LittleJP

3 Monitor Support

Jason, here is another pilot, who hopes that the problem will be fixed by the devs soon. With each new update, I am hoping for an entry (multiscreen is now supported) in changelogs.. :banned:

Nvidia put the BoS profile into drivers, so please help us with multiscreen support. Thanks for this great game!

Edited by Tom25briklebritt

I don't have tripple monitorns, but a fellow squadmember used this trick with Nvidia

"Nvidia Surround" via Nvidia Control Panel.  Set the three monitorns to act as one...

startup.cfgr:
yourdrive:\....IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data

[KEY = graphics]
adapter = 0
desktop_center = 1
fps_limit = 60
full_height = 1024
full_width = 3840

fullscreen = 1
gamma = 1.00000
mgpu_compatible = 0
multisampling = 2
or_enable = 0
or_ipd = 1.00000
or_lens_offs = 1.00000
preset = 2
vsync = 1
win_height = 720
win_width = 1280
[END]

they are working on FOV

I don't know if this has been tried and described in another thread... don't even know if it works... but.. there ya go anyway

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk

Nvidia surround or Eyefinity is always needed to to work with tripple screens.

The answer why it works is probably the resolution. 3840x1024 seems to be the highest it can take.

When you are on full HD with 5760x1080 or even higher with bezel compensation 6040x1080, it does not work.

Before it was working up to 4800x900, but now even that is not working any more.

Manually changing the startup file does nothing else but the same that you set in the launcher.

Nvidia surround or Eyefinity is always needed to to work with tripple screens.

Or SoftTH and Triplehead2Go.

I recently just tried SoftTH for the first time after running regular Eyefinity for a number of years and I like the implementation much better. I will eventually do some frame rate comparison tests just to make sure it is worth it but so far, it seems to be a much better system.

Playing anything else until this is fixed. Sitting in my obutto statring at one screen just gets me mad. Feeling short changed

• Upvote 2

I Google translated this message from the Russian forum: 

Han

Posted 14 November 2014 - 1:41

Finn, on Nov 13 2014 - 23:37, said:snapback.png

and that everybody thought so, return the advanced graphics settings)))

no

Casual experience where users fine-grained control was available graphics settings for several days quite obviously showed us how we're right in that its position.

No chance.

Homophobes and chauvinists. IL-2: STALINGRAD project Manager 

I have a lot of patience for software developers. I have run a semi-sizable software development project, I know what it's like with bugs, problems and feature prioritization, I get that.

However, I can not find it in me to have patience for constant bad decisions that prevent us from fixing  the problems ourselves. That's completely bonkers and you can't possibly ask me to be patient about that. 

So FIX THIS NOW, since YOU made it YOUR problem in the first place. FIX IT.

Except maybe the off-center focus problem that may be unrelated to locked graphics.

Edited by AndyHill
  • Upvote 3

If that's true Andy,  I can't see it ever running with an acceptable fps on the larger three screen setups or the Oculus Rift.

I might as well uninstall BOS and just accept I wasted the money buying into this in the first place. :( 

• Upvote 1

That really sucks for you guys with three monitors, unbelievable.

This along with other design decisions is why I no longer play BOS for now. But, they say they know best right.

• Upvote 1

Uninstalling, add me to list of last  time purchaser of any software from these specific developers.  I enjoyed the  game with the thought that things would be fixed but over time the attitude of those representing the company in these forums made me sure I would never buy any of their products in the future.

• Upvote 1

Uninstalling, add me to list of last  time purchaser of any software from these specific developers.  I enjoyed the  game with the thought that things would be fixed but over time the attitude of those representing the company in these forums made me sure I would never buy any of their products in the future.

Can I have your stuff? I have a friend that would LOVE to play this sim but can not afford it right now.

• Upvote 1

Uninstalled until fixed, use my 100 bucks to buy some monitors.

Деинсталлировать, пока не зафиксировано, использовать мои 100 баксов, чтобы купить мониторы.

One of the main reasons I bought a triple monitor setup was to play this game. It frustrates me so much that this is not a priority for the developers. It's a fight sim for god's sake, the one game genre that really excels when you have peripheral vision.

When you refer to triple screen support does that mean that the menu/hud can be setup for the center screen? If that is to come to fruition then I will purchase.

Menus & stuff are currently on the edges and can't be adjusted. The real issue with triple screen at the moment is the lack of support for resolutions wider than 4096 pixels; if you go higher the image goes blurry and distorted.

Check out the new version (1.006). Now we just need the options to get the best possible performance out of the game.

PS. Does the sun glare look very big for the rest of you using wide resolutions? On my computer the Sun fills the screen with a blinding flame of terror in wide resolution whereas on a 16:9 screen it's merely slightly annoying.

