Photo

Rate it now .. as it is!

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate it as it it 21/10 unlocks and all! (527 member(s) have cast votes)

1-10

1. 1 (17 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

2. 2 (2 votes [0.38%])

Percentage of vote: 0.38%

3. 3 (16 votes [3.04%])

Percentage of vote: 3.04%

4. 4 (26 votes [4.93%])

Percentage of vote: 4.93%

5. 5 (46 votes [8.73%])

Percentage of vote: 8.73%

6. 6 (79 votes [14.99%])

Percentage of vote: 14.99%

7. 7 (107 votes [20.30%])

Percentage of vote: 20.30%

8. 8 (153 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

9. 9 (58 votes [11.01%])

Percentage of vote: 11.01%

10. 10 (23 votes [4.36%])

Percentage of vote: 4.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 1./TG1_Nil

1./TG1_Nil
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:16

Just a test.. but please participate

Edited by Pigmachine, 21 October 2014 - 01:20.

What is 1./TG1? Il2 BoX very first virtual Transport squadron! http://airlifter.wix...m/tg1airlifters Visit our DISCORD CHANNEL to fly with us!

B1Omr3.jpg

#2 I./ZG1_Wittman

I./ZG1_Wittman
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:24

1=bad, 10=good?

S9_WH.png

Check Six!

#3 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:47

I voted 7 for how it is 'right now'. I'm sure there will be many improvements. My main issues at this time are terrible performance on the ground, bad frames also around furballs, those unlocks, aa around objects and clouds and finally graphical presets.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy and look forward to what is coming down the road.

thesyndicatesquadron3.jpg

#4 SYN_Ricky

SYN_Ricky
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:28

Voted 7 too, as I did on metacritic before they deleted the votes. Still quite a few things to be improved (clouds/AA) and also not very happy about unlocks in MP. I also would see more historical veracity and immersion factors in campaign.

For the rest, pretty solid and well working sim. Hope it will succeed and see many further developments.

#5 Matt

Matt
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:20

It's basically a 7.5 for me, but since the devs have been kicking out nice updates the past few days, i voted 8.

Would at least be 9.5 with custom graphic options, custom skins, FMB, without unlocks (in MP and QMB at least) and with some improvements of the campaign mode.

i5-4670k - GTX 970 - 8GB DDR3 - Windows 10 - VKB Gladiator Pro + Warthog grip - TM Warthog throttle - VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV - PC360 - TrackIR5 - Monster Tech table mounts

#6 Benek

Benek
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:21

1 - total crap IMHO especially from MP point of view. Something like VEF is not going to happen in this sim. 

me109bnks.jpg

I bet I quit gambling.

#7 BFsSmurfy

BFsSmurfy
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:22

I`m with Jed pretty much, voted 6 due to the last 3 weeks of forum activity which has been less than encouraging to me.

When the monkey is grinding the organ you know you`re bolloxed

#8 Reflected

Reflected
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:38

It's basically a 7.5 for me, but since the devs have been kicking out nice updates the past few days, i voted 8.

Would at least be 9.5 with custom graphic options, custom skins, FMB, without unlocks (in MP and QMB at least) and with some improvements of the campaign mode.

I totally share Matt's opinion, especially the campaign improvements.

"Courage is our leader, Luck is our wingman" // "Vezérünk a bátorság, kísérőnk a szerencse"

http://facebook.com/greggalemusic

#9 MiG21bisFishbedL

MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:09

It's a solid and great sim, but the unlocks do all sorts of bad for the overall experience.
RIP BOS

#10 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:29

I took off a point for unlocks and a half point for no custom video settings. This is applied to an otherwise 9.5 sim. Thus for me an 8.
Intel i5 6600K (skylake) @4.0ghz, , 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-2800 [/size]ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX [/size]ASRock fatal1ty z170 mobo Windows 10 home

#11 SpiritOFlight

SpiritOFlight
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:37

I am more confused about this article:

http://www.gamerhead...evs-metacritic/

:scratch_one-s_head:

"... Dominance dissolves into attitude. Superiority reveals intentions. Self-confident commitment is bondage. Truly, a moment of truth. However, it is "Spirit" the choreograph of life and death. Majesty becomes weakness. Vulnerability becomes strength ..."

#12 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 14:15

I wouldn't worry about it. The Agenda driven ragers are trying their level best to destroy the reputation of this game on whatever social platform they can find to listen to them. This is obviously the latest in line.

thesyndicatesquadron3.jpg

#13 I./ZG1_Wittman

I./ZG1_Wittman
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:20

I gave it a five because of no FMB and generic single player. Give us the FMB or a single player campaign of Desastersoft calibre and my rating will go up to 8. Give us coop campaigns and I give it a 9.

