[TWB]Pand

Multiplayer Dead?

Is there a benefit to doing the SP campaign for unlocks?   Aren't we just going to have to do them again on release?

Yes there is because if you go and complete the campaign to unlock everything then you should have