Zak

Developer Diary, Part 83

I like the new plane setup screen, good improvement. Convergence setting seem to stay memorized. I saw a thick black smoke coming from small village on route to target near frontlines like there is heavy battle going on, very nice touch.

Edited by Zami

After the update and 2 restarts, the game won't launch.

Made short-cut from file directory. Still no joy.

Will perform complete install.

Got it working after it was re-installed.

Looks great!

Yeah but you landed next to a Russian village in the Stalingrad AO. You may wish you hadn't..........survived that is!

It's OK - Luftwaffe has already arranged a rescue mission featuring Otto Skorzeny, towed gliders and a Fiesler Storch.

• Upvote 1

I have just flown the Night Strike mission. I have to say it's really fun to dodge searchlights and flak. I have done night fighter and night bomber campaigns in the old Il-2 1946, but BoS captures the atmosphere of night missions much better.

I wish I could get my hands on the BoS FMB to create more of these missions. Does anyone know if the mission builder will be part of the release version?

Great update! Can we also get the free camera (F11) enabled in the next update?

• Upvote 1

Fantastic the final version! Or not? But the 100% version. ;)

Now if I may suggest:

A/ Full Mission Builder so we the community can help the dev team build single or multi player missions. :huh:

B/ Coop multi player function so all can play against the PC driven pilots. :rolleyes:

C/ A place to send the freshly by us created skins so we can fly our absolute favorite skin.  :wacko:

I thanks the dev team for this great IL2 series game and this are suggestions. :lol: 

I know what he was getting at.

This is not a topic to compare 1946 or CloD to BoS. There are lot of short comings in both of those titles that BoS excels at, number of aircraft don't mean anything when they are simplified.

Exactly, more complex physics is a lot harder to sync between computers. Atleast I take a lot better FMs over old ones any day of the week even if it means we can only get 50 players per server.

• Upvote 1

Fantastic the final version! Or not? But the 100% version. ;)

Now if I may suggest:

A/ Full Mission Builder so we the community can help the dev team build single or multi player missions. :huh:

B/ Coop multi player function so all can play against the PC driven pilots. :rolleyes:

C/ A place to send the freshly by us created skins so we can fly our absolute favorite skin.  :wacko:

I thanks the dev team for this great IL2 series game and this are suggestions. :lol: 

+1 vote for full mission builder

+1 vote for COOP (very needed here me and my friends in other simulators are just playing coop)

+1 vote for user skins (due to historical accurate skins without censorship for countries outside Germany and Russia)

• Upvote 1

I wish I could get my hands on the BoS FMB to create more of these missions. Does anyone know if the mission builder will be part of the release version?

It's very draft now, will be provided a little bit later.

• Upvote 4

The addition of burning villages makes the map come much more alive, better feel of being part of a larger battle, huge improvement in immersion from this single change.

What the SP campaign really needs is a combat air patrol or local air superiority mission, similar to the front patrol of RoF, where you do not know what is going to come at you. Flying fighters for the Germans in Chapter 3 you only get airfields in the pocket at the start. It makes no military sense for planes from these fields to be doing interceptions of soviet ground attack units west of the Don. 

New load-out screen with skins showing is much improved. JG3 109 skin please?

What dragon76 was ultimately saying was that less planes in MP is a step backwards not forwards, I cannot find the video but there was a guy who put like 300 TB3? ME323? in a co-op for 1946...that was 46 then there is CloD

CLoD

100 planes over London.

my 3 main concerns right now are

1. FMB

2. skins

3. no mandatory unlocks for MP arena.

Heh, 1946 is bound to run fantastically on a modern computer because it is 10+ years old. But I don't think we want to go back to hexagonal radial engines...

The CoD clip was made from a track file running at 16x slowed-down speed. It would never have been possible to run at normal speed, according to the guy who made the video.

The Eastern front wasn't known for airbattles with hundreds of planes in the near vicinity of each other. By the time this new Il-2-series gets to 8th Air Force battles over Western Europe we will hopefully get hardware that can cope with that many planes.

All dependent on whether the series is supported by fans of course! The developers are obviously gunning for the long run which is why it is sad to see some "fans" theatening to give up on the sim before it has even been released.

• Upvote 2

how do you fix this? I just re-installed the game logged in, switched my graphic settings and my controls, reset the game and voila... i'm stuck outside again....

...  i really would not want to go through the re-install procedure again...

