II./JG77_Manu*

Il2 Battle of ___________ . Would you buy it?

Il2 Battle of ___________ . Would you buy it?  

388 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support another project from 1C/777, and if, how would you do it?

• Take my money! No matter what you have planned next, i'll support it.
    • I'll wait to see, what theatre of war it will be, and wait for early alpha,and first videos, to decide, if i buy it.
    • I'll wait for full release, and analyze (user made) gameplay tests and videos, to determine if it's worth it.
    • No, i lost faith in the current Dev team. Would not support them any further.

Well, I would not bring my hopes up, but my advice is to move on. This is a simple game, it is what it is . Fun for me and obviously not for you. @ Bongo.

What the ++++ make you the only person with integrity here, what human side you contain here showing us your integrity?

All I see is a patronizing attitude, 

I am pretty much fed up with getting fanboyism slapped in my face, Beggers cannot be choosers. I flown mine thousand hours in COD, probably over 100 000 in IL2 and about 200 in DCS.

If iI find some fun in this game, it is my choice, I am in no way less of a man than you. Personally I spendt a lot of money in games I do not play, I usually get over it and move on. There is no one but you to blame for buying it

edited by Bearcat Pls check PMs

This poll is not asking wether or not the money spend on BoS was worth it, just if people would buy the next installment/expansion of this series.

As of today, i would not be interested in an expansion. But who knows what the future will bring. And that doesn't mean that i regret buying BoS. I had fun, will probably still have lots of fun in the future, but i would not really care for another installment, if it would follow the same system and as long as options are as limited as they currently are (in multiple areas).

I paid for my ticket.

I'm sick of the fanboys, if you don't like listening to people that hold on to their self respect then do yourself a favour and jog on.

No joke, unlocks, XP and presets are arcade nonsense.

My answer was about this, I respect the fact that people simply do not like the game, the fact that they are disappointed , or thought it would be different, I did too. But that does not mean I am right. It simply just say I believed this would be different. we are all entitled to subjective opinions

#3 for me. I'll wait for the full release this next time, and spend a whole lot more time on the forums before spending a $100 for something as unfinished as this one is. If I had known about the Unlock system, or understood it better I would not have bought BoS, nor would I have spent the money on a game that has no mission editor or ability to host missions online for my friends. I am hopeful that these anomalies will work themselves out eventually because I really do like the graphics, FM and their attention to detail. The fantasy of what these developers could do with carrier operations in the Pacific is eye watering.

• Upvote 3

Myself and many others would fully support the Pacific Theater from start to finish. However a FMB, good cooperative type play system, IP host own sever is a must. Anything like an SEOW campaign building and recording type system would also be a great asset as there were at one time many self affiliated squads who enjoyed the immersion of squad vs squad campaigns, something that has been sorely missed for some time.

Personally, I'd be greatly interested if it were Pacific War allies (ANZAC and USN/USMC) vs. IJN/IJA.

Corsairs, 'cats of all stripe, Boomerangs, Wirraways, and P-38s vs. Oscars, Tonys, Zeros, and Georges. I'd be very interested. However, I'd only buy if the following were true:

1.) No unlocks. They're only detrimental.

2.) No presets.

3.) Just the RoF career mode. All that is really required for single player.

4.) FMB at some point.

RoF made me buy BoS without a second thought. If there was a next title, I would probably take my time to think it over before buying it after BoS. Don't get me wrong, I really like BoS, but it just doesn't sell the next title to me as RoF did.

• Upvote 1

Also unlocks are gouging and taking advantage of everyone. Not happy. No FMB is disappointing. I'm loving the sim and it's dynamics but after paying $100US dollars why do we have to pay more for addition loadouts ect. I'm not. I feel like I suckered my whole squadron and friends into a pyramid scheme. Not happy about that either.

hey guys, I'm not a moderator

but i'm really upset to see that you don't respect Bongodriver's opinion.

Just look at that:  Bongo's Posts: 3488

Bongo is here since the first first post or nearly.

and All i've read from him is respectable and interresting unfact i don't always aggree.

Don't anderstand how you can tell to such a respectable folk, to have a look outside this forum ?

:(  :o:  :ph34r:  :sorry:  :negative:

• Upvote 1

Probably won't buy anything else until the dev's address several things.

I won't go over what they are as it's been done to death already by all and sundry...

Also unlocks are gouging and taking advantage of everyone. Not happy. No FMB is disappointing. I'm loving the sim and it's dynamics but after paying $100US dollars why do we have to pay more for addition loadouts ect. I'm not. I feel like I suckered my whole squadron and friends into a pyramid scheme. Not happy about that either.

Eh? :huh:

I also used to be firmly in the "1" category, but now I would have to wait and see what happens with the campaign plans before buying in again.

I really miss the "Falcon 4.0" days with a campaign that was really dynamic.

hey guys, I'm not a moderator

but i'm really upset to see that you don't respect Bongodriver's opinion.

Just look at that:  Bongo's Posts: 3488

Bongo is here since the first first post or nearly.

and All i've read from him is respectable and interresting unfact i don't always aggree.

Don't anderstand how you can tell to such a respectable folk, to have a look outside this forum ?

:(  :o:  :ph34r:  :sorry:  :negative:

Because for the first time he was only patronizing he did not give a opinion, in other post he is to the point and are entitled every bit of feelings and opinions he like . And sometimes I agree with what he say, other times not, it does not make it wrong but that post was a bit over the top. 

I still respect him, I guess I lost my temper, and I guess he did, but if there where anyone not respected others opinion it was him

Edited by LuseKofte

I'll wait a bit..