• Upvote 1

Reinstalled after reading about possible fix....WORKS!

5880x1080

4770k & nVidia Titan

Happy to say it's working well and performance is better than expected at 5260x1600. Average fps is quite good, still some stuttering but seems resolution independent so not really related to triple screens. Anyways thanks for the fix, now please add custom graphic options back in And maybe I can get rid of the little stutter :)

I can't believe it!!

Several months waiting for this moment and when it is finally here, my pc is in a box because I am moving.

Well, at last it has been solved.

What about the decentered view issue? Has it been fixed too?

I can't wait to build my pc again on my new house. I think BOS will be the first game I will fire up.

I fully agree with the menu issue.

Triple screen should be used only for 3d works. Menus should be rendered only on central screen.

What kind of frame rates are you guys with trip monitors getting?  I have a Radeon R9 290 OC.  Would trips put me in chopville?

I have generally good frames at least on balanced, some mysterious slowdowns, though. I really wish we could adjust the settings with a bit more freedom.

Hmmm.... I see a lot of ranting here in this thread, but not much about how it has been fixed. 

For those who browse these forums and are NOT aware, this issue has been fixed.  It's not perfect - menus and maps are stretched - but if you have a triple monitor setup you probably notice MOST of your games will have this issue - it's not specific to BOS.

With a return to full native resolution support, as OLDrGoldleader has indicated above, the game now fully supports triple monitor resolutions in game, and it's beautiful. 

I'm posting this for the people who seem most upset about the previous issues the developer had encountered trying to get this feature to work properly - those that had indicated they felt "ripped off" or had uninstalled, ranted and raved at the dev team, etc...

Bugs need time to be fixed.  And hopefully if this was something that was holding you back from playing or purchasing this info might help you to make an informed decision.

• Upvote 2

It is true that the main problem is now fixed (I think there are still some issues with rendering specific effects such as the sun glare in very wide resolutions) and triple screen works now - which I think is mentioned pretty prominently in the the threads. There are quite a few of them, though, so if anyone finds one that hasn't been updated, it's probably best to do so.

The main frustration with the issue was not that bugs take time to fix (which they do) but rather the way the problem was created in the first place through removal of adjustable graphics options (which is a disliked feature in general). RoF suffers from the same issue, but it has never really been a problem because you can simply bypass it by removing post effects.

I'm running the game in 5760x1200 on two GTX Titans. Getting pretty low framerates, but most of the time above 60 at least (highest settings, no AA). 

Main issue is the HUD elements not being movable. Having everything on the far edges of the side monitors is a real bummer, and definately not what one would expect from a 2014 flight sim :(

I'm running the game in 5760x1200 on two GTX Titans. Getting pretty low framerates, but most of the time above 60 at least (highest settings, no AA). 

Main issue is the HUD elements not being movable. Having everything on the far edges of the side monitors is a real bummer, and definately not what one would expect from a 2014 flight sim :(

Me too - 2 x Titan Blacks. 3 screens @ 7680x1440 was unplayable. Also with Nvidia surround important icons always seem to fall on the bezels and the FOV is locked so it feels like you are peering through the slot of a letterbox. It is this aspect of the game that I find most disappointing after I dropped $6k on my 3 screen setup specifically for this sim.

I agree 100% with your assessment but have heard nothing from the dev team despite having logged several bug reports.

I do not have screenshot yet, but :

* menu and hud are centered BUT :

- Menu are offseted at the extreme of the screens. For example, the left menu is completly offset to your left screen border, same thing for the right menu .... it s completly pushed to the extreme right border

So it s little bit boring to turn your head full left to full right to navigate onto differents menu

* The He111 Bomber UI is correclty placed BUT :  

- The scope ''visor'' is too zoomed, so the upper round and the lower round are cropped. So you cannot see into the full scope

* Because it s one camera ''fished eye'', the left and right screens are streetched

EDIT: For me, it s not a big issue, you can play and having lot of fun with tripple monitor setup.

Edited by 5evcForza42

You mention "Triple head"  -does that mean that you are using the Matrox "Triplehead2g0" screen-splitter?

I have been using the Matrox screen-splitter from the beginning of early-access and it has always worked perfectly - and still does.

It runs on 4080x768 and I use 3x 23-inch monitors. Graphics are excellent  (GTX 590 card).

Same here, TH2G works great! Running 3840x1024 here will most settings on max, GTX 570

Still just as unusable as I remember from 2 years ago.

post-14505-0-77012900-1460447865_thumb.jpeg

post-14505-0-53867800-1460448198_thumb.jpeg

post-14505-0-09407900-1460448230_thumb.jpeg

post-14505-0-48627800-1460448266_thumb.jpeg