BlackSix

Graphics, models and maps

7 minutes ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

P 38,  The oval blisters/bulges on the inside of the engine nascels are behaving like mirrors when viewed from the cockpit.

As they should. You can check your landing gear from them in case of a problem.

• Thanks 1

Brief Description: Glass is missing for the Bf-110 E2 gunsight
Please see screenshot attached, you can only see the reticle

gunsight.png

2 hours ago, Jansgi said:

As they should. You can check your landing gear from them in case of a problem.

.....and I thought you were taking the piss 😁.  Cheers, nice to learn something new.

Posted (edited)

BF 109 K-4 tires in game and main menu, version 3.201.

307960_20191001233957_1.jpg

307960_20191001234013_1.jpg

307960_20191001234031_1.jpg

P-51D-15 with no gunsight sliding sun-filter in game, version 3.201.

307960_20191001235205_1.jpg

307960_20191001235216_1.jpg

Edited by silvergun
  • Upvote 1

VR Mode: icons are not blocked by the aircraft

There is a hole in the Bottom of the P51 that shines all the way through.

There are also two scoops for vents on the sides of the radiator housing that do not have texture inside and are invisible from some angles.

2019_10_2__11_24_14.jpg

2019_10_2__11_24_44.jpg

2019_10_2__11_25_10.jpg

Posted (edited)

Graphical error with floating/partial bits of trees on the new Arras map

I can't be sure of the cause  or what triggers this as it is intermittent but these floating bits of trees can seem to jump around with changes of FOV

EDIT: I've noticed with further use that this may relate to a problem with the dither and LOD function as the way the low res. trees are blended into the larger models as you approach them can also seem "odd" at times with random bits of trees popping into and out view as you cross the threshold from one LOD to the next. It is almost as if there is some sort of mismatch in shape/placement between the distant trees and the more detailed models that replace them at close range

floating trees.jpg

Edited by HappyHaddock

The City Düsseldorf in Bodenplatte Map is mirrored. West is east and north is south.

This might be less of a bug and more of the WIP nature of the Arras map but the masks I'd expect to block the grass textures within the towns/cities are absent such that the roads and pavements of the underlying town map tiles have just as much plant growth applied over them as the fields in the countryside.

Posted (edited)

The VHF Radio lights on 3 new planes(P-51D-15/P-38J-25/Tempest Mk.V)

Faint or no glory effect.

Il-2 2019-10-04 05-48-50 拷貝.jpg

Il-2 2019-10-04 05-47-01 拷貝.jpg

Il-2 2019-10-04 05-47-56 拷貝.jpg

Edited by Oyster_KAI
  • Like 1

Brief description:

Direct sunlight inside hangar

Detailed description, conditions:

I parked an aircraft inside a hangar on Deurne airfield (B-70). The hangar roof doesn't have skylights or any openings to allow the direct sunlight shown in the screenshot.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Inside hangar.jpg

Brief description: P-38 Engine Interior invisible 
Detailed description, conditions: I noticed after a P-38 broke apart (the part that was separated from the cockpit) that the mirror was no longer there and the inside of the engine was replaced by the sky. Depending on the angle you can see parts of the Gear. For clarification i made also a screenshot from the backside to show that it was intact. See corresponding pictures

1398464969_P-38Mirrorbug.thumb.jpg.b4b3b416fc08fb8b0043415a2adba412.jpg939657727_P-38Mirrorbug3.thumb.jpg.82f851f966e72c64144c4d492eca438f.jpg883220823_P-38Mirrorbug2.thumb.jpg.4a1d9fdb5f959e35f49dc4d0c8bf16cd.jpg

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  Win-10 Pro 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 5 1600X, NVIDIA GTX 1060 , 16GB RAM

Hi there 

There is an issue with the labels being blocked out by clear a shadow or clear duplicate of the cockpit. I took screen shot but it dos not appear in the screen shots??

This was in the Spitfire & I'm using Track IR

Has anyone else had this issue.

Hi Mutly,

with this new update when looking at external view of elevator trim tab operation, trim tab working in reverse.

trim tab is going down to trim nose of aircraft up.If this was right than the elevator should move down to nose plane upward.

So with this thinking, trim tab should work like elevator, elevator turns upward to nose aircraft up, so trim tab should also move upward also to nose plane up.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, VBF-12_daduck said:

Hi Mutly,

with this new update when looking at external view of elevator trim tab operation, trim tab working in reverse.

trim tab is going down to trim nose of aircraft up.If this was right than the elevator should move down to nose plane upward.

So with this thinking, trim tab should work like elevator, elevator turns upward to nose aircraft up, so trim tab should also move upward also to nose plane up.

