Zak

Developer Diary, Part 83

Thumbs up if #18 is fixed... That was a major buzz kill.

Thx!

H

Version is ready. You may to update now.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the update BUT

As I said somewhere before, it may become available after the release. Don't worry, I'll let you know when we can help you.

This is starting to annoy me I see it as a privacy violation, Forget FM or unlocks this will kill it for a load of people 

Edited by AeroAce
  • Upvote 2

So this is confirmed : There won't be a wipe of our progress in unlocking for release ? 

I am having more and more fun on the campaign. Faster level 7-8 missions just become incredbly intense.  :salute: 

The only thing I miss is a squadron a name, and wingmen with name ... and maybe some "scripted missions" for opening or closing each chapter with more aircrafts, like more "holywood" (in the spectacular sens of the word :) )

• Upvote 1

Holy Moses!

No wipe of campaign progress.

Fw 190 climb rate fix was not a failure anyway, just not implemented.

More flavour to the campaign

Quick fix of the bugs that plauged MP and gave campaign CTDs.

This has been a day of gooooooooood news :)

This is starting to annoy me I see it as a privacy violation, Forget FM or unlocks this will kill it for a load of people 

seriously go to the customer service and have them change it for you, if your that paranoid.

Thanks for all the great work devs. Looking forward to trying this latest version. :)

Edited by Beazil

looks clean.. 

Possible to have Screenshots extension as "jpg" ?

As the full release approaches, all I can say is "Yes... yes! Don't stop!!"

tell me that this is a joke

Edited by GOAPotenz
  • Upvote 1

seriously go to the customer service and have them change it for you, if your that paranoid.

Does that actually work and if so what is the contact option please?

I also, when asked for my name on installation, gave my real first name in the assumption that it would be used to reference me during the installation questions. I was annoyed to discover that I was permanently stuck with it as my online and offline user and pilot name. That was really badly coded. There should have been a full warning that the name was going to persist and couldn't be changed. After that the devs said it would eventually change to the forum login name but now it's 'maybe' we'll eventually let you change it. That's just not good!

If it IS possible to alter the name then how please because I urgently require it done.

tell me that this is sarcasm

Unfortunately it isn't. I can't imagine the number of people that put their real name into the game for their name totals above single digits. Certainly not loads.

Edited by FuriousMeow

Does that actually work and if so what is the contact option please?

I also, when asked for my name on installation, gave my real first name in the assumption that it would be used to reference me during the installation questions. I was annoyed to discover that I was permanently stuck with it as my online and offline user and pilot name. That was really badly coded. There should have been a full warning that the name was going to persist and couldn't be changed. After that the devs said it would eventually change to the forum login name but now it's 'maybe' we'll eventually let you change it. That's just not good!

If it IS possible to alter the name then how please because I urgently require it done.

yes I'm well aware of your problem, you do realize these guys are Russian and when they started the EA, well the meaning for Pilot and real name was lost..

https://il2sturmovik.com/support/request/

go there and start your ticket I'm sure they will fix it for you.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Upvote 1

I think ur comment is quite insulting actually, im not being paranoid and It was just very unclear when we signed up. What I want is my forum name.  Im lucky I only put first name, some people put full name and wont play online as a result. I dont think that its unfair to have this moved up in priority because it is actually a privacy issue to some people. I think an error like this should be higher up the list but for some reason it is not.

I bet u there is a hard code issue like if u change player name it will delete player info or something, thus probably wont change in order to keep the majority happy 

Edited by AeroAce
  • Upvote 1

yes I'm well aware of your problem, you do realize these guys are Russian and when they started the EA, well the meaning for Pilot and real name was lost..

https://il2sturmovik.com/support/request/

go there and start your ticket I'm sure they will fix it for you.

Thanks for this. Greatly appreciated.

Hi all

I do not write much in the forum, whenever I think about writing , someone already said what I wanted to convey (sometimes)

Obviously this game is not fully developed, it is normal, but the basis on which it is, made ​​allows us to think in large developments. 

It is the best simulator ever made, leave work who is working ... 

will get much better .... 

This intervention is for those critics who can do nothing more than criticize. 

please continue, give us the best IL 2....thx

BR

CM

• Upvote 2

Is it confirmed 100% there will be no wiper upon release. The impression I got was there was a (partial?) wipe planned for today that got cancelled. Hopefully this is another case of lost in translation and Zak or one of the guys can confirm our hard earned unlocks will remain available once the game goes gold.  

Yes, it is confirmed by Zak in this very thread no campaign progress will be reset.

• Upvote 1

Cool beans! I guess my SP grind will start soon. Still have to make it home to play the newest release. :salute:

Yes, it is confirmed by Zak in this very thread no campaign progress will be reset.

Well that is one very good decision.  Maybe they will go on a string of good decisions leading up to release.  :)   Time to hit the campaign hard.   

Great news about not wiping, a good decision and the right one. Methinks you have just made a shit load of people very happy. May all you camels have 2 humps and be blessed with sweet smelling breath.

Thanks for the latest update too.

• Upvote 1

Nice update thank you.

BoS is running extra smooth at my end.

By the way  what is the  - check box in the graphics section?

I think ur comment is quite insulting actually, im not being paranoid and It was just very unclear when we signed up. What I want is my forum name.  Im lucky I only put first name, some people put full name and wont play online as a result. I dont think that its unfair to have this moved up in priority because it is actually a privacy issue to some people. I think an error like this should be higher up the list but for some reason it is not.

I bet u there is a hard code issue like if u change player name it will delete player info or something, thus probably wont change in order to keep the majority happy 

If it's such a privacy issue to people, then why are they putting their real name into a computer program that doesn't specifically need it? If anyone thought they should put their real name in for purposes of being addressed by their name while the game is installing, or wasn't under the impression that it would be your in-game name (why else would it be asking), then I'm pretty sure their "private" name being on a video game is the least of their worries.

yeah i did already write to Han.

Didn't wanna open another "190-topic" in the early access, but if you are interested i can send you all the data (real life <-> in-game)

Regardless to that.. you cannot call the devs liars and expect your posts to not be removed. Please restrain yourself. If you have a grievance state your case in a civil manner and if you expect to get some kind of reply have your facts in order.

Nice update thank you.

BoS is running extra smooth at my end.

By the way  what is the  - check box in the graphics section?

its the SLI settings for the video cards.

its the SLI settings for the video cards.

Thanks not that one. I mean the one with the dash (unlabeled) next to it.

You don't have one?

Thanks not that one. I mean the one with the dash (unlabeled) next to it.

You don't have one?

I see it as well, just above multi gpu support

I love the main menu, it looks great!

Also i've had a lot of fun with the missions and I had no crashes at all today, so I'm a very happy camper :)

Great update as usual!