BlackSix

Graphics, models and maps

Brief description: inconsistent distant object drawing

Detailed description, conditions:  With distant buildings drawing up to 30 km option enabled, aerodromes objects - buildings are not drawn, only the cities, witch is very odd and inconsistent. Pilots are serching for airfileds and can only spot diffrent ground patch not the actuacl objects.

image.thumb.png.e76bc58760683a48cbac4b2e008b5f64.png

airfield object starts to be visible only at close range

image.thumb.png.5638c046d38a4f962f9db1689649d8a7.png

• Upvote 2

Brief description: FC bullets hit effects are to generic.

Detailed description, conditions:

Same hit wood/canvas effect is displayed when bullet strike metal parts of the planes like engine cowling.
No visble damage decals when shoting to the Camel cowling .

Suggestion:
Two seaters planes scarf ring gives some sparks back when hit ,why not map the other metals pats of the all aeroplanes.

Futhermore I would make also diffrent effect when bullets hit the pilot cockpit for example broken glass etc, .

This give nice visual effect and sense of satisfation when machingun burst are aimed well by pilot.

BTW heard voices of community that preset hit dust/shavings effect as they call it  "beat the carpet "  are to exaggerated especially when seen from distance and not all parts of the plane should have it displayed, only wooden / plywood ones, canvas hit effects should be reduced.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Haha 1

Brief description: navigation light over the wing on the P-51, see the screenshots.

20191103210620_1.thumb.jpg.5b3cffabf4521dcb0272af1c4289dae0.jpg20191103210614_1.thumb.jpg.aa750553520295c13ce9c648f0d897ba.jpg20191103210610_1.thumb.jpg.1cf97d664a6baede76fe64ff2d27362d.jpg

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: The dual smoke dispensers on the P-51 appear a couple meters in front of the wing, attached to nothing.
Detailed description, conditions: This can be seen both in flight and in the hangar. Single smoke emitter seems to attach at the right place.

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2019.11.05 - 17.28.13.07.png

Brief description:  Soviet tank crew models is missing from tank interior.

Detailed description, conditions: I have installed last update 4.001, in Tank Crew game the soviet tank crew is missing (invisible) , in germans tanks the tank crew is ok.

I have to press something to unhide the soviet tank crew?

Edited by Geoweb35

Brief description: He-111-H16 front gunner don't like stay in cockpit😄 he's riding on the wind:dance:
Detailed description, conditions: no problem with H6

Il-2 2019-11-08 23-41-33 拷貝.jpg

Il-2 2019-11-08 23-35-25 拷貝.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Brief description:
Airfield Walking Zombie/Soldiers now Damage AI and Player a/c Props.

The walking soldiers which are spawned when arf_ Blocks such as arf_caponiers are/or have been Linked Entities with a designated country now damage player props when they walk into them.
Happens in all mission types.
A workaround is not setting the arf_Blocks as Linked Entities. However airfield attacks would then show friendly fire.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): N/A
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): N/A

Brief description: Bf109 - wind noise associated with damage canopy but no visual damage displayed 

Flying Bf109 (only noticed on G-6 and F-2 - other models not flown sufficiently), with v4.0X, wind noise indicates damaged canopy but damage not always show (bullet holes in Perspex etc).

I start a campaign on the new Reinland map and at the 3rd mission I got a strange graphic error and it forced me to abort the mission, there was no graphic representation of the interior of the plane, in this case he Tempest MK II impossible to do a mission without flight instruments or gun sight....look at the pcture for a better understanding of my predicament, strange and not the first time this happens, I tried to reload the mission but to no avail (no change), is there a solution?!

2019_11_10__16_2_59.jpg

On 11/8/2019 at 7:51 AM, Oyster_KAI said:

Brief description: He-111-H16 front gunner don't like stay in cockpit😄 he's riding on the wind:dance:

Il-2 2019-11-08 23-41-33 拷貝.jpg

Il-2 2019-11-08 23-35-25 拷貝.jpg

Did they attempt to modify something on the 111? Noticed I was missing Hans midflight.

2019_11_12__23_49_47.jpg

2019_11_13__0_7_5.jpg

2019_11_13__0_8_17.jpg

On 11/8/2019 at 3:51 PM, Oyster_KAI said:

Brief description: No pilot in replay of Tempest Mission. No Tracers in Tempest Mission. Invisible 109's attacking our landing planes on Airfield and External Lightning pilots in P-38 Mission Replay as well as lack of Tracers also.

