Hosting private and Online ?

We need to host our own missions and also private training etc etc..

The beauty of Multiplayers is the Online Competitions.

How can we ? 

Thank you.

Edited by GOZR
  • Upvote 4

I agree, we should can host our own game without using the dedicated server, like we have in RoF.

In my squadron, and others i know, we use our own online training mission. You can do it when you host your own game. You can't go on any server to do training. I can't thing going on Syndicate and do a training about HE111 and waste them, instead of doing the mission the server running. You can't wait on the runway and describe the plane to your teammate, because other want to take off, or the airfield is under attack.

• Upvote 7
Totally agree with Habu !

Server is great but for training purpose we should be able to host multiplayer on a single computer to fly with 3 or 4 friends and teach them the basics.

I can't take the new pilots directly in Syndicate or server like that because they are not ready for that ! (and because the mission is not training oriented.)

For example, at the beginning new pilots of my squads will have to train on their landing and for that I want a mission with only us , a beautiful weather and no wind.

It was possible on Il2 and Rise of Flight so I think it is possible to make it for BoS. 

Please dev' think about it  :salute:

• Upvote 2

+1 We like to bring our new guys up to speed in a private server not throw them in to the fire from the word go. I guess you could use the normal server EU/or US to train for landings and such but with new pilots buying the game it may have people on that wont care your training.

We wait to be able to make our own missions, syndicate is very well, but that remains recreation online. The escadrilles virtual French wait to be able to make progress their pilots. Our TEAM with integrated seven new pilots who come from War thunder and who want to learn how to fly on BOS in a historical and immersive way. There is no alternative we must have an editor of missions quickly and be able hoster our missions. We control the editor of RoF for a long time, but we do not form part of the window as multi-players like syndicate, we remain in MOD on.

To excuse me for my bad English.

http://foxforum.forumactif.com/

Edited by LAL_Wolf

I agree, we should can host our own game without using the dedicated server, like we have in RoF.

In my squadron, and others i know, we use our own online training mission. You can do it when you host your own game. You can't go on any server to do training. I can't thing going on Syndicate and do a training about HE111 and waste them, instead of doing the mission the server running. You can't wait on the runway and describe the plane to your teammate, because other want to take off, or the airfield is under attack.

+1 Same with my squad mates. 50% of the squad is simply waiting the Full Mission Builder AND our own server (C6 server like in ROF) to buy the game.....

;)

Edited by C6_Pips

+1

Thanks Habu

Thanks habu +10000

I can understand by reasons of development time that this feature wasnt implemented yet.

But leaving no word on the implementation of a "Listen Server" is rather contra productive in regards of reviews.

I know of PcGames is creating a small revewi for a next edition, the non present custom multiplayer feaure will be lightened there aswell.

I repeat myself, in saying the game is great in its basics, but got shot by stupid decisions at the end.

+1

Hear, hear...

• 1 month later...

Totally agree with Habu !

Server is great but for training purpose we should be able to host multiplayer on a single computer to fly with 3 or 4 friends and teach them the basics.

I can't take the new pilots directly in Syndicate or server like that because they are not ready for that ! (and because the mission is not training oriented.)
For example, at the beginning new pilots of my squads will have to train on their landing and for that I want a mission with only us , a beautiful weather and no wind.

It was possible on Il2 and Rise of Flight so I think it is possible to make it for BoS. 
Please dev' think about it  :salute:

Absolutely 110% agreed. This game MUST have the option to host listen servers for training and coop missions -- just like RoF and IL-2 1946. In fact, I can't see myself (or any of my friends who have this game) sticking with it unless we can fly private coop missions together. It's what made IL-2 1946 and RoF so appealing to us. PLEASE add this and realize that it's critical to the success of your game in the long term!

• 3 weeks later...

I would be surprised if that was not the case. If we could not do what has been mentioned above. I have been surprised before with this title.. but I think that the devs are listening to the past 3 months worth of chatter.. just because they are not talking much does not mean they do not hear. We shall surely see.

I am reserving all speculation and opinion on the online capabilities until they become available..

• 2 weeks later...