S9_WH.png

Check Six!

#14 jeanba

jeanba
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:29

Rated _ :

10-1 for unlocks -1 for no customized difficulty in sp campaigns

#15 sallee

sallee
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:34

I wouldn't worry about it. The Agenda driven ragers are trying their level best to destroy the reputation of this game on whatever social platform they can find to listen to them. This is obviously the latest in line.

Indeed. Then the world will realise that all who cross them will be crushed.... :wacko:

I give it an 8 but with more absorbing campaign and no unlocks or less obtrusive ones it would be 16.

#16 II/JG17_HerrMurf

II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:39

I'm an MP guy so it's a solid 8. If I was an SP guy it'd be a 6 or 7. Fix the XP issue and I'd move it up a full point for both. Implement FMB and Feathered's campaign 10/10.

If the argument against expanding to the Western Front is simply the Luftwaffe was overwhelmed and defeated then there is absolutely no reason to ever go back to the late war Eastern Front either. 

Falcon NW Talon, Z97 Ranger, Intel i5 4670, 32 gb RAM, nVidia GTX 780ti, Hotas Warthog with 10cm extension, MFG Crosswind, Track ir5, 42" Sharp TV/Monitor 60 hrz, Self designed PVC center mount cockpit, PVC collective for DCS helicopters

#17 LLv34_Flanker

LLv34_Flanker
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:46

S!

7 as for now. Lot of grammatical and typing errors, missing proper briefings, route planning in missions as well as engagement altitudes for bombers, AI issues from not following orders to going gung-ho in a situation he would avoid combat or get home, unlocks and the XP thing in general, campaign nothing but an advanced quick mission builder without any immersion or attachment, lack of graphics options, sound issues, graphical issues detracting from otherwise great visuals. Those are the negatives reducing the score.

Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, Intel i7 6700K 4.00GHz, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP Edition 8Gb, ASUS Z170-WS motherboard, Kingston HyperX Predator 3200MHz 16Gb DDR4, ASUS Xonar sound, AOC AG271QG 27" 165Hz GSync display, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb M.2 SSD x 2, ASUS Sica gaming mouse, Logitech G105 keyboard; Stick, throttle and pedals pending.  

#18 Anw.StG2_Auva

Anw.StG2_Auva
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:47

4/10 because it has nothing exceptional.

Graphics: Is okay for 2014, could be better some textures in the cockpits are horrible and without sweet fx its just looking bad.

Technical Background/Flight models: Yeah I expect this from a flight simulation in 2014 that their FM/DM are the newest iteration possible done so nothing special, even some bad points regarded to the unbelievable flying behaviour of the Yak-1 with a phenomenal energy retention and the IL2 which is still controlable with 20 km/h. Furthermore: Cherry Picking from the Devs.

Campaign/SP: Worst Single Player I have ever played, nearly on the same level like Silent Hunter 2, but atleast their missions hade some story background. They were scriptet but had somewhat atmosphere. Here the Campaign is the worst thing I've ever flown in my live. Oh and Unlocks...

Multiplayer: Great potential but nothing great delivered yet/it has to be delivered from the community so yeah only plus is it is stable... oh and Skin-System is horrible bad.

#19 6./ZG26_5tuka

6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:23

7/10 in my case, was very close giving 6 though.

Graphics, sound and FMs match the 8/10 - they're quite good and enjoyable with some exceptions (engine sounds, Bf109 FM, VVS FMs, ect)

Campaign is more a pain than gain to me, therefore dropping the score....so does predefiened graphic settings. My rig isn't the most powerfull and I need to rely on custom settings for any game to get proper FPS out of it.

In BoS I have to live with balanced settings knowing I could definetly get more out of it, which is disappointing.

If we had to vote development in addition, especially the recent occasions, my vote didn't exeed 5. But as we're voting the game itself, not what might or might not happen, 7 seems more than solid to me.

Edited by [Jg26]5tuka, 21 October 2014 - 17:24.

YdcExnd.jpg                                                                                      Ju 87 D-3 4K Skin Template        - Released                                                    

Ju-52 Early Supporter                                                                                                         Ju 52/3m g4 4K Skin Template   - Released

#20 FuriousMeow

FuriousMeow
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:26

8 - unlocks are my only gripe, aside from the loss of one MP server because that was the template MP servers should be using. Considering what was being done there, wars would have been amazing and will be but it will take time due to the aforementioned unlocks.

I'm a paid shill according to some SimHQ Mensa candidates.

