not show on Heinkel. Tested Ju88 and fighters, works just fine.

Additional information: Computer as in signature, latest BIOS and WHQL drivers.

No drops.jpg

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: Sea texture up the shore.

Detailed description: Novoryssiysk bay, flying SE. Looked right towards sea and saw the sea "climbing up the shore". Place near Novoryssiysk airfield. LOD issue?

Additional details: System in signature, latest WHQL drivers and Windows updates. Screenshot attached.

Sea climbing.jpg

Brief description: Cut/clipped ground texture border in Stalingrad map.

Detailed description: In Stalingrad map, between sectors 1029 and 1129, a long straight line is seen in one of the ground textures, as if it is cut. See attachments for pictures and map location.

Additional information: Il2 v3.006, ultra preset, observed with different graphic settings. Nvidia 1080 GTX (driver v416.16).

Stalingrad_texture_issue_1.jpg

Stalingrad_texture_issue_2.jpg

Stalingrad_texture_issue_location.jpg

Brief description: Bf 109 F and G series Incorrect landing gear angle

Detailed description, conditions: In game both F and G series seems to use same landing gear angle as E series. This is incorrect as in real life angle was altered between E and F series and stayed same from F to K model. See pictures/drawings below.

109g1.png

109g2.png

109draw.jpg

• Upvote 1

Brief description: During dusk the shadows were creating a strange circular artefact with the clouds, we were 4 or 5 to whitness this glitch with several different configs so my PC config is irrelevant even some who use VR saw it.
Detailed description, conditions: Appears during dusk with the sun barely poking over the horizon, we were on an airfield and the artefact appeared when looking up after spawning and while on the ground, the issue dissapeared after taking off and moving/climbing away.
See the screenshot below.

20181023232638_1.thumb.jpg.109d5ed4a5b16d47e42c729bb41eb7f6.jpg20181023232636_1.thumb.jpg.3426820c62497d44a4d22c3afcf15849.jpg

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: Missing textures.

Detailed description: Kuban map, Tuapse harbour missing textures(piers mainly) when flying over it at 4km altitude. This was online.

Additional information: Screenshot attached. Hardware in signature, latest WHQL drivers.

Missing textures.jpg

Textures.jpg

Edited by LLv34_Flanker

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, LLv34_Flanker said:

Brief description: Sea texture up the shore.

Detailed description: Novoryssiysk bay, flying SE. Looked right towards sea and saw the sea "climbing up the shore". Place near Novoryssiysk airfield. LOD issue?

Additional details: System in signature, latest WHQL drivers and Windows updates. Screenshot attached.

Sea climbing.jpg

I confirm this one. I've seen it since the Kuban map was released. It used to happen a lot on the modded Il-2 46 maps and needed the map-h to be flattened in the affected areas. No idea if that's the same problem but certainly looks like it. It only appears at distance; flying closer and everything goes back to normal.

Edited by 216th_Cat

Brief description: Graphical anomaly on trees.

Detailed description: A mesh or net can be seen on trees at certain angles near ground level. Not from above.

Additional details: Screenshot attached. System in signature, latest WHQL drivers and BIOS.

Graphics.jpg

• Upvote 1

Brief description: Missing piers

Detailed description: Flew online ove Novoryssiysk on Kuban summer map and noticed that the piers and other harbour equipment was missing from the place.

Additional assets: Screenshot attached. System in signature, latest BIOS and WHQL drivers.

Novoryssiysk piers.jpg

18 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

Brief description: Missing piers

Detailed description: Flew online ove Novoryssiysk on Kuban summer map and noticed that the piers and other harbour equipment was missing from the place.

Additional assets: Screenshot attached. System in signature, latest BIOS and WHQL drivers.

If it is online, it may well be possible that the mission creator forgot to import the harbour template for these objects. The template is called "Kuban_harbor_kanatka" and contains exactly what is missing on the screenshot

• Like 1

With this new update 22/11/2018. I'd like to point out you have the new P47D modeled all wrong. As you can see by the specs it does 344mph at 5000 ft, up to 412mph at altitude. While testing it, the best I could get out of it was 190-200 mph in level flight, I couldn't gain an inch on cruising HE111s.. even on a mild descent to pick up speed the best I could get was about 225 mph wrong, wrong, wrong. http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/p-47.html

Flying Circus;   Sopwith Camel, bracing wires can be seen through the Aldis gunsight even though the front of the Aldis is in front of the wires.

On 11/22/2018 at 3:44 PM, onlyforbrian said:

With this new update 22/11/2018. I'd like to point out you have the new P47D modeled all wrong. As you can see by the specs it does 344mph at 5000 ft, up to 412mph at altitude. While testing it, the best I could get out of it was 190-200 mph in level flight, I couldn't gain an inch on cruising HE111s.. even on a mild descent to pick up speed the best I could get was about 225 mph wrong, wrong, wrong. http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/p-47.html

You are clearly doing something wrong, also this is not the place to post this kind of stuff.

Brief description:

Railway tank wagon destroyed state model faulty

I like to report what I think to be a bug, in that the models for the non braked versions of the railway tank wagons seem to display both the non destroyed and a destroyed models at the same time, when the units has been destroyed, whereas the wagons with the brakeman's cabin appear to display correctly see images below which were taken on the Kuban MAP.

