TX-Zigrat

Graphic Options poll

Graphic Presets  

518 members have voted

1. 1. Which method of graphic options do you prefer

• Presets only (current BOS paradigm)
    • Customization (similar to ROF) with option for presets if desired

S!

Even on my son's PlayStation4 game Minecraft you can change some graphical settings :P

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 3

A big let down to be honest , I can't find any reasonable excuse to limit graphical options.

SSAO in this game looks awful, from the very first day of early access I hated it. Jason  stated some time ago , that they are not as dense as some might think, I would like to believe that. Please listen to your community , guys who supported you from day one. 

Never said you did like presets. Your post was nitpicking at details that have little bearing on the OP poll. Any Simmer that had owned at least one Flight Sim would want a Custom Graphics Setting Option(OK, 99%). You posted for reaction, you got mine. Yep it was a rant, not directed at you completely, just your share. The feelings of frustration are broad right now (newbs,hardcore,devs), but this could pretty much go away with a few simple positive and constructive decisions. For the life of me, I cannot understand how 1c/777 could let BOS get to this point. Bandy, I have a life. I would just like to receive the game I EA purchased, open to use in its entire form,(which it was until 3 weeks ago) not restricted to protect me from myself. I am pretty sure I am not alone on this, but maybe we should start another pole to find out if BOS customers would like BOS better if it was before 3 weeks ago? Oh wait, if we put Jasons' pole together with this one you have those results already. 76% & 95% of who wanted to vote, would like Bos opened up to Customer adjustment as it was before the lockdown installed 3 weeks ago. It's just a matter of if 1C/777 wants to keep BOS the way they think is best or if they want to take into consideration the way a majority of their Customers actually would like to use BOS. It has always been this simple, I just wish they would make a final decision as to which way they are going so I can decide whether to keep or sell BOS.

S!Blade<><

Ya see, if I was a developer and a poll was placed to garner feedback from the community and barely 5% of that community bothered to vote I would assume that it wasn't such a big deal. Granted 95% of us that did vote don't like presets but my point is that this poll won't give the Devs the shock that we hope it might. They will look at their thousands of customers accounts and conclude that a couple of hundred of us only really care enough to vote.

Like you say, polls haven't changed anything thus far, but let's wait and see. I reckon deep down there may be a solution to this in some form down the line.

Edited by SYN_Jedders

Ya see, if I was a developer and a poll was placed to garner feedback from the community and barely 5% of that community bothered to vote I would assume that it wasn't such a big deal. Granted 95% of us that did vote don't like presets but my point is that this poll won't give the Devs the shock that we hope it might. They will look at their thousands of customers accounts and conclude that a couple of hundred of us only really care enough to vote.

Like you say, polls haven't changed anything thus far, but let's wait and see. I reckon deep down there may be a solution to this in some form down the line.

I earnestly hope you are correct Sir.  What does it say when only 5% of Customers come here and vote? My Step Mother(a great Woman, God rest her soul) told me when I was a teen, and knew everything there was to know about life, " If you want to get out of a hole, stop digging, put down the shovel and start climbing."  I  dug many holes in my early life, unfortunately still do here and there even at my age,  and this advise has always served me well in RL and Blessed me with a fond memory of her and her common sense Wisdom.

S!Blade<><

Yes! This needs to be addressed. Such a stupid choice to force people into presets and not supply options. 

It's fine to have presets available, but please put a small obscure "Advanced Graphics Options" button there somewhere too for those of us who wants to fine tune for best possible FPS vs Visuals / taste as we can!

today i got so pissed with my performance on low settings, i opened support ticket and asked for graphic settings or refund basically. cant run the ugliest looking thing properly while i am well above min specs, there must be so much crap turned on it bogs down the whole thing.

lets see what they write back.

Guys, unfortunately they  have already answered this in another thread, they are not going to allow custom graphic options only presets.

Hope that's not the case. They're intentionally making the game look worse than it can look with this daft approach of forcing a badly implemented SSAO on for anybody who wants to play at high graphical settings. Unless this changes I'm not going to be purchasing anything more from this series. 

it's 341:13 in favour of custom graphic presets. That is a conclusive representative sample.

We're not asking for console command line hacks here. Just more advanced options changeable in the game UI. The current system prevents feeding values in through an ini file already so there cannot be any reason for this not to happen in the future.

I realize time and money are an issue but if the answer is no/never, that is severely disappointing. If modding was allowed it would be something else because the community can do it. But the current stance on this issue is inexplicable.

Well, its one of two scenarios:

1/ They have some sound development reasons for not allowing us to have graphic options above what we already have, or;

2/ They have no reason not to release more options but are choosing not to so as to annoy/alienate their customer base.