#21 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:34

8/10

planka_blue.png

#22 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:37

FMB is coming. They have said recently that they are working on it now.
Intel i5 6600K (skylake) @4.0ghz, , 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-2800 [/size]ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX [/size]ASRock fatal1ty z170 mobo Windows 10 home

#23 Baldric

Baldric
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:46

I handed it an 8 as it stands (took points off for being unable to customize settings in the campaign, the unlocks affecting MP/co-op MP, and currently being unable to add my sqd tag to my ingame name lol). 

piloting in IL2 BOS, IL2 CloD, IL2 1946, DCS, RoF, WOFF, FSX/P3D...Run 8 Engineer

#24 JtD

JtD
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:55

Voted 4, biggest drawbacks for me are poor interface, lack of FMB and no custom difficulties in campaign. I can't create a decent MP server, nor can I play an enjoyable SP campaign. I see a potentially good game that currently offers nothing.

Edited by JtD, 21 October 2014 - 17:55.

Facts are the best defence against the experts.

#25 Sparrer

Sparrer
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 19:56

S!

Can't be more by now

#26 Trooper117

Trooper117
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:29

5 I'm afraid... mainly because the Campaign is not a campaign. No real immersion. Just a series of disjointed missions.

Next is the unlock system... ludicrous in a 'Legendary' flight sim.

The good points:

1. Great graphics
2. Effects are good.
3. Missions are sometimes repetitive, but there are some cracking good ones on occasion.
4. Despite the usual moans from the 'experten', I enjoy the feeling of flight.

With the experience of IL2 and RoF behind the two teams, I certainly didn't expect the design choices that they have come up with.

#27 dburne

dburne
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:55

I am not going to rate it, until it is a released product to be fair.

Once released, I will gladly review/rate it as I see it.

Don

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K @ 4.50 GHZ | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair H100i | 2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD |TM Warthog+7.5cm Extension by Sahaj | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Oculus Rift | Windows 10 64 Bit |

#28 FuriousMeow

FuriousMeow
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:28

Some of you are giving the same review values as CLoD's release, that is how terribly worthless this poll and many of the reviews from individuals are because they aren't neutral. CloD at release was given 4s and 5s - and it rightfully deserved 1s and 2s.

Edited by FuriousMeow, 21 October 2014 - 21:28.

I'm a paid shill according to some SimHQ Mensa candidates.

#29 =LD=Hethwill_Khan

=LD=Hethwill_Khan
  • Founder

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:58

Oddball Eight 

- Highly playable and true credible flight mechanics

- Very detailed world and attentive to air combat immersion 

- Great damage mechanics

- Great MP potential

- Interesting SP

- Decent Campaign

- Missing Custom graphics options

- Missing Community tools: DServer

- Missing Community tools: FMB

Out of the top of my head it is that.

#30 Sim

Sim
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:25

A solid 10 around 3 weeks ago.

-3 for unlocks and campaign.

+1 future prospects.

= 8

#31 Y-29.Silky

Y-29.Silky
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:18

4/10 because it has nothing exceptional.

Graphics: Is okay for 2014, could be better some textures in the cockpits are horrible and without sweet fx its just looking bad.

Technical Background/Flight models: Yeah I expect this from a flight simulation in 2014 that their FM/DM are the newest iteration possible done so nothing special, even some bad points regarded to the unbelievable flying behaviour of the Yak-1 with a phenomenal energy retention and the IL2 which is still controlable with 20 km/h. Furthermore: Cherry Picking from the Devs.

Multiplayer: Great potential but nothing great delivered yet/it has to be delivered from the community so yeah only plus is it is stable... oh and Skin-System is horrible bad.

Horrible graphics and textures, bad flight models, what game are you comparing this too? Because that would be one game I would spend over 99 dollars for..

Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you.

#32 Anw.StG2_Auva

Anw.StG2_Auva
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:44

Horrible graphics and textures, bad flight models, what game are you comparing this too? Because that would be one game I would spend over 99 dollars for..

Well, I never stated horrible graphics, but come on the Graphics are not that outstanding when I compare them to other games from other genres. They are okay, and some textures are not that nice for example in the VVS Planes the cockpit interior wall its all a low res texture.

Never said bad flight models, I just said that what most people here are pushing into heaven is something I expect from a game in the year 2014. And I gave you examples of what is wrong in some kind of the FM and that there is a lot do work on. Look at the Damage-Model topic recently started...

Funnily, I don't compare this game to another game. I never compare games when I have to say my opinion about them because it is in my opinion wrong to compare games to say some is better than others. Look how many people are comparing Call of Duty with Battlefield and are bitchfighting about their opinions one does this better and one does that better. That leads only to bitchfithing.

In my opinion every game has to match my expectations and has to prove that Iam satisfied with the product. And I'am sorry to say that but IL-2 BoS does nothing outstandingly great in my opinion.

Am I harsh and have a too high level of expectations? Yes sure I have and Iam but the great thing is, you doesn't have to care about what I think and what I write as long as I say it is my opinion.

