BlackSix

Graphics, models and maps

Just in case there is confusion about the smoke in front of the plane at impact, it is not an AA burst.  I was firing on a ground target and my bullets were actually striking the "chimney".

20439256450_82a73769fe_b.jpg

I've searched around the forums but could not find anything related.

Brief description: missing textures on crashed aircraft

Conditions: both in QMB and MP

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

post-20713-0-12891100-1442653734_thumb.png

post-20713-0-97480800-1442653734_thumb.png

post-20713-0-70327900-1442653739_thumb.png

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 10, GTX750TI (both w/355.82 and 355.97 drivers), happens with SweetFX off or on.

Brief description: Custom skin not showing during replay
Detailed description, conditions: Affected aircraft in this case was the M.C.202; didn't test with other aircrafts. Is anybody else having this?

Brief description: 3D model of rear navigation light missing on P-40E
Detailed description, conditions: the tear drop shaped clear cover of the rear white light is omitted... (but, more important, functions normally).

post-481-0-34939400-1443542412_thumb.jpg

post-481-0-92950400-1443542424_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm reporting this in the right thread - I got this error message on loading a replay of a P-40 flight:

BoSReplayBug_zpsjvb5agky.png

The replay worked ok though, and the bomb still showed up. Curious....

I'm not sure if I'm reporting this in the right thread - I got this error message on loading a replay of a P-40 flight:

BoSReplayBug_zpsjvb5agky.png

The replay worked ok though, and the bomb still showed up. Curious....

I had the same but the game crashes

And the longitudinal instability in BF-109, FW-190 ??? Will solve ????
They plan to tidy up the loose nose BF-109?
Because it keeps doing somersaults in the air, and very unstable, too soft..

One more thing, will change the designs of planes in the briefing screen? because those planes belong to the ROF ...

Brief description: 3D model of rear navigation light missing on P-40E

Detailed description, conditions: the tear drop shaped clear cover of the rear white light is omitted... (but, more important, functions normally).

attachicon.gifP-40_RNL.jpg

attachicon.gifEpson013.jpg

Curiously, this navigation lamp is visible when the P-40 is in the hangar or in the viewer, but not in game... :wacko:

post-481-0-75399600-1443906942_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pierre64

Brief description:  He-111 vanishes after 10 Km

Detailed Description:  The HE-111 is much larger than the fighters and is clearly visible at 10 Km. As the render range is fixed at 10 Km the aircraft will disappear and reappear suddenly at that point. With more twin engined aircraft expected Ju88 etc the draw distance needs to be extended to avoid the sudden appearance of larger aircraft visible from much further distances.

Brief description: 3D model of BF-109F-4 Armoured Wind Screen
Detailed description: textures, shadows ecc. ecc. are missed. In the previous patches it was fine. Now it's returned to the alpha stage where it was untextured ecc. ecc..

post-1022-0-70002100-1444744268_thumb.jpg

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 1

This is NOT the same invisible plane issue reported previously but something different that is happening.

Brief description:  I believe the system has a bug that leaves ghosts of planes and/or the their artifacts.

Detailed description, conditions:  I spawned in an I-16 in the Wings of Liberty server on 10/16.  I was on comms with two other people who previously spawned from the same base but were in combat far from this airfield.  There was an aircraft engine running next to me however the plane was not there.  There was no dust/snow from the prop wash.  I began to record a track.  While starting my engine I heard the aircraft fire its weapons.  Previously, if a true invisible plane fired its weapons it became visible, this did not happen.  Right after the firing I heard one of the two ask the other if he had just fired on a bandit.  He acknowledged that he had.  I asked him if he could fire his weapons again, which he did, and again the "plane" next to me fired its weapons.  Too much to be a coincidence.