1787527984_tankwagonfault1.thumb.jpg.982ac74ec2b17ddf6c5dd7a6406847b7.jpg

153283366_tankwagonfault2.thumb.jpg.e425ae29e7b358236d2291a93de0dade.jpg

633190216_tankwagonfault3.thumb.jpg.8502117ddb4a8b829a96b7cf965dad1f.jpg

Windows 10

Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 motherboard
Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz CPU
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (this is where Il2 BoX resides, I'd like to move it to the boot drive, but need to look into how to best achieve this)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Xtreme Gaming (Nvidia) 2G DDR5 (x2 in SLI configuration)
Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 Ram

Cheers

Brief description:

Spitfire Mk.Vb Collimator reticle  graphic issue

Center of the reticle is cut off by something like square!?

look at the no glowing part.

1329925822_reticlevb.thumb.jpg.a9bb1579607583c1bb6bcefce0954da0.jpg

win7  
i5 4460

GTX1060 6G

16G Ram

play on Plextor M.2 PCIe SSD 512G

Edited by Takuya_liang

On 11/28/2018 at 10:43 PM, spudkopf said:

Brief description:

Railway tank wagon destroyed state model faulty

I like to report what I think to be a bug, in that the models for the non braked versions of the railway tank wagons seem to display both the non destroyed and a destroyed models at the same time, when the units has been destroyed, whereas the wagons with the brakeman's cabin appear to display correctly see images below which were taken on the Kuban MAP.

1787527984_tankwagonfault1.thumb.jpg.982ac74ec2b17ddf6c5dd7a6406847b7.jpg

153283366_tankwagonfault2.thumb.jpg.e425ae29e7b358236d2291a93de0dade.jpg

633190216_tankwagonfault3.thumb.jpg.8502117ddb4a8b829a96b7cf965dad1f.jpg

Windows 10

Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3 motherboard
Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz CPU
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (this is where Il2 BoX resides, I'd like to move it to the boot drive, but need to look into how to best achieve this)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Xtreme Gaming (Nvidia) 2G DDR5 (x2 in SLI configuration)
Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 Ram

Cheers

Oopps!

Now they vanish all together, either that or they where carrying some extremely volatile cargo :P 

1131861085_boomngone.thumb.jpg.10e0b688e157ac1c37eb6e8b1c380e1a.jpg

Edited by spudkopf
Spelling
  • Sad 1

Brief description: Fire displacement

Detailed desscription: Caught fire on the Bf110E-2 left engine. Watched it burn and noticed the fire was not even close to the actual place while looking from the cockpit. When I bailed the fire was emitting from the engine. At no point from inside did the fire engulf the engine or wing.

Additional assets: Screenshots attached.

PC configuration: See signature. Latest WHQL drivers.

Fire displacement.jpg

Fire 2.jpg

Brief description: flickering P-47 canopy in F2 view.

Detailed description: when "cinematic" camera option is enabled, switching to F2 view and rotating camera with moderate speeds causes the perspex part of P-47 canopy to blurr out and flicker. It seems the algorithm responsible for blurring the terrain and any fast moving elements of the rendered scene in cinematic mode works on the perspex as well, even though it's one of the slow moving objects, being located close to camera rotation point.

Additional assets: Static screenshot attached, although the best way to spot the issue is to turn on the cinematic option and rotate the external camera quickly

2018_12_6__17_59_27.jpg

Brief description: bf109 K-4, Can't see cockpit lighting from outside.

Detailed description: When turn on the cockpit light, we can't see cockpit lighting in external view.

Additional assets: 

1142156836_Il-22018-12-0922-43-15.jpg.9e8a43f751068e7369b3a797387a6bdc.jpg

Brief description: Error in the representation of water in a mirror

Detailed description: Irrespective of the graphic settings and the mirror, an error occurs in waters (especially the sea). It seems that part of the texture just doesn't exist.  Maybe it has something to do with a render area. I then tested various graphics settings and still had the error, as I said before.  I only noticed it since the last patch 3.008.

Additional assets:  Here I have two pictures, one Spitfire and one P-47, to illustrate the problem

Spiegel4.png

Spiegel.png

• Upvote 2

Brief description: Request for level change to all "Port_up" editor objects under "Blocks"

Detailed description: Current usage for port_up objects is only with port_pierce and port_promenade platforms, otherwise they stay hovering in the air.  Port_up objects (boxes and containers) would be very, very usable as a target in all maps and situations instead of limiting their use for only harbours.

Solution for problem: Unlock the Y-axis for these objects or create same objects set on ground

boxes.jpg

Brief description: Shadow anomalies after 3.007 and 3.008

Detailed description: After updates 3.007 and 3.008 shadows have started to flicker or change shape strangely. They seem to grow bigger and cover bigger area than they should. This flickers at random. I managed to catch the anomaly while flying Stuka D-3. The shadow flickered and then grew bigger. If changed view the anomaly disappeared. This did not happen up to 3.006.

Additional information: Game settings ULTRA / High except grass on Normal and Mirrors on medium setting. WHQL drivers on hardware seen in signature.

Stuka shadow.jpg

Brief description: Missing canopy shadow

Detailed description: Flying Bf110E-2 and noticed the rear part of canopy, namely over the gunner, disappeared at certain angles and appeared when slightly turning the head.

Additional information: Screenshots attached. WHQL drivers on hardware in signature. Game settings ULTRA except Grass on Normal and Mirrors on medium setting.

110E2 shadow.jpg

110E2 shadow2.jpg

Description: error in antenna cable placement.
Detailed description: model BF 109 K4. It has to be closer to the cockpit.
Additional information: Attached drawings and image
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): PC I7 940 3072 Mhz  GTX 980 

regards.

Bf109-K-3-Seiten-neu.jpg

By adding an antenna we could simulate the bf109 G-10.
Also the k4 had an antenna.

230d7599a1efc04f8c7f56ebb714010d.gif

foto-k4.jpg

Edited by E69_julian57