I think its probably more like option #1. Not a fan of the choice but I will learn to live with it.

But the issue is a custom option was available in the game just before release.

SD

Well, its one of two scenarios:

1/ They have some sound development reasons for not allowing us to have graphic options above what we already have, or;

2/ They have no reason not to release more options but are choosing not to so as to annoy/alienate their customer base.

I think its probably more like option #1. Not a fan of the choice but I will learn to live with it.

It could well be that you are right about point 1.) 

But it was never actually said by the devs.  The only thing I can find is that they're not planning to implement them.  Which is very strange - it points to an arbitrary decision and makes players perceive it as point 2.) of your post.

That is the worry

+ what soupdragon said.

:salute:

It could well be that you are right about point 1.) 

But it was never actually said by the devs.  The only thing I can find is that they're not planning to implement them.  Which is very strange - it points to an arbitrary decision and makes players perceive it as point 2.) of your post.

I thought I had posted this here, must have been another thread.

This is the response from the developer when questioned on this in the Steam forum:

<<<Originally posted by weptalo:

Have you purchased a flight sim or a graphical settings trainer? I believe it's a sim, and presets only save you loads of time so you don't have to dance around the options menu. There's a certain way that we want the game to look like, and we put it into presets.>>>

That's the only explanation that actually supports all the other actions they've taken.

You could easily use the "There's a certain way that we want..." for some other features aswell. Unfortunately, i didn't spend money on this only to use it in their certain way.

Will probably be the same with future features (skins being one of those).

I thought I had posted this here, must have been another thread.

This is the response from the developer when questioned on this in the Steam forum:

<<<Originally posted by weptalo:

Have you purchased a flight sim or a graphical settings trainer? I believe it's a sim, and presets only save you loads of time so you don't have to dance around the options menu. There's a certain way that we want the game to look like, and we put it into presets.>>>

wow. that is.... no words for it.

Why didn't the game come with pre-bound keys after all we didn't purchase a key binding trainer right? 

Apparently we are 6 years old and we don't have a PC we have a console. 

That's the only explanation that actually supports all the other actions they've taken.

You could easily use the "There's a certain way that we want..." for some other features aswell. Unfortunately, i didn't spend money on this only to use it in their certain way.

Will probably be the same with future features (skins being one of those).

I think this presets decision, among others such as why the campaign is so drastically different than RoF's, interface changes, map, skins,  etc., are directly related to their RoF development and experience there. In this case of presets they are probably wanting to minimise/avoid any customer support tickets and complaints due to graphical technical issues. Remember that in RoF there were no presets and everything was customisable, so they probably got a lot of emails about how to use these settings if someone's game is running slow or whatever. The problem with what we have now in BoS is that although they took a fair course of action in providing presets, by removing the custom option that every gamer, let alone simmer, is familiar with this overall response when implementing presets only has been made too extreme as a result. I really dislike having presets without having a customisable option to go with it. Everyone has different tastes and preferences in how things should look, but in particular there are no competitive advantages gained in having a custom option because of how the DN engine works to render targets. 

If RoF wasn't as successful as they believed it should have been, it wasn't because of the program and design itself, but because of the WWI theater which simply doesn't have large appeal, and this is an important factor I don't believe the devs gave enough (or any) weight when they made design decisions such as these presets in BoS.

• Upvote 1

Just make an option to disable motion blur and lens flare, PLEASE! It's awful, I have to run it at "Low" just to get rid of these disgusting effects (and partially due to FPS on some occasions but... :P)!

ESPECIALLY motion blur, please let me disable these while keeping the other settings!

Just make an option to disable motion blur and lens flare, PLEASE! It's awful, I have to run it at "Low" just to get rid of these disgusting effects (and partially due to FPS on some occasions but... :P)!

ESPECIALLY motion blur, please let me disable these while keeping the other settings!

If you un-tick "cinematic view"  under options/camera this will get rid of the motion blur.

Mick. ::)

• Upvote 1

3instein, on 24 Dec 2014 - 17:53, said:

If you un-tick "cinematic view"  under options/camera this will get rid of the motion blur.

Mick. : :)

How did I never notice this... damit. ;----;

Will see, does it also get rid of that poopy lens flare that makes the game look straight out of a COD MLG xXx1337xx420XxX quicknoscope blaze it montage?

Bumping this to remind the devs that 96.09% of respondents voted for "Customization (similar to ROF) with option for presets if desired".

I hope they will stop being stubborn and turn things around for the better. There is a clear opportunity to do so here.

Bumping this to remind the devs that 96.09% of respondents voted for "Customization (similar to ROF) with option for presets if desired".