Detailed description, conditions: The lack of pilots in cockpit in the Tempest was during my watching of the replay, as was the invisible pair of 109's attacking the airfield during our landing. During the actual Mission (not only in the replay but also) I was attacking a ground column and when I opened up there were NO tracers in my gunfire. This made targeting incredibly difficult. All these events are in the video to be seen.

The daredevil Lightning pilots seemed only to be present when watching a replay of a Career Mission in the P-38 but there was a lack of tracers in my ammunition during part of the attack on troops.

490264892_ComingOut.thumb.jpg.6f277d2b94375656fa468a37bb649eff.jpg

Brief description:

Clouds render with lines all over them.

Below are my video and game settings. Take to the skies (set to overcast)  in QMB, top left mission (Moscow, Autumn), free flight starting at 5000m, cloud height 3000m. As can be seen by the screen shots, there is a constant herring bone affect across the clouds which looks awful.

1475632103_Nvidiasettings.jpg.3e1bdc716afff1db7c3dde8de67ed3d0.jpg

264370544_Linesinthesky.jpg.7daaa3fbaad1c669ba2192649ddbdfd4.jpg

1690886360_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2019_11.14-16_16_15_60.thumb.jpg.00cfcae5baee48b95256ac9bd3f59cb0.jpg

1608059079_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2019_11.14-16_16_51_45.thumb.jpg.2e575cf1c70283b2b439e214848b1123.jpg

526684147_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2019_11.14-16_17_31_09.thumb.jpg.147cb9c0da851cf869c370d8f9498e81.jpg

61181356_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2019_11.14-16_17_43_30.thumb.jpg.fdd6c89935f804941f48ee6fc30b780e.jpg

2143881006_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2019_11.14-16_17_53_09.thumb.jpg.f4a38d9b2eb993b29b9f1f49364255ca.jpg

378888750_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2019_11.15-01_24_37_99.thumb.jpg.355744fdadd10d9a63aedfec84a1364f.jpg

1804815398_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2019_11.15-01_24_45_55.thumb.jpg.fe4a8482f3394546c216836b958fd946.jpg

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

ASUS Z170 Deluxe, Intel i7 6700K, 16Gb Corsair DDR4 Ram, ASUS 1070 STRIX GPU, Soundblaster ZX Audio, 2xSamsung 850Evo SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog, Track IR, Simpeds, Windows 10 64-Bit Home, Nvidia Driver 441.20, GeForce with Shadow play.

Okay, I admit this is REALLY picky, but ETO P-51D Mustangs did not have the radio antenna wire that runs between the tails vertical fin and the rear of the pilots seat, passing through the canopy.

This was also not fitted to the ETO P-47's either (post -25 models if memory serves), both solely using the radio mast.

So to be accurate this should be removed......I know, I know, its very pedantic, but its a common misconception that always bugs me.....sorry.

(P.s. Like screenshots above Mysticpuma. FYI, I have a new version out with correctly sized tail serials now.)

Edited by Bo_Nidle

Detailed description, conditions: Enemy tanks can shoot through buildings and hills (and of course trees)

This BT shot me through 2 hills. In the recorder track is clear that this  BT cant see me.

hill1.jpg

hill2.jpg

hill3.jpg

hill4.jpg

This time I'll try with pictures, perhaps it will be taken into account (and this time I'll only report this one) ;) 

Nivelles, not Niverlles

bodenplatte.1.jpg.12079bd023bbc14908d752c6052865ff.jpg  bodenplatte.1.google.jpg.8f08bce67f1c843c2eb2a90d31fff973.jpg

left: IL-2 4.001, right: Google Maps

3df4a8b29c688e43cbd623592b12b7c9.png

https://gyazo.com/d3a8a7df6d53c4091422af133edc7289

chrome template  on all alied planes bonderplate  . redering  frist chrome  at large distance .  very advantge for  german pilots ( not have chrome  template)
The render of the chrome template in the allied planes, specially on Bodenplatte scenario is very visible at large distance. Making way easier to spot these planes to German pilots which planes does not have a chrome color under camuflage.

