Photo

Rate it now .. as it is!

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate it as it it 21/10 unlocks and all! (527 member(s) have cast votes)

1-10

1. 1 (17 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

2. 2 (2 votes [0.38%])

Percentage of vote: 0.38%

3. 3 (16 votes [3.04%])

Percentage of vote: 3.04%

4. 4 (26 votes [4.93%])

Percentage of vote: 4.93%

5. 5 (46 votes [8.73%])

Percentage of vote: 8.73%

6. 6 (79 votes [14.99%])

Percentage of vote: 14.99%

7. 7 (107 votes [20.30%])

Percentage of vote: 20.30%

8. 8 (153 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

9. 9 (58 votes [11.01%])

Percentage of vote: 11.01%

10. 10 (23 votes [4.36%])

Percentage of vote: 4.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 1./TG1_Nil

1./TG1_Nil
  • Founder

Posted 04 September 2016 - 18:18

Guess the ones that rated it at a 1 aren't around anymore, So should almost delete/archive/lock this poll, and start a new one for the entire BoS/BoM 'package'. But as I haven't been flying, just reading and watching. I'm not the right man to start up a new one.. and this one were mainly for the pre-release of the BoS.

So Actually no new poll is really needed, as they both are released and 'live' by now, and could speak for themselves! I will continue buying all the stuff that is released, even if I will not be playing it on a daily basis. 

What is 1./TG1? Il2 BoX very first virtual Transport squadron! http://airlifter.wix...m/tg1airlifters Visit our DISCORD CHANNEL to fly with us!

B1Omr3.jpg

#162 PA-Sniv

PA-Sniv
  • Founder

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:44

Although not using VR, I updated my vote for all improvements made these last weeks (DX11, performances, FM, IA,...).

Still waiting for new improvements though (campaign, fuel management, radionav,...)! :)

Keep up the good work!

"We believe in nothing, Lebowski..."

#163 jeanba

jeanba
  • Founder

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:21

I rised it to 7, was 6 before because it is greatly improved

#164 216th_LuseKofte

216th_LuseKofte
  • Founder

Posted 19 April 2017 - 20:18

I deleted mine 6 and advanced it to 8, I do not fly it much, but it has advanced to # 1 WW2 CFS in my point of view, I probably rated it 9 if I had a VR.

In my point of view 8 is about the very best a game can be, 10 is a vision that is unrealistic. So I rate it 2 point more than I rate COD atm. witch is a improvement since I first rated it -1 against COD

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte, 19 April 2017 - 20:19.

49efc10c-c436-418c-9fbd-9cffdcfaff3d_zps

#165 II/JG17_HerrMurf

II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Founder

Posted 19 April 2017 - 23:02

New Poll, lock this one.

If the argument against expanding to the Western Front is simply the Luftwaffe was overwhelmed and defeated then there is absolutely no reason to ever go back to the late war Eastern Front either. 

Falcon NW Talon, Z97 Ranger, Intel i5 4670, 32 gb RAM, nVidia GTX 780ti, Hotas Warthog with 10cm extension, MFG Crosswind, Track ir5, 42" Sharp TV/Monitor 60 hrz, Self designed PVC center mount cockpit, PVC collective for DCS helicopters

#166 19//Moach

19//Moach

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:48

I gave it a 6, but meant it as a 6.5...

which means expectations are high, and lots of room exists for improvement....

the main area that needs attention is the state of the FMs throughout the many "generations" of aircraft in the game - going from one to another feels like they were made by completely different companies who didn't ever know of the existence of each other.... in multiplayer, this is tremendously frustrating, nigh on game-breaking, really

also, there is the issue of planes like the P40, which as a collector plane is expected MORE of, whereas it delivers substantially less... to such lengths as to even appear to have been "deliberately nerfed" (to quote various players) as if to prove a point - though that's (hopefully) not a true explanation to the shortcomings of this particular model, more likely the historical sources used by the devs were themselves at fault.

but this is expected to be significantly improved with the much anticipated FM revisions that have been announced - in fact, this is something of a pivotal point for many in how they feel about the future of the series.  the last few days I recall players openly deciding to abstain from this, in favour of alternative sims, "until the models are fixed".  

this has not been an isolated incident, as lately there have been a number of players who became so frustrated with the "FM issues" during MP that they finally broke and left (usually for Clod or DCS), leaving a sour note upon the remaining players, who were still trying their best to overcome/ignore the same issues and enjoy the game regardless...  

also it has to be brought up that cheating exists and albeit rare, there are a handful of players who have hacked the game and continue to do so in multiplayer, to the detriment of our small community. the presence of even one such player is enough to destroy an entire server and its reputation, very much ruining it for all others. yet the official stand on the matter is one of "proof required before action" (a notion which effectively exonerates every cheater in all games, since there's no such thing as getting a court warrant for a player's PC) - thankfully, this has been addressed by responsible server admins on at least part of the most popular servers. and that, effectively reduces the problem to a few isolated and thankfully short-lived incidents.

ideally, the game should be built with security features (protocol encryption, periodic memory checks, subscription to VAC and/or similar services) which would much more effectively eliminate the issue at its root, rather than depending on the willingness of community-minded server admins to accept and deal with the undesirable matter brought up in a case-by-case manner

in general, the game stands as a huge ball of potential in a somewhat rough state.  it is very promising to see proactive responses from developers who transparently communicate with players on a regular basis. this would increase my rating to a "potential 8" - yet the poll is about the game "as it stands", and in my understanding, does not include such a factor to its ratings

upon a full revision of FMs to a more homogenous, MP-friendly, and less self-contradicting state (and some specific attention to a particular Cutiss made aircraft), this rating would be increased to a well deserved 9.5 - with only small bugs and petty nuisances to keep it short of redefining the scales with a glorious 11

Edited by 19//Moach, 20 April 2017 - 22:45.