On other occasions I have seen multiple snow effects from prop wash but I have taxied through them and believe them to be remnants.  I was able to confirm this when I watched a person I was flying with land his aircraft and spawn out.  The snow effect stayed in place although his aircraft was gone.  I flew my entire mission and when i returned, the snow cloud effect was still there.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  Track is available, contents of invisible plane log is below.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit
Intel i7 920 2.67GHz Quad CPU
9GB DDR3 RAM Corsair Dominator 1600MHz (3 X 2GB + 3 X 1GB), Triple Channel, Tested Latency8-8-8-24
nVidia GTX680 2GB - Driver 355.60 WHQL
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard

Text of MP-Invisble Plane Log file:

Multiplayer session:

Airplane type: LaGG-3
    True altitude: 2
    Hide code: 2

Airplane type: I-16
    True altitude: 1

Airplane type: IL-2
    True altitude: 381

Airplane type: Bf-109 F4
    True altitude: 209

Airplane type: Bf-109 G2
    True altitude: 1826

True altitude: 1403

True altitude: 1673

True altitude: 2004

Airplane type: Fw-190
    True altitude: 2593

Airplane type: P-40E-1
    True altitude: 1079

True altitude: 2973

True altitude: 695

Airplane type: P-40E-1
    True altitude: 697

True altitude: 1

Airplane type: LaGG-3
    True altitude: 2

True altitude: 4

Airplane type: He-111
    True altitude: 247

Airplane type: Ju-87
    True altitude: 3195

Edited by MrStick

Brief description: Somke and wind
Detailed description: It appear that smoke is not affected by wind if is coming out from small destroyed object for example tanks. Or the big smoke is always in one direction without regard of wind.

2aj6qol.png

A

Brief description: Black Gunsight after oil leak in Bf 109 E7

Detailed description, conditions: After my engine got hit, the gunsight went totally black, the more oil I lost, the more it went darker.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Video from 14:30 and following minutes. CLICK

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software)Intel i4790 @4,2 GHz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Windows 10, SSD, Steam Version, gamma set to 0.6

B

Brief description: Ju-87 gunner radio in front of instruments

Detailed description, conditions: After spawning the graphic model of the cockpit looked strange, as you can see in the vid. Actually it happened to me only once.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Video at 15:55 and following minutes. CLICK

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software)Intel i4790 @4,2 GHz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Windows 10, SSD, Steam Version, gamma set to 0.6

Edited by Emil_Junus

Brief description: Verbovka Airfield Ramp in the Weeds.

Detailed description: MP spawnpoint placed within Ramp boundary basically unusable due to extremely rough taxi handling in weedy areas on the map. Gui within ME show ramp as being clear and usable for Spawn point.

VerbovkaWeeds.jpg

VerbovkaWeeds2.jpg

Brief description: Autumn and Summer map in the Mission editor with BoS  do not transcript the right seasonal effects on static objects .

Detailed Description: Country_blocs have snow on their roofs as well as Arf_ caponiers ! Also can not find Arf_wooden caponiers in the objects list !

Brief description: During night hours the top of the view becomes significantly darker than the bottom of the view.

Detailed description:  During the night hours (only tested between 2200 and 0100) the top of the view is significantly darker than the bottom of the view. Not sure if this is intentional but it doesn't simulate anything because when the aircraft is inverted, the top 1/4 still has this darkened shader going on. You'll notice in the screenshots how when the view is angled downward, the horizon becomes incredibly darkened. When the view is adjusted to look higher, the horizon becomes brighter. When inverted, the same thing happens. Look skyward while inverted, and the top area is darkened. Look ground angle when inverted, and the horizon becomes brighter. So normal flight or inverted, the top half of the monitor becomes darkened while the bottom half is brighter.

Screenshots attached showing this odd shading effect. SSAO is off, tried with HDR on and off - no change.

post-9266-0-00941900-1446085400_thumb.jpg

post-9266-0-15039100-1446085407_thumb.jpg

Edited by FuriousMeow

Brief description: Random explosions and gunshot sounds are present on Stalingrad summer map 

Detailed Description: It's a bit strange to see the random/fake explosions on Stalingrad city in the summer... and if you zoom you can even hear ambient gunshots? There was no fighting in the city during the summer, so I think it makes sense to disable those effects at least for this season (or make it an option for mission builders).