Edited by ala.rota.Emistico
  • Upvote 1

I cannot find this previously reported: The P-47D-28 displays a transparent fuselage interior when looking back through the engine cowling in exterior view.

UPDATE Edit: NOT A BUG. Found a layer on the Alpha Template called "Shadows" and switched it off. This has cured the problem.

P47 bug.jpg

Edited by Bo_Nidle

Brief description:
problem with cloud : other planes and cockpit frame are "outlined" by white

When flying over a low cloud layer, other planes and all player plane frame are "outlined" with white area, whatever the settings are for cloud.

External FoV display cloud, that disapears when moving the head.

2019_11_23__17_15_53.thumb.jpg.155beec9c54c39b92821ec88ae7ef3ba.jpg

A track to reproduce is joined

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): N/A

Tracks.zip

Edited by lefuneste

On 11/22/2019 at 3:58 PM, Bo_Nidle said:

I cannot find this previously reported: The P-47D-28 displays a transparent fuselage interior when looking back through the engine cowling in exterior view.

It's an incorretly made custom skin issue, though. You won't see it on defaults.

brief description: trees block runway at Florennes air base.

detailed description: on the western edge of the main runway with a 270-90 heading, there are several trees which are in the way when landing from the west. They should be removed.

Brief description: Front canopy panel turns black in the Fw 190 A-8
Detailed description, conditions: When you change from external view to the cockpit view the windshield of the Fw 190 A-8 bocomes black. This happens only for a split second, maybe 600ms. This malfunction has existed since the introduction of the A-8 in the sim. Also other players have reported the same error.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): none
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): IL- Software V 4.001c

i7 7700k @ 4.8GHz / 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3200 MHz / MSI Z270 Gaming Pro / Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 / Display: ASUS VG278HE 144 Hz / Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512 GB / WD Red HDD 2.0 TB / Peripherals: HOTAS VKB Gunfighter joystick + Warthog throttle / MFG Pedals / Saitec throttle Quadrant / TrackIr5 OS: Windows 10 64bit

Brief description: custom skin draw problem
Detailed description, conditions: When you look away from player with custom skin ,and go back to him,  you will see default skin and then custom.
In this particular sitiation on the left was Bristol with custom skin and his skin was stable do not change but camel skin on the right was on/off. It appers that camel was litter bit futher positioted to my plane than Bristol.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Il-2 on SSD , 11 GB VRAM Nvidia 1080 TI, 16 GB DDR4@3400, i7 6700K@4,5 Ghz, win10 64

21 hours ago, Art-J said:

It's an incorretly made custom skin issue, though. You won't see it on defaults.

Thanks, but could you be more specific? what is the cause?

I have since noticed it is only happening on the P-47 skin I am working on and others, including those I have downloaded are working correctly.

It also only happens on the P-47 despite the fact i am not doing anything differently to how I do P-51 skins which do not display this issue?

Any info appreciated, thanks.

Can't help I'm afraid. I've seen the same effect being used on purpose on one of custom P-40 skins to make part of the fuselage transparent, but I don't know how P-47's template works.

1 hour ago, Art-J said:

Can't help I'm afraid. I've seen the same effect being used on purpose on one of custom P-40 skins to make part of the fuselage transparent, but I don't know how P-47's template works.

I've just found the culprit.

There's a layer on the Alpha template called "Shadows".

The same layer on the PSD has the opacity at 90% and set on "Multiply". I changed this to "Overlay" and reduced it to 50%.

I switched off the "Shadows" layer on the Alpha template and this has cured it. I'll just experiment to see where its "broken" limit is.

Still don't understand why it had the effect it did but I can move on now.

It was driving me nuts!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Edited by Bo_Nidle

Brief description: pilots are standing in their seat, torso and head are outside the cockpit

The AI's and player's pilots are standing in their seat, torso and head are outside the cockpit, at take-off and during the flight.

I have a screenshot but it's not possible to upload it in these forums (probably because it's .bmp, that's the file produced by the game yet the forums refuse this type...)

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Version 4.001c

@Redglyph -  Don't worry, it's been reported with screenshots quite a few times and devs are aware. Jason wrote they struggled with finding the culprit, though, so it might take a while to fix.

• Thanks 1

Brief description: P.u.W bombs turn into Cooper bombs when viewed from far away.