Oh and a game which would be a 8/10 in my opinion, I would spend like 200-300 US$ on it. Because I have some great design elements in mind which would bring the Flight Simulation Games really on a new evolution step.

#33 12.OIAE_Stick-95

12.OIAE_Stick-95
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:45

As I see it currently.

10 - Potential Total Score

-2 - Unlock system.  I see this as a negative to the overall game which should not be overlooked and will effect reviews upon release.

-1 - Lack of some sort of quick mission generator for mp.

-2 - Current sp campaign.  Should be similar to ROF, i.e., career based, squadron, rank, medals, etc  (If this is the largest segment of their customer base, I think they missed the mark).

+1 - Overall quality of the game, i.e., flight/damage models, graphic quality, effects, ground details, etc.  Better than anticipated.

+1 - Growth potential.  Enough structural flexibility to allow third parties to take this to another level, both for sp and mp.

7 - Current Score

It's only a game...  It's only a game...  It's only a... damn it.

New system 08/16 - i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, GTX1070SC ACX 3.0 8GB, 16GB DDR4 3000MHz, ASUS Z170-A ATX mobo, Windows 10

30284612591_3787866a3c_m.jpg   PACIFIC THEATER  29752931474_6ac9ec5dd3_m.jpg

#34 1./TG1_Nil

1./TG1_Nil
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:47

Finally back in business! After a little self-caused 'vacation'..
I wish I had included the .5's to the poll, as I first voted 7.. and then an eight.. but really want to put it on 7.5.
Without the time-wasting unlock system it would've even gotten an 8.5.
Even thou I spout a lot of negativity lately, it's a really solid base to build on, but I think they are aiming at the wrong crowd.
And repeatedly changed direction, if we would've been informed about the unlock-systems extent (QM and MP) and even believed that they actually would add it in the first place, I think we would've voiced out opinions a lot earlier.
And first wipe of unlocks, now you get to keep them!?, so the new people have even a greater disadvantage, (aside from the 1 year disadvantage) when they are trying to taxi the plane to the runway, they get a nice unlocked 2500kg bomb in their seat.

I have on the other hand changed my bitterness about the forced campaign, and now see it as a .. kind of flight school, that I guess some will have use and/or need of, even if they don't admit it (mainly the newer crowd (that hopefully come at launch)) .. I still don't like to be forced, or play in-game minigames in a sim.

Edited by Pigmachine, 22 October 2014 - 11:48.

What is 1./TG1? Il2 BoX very first virtual Transport squadron! http://airlifter.wix...m/tg1airlifters Visit our DISCORD CHANNEL to fly with us!

B1Omr3.jpg

#35 1./TG1_Nil

1./TG1_Nil
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:21

Thanks to the 102 that participated, and those who stated why they will not do so.
Didn't know that the release were so imminent when I started this poll, but I guess we got a pretty decent picture of how it will look at the user ratings.
I stated already a long time ago that I already got value for the 100$ I payed for it, and still stand by it.

Lets just hope it will be a success enough to be able to haul out new planes and theaters for years to come. :salute:

(I myself can't really understand the 1-3 votes, as it's the most solid release of a flightsim in a long time, unlocks and all, but on the other hand I wouldn't even rate WT a 1, and that might sound silly to some)

B1Omr3.jpg

#36 -NW-ChiefRedCloud

-NW-ChiefRedCloud
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:25

I voted 7 ...... they'll be squishing bugs still for awhile and making improvements but it works ....

Chief

NEtALER.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#37 CPSWolff

CPSWolff
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 20:39

For over 10 years people have been playing IL2 coop. My group now has over 600 missions in our library and fly every night. This lack of coop in this game is a hugh loss for us and several have decided to drop BOS for that reason. Such a shame for a game with such great potential.

#38 Trooper117

Trooper117
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:25

Give it time... maybe things will change.

#39 II/JG17_HerrMurf

II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:34

Once the DSERV/FMB is up, coops will be created (by the community). It has been stated several times coops can be done with the digital nature engine. They just aren't labeled, "coop."

No DSERV yet so no coop yet. Give it a few weeks.

If the argument against expanding to the Western Front is simply the Luftwaffe was overwhelmed and defeated then there is absolutely no reason to ever go back to the late war Eastern Front either. 

Falcon NW Talon, Z97 Ranger, Intel i5 4670, 32 gb RAM, nVidia GTX 780ti, Hotas Warthog with 10cm extension, MFG Crosswind, Track ir5, 42" Sharp TV/Monitor 60 hrz, Self designed PVC center mount cockpit, PVC collective for DCS helicopters

#40 Trooper117

Trooper117
  • Founder

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:53

It's released... DOH!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users