Edited by Sim

Brief description: Tuzov airfield runway does not match in summer/autumn and winter seasons

Detailed description: The runway is a bit off for summer/autumn seasons compared to the old winter one. It's hard to build taxi routes that can be used in all seasons. It would be great if runway and taxi way positions would be identical for all seasons..

Note that there are other airfields with this problem (Tuzov is just one of them).

Edited by Sim

Brief description: Shadows/ground for some airfield structures are hardcoded for summer/autumn maps

Detailed description: It seems that with summer/autumn maps - the shadows for some caponier airfield structures are now part of the ground textures - and that means you cannot use your own caponiers/building on that spot and have to always use whatever matches the existing shadows.. they don't seem to add anything much compared with the same caponier without the hardcoded ground shadow effect - so I am not sure why this was done and why it is not present on winter season. This limits the creativity of Mission Builders that want to design/provide their own airfield details.

Brief description:  Runway at Rakhinka airfield has wrong ground effects.

Detailed description: The wheels of planes on Rakhinka airfield runway sink 1/3 into the ground. When rolling the ground has the same bumpy effect like snow covered terrain.

EDIT: The problem also affects Kaganovicha airfield.

Edited by Juri_JS

Brief description:  Contrails start at 4500m

Detailed description: In the summer contrails should start forming around 8000 meters. I know they MIGHT form at lower altitudes depending on humidity and temperature, but 4500m is quite off.

Bf-110 Online

Flickering gunner and shadows possibly when the rear gunner is occupied by another player

Brief description:Bf-110 Rear artillery position misplace.
Detailed description, conditions: Fly in a coop mision, the rear position in the plane are not in the right place. In one sesion, the bug are in one plane, not in all. The error persist in the totality of the fly. Takeoff, nav, land and not affect the physical of the plane (or not in a significative way)

cLd7cLX.png?1

2Z7LKZX.png?1

Sistema operativo Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Versión 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Compilación 7601

Fabricante del sistema INTEL DH67BL__
Tipo de sistema PC basado en x64

Procesador Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 procesadores principales, 8 procesadores lógicos
Versión y fecha de BIOS Intel Corp. BLH6710H.86A.0146.2011.1222.1415, 22/12/2011
Versión de SMBIOS 2.7
Configuración regional España
Capa de abstracción de hardware Versión = "6.1.7601.17514"

Memoria física instalada (RAM) 16,0 GB
Memoria física total 16,0 GB
Memoria física disponible 13,4 GB
Memoria virtual total 31,9 GB
Memoria virtual disponible 27,6 GB
Espacio de archivo de paginación 16,0 GB
Archivo de paginación C:\pagefile.sys
Edited by ECV56_Diskey

Brief description: Weird Ghosting effect when looking around in cockpit or 3rd person.
Detailed description, conditions: See in Video
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 10 64bit, Catalyst 15.11.1, 2x 290x, 4770K

I fixed the issue by turning off SAAO, not sure if it a NVIDIA setting but if it is it should be default be turned off on AMD cards, in any case it breaks the experience.

Using HDR also breaks textures and AA on AMD cards.

Using HDR also breaks textures and AA on AMD cards.

I think HDR might be affected by the SSAO, I did test earlier and saw 100% it was affecting the textures but I had SSAO on at the time so HDR on it's own might not be negative.

Brief description:    

On Stalingrad Map. Water wells in the middle of the road.

Detailed description, conditions:

Wells are at Platonov, (Sector 380-kp9) and at Pobeda Oktyabrya, (Sector 341-kp2).

Tanks ram the well and sometimes blow up. Vehicles without armor ram the well. Always blow up.

post-33798-0-70572700-1449802443_thumb.jpg

Brief description:  grass bug
Detailed description, conditions: on plane move grass is changing position, flickering

Brief description:    

Ju87 Rear gunner missing

Random bug (probably similar to the Bf110) 

sometimes the rear gunner is not displayed in the rear compartment, and if you try to switch to the gunner seat, it's either heavily wounded or dead.

