BlackSix

Graphics, models and maps

Brief description:  Blocks Static Aircraft in missions I have created in the Mission Editor can not be damaged.

Detailed description, conditions: Both in single mission and deathmatch when I add block static aircraft to a mission they can not be damaged or destroyed. This will effect other player in multiplayer when they fly the mission. I have tried both linked and non-linked with the same result. I have tried re-installing the game and starting with a totally fresh mission  with the same result. This doesn't effect the stock missions or campaign. I have seen this described on the RoF forum but the fix didn't work: http://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/45357-help-damage-static-planes-and-objects/?hl=%2Bstatic+%2Bdamaged

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Copy of mission files: http://www.ijeremiah.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/static_test.zip

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 7 Pro, I5 CPU, 2GB 770 GPU, 8GB RAM. 

Actually I tried the work around instructions from the RoF forum again and it cured the problem. It does mean that I'll need to rebuild my existing mission.

Brief description: 

Bomb remains attached on cutted wings of Pe2 (bomb bay near undercarriage)

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Windows 8.1 Pro, Amd Fx 8120 @ 4.00Ghz, Gtx 960 2 Gb (driver version 347.52), 8Gb ram, 2x 1Tb HDD

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

post-26340-0-85949500-1426199779_thumb.png

Brief description: Prop. feathering He111

Detailed description, conditions: Lever position for propeller feathering not animated in the cockpit of 111. (Remains always in centered position no matter what position is set) Also no techno chat info when function is used. 

Additional assets: 69xpmv3m.jpg

Your PC config data: Not relevant

Brief Description: Smoke from fires above horizon appear translucent/disappear.

Detailed Description, Conditions: Smoke will appear this way from any angle when game is in full-screen mode.

Additional Assets: post-23936-0-04705800-1426715376_thumb.jpg

Your PC Config Data: Windows 7 64-bit; 4GB Ram; *GPU* AMD R9 270X; *CPU* AMD FX-6300 Vishera (Black Edition)

Brief description: 3D Models of Bf 109 aircraft : Bf 109E-7, Bf109F-4, Bf109 G-2 and may also be expected on Bf109F-2 and Bf110E-2 3D models.

Detailed description, conditions: Fitting and gap between engine cowling and lever locks are oversized.

Unfortunately this issue can NOT be corrected properly with a simple skin paintwork . 

The 3D models need some appropriate ajustements .

Additional assets :

Bf109 F/G

post-911-0-05610100-1428929122_thumb.jpg post-911-0-58209900-1428929121_thumb.jpg

Bf109 E

post-911-0-52928500-1428929123_thumb.jpg post-911-0-62970400-1428929118_thumb.jpg post-911-0-36922800-1428929117_thumb.jpg

Original Game 3D vs Skin MakeUp.

post-911-0-88828900-1428929123_thumb.jpg

Flugzeugbeschriftung vs Game graphic.

post-911-0-47353500-1428929124_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodolphe
  • Upvote 2

Brief Description: Bad depth for some clouds

Detailed Description, Conditions: Some clouds doesn't have the right depth. This is obvious in 3Dvision : your plane seems to be surrounded by a circle of 2D cloud at about 100/200 m.

But also this make surrounding plane disapear whereas they seems to be far in front of the cloud. Very annoying when dogfighting.

Additional Assets: I attached a track showing the problem : look when IL2 disapears in cloud that should be farer than the plane. In track the CloudConfig = "02_Medium_02\sky.ini";

Your PC Config Data: Windows 7 64-bit; 8GB Ram; *GPU* SLI 2*GTx 66OTi; *CPU* Intel i2500k

Edited by lefuneste

Brief description: Ugly clouds
Detailed description, conditions: Jagged - pixelated clouds on horizon
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs)dbs3na.jpg

(snipped images to save space)
Intel i5,Win7pro64, Gtx 690 - Nvidia 344.75. 

Brief description: Same issue as above.

Detailed description, conditions:  Flying in a campaign, cockpit view, and the smoke and sky seem to be out of sync; only to a much more severe extent.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  e2RcI5a.jpg

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit; GTX 750ti; Geforce drivers Version 350.12.

Edited by VinylFlyer
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: 

Skin mapping of the Bf109G-2

When I made my first skin for the Bf109G-2, I've notice some wierd features on the underwings (see highlighted parts on the picture).

So I made a "test skin" : a solid yellow pattern covering the 2048 x 2048 area including internals and mobiles parts. The alpha layer is also a plain grey square (R=V=B=100) and thus has no transparent parts.

You can see the result above.

I've also noticed that this bug also affects offical skins.

PS : I didn't make any further test since the release of the 1.011 game version. If the bug had been fixed, don't take my post into account and and accept my appologies ! :)

Windows 7, Intel Core i7, Gtx 560Ti, 6Gb ram.