I found the Oleg & Co. of the original IL2 very helpful and amenable to most user requests, and tried to satisfy most impossible requests.

At least Oleg tried to give us complete products, and made it user friendly as possible.

This later development, and in DCS sometimes, the management has got more 'militant' ( I suppose it is military aircraft :-) ) or autocratic.

There's a new 'need for greed' in the simulation genre and due to this, I'll stick to my old traditional way of purchasing...

Till then I'll wait

:-)

• Upvote 1

Because for the first time he was only patronizing he did not give a opinion, 

I think your first post to me fell into that category.

• Upvote 1

Yes, there is a famous biblical quote that applies very much in this place.

Something about screaming at walls in order to bring them down? Or was it about wandering for a very long time?

No, after the the annoying experience in RoF I gave 777 with BoS a second chance. This time it is a complete loss from the beginning. 777? Never again!

• Upvote 1

I think its time to move on and forget about this game, I have funded early under the impression given by the dev's, that the game would become a serious simulation as would be befitting for a IL 2 title, what did we get, an arcade oriented kiddy game that's an insult to a mature person having any interest in this genre, sorry people this is not the way to run a business, will I beta fund anymore games in the future I highly doubt it, your'e not only harming your own business, you also discourage potential investors to fund any future kickstart's.

Well done 777 and C1 I have bought all your simulation products in the past, there won't be any purchases anymore.

Good Luck

Edited by walter55

take my money! for all but pacific theater. I just don't like that part :)

Why? D: 

There needs to be another option:

"It depends on what steps the developer takes to improve some of the outstanding issues with BoS."

I support this position.

I think your first post to me fell into that category.

Well that remark just shows what side of the fence  your on, myself I am sitting on it. I think this drama is totally bullshit. So what you pay for the game. DEAL with it. I am not taking any sides. But I refuse being judge for my choice of fun by a total stranger. I was answering one individual and you are making a big deal of it.

Exactly what did I write to Bongo that was not called for, he is not exactly sensitive minded in his post, he should be able to get a response in the same way

In Q1 2015 we should get seasonal textures for Stalingrad map.Loft said they have them (kind of ready).As you may or may not know,main fighting period of Stalingrad battle was not the one we have now in game.19.11.1942-2.2.1943 was just the end of battle that raged from August 1942.It is all about aerial bridge on LW side and denying it for VVS side.

From August to mid November 1942 is where you have all great aerial clashes,bombing of city itself,intense city fighting.The time when pride of soviet regime has been turned into burning rubble.The time of great heroes as Lydia Lytviak and Michail Baranov.Maybe some additional planes like I16 or MiG3.

IMO devs should have started from Operation Barbarossa and follow history line onwards.Picking mid period with not much of airfighting itself was not a good choice.Same mistake they did with RoF strating with late 1917/early 1918.Then came a crossroads.Which way to go?Bacwards?Forwards?It was not possible to create sensible campaign as there were not enough AC to make one.Then they strated to add early plane here,late plane there....Took to much time to build them all and they lost momentum at the end.

Here we have unappealing winter campaign over Stalingrad,which should be in fact 6 messers in the air over Pitomnik and Gumrak against all VVS odds.Winter scenery does not add to appeal either.With little to no plans for future,just silence with some promise,that maybe at xmas time devs will step out of shadows and anounce what tomorrow brings.Not very encouraging for us.Thats why I do not wonder that so many people are resigning from the game.

Here we have unappealing winter campaign over Stalingrad,which should be in fact 6 messers in the air over Pitomnik and Gumrak against all VVS odds.

I have to disagree, the second stage of the battle was a good choice. During the summer/autumn Stalingrad campaign Luftwaffe had air superiority and the overall front was kind of static (fighting only in the city) - I don't really see how this would be any fun? The winter stage however is full of interesting events and possibilities for mission designers, such as:

- The counter-attack itself and constantly changing fronts with plenty of ground action and close air support possibilities

- Stalingrad pocket and the air supply ops! Can't wait for that Ju 52 to become flyable..

- Hazardous weather conditions

- Tatsinskaya raid

- Operation Winter Storm

- Operation Ring

- Operation Little Saturn

#3 for me. I'll wait for the full release this next time, and spend a whole lot more time on the forums before spending a $100 for something as unfinished as this one is. If I had known about the Unlock system, or understood it better I would not have bought BoS, nor would I have spent the money on a game that has no mission editor or ability to host missions online for my friends. I am hopeful that these anomalies will work themselves out eventually because I really do like the graphics, FM and their attention to detail. 

This

+1

I say take my money.

Otherwise, IL2 has no future and this genre of gaming slowly dies.

Ok !

I currently don't want earlier scenarios, as I'm a 'midwar' kind of fan, and the current timeline +6 month to a year would be great.

Mid-war is the most playable time-frame for on-line wars and co-ops in my view as well! East front is great with it's emphasis on ground operations, but I would not mind some Africa or Burma scenario to fly over either

Oh, and I'm in the "take my money"-crowd. I don't think we'll get what we have here anywhere else for the foreseeable future.

Edited by 79_vRAF_Friendly_flyer

Number 4 for me.

After much initial excitement I now feel that the team can go pound sand.

Still love RoF though! I hope one day the dens try to earn back or trust.

Voted 1.  Despite some reservations about certain aspects of the game design I know I would be interested in purchasing further expansions.

• Upvote 1

Voted 1.  Despite some reservations about certain aspects of the game design I know I would be interested in purchasing further expansions.

I think this too.

No doubt the next "Battle of" will have the bf110 and or the JU88 so I'm a cert to support it.