Detailed: description: The Halberstadt CL.II P.u.W bombs of both 12.5kg and 50kg turn into British 20lbs Cooper bombs at distant LOD.

It may be hard to see from these images (click to see the uploaded video), but it's a lot more pronounced in-game:

AliveVainIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.

InformalInfantileIncatern-size_restricte

And in this video (in which I was testing bombs not detonating) you can see the light gray P.u.W bombs turn into black-tipped brown Cooper bombs when hanging under the wings of the aircraft and especially when they are dropped.

Edited by J5_Hellbender-Sch27b
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: Missing railroad tracks
Detailed description, conditions: Kuban map, town of Troitskaya at map grid 0822. The railroad station is missing the side tracks. Their place is clearly visible on the ground texture. Would be good to have them added for train target placement.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Will add screenshot.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): See signature for hardware.

Railroad.jpg

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2019 at 5:49 PM, Quinte said:

Brief description: The dual smoke dispensers on the P-51 appear a couple meters in front of the wing, attached to nothing.
Detailed description, conditions: This can be seen both in flight and in the hangar. Single smoke emitter seems to attach at the right place.

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2019.11.05 - 17.28.13.07.png

I think it's an UFO...

Brief description: Weird graphic anomaly when cloud shadows are over trees.
Detailed description, conditions:Single player, Quick Mission, Rhineland map.
image.thumb.png.31405de3197049e316322d78e0166915.png
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):Ryzen 5 2600X, Windows 10 64, AMD Asrock B450M Pro 4, Radeon RX580 8GB (Driver:19.11.1),250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1080p Monitor.

Edited by Jabo_68*
made correction

BRIEF DESCRPTION: (previously unmentioned?)  Graphical problem with depiction of clouds.

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed the following problem?

802504485_cloudproblem.thumb.jpg.3346aed118a7e7bbb0d30fd77dfcdc32.jpg

I thought I'd upset something with own modding work on the clouds and have spent a fair while trying to identify what I'd done wrong without any luck. However after more extensive testing, whilst I still  can't identify what the cause is I have found it is also present in "mods-off" mode as illustrated above, as such I don't believe it can be related to my own changes.  I have no recollection of seeing this before the devs most recent changes to the clouds used to improve the pixelated/aliasing problems with aircraft rendered infront of clouds.

It has proved very difficult to catch/illustrate in a screenshot as it fleetingly pops into and out of view as the camera angle changes, but it is best described as sections of the edges of the clouds periodically getting clipped with random  straight edges as if some sort of fuzzy cloud picture applied to the particles forming the basis of the clouds is misaligned in terms of how an alpha channel or UV unwrap mask is selecting the appropriate portion of a texture file such that it is cutting straight through the densest part of the image rather than around the softened/transparent edges.

I suppose it is possible that it could be more prevalent but simply not noticed in the main body of the clouds if it is cutting white against another white part of the cloud, but at the edges a sliced straight white edge looks far more prominent against green landscape or blue sky.

EDIT:  attached is another screenshot I've just taken in mods-off that more clearly shows the problem

cloud problem 2.jpg

Edited by HappyHaddock
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2019 at 11:07 PM, Jabo_68* said:

Brief description: Weird graphic anomaly when cloud shadows are over trees.
Detailed description, conditions:Single player, Quick Mission, Rhineland map.
image.thumb.png.31405de3197049e316322d78e0166915.png
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):Ryzen 5 2600X, Windows 10 64, AMD Asrock B450M Pro 4, Radeon RX580 8GB (Driver:19.11.1),250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1080p Monitor.

UPDATE

Problem resolved after installing latest Radeon driver: 19.12.2.

• Thanks 1

Of minor importance but just to let you guys know: a spelling error in the Graphics Menu.

Error.jpg

• Thanks 1

Brief description: Invisible aircraft
Detailed description, conditions: Flying with a partner online. He sees a plane near us, I do not see. There is a plane on his track record, there is no track on my track record

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): i5-2500K 4,4Ghz | DDR3-1600 16Gb | GTX 1660Ti 6Gb | SSD 240GB | AOC 24" 1920х1080 | Win10 | Drv 441.66

Posted (edited)

Brief description: clouds and sun issues

Detailed description, conditions: Sun aliasing open cockpit.