2015-12-23_00002.jpg

Brief description:    

wheel track remain

when you play a track, and the wheels leave a track - or the plane after belly landing - those tracks will remain there when you rewind the track.

Brief description:   Rockets remain even after the wings are torn off from crash landing on P-40.

Detailed description, conditions:  Damaged wing with rockets is broken off during crash landing, but the rocket models remain.

Brief description: Discrepancy between interior and exterior view in pilot head tracking system.

Detailed description, conditions: In the game there is a feature seen from the beginning(EA) in most aircraft that is the link between cockpit headtracking and external(pilot head) view. You can see an example here

Han was flight testing the BF109E7 on the ground. You can see how the pilot's head is moving at the same time that Han's moving the head(in the cockpit) to different directions to check the external surfaces of the aircraft.

These feature is not present on some aircrafts: FW190A3 and HE111H6. The feature was missing from the beginning on the FW190A3. I'm not sure about the HE111H6 but I guess the feature was there at some point in the EA and later disabled/bugged.

Additional assets: Here you can check the attached screenshots that clearly show this small bug. First is a picture from a working aircraft showing the feature. The second one is the FW190 example and the later, the issue compared to other medium bomber.

PC config data: N/A

post-20203-0-74165100-1451981179_thumb.jpg

post-20203-0-14848200-1451981183_thumb.jpg

post-20203-0-67366300-1451981185_thumb.jpg

Edited by peterla

Brief description: MiG-3 exterior 3d model and skin template.

1. MiG-3 lower cowling is modeled as a half cylinder that angles up about halfway to the nose. It should be flat on bottom and sides and shaped more like a trapezoid where it meets the fuselage at the wing roots. It slopes upward toward the nose and turns into a round shape very close to the spinner.
2. The three small air intakes under the chin need to be moved forward toward the spinner.
3. The oil coolers stick out too far to the sides and should not be curved when viewed from above or below the nose.

post-30291-0-70985000-1452788310_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-01459800-1452788306_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-58578600-1452788518_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-75579700-1452788604_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-61693300-1452788683_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-72164200-1452788743_thumb.jpg
post-30291-0-97100100-1452184231_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-26300800-1452184237_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-85859900-1452184240_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-34870000-1452184245_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-62993200-1452184247_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-87912800-1452184249_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-74694900-1452184251_thumb.jpg

4. The spinner is not pointed enough at the tip.
5. The starter tooth (comes with upgraded nose armaments) is too big, very low poly (you can get that in Il-2 '46), and has no teeth at all.
post-30291-0-48666700-1452184426_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-53236300-1452184436_thumb.jpg

6. The default skin has a mistake under the chin/lower cowling area. When viewed from below there is a distinct kink in the demarcation lines. Those lines should be straight. For skinners to correct this problem, it is necessary to carry the upper cowling color all the way to the bottom of the lower cowling line in the skin template as well as color the tabs that stick out around the wing root intakes. The default skin is a paint scheme more common on early MiG-3 models. The demarcation lines on the cowling should run into the wing root intakes to look as if meeting the lines on the wing leading edge. The demarcation lines on the fuselage sides between the wing and elevator should be straight and cut across the red star.
Also the propeller should be bare metal with only the back side of blades painted black.
post-30291-0-44973400-1452788308_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-98619500-1452184709_thumb.jpgpost-30291-0-58411900-1452184707_thumb.jpg

7. The small inert exhaust tubing has a small port to enter the cowling above the exhaust. You can see completely through the plane when you look at it.
post-30291-0-49461700-1452184816_thumb.jpg

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Reference photos in the next post. They will not fit here.

Edited by BorysVorobyov
  • Upvote 1

Brief description:  cockpit lighting wrongly affects exterior rain at night.

Detailed description: when cockpit light is switched on at night, exterior rain receives too much illumination from it. Attached images show same mission with cockpit lights on (left) and off (right). Navigation and landing lights are off in both images. Qick mission, La5, time = 22:00, summer map, preset High, AAx4, HDR off, SSAO off.

post-1184-0-83423200-1452973463_thumb.jpg post-1184-0-54347600-1452973487_thumb.jpg