10516624_720971057971648_916774462767518

Great update,although,perhaps somewhat ironically, I am now renamed SCARTS,Seems legit,its a computer game after all!

Hot-fix is ready, you may to update now.

• Upvote 4

it fixed my issue... thanks :D

'Kin ell!!  You're still at work Han?  Wow :salute:

• Upvote 1

You do have weekends, don't you? :D

• Upvote 1

In my previous post I forgot the most important, not for us how have already some hours of flight behind us but for all those how are going to buy this game now and later, the manuals?! A manual for the game menus and tricks, a manual for how to fly this wonderful planes in the game, a manual for the building of missions if we get a full mission builder and a manual to survive the campaign Soviet or German , how to best unlock all the features of IL2 Battle of Stalingrad. So there is still a lot of work to do. :mellow: 

I am very happy to learn that the FMB is in the pipeline of releases, thank and great job. :)  

Edited by senseispcc

Give the man (Han!) a "post up"!

gMaster

Edit: Im glad I didn't go under the name Spot btw!

Edited by Mastermariner

I like the new mission settings GUI... well thought out and logical to navigate.

At last we can see the skins we are choosing too :)

• Upvote 1

how do you fix this? I just re-installed the game logged in, switched my graphic settings and my controls, reset the game and voila... i'm stuck outside again....

...  i really would not want to go through the re-install procedure again...

10516624_720971057971648_916774462767518

That looks like another update about to happen.

Anyone else notice more feedback from their MSFFB2?

Will check this outmore carefully...had time for only one flight yeaterday & at the time I didn't feel much of a difference. ;)

I missed something? Typical of me...but where is hotfix located at the download site where this most recent update ( and all others ) is found? Thanks! ;)

In my previous post I forgot the most important, not for us how have already some hours of flight behind us but for all those how are going to buy this game now and later, the manuals?! A manual for the game menus and tricks, a manual for how to fly this wonderful planes in the game, a manual for the building of missions if we get a full mission builder and a manual to survive the campaign Soviet or German , how to best unlock all the features of IL2 Battle of Stalingrad. So there is still a lot of work to do. :mellow: 

I am very happy to learn that the FMB is in the pipeline of releases, thank and great job. :)  

It is my understanding that the game will not be released with a manual.

It might be developed after release by some patient people but it's not part of the deal right now.

Will check this outmore carefully...had time for only one flight yeaterday & at the time I didn't feel much of a difference. ;)

I missed something? Typical of me...but where is hotfix located at the download site where this most recent update ( and all others ) is found? Thanks! ;)

Blitzen, it should just download/update automatically when you start the game.

Blitzen, it should just download/update automatically when you start the game.

Game did play yesterday ,but today just after posting this email & starting game play I get the same message as Lensman ( see above) so I am currently downloading the update again,hoping this will cure the non-start issue.Am I on the right track or should I simply redo the update I got yesterday?

Inquiring minds etc... :huh:

Game did play yesterday ,but today just after posting this email & starting game play I get the same message as Lensman ( see above) so I am currently downloading the update again,hoping this will cure the non-start issue.Am I on the right track or should I simply redo the update I got yesterday?

Inquiring minds etc... :huh:

Eh?  James, just double click on your launcher icon and see what happens.  If it invites you to "play" then you are good to go.  If not, it will be downloading todays hotfix.  Simples :salute:

Eh?  James, just double click on your launcher icon and see what happens.  If it invites you to "play" then you are good to go.  If not, it will be downloading todays hotfix.  Simples :salute:

Ah - hah...for some reason or another whenever I want to activate a new update I have to reboot my PC beforehand because if I don't I get repeated "Application Open" messages that won't allow me to proceed .It turned out to be the same issue with this "hotfix" : I needed to reboot  & then start sim. Currently it is "re-chewing " new info & I assume when it is finished gameplay can begin .Thanks for your help! :salute:

Ah - hah...for some reason or another whenever I want to activate a new update I have to reboot my PC beforehand because if I don't I get repeated "Application Open" messages that won't allow me to proceed .It turned out to be the same issue with this "hotfix" : I needed to reboot  & then start sim. Currently it is "re-chewing " new info & I assume when it is finished gameplay can begin .Thanks for your help! :salute:

Try unchecking " seed when downloaded", if it is checked.

Is it just me? Since the last update multiplayer gets extremely laggy  when there is action around, as if I was playing at 1/2 speed. Nothing wrong with my connection or ping though..and not only 1 server.