Additional assets: screenshot

image.png.b52b2e2d340bea47802ebcd1983d48ef.pngimage.png.e4c5c46020be9889645ea664ef7aef7e.pngimage.png.56269d1b41671a13f3e463a5c09a25e2.png

Detailed description, conditions: Biplanes aliasing in the clouds and somthimes invisible if cloud is in the background  behind the plane on defalut zoom level

image.png.1a984f3905ce0d149e1500e0f2d25db3.pngimage.png.a5768e60b4943293cc812bd5adf5b054.png  image.png.0fd065c14c26c38e64fa1a6f6037333a.pngimage.png.93cd119c88324fb05bc1bad797a9f86a.png image.png.63894a5c59c2d811e1664e1477e8a4f5.png

invisible plane  in the background  behind the plane on defalut zoom level

1)

image.png.cce090d31db667a56977492e72be1654.png

2)

image.png.7d2fd91036479b1be1e59fe0e27c8249.png

image.png.ea1aefd7654cea540a180491675d2dbb.png   

Detailed description, conditions: ground shells explosion are visible below thick and  thin layer of clouds.

image.png.f68d6da319ce94d3b5b7b06f5b938a44.pngimage.png.4b00ac38e6b4d41f05f49ebc795bf8ec.pngimage.png.f10e2e8b4bc324eabc869131b039a892.pngimage.thumb.png.ff88009edc1bd9f7630f0f3cbd4c28b8.png

Detailed description, conditions: clouds are transparent to the cirrus clouds painted on sky dome, they just  change the colour from white to blue when seen through
clouds

wu7wU33.jpg

same cloud is ok from distant

OAjLVCt.jpg

Detailed description, conditions: you can't hide in thick clouds - airplane propeller disk is always visible - especially in zoom

image.png.a4c577d32c996a5f10c1c143d9ee24a9.png

image.png.b0eb4c3c21acdd4aaf31ef431010cc93.png

image.png.03204632dab56f220cdd5babf6dd9bd9.png

image.png.fe5e2dd67ed0ad9394b61cc1c03e4131.png

Detailed description, conditions:  Clouds edges are boiling - event on extreme cloud gfx settings

Detailed description, conditions:  morning haze makes ground target stand out

image.png.c5dc68284c6a124ea11dfc1fad567dea.png

Detailed description, conditions: skydome color banding and image posterization - more visible especially in dawn and dusk

image.thumb.png.f427d55da5e3fa20af39e20fd0beaff7.pngimage.thumb.png.8fbb2ea483a3f4cca48c60a84b32393a.png 

image.png.25b89b4a00aae239d93881e2888ea78a.png

Detailed description, conditions: sea - color banding and posterization

image.png.c3c67f9bbf840859bd15776d1d813159.pngimage.png.74df272c7b8a00fa161683f930fe8b83.png

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Win10, Nvida driver 441.12, Il2 GB 4.003b  - december 18. 2019, gfx: preset high, AAx4  

image.png

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Brief description: Error in the P-51 cockpit where the red warning pins are showing on the sides of the canopy. They are only shown when the emergency release handle is engaged. Detailed description, conditions: Always.
Additional assets: Pictures below, screenshot from the game and the P-51 manual.
Your PC config data: Windows Pro 64 Bit, AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070

ERROR.jpg

Screenshot_20200104-180644_Drive.jpg

Edited by Dark_P
Added a better reference picture

Brief description: External graphic bug.

Detailed description, conditions: For a few versions already, I have encountered a fairly painful graphic rendering problem. Some elements of the decor (trees, roads, ...) do not seem to be on a normal scale (tiny trees like bushes) and these elements are floating. In external view, it is particularly visible by changing the point of view all around the plane. Some scenery elements appear directly on the runway when they are supposed to be further away.
A priori, it is enough to quit the game completely and then restart it so that this defect disappears.
Graphic function initialization fault?

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): i7 4790K @ 4,4 GHz, 32 Go DDR3, MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB  with 441.87 drivers @ 1920x1200, SSD Samsung 970 PRO 1T with PCI 4x adapter, Windows 10 64

Hi

Issues/bugs on P-51 Mustang official/custom skins after 4.004 Update.

2020_1_22__0_13_48.jpg

Image1.jpg

Edited by silvergun
  • Upvote 2