This reminds me of the time when I once had built a Time Machine...  uh, no wait - that hasn't happened yet

#167 Space_Ghost

Space_Ghost
  • Founder

Posted 21 April 2017 - 13:22

Revised to 9/10.

"Stop pulling so hard. You don't have to get someone under the gunsight right this second to win the fight." - Go_Pre

6700K @ 4.7GHz - GTX1080 @ 2.1GHz (11000MHz mem clock) - 16GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz - Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) - Dell S2716DG (1440p, G-Sync)

#168 Martijnvdm

Martijnvdm
  • Founder

Posted 21 April 2017 - 13:30

At the moment i would say a solid 8. I'm torn between the fact that for a true MP the game is very fleshed out and easily a 8,5 or maybe even a 9. But for SP it will have to wait for the careermode to give a true solid 8,5 or 9. And with a solid 8 a mean very good. Not a Metacritic 8, which means it's a little better than rubbish....

Grt M

Edited by Martijnvdm, 21 April 2017 - 13:31.

I7 4790K@4.7 GHz, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X, Dell S2716DG, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Windows 10 64

#169 CanadaOne

CanadaOne

Posted 22 April 2017 - 13:19

I would have have hit 9 in heartbeat except for - in my view - two glaring weaknesses: a weak QMB and an all but unusable Mission Editor.

This is an excellent sim in so many ways, but to me it is inconceivable that the Mission Editor exists in the form it does. That it is overly (unnecessarily) complicated is one thing, that it is outside the game is another, but both together is ridiculous. The Mission Editor should function like the one in IL2-46. Building missions in IL2-46 was fun and fast and really opened up the sim. The Mission Editor in BOS is like doing homework on Sunday night when you were a kid. It's like the guy who designed it didn't want you to use it, or at least didn't care of you did.

As for the QMB, it's anemic and unimaginative.

bos_gold_en_zpstc2bz64s.pngbom_gold_en_zpsrkhiedcv.png

#170 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5
  • Founder

Posted 22 April 2017 - 14:50

Raised from 7 to 8

51rrc8.jpg  P3u0DtN.jpg

#171 DD_Arthur

DD_Arthur
  • Founder

Posted 22 April 2017 - 16:10

I would have have hit 9 in heartbeat except for - in my view - two glaring weaknesses: a weak QMB and an all but unusable Mission Editor.

Yeah.  I broadly agree with you.  The QMB? Compared to the one in IL2 1946 it's.....lacking.   I use the campaign generator for amusement.  If you forget about the word "campaign" then it becomes a really interesng random mission generator.  I'm hoping that one day it can be given a true online function and become a random coop generator.

youtube.com/watch?v=_u3y8606JB8

The Mission Editor is an adaption of the one in RoF and is infact a dev development tool.  It's a very capable bit of kit, especially if you're a brain surgeon or rocket scientist looking for a hobby! :salute:

#172 CanadaOne

CanadaOne

Posted 23 April 2017 - 13:17

Yeah.  I broadly agree with you.  The QMB? Compared to the one in IL2 1946 it's.....lacking.   I use the campaign generator for amusement.  If you forget about the word "campaign" then it becomes a really interesng random mission generator.  I'm hoping that one day it can be given a true online function and become a random coop generator.

https://www.youtube....h?v=_u3y8606JB8

The Mission Editor is an adaption of the one in RoF and is infact a dev development tool.  It's a very capable bit of kit, especially if you're a brain surgeon or rocket scientist looking for a hobby! :salute:

Amen.

The ridiculousness of the Mission Editor is why I don't fly RoF much at all. If it had an IL2-46 ME, you could have a riot building great missions. Alas, it is not the case. I find it hard to believe that this sim, really excellent in so many ways, might go on this way with a Mission Editor that might as well not be included with the sim. It's like they don't want people building missions and scenery.

In IL2-46, you can create a busy airfield, static planes, planes taking off, others flying cover, tanks and vehicle convoys rolling around, heavy flak, and put it all together in minutes... and then attack it. And then refine the mission in two-minutes and fly it again. I've built hundreds and hundreds of scenarios, sometimes just really elaborate airfields and scenery to fly around and admire.

In this sim, with this "mission editor", it's possible I won't build even one. The ME in BOS is pretty much a tit on a bull, and that is a shame.

bos_gold_en_zpstc2bz64s.pngbom_gold_en_zpsrkhiedcv.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users