Hi VBF-12_daduck

I didn't post about the trim I posted about an issue with the aircraft labels being blocked by ghost shadows of my aircraft.

Posted (edited)

It seems the thread with the call for help will be ignored, so I'm copying those two issues here:

Brief description: typos in map names (Rheinland Summer 1944)

On 5/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, Redglyph said:

No map yet, but several typos:

- Niverlles (unreadable, maybe another letter), B-75, is actually "Nivelles"

- Floidchapelle, SW of A-78/Florennes) is actually "Froidchapelle"

- Auwaille (South of A-93/Liège, East of Spa) is actually "Aywaille"

- Chievres (A-84) is actually "Chièvres"

- Bierset-Liege (A-93) is actually "Bierset-Liège" or more commonly "Bierset"

(it's possible some of them were fixed in the mean time)

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): IL-2 version 3.201

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brief description: missing airfield

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): IL-2 version 3.201

PS: editor made a mess of my two posts, hopefully it's still understandable

Edited by Redglyph

Soldiers running out of damaged US GMC trucks are German. Somewhere in heaven (or hell) Otto Skorzeny approves this feature.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Description: killed pilot/crew dissapears.

I noticed while flying a career on BOM that pilots and crew slump and then dissapear when killed. I have noticed this with the mig3, top gunner he-111-h6 and my own gunner in a bf110E.

Edited by [Pb]RedeyeStorm

1 hour ago, [Pb]RedeyeStorm said:

Description: killed pilot/crew dissapears.

I noticed while flying a career on BOM that pilots and crew slump and then dissapear when killed. I have noticed this with the mig3, top gunner he-111-h6 and my own gunner in a bf110E.

That's by design. 

LukeFF, that you have an empty cockpit with no one behind the controls is not by design, not at 1500 meters at least. Slumping yes the vanishing act not. 

1 hour ago, [Pb]RedeyeStorm said:

Slumping yes the vanishing act not. 

Sorry but no, this has been discussed in beta testing, and it was confirmed there that it was coded this way for performance reasons.

Brief description: graphic leg in start menu and while playing a game in a tank 

Detailed description, conditions:  when i start the game up on my laptop and come in to the menu my curser stuttering when i move it over the screen. 

and whene i play in tank and look down my scoop and i fire my gun my  screen get al like this( look at the picture below). can some one help me to fix it.Knipsel.thumb.PNG.f27f4bdf44cd95aeceda98f14bb432d4.PNG1769406436_Knipsel2.PNG.8c388a1dd4dd7013512232bb6ee598ec.PNG

Edited by stevenfelleman98

The Rheinland map is missing the Waterloo memorial Lion's Mound south of Brussels I think, completed in 1826.

Edited by ACG_Woop

On 10/4/2019 at 11:57 PM, FAW-Tromplamort said:

Little Bug with the P51 canopy...

Il-2-2019-10-04-23-49-24.jpg

Il-2-2019-10-04-23-50-40.jpg

Well, now we know why you can hear the sound of the wind so loudly when you head to the side of the cabin;)

• Haha 1

Hello, just a small, but annoying thing.

I tried to set up a deathmatch mission with tanks in the city of Mainz on the Rhineland map.

But upon reaching one of the bridges over the Rhine (the center one), my Tiger started lifting up in the air (pic 1 & 2).

At the point of getting to the bridge structure itself it dropped onto the bridge at road level.

After crossing the bridge structure, the tank was stopped by an invisible barrier, which reflected shots fired at it (pic 3)

My conclusion is, that the hitboxes/collision models of the bridgeheads are too high, denying the crossing of the bridge.

x_2019_10_12__21_18_36.jpg

2019_10_12__21_19_58.jpg

x_2019_10_12__21_25_58.jpg

Good morning,
Has anyone else noticed an annoying wind effect, as if there was an open cockpit, moving the head towards the left or right?🤔

Brief description: Genk city (near Ash airfield) warehouse and ramps are floating in the air

Detailed description, conditions: The warehouses and ramps are in the air. They are not sticked to the ground

Additional assets:  screenshots x2

2019_10_16__14_15_51.jpg

2019_10_16__14_16_9.jpg

Brief description: P-51D Hydraulic pressure release / intended or not? No bug or bug?

Detailed description, conditions: After stopping the engine in the P-51D Mustang the hydraulic pressure is not released. This means that the inner gear wheel doors and the flaps are not falling down. The pressure should be released for safety. This safety mechanism  forbids  activating the landing gear while on ground. By releasing the hydraulic pressure flaps and inner wheel doors are falling down.

(There is no pressure in the hydraulic system when starting the aircraft. You can clearly see flaps and inner gear doors are down.)