I hope they will stop being stubborn and turn things around for the better. There is a clear opportunity to do so here.

Don't hope 

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/5-voprosy-razrabotchikam/page-51?do=findComment&comment=262337

The last sentence in the answer to the second question which deals with graphics presets says:

"Because of that we don't plan to change anything".

Edited by ST_ami7b5

Don't hope 

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/5-voprosy-razrabotchikam/page-51?do=findComment&comment=262337

The last sentence in the answer to the second question which deals with graphics presets says:

"Because of that we don't plan to change anything".

Then it's finally time for me to start considering selling this game. I'm happy I bought the non steam version. 

Oh boy :( .    By Loft's logic, why weren't graphics options removed from RoF in the last update?  Is the RoF forum collapsing under the weight of posts complaining about graphics settings?  I don't think so.

I'd been hoping that after all the dust had settled we'd have graphics options given back to us but.................................................................................... 

Oh boy :( .    By Loft's logic, why weren't graphics options removed from RoF in the last update?  Is the RoF forum collapsing under the weight of posts complaining about graphics settings?  I don't think so.

I'd been hoping that after all the dust had settled we'd have graphics options given back to us but.................................................................................... 

Please don't say that!!!

Different reasons:

1) Combination of multiple settings lead to big performance issues, there'll be an outrage as a result.

2) We know our tech better and offered optimal options. If your PC can't handle them - settings won't do a thing

3) Continuation of point 1: we'll need to find all the options that lead to the game crashing due to insufficiant specs and fobid them. This work is a long one, the QA as well.

That's why we're not planning to change anything

Loft's statements translated by a Russian friend of mine.

Why were they included in EA Alpha than? No offense but this statement is quite loosly. The options are already availabel in RoF and workign fine. It's rather probably time + money they're lacking to implement things now that should have been given from day 1.

The Dev's said that certain combinations lead to CTD, there were a LOT of issues with that at one time leading to a lot of anguish, which now seem to have been very much reduced

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

For me thats more of an excuse than explaination. I can't imagine any other game bringing up such claims and from what I knwo presets were announced for EA testing (to make it easier to report frame and CTD issues, as you said). Now that we are done with that they're nothing more but relicts of an unfinished (or bad approached) game design.

I can't believe that a game thats based on the RoF engine and developed by the same team handles so much different and requires way more limitations for the players, who'd otherwise "break" the game and make it crash and burn by simply disabling a graphic option. Again, it's money + time. That's why most of us demanded custom graphic options back in EA, because now it's too late to go back and do it without sacrifising time and money of the development of new content (which seems to be the primary goal as for now).

For me thats more of an excuse than explaination. I can't imagine any other game bringing up such claims and from what I knwo presets were announced for EA testing (to make it easier to report frame and CTD issues, as you said). Now that we are done with that they're nothing more but relicts of an unfinished (or bad approached) game design.

I can't believe that a game thats based on the RoF engine and developed by the same team handles so much different and requires way more limitations for the players, who'd otherwise "break" the game and make it crash and burn by simply disabling a graphic option. Again, it's money + time. That's why most of us demanded custom graphic options back in EA, because now it's too late to go back and do it without sacrifising time and money of the development of new content (which seems to be the primary goal as for now).

It really is. In the end, I do not understand the dev's desire to be so controlling. Providing a means around unlocks was great and should be commended, but this is still annoying. Until this is rectified, then I can't see myself buying further content for the game.

It's saved itself, to be sure, but this is still got some major issues to over come. The stubborness being one of them.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Upvote 1

The Dev's said that certain combinations lead to CTD, there were a LOT of issues with that at one time leading to a lot of anguish, which now seem to have been very much reduced

Lots of people used the back door txt file for many months during EA to get custom graphic settings without any issues whatsoever before the devs got wise to it and shut it down. Seriously adding in some options for SSAO, etc. is not going to break the game. 

This one always bothered me more than the unlocks.  They were a pain but you could work through them.  Hey!  why not make custom graphic settings an unlockable feature!  Ok, just kidding, really, just kidding!

Lots of people used the back door txt file for many months during EA to get custom graphic settings without any issues whatsoever before the devs got wise to it and shut it down. Seriously adding in some options for SSAO, etc. is not going to break the game. 

This. I can triple the distance landscape resolution without crash and bruns so I don't take the excuse of me makign my pc crash and burn by adjusting basic game settings.

Hey!  why not make custom graphic settings an unlockable feature!  Ok, just kidding, really, just kidding!

And I heared you have to preorder BoM gold founder edition to unlock them without playing the campaign...might be a fair deal? :P