150207-BF109G2-002.jpg

Brief description: 

Skin mapping of the Bf109G-2

When I made my first skin for the Bf109G-2, I've notice some wierd features on the underwings....

Hi Zargos,

this bug is corrected by now  :salute:

Really a very small point on the G2, On the rear headrest/armour the left edge has some texture errors visible when looking over your shoulder, when looking over your right shoulder the edge is correct

post-6177-0-94171400-1430226135_thumb.jpg

post-6177-0-80624100-1430226183_thumb.jpg

post-6177-0-47552100-1430226244_thumb.jpg

Certainly not a game breaker by any stretch... ;) but it is there so, I have brought it up for attention if graphic model of BF109 G2 ever has a refresh

Cheers Dakpilot

Hi Zargos,

this bug is corrected by now  :salute:

Thank you Pierre !

Brief description: Same issue as above.

Detailed description, conditions:  Flying in a campaign, cockpit view, and the smoke and sky seem to be out of sync; only to a much more severe extent.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  e2RcI5a.jpg

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit; GTX 750ti; Geforce drivers Version 350.12.

There is a workaround: switch off steam (or TS) overlay. They are known to cause this problem

There is a workaround: switch off steam (or TS) overlay. They are known to cause this problem

Will try, thanks.

Brief description:

Gunner outside of Pe-2

Detailed description, conditions:

One time, in multiplayer mode, the rear gunner decided to go outside, where it's nice and frisky :) .. Pictures say it better.

See images below.

See signature.

post-11171-0-81193800-1431290626_thumb.png

post-11171-0-80000300-1431290629_thumb.png

Bo_S_Xmas_Tree_Novo.jpg

Brief description:

Tree on access road.

Detailed description, conditions:

Novosokolniki Map, Novosokolniki Airfield.

See screenshot.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): N/A

Brief description: BF109G2 canopy frame width is not modeled accurately,  panel locks wrong positioned and etc.

Detailed description, conditions: see the diagram below.

In-game screen shot

bugs1.jpg

bugs2.jpg

A texture bug

bugs3.jpg

Real AC's pictures

Capture1.png

0008_Belgrad_Messerschmitt_Bf_109_Ga_2_W

2306936.jpg

PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 7 Pro, I7 CPU, 4GB GTX980 GPU, 16GB RAM

Edited by III/JG2Gustav05

Brief Description: Fw 190 cockpit errors

Detailed Description: (1) when the Fw 190 is completely shut down and all electrical power is off, the two red arming lights for the MG FF cannons are still on. (2) There is a small black strip on the safety lever of the flight stick. It looks like it is a texture-mapping issue.

post-549-0-11492100-1433746023_thumb.jpg

Detailed Description: There is no difference in sound (wind+/-engine) when engine is on or off while you stick out head from open cabin.

Detailed Description: When locomotive is stopped and separated from wagons which are stopped also you can still hear train moving sound.

Brief Description: I-16 cockpit bug

my screenshot

i16_0001.jpg

I-16 Graphics Bug

Take off and go to externals (I-16 with one piece canopy)

As I am retracting the gear I can see something floating in between the wheels (kind of looks like the cockpit glass)

This may only happen if you take off without shutting the doors, I haven't tested that.

post-10861-0-81118900-1436338849_thumb.jpg

I-16 Sound Bug

Flying on quick mission

Go inverted and hold the plane upside down until the engine cuts out

The sound does not resume correctly after going back to normal flight

Fixed by going to externals and then back in to cockpit

Problem with blocky blurry draw distances after patch 1.101.

As shown in screen caps  draw distance and graphics appear to have been affected by the latest updated.

PC config data (Windows 7 64 Bit,  AMD FX-6350  , 32GB Ram, GTX 970, IL-2 graphical settings maximum).

post-42986-0-62041300-1436562648_thumb.jpg

post-42986-0-41852200-1436562674_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi guys, noticed this bug online today. Regards 

Brief description: 

FW A3 with 4xSC 50 payload has 2 SC50 floating 2m above cockpit ...

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bits, i7-3770 @ 3.90GHz, 32 Go Ram, GeForce GTX 680 

3bn02jvwl0b3.jpg

Edited by C6_MadisonV44

Brief Description: Machine gunner animation

Detailed description: Machine gunner animation is sometimes stuck in campaign. It looks all the time like it is firing. Even when rotating.

Screenshot:

post-17513-0-48672400-1436801243_thumb.jpg

Problem with blocky blurry draw distances after patch 1.101.

As shown in screen caps  draw distance and graphics appear to have been affected by the latest updated.