Edited by Yankee_One

6 hours ago, ITA_SUPMannaia said:

Good morning,
Has anyone else noticed an annoying wind effect, as if there was an open cockpit, moving the head towards the left or right?🤔

It is something that I previously had experience all the time before the patch, where if you moved your head so that it was near the canopy you would hear wind rushing a little bit - kind of like when you put your ear against a window of a moving car. It was not as noticeable before for me. Now the wind noise has changed in pitch and volume with the change to the sound engine and is more noticeable.

Brief description: Pilot in cockpit pop up in front of my view (VR atleast) Plane JU-88 A-4.
Detailed description, conditions: When i lean my head down to the left  to check engine levers and trim settings, 3d pilot pop up and prevent my view. This happens only with JU-88. Noticed this issue after 3.201. 
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): GTX1080Ti , 436.48 drivers. 3.201 with latest hotfix. HP Reverb VR set with native resolution. 

PIC1.jpg

PIC2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Hartigan said:

Brief description: Pilot in cockpit pop up in front of my view (VR atleast) Plane JU-88 A-4.
Detailed description, conditions: When i lean my head down to the left  to check engine levers and trim settings, 3d pilot pop up and prevent my view. This happens only with JU-88. Noticed this issue after 3.201. 
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): GTX1080Ti , 436.48 drivers. 3.201 with latest hotfix. HP Reverb VR set with native resolution. 

PIC1.jpg

PIC2.jpg

Are you sure this is not a mod you've installed? Modes are not supported by the dev team, they are only tolerated in some way.

Edited by -=-THERION

32 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

Are you sure this is not a mod you've installed? Modes are not supported by the dev team, they are only tolerated in some way.

This is the original pilot. In the mod the pilot would not have the left hand at the yoke, as it is one pilot put in all the cockpits.

Mods are disabled. Is it possible pilot position might not be correct in JU88? Like every plane ,I need to adjust seat position manually and save new position with F10 after fresh game install. After that it's good to go ,but is it possible JU88 seat position has somekind of bug and game thinks I'm not sitting where it looks like? Hard to explain 

Confirmed.

Brief description:
Destroyed Blocks rendering undamaged at long distance with Distant Buildings checked.

Blocks which have been destroyed either using ME Block Properties and/or by users themselves in earlier sorties rendering undamaged at long distance then show destruction irregardless of altitude beginning at approximately 8km. Too short a distance for level bombing in order to adjust. Using both new BoPB and the older Oil Container Blocks as testing.

All picture name distances are approximate. Craters added to shown blocks which were damaged or completely destroyed with the ME Properties prior to the testing flights.

Pictures begin at 20+ Km down to the starting to change picture at 5-8 Km. Bombing Altitude is 17500 ft.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):
Intel i5-3570k at 3.40 GHz
Nvidia GForce GTX 1050ti w/latest Drivers

1_Ingress at 20+ Km.jpg

2_Ingress at 15-20 Km.jpg

3_Ingress at 10-15 Km.jpg

4_Starting to Change at 8 Km.jpg

5_Starting to change II.jpg

6_Change Complete.jpg

Brief description:The front windshield of Fw190 A8/F8 is too dark so the front view is unvisible when I setted graphics to low. 
Detailed description, conditions:This bug only occurs when I set graphics to low.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):OS:windows7

QQ截图20191024175402.png

Brief description: All maps are at the same latitude and longitude (ie stalingrad) and thus the sun/moon/star position and sunrise/sunset time is incorrect on most maps
Detailed description, conditions: Setting Novo, Arras and Kuban to the same date and time shows the same sun/moon location despite the different lat/long of the locations
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Example image

869733797_samelatlong.thumb.png.27b8a48396b70d8bb90d7ecb1235482f.png

Formerly changing the mapNE/mapSe,ect in height.hini would correctly change the maps lat and longitude.

Hi devs: related post above, but not in long distance, short distance too.

Brief description: Different views, different rendering for a destroyed object. In ME, when applying "add event" - "on killed" the command works and takes it as destroyed, but it is shown intact in cabin / camera view from the air.

Detailed description, conditions: Added a camera view from the air and show object destroyed not destroyed. Same thing from cockpit when flying around. Added ground camera view and show object destroyed, destroyed
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Added below
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Win 10pro (Build 16299), EVGA 1070ti with latest drivers, I5 7600K, RAM 32GB

Thanks

vista 1.jpg

vista 2.jpg

Brief Description: Gunsight lamp on the Ju-88 displays incorrect texture
Detailed Description: Ju-88A-4's gunsight lamp texture shows instead the skin/livery texture being used by the player. Skin used in the picture is the "Adler" one.

20191026185602_1.jpg