PC config data (Windows 7 64 Bit,  AMD FX-6350  , 32GB Ram, GTX 970, IL-2 graphical settings maximum).

Expanding on this, FOV has a direct impact on how this appears. Decreasing the FOV so everything is bigger, and the graphical issue goes away. Pulling FOV back wider, and it pops back. It looks to be that the LOD is more limited range wise than it previously was. The max settings available in the graphical tweak thread allowed smooth viewing to the horizon with no low LOD. After introducing the terrain draw distance selection inside the GUI and removing the INI for adjustment, the low LOD is now present well before the horizon at the highest settings. It's also angular rather than low LODs all around it is only certain sections of tiles coming in from the horizon that are low LOD rather than all sections forming a circular pattern from the camera/player/plane.

i7-4770k, GTX780Ti SLI, latest nVidia drivers, 16GB Memory, Win7 64bit. Ultra settings. 2560x1440 res.

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 1

Brief Description: External visual DM.

Detailed Description:  External Damage holes on the fuselage and cowls are black spots, instead of actual holes in the plane

it's more obvious in the Ju-52, but it happens in all the planes fuselages, but not in the wings.

Screenshots:

post-1059-0-47869600-1437228179_thumb.jpgpost-1059-0-20436300-1437228164_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erg./JG54_Potenz

Brief description: Prop. missing in rata

Detailed description, conditions: propeler is missing at certain distance

Additional assets:

prop2.jpg

prop1.jpg

now zoomed in :

prop3.jpg

Brief Description: Misplaced structures on the Velikie Luki map

Detailed Description, Conditions: The railway turntable and engine shed in Novosokol'niki on the Velikie Luki map have somehow got moved out of position. Occurred in quick mission - restarting didn't fix it. See screenshot:

2015_7_26__22_43_16_zpspu54zotp.png

Expanding on this, FOV has a direct impact on how this appears. Decreasing the FOV so everything is bigger, and the graphical issue goes away. Pulling FOV back wider, and it pops back. It looks to be that the LOD is more limited range wise than it previously was. The max settings available in the graphical tweak thread allowed smooth viewing to the horizon with no low LOD. After introducing the terrain draw distance selection inside the GUI and removing the INI for adjustment, the low LOD is now present well before the horizon at the highest settings. It's also angular rather than low LODs all around it is only certain sections of tiles coming in from the horizon that are low LOD rather than all sections forming a circular pattern from the camera/player/plane.

i7-4770k, GTX780Ti SLI, latest nVidia drivers, 16GB Memory, Win7 64bit. Ultra settings. 2560x1440 res.

You are spot on, we have been talking about this and we couldn't understand why some people don't seem to notice as much and others are really badly affected.

To see this bug at its worse you zoom out fully using the INS/Home keys and then also zoom all the way out with your head zoom and it will be very apparent.

Someone in our squad sent me a picture of what he sees from his cockpit and the issue is not there at all....so now we understand why more people weren't talking about this because a lot of people use the default view settings.

Cheers

Emil

Brief description: He111 trim tabs are animated reversed.

Detailed description, conditions:  I was delighted to see the flettner tabs and trim tabs were both animated on the He111 ailerons. However on closer inspection I realised the trim tabs were deflecting in the wrong direction. Up when they should deflect down and vice versa. 

When I give left stick the left aileron deflects up, the flettner tab defects down which is right but when I trim left roll the trim tab on the left aileron deflects up which would then defect the left aileron down which would in turn roll the plane in the wrong direction.

Lovely to see them animated though. 

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): na

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): na

Brief description: 109s 3D Model, gear wheels.
Detailed description, conditions: The 3D model for the gear wheels is noticeably of a lesser quality on the F-4, compared to the G-2. Since it's not a major element (it shouldn't be a killer for the polycount, right?) I wished to report it, hoping for it to be fixed.
Additional assets: Screenshot attached.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Assumed irrelevant in this case.

post-1086-0-90516000-1438527388_thumb.png

Had a first happen to me last night.  I was flying a Pe-2 on the server Air Domination BoS by 72AG. 

Brief description:  While flying the Pe-2 the blister turret section of the aircraft appeared above the aircraft as well as where it should be.  I have only seen this on this server to the best of my knowledge.  I fly the Pe-2 quite often on Wings of Liberty and I don't remember having seen this issue before.

Detailed description, conditions: When I jumped to the various positions, all looked normal except there was a section of the plane replicated above me.  I took screen shots of this and they're posted below.  I also took a track, which is available, and what I found was that on the track the section does not show BUT when I jump to the blister turret I am directly above the aircraft where the blister turret appeared to be when flying in game.  Very strange.

View from pilot position:

20137679389_4605ccc2dc_b.jpg

View from blister turret:

20298065966_e21f3798b6_b.jpg

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit
Intel i7 920 2.67GHz Quad CPU
9GB DDR3 RAM Corsair Dominator 1600MHz (3 X 2GB + 3 X 1GB), Triple Channel, Tested Latency8-8-8-24
nVidia GTX680 2GB - Driver 353.62 WHQL
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard
Corsair TX850w Power Supply
740GB HDD 10,000 rpm for OS
1TB HDD 7200 rpm for programs and data (X2 in RAID1, mirror)
ASUS LCD Monitor 25.5" VW266 - 1920 X 1200 native resolution 16:10

TrackIR 3 with Vector License, software version 5.1.300 Final (Build 9945)
Logitech G15 Keyboard w/Gaming software v8.12.030
CH Pro Throttle
CH Pro Pedals
Total Game Control v3.7
MS FFB2 Joystick

Anti-virus/Firewall - Webroot Secure Secure Anywhere Complete v9.0.1.35

Brief description:

Ground reflected on glass pane

Detailed description:

Flying the FW190 on Velikie-Luki, 15.00 clear sky. It looks like there is "smoke" emanating from behind the instrument panel. It's actually reflections on the front glass pane. It appears it's the forest pattern that is getting reflected there. Flying on a location without forest on the Stalingrad map removes these reflections. These reflections should not be there, as the plane's body should be blocking them.

The reflections are also visible on the side panes. I don't know if other planes are also affected.

Conditions:

Quick mission on Velikie-Luki, clear sky, 15.00. Graphics settings at Ultra.

Intel core i5 4690K, win8.1, Nvidia GTX970 drivers 353.62

Brief description: MC202 Tracer visible through Nose

Detailed description, conditions: In cockpit view when firing the guns of the MC202 a single tracer line is visible through the fuselage. Shouldn't be able to see through the cockpit structure, and no gun armament is carried on the centreline either so what this tracer line represents is a mystery.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Couldnt get decent screenshot.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):Win 7 64bit NVDIA GTX570

A minor issue but I thought I would raise it.

Brief description: Some tree textures and sections not being draw on the terrain when at higher altitudes, 4-5K.

Detailed description: The section of trees below, in this case near Spartanovka airfield do not appear unless you zoom in when flying at higher altitude.

PC config data: (Windows 7 64 Bit,  AMD FX-6350  , 32GB Ram, GTX 970, IL-2 graphical settings maximum). Latest drivers.

Additional assets: (screen shots)

post-42986-0-46124300-1439380190_thumb.jpg

post-42986-0-46024400-1439380196_thumb.jpg

A minor issue but I thought I would raise it.

Brief description: Some tree textures and sections not being draw on the terrain when at higher altitudes, 4-5K.

Detailed description: The section of trees below, in this case near Spartanovka airfield do not appear unless you zoom in when flying at higher altitude.

PC config data: (Windows 7 64 Bit,  AMD FX-6350  , 32GB Ram, GTX 970, IL-2 graphical settings maximum). Latest drivers.

Additional assets: (screen shots)

Same with buildings... it's due to LOD. They won't be drawn unless they are within the LOD range that has them start drawing. There isn't a bug there.

Got a good image of MC202 Tracer bug:

MC202tracer_zpstpkjolni.jpg

Also not the tracer or a bug. That is the lighting from the gunfire illuminating the surface of the nose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brief description: Pe-2 wing bomb still present when wing gone

Detailed description, conditions: Wing bomb still present on wing that has been detached, floats in mid air. Although it appears the bomb in the opposite wing disappears.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Screenshot attached

post-9266-0-37738000-1439569937_thumb.jpg

Edited by FuriousMeow

Brief description:  The chimneys of destroyed factories are still present but not visible.

Detailed description, conditions:  On a couple of occasions I have blown up in mid-air for no apparent reason while flying low.  This has happened on and off line.  It was not a result of enemy fire of any kind nor any ground object that could be seen.  It was more a result of hitting a wall where the plane just disintegrated.  I was lucky enough to capture this on a track last night and think I know the cause.  I destroyed a factory with a chimney then made a subsequent pass when the explosion occurred.  In review of the track it was exactly the moment of passing over the "destroyed" chimney when I explode.

Moment of impact, side view:

20633128681_e56d88aeeb_b.jpg

Moment of impact, top view:

20633129791_74925b7684_b.jpg

After impact:

20439804169_0b3825e611_b.jpg

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit
Intel i7 920 2.67GHz Quad CPU
9GB DDR3 RAM Corsair Dominator 1600MHz (3 X 2GB + 3 X 1GB), Triple Channel, Tested Latency8-8-8-24
nVidia GTX680 2GB - Driver 355.60 WHQL
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard
Corsair TX850w Power Supply

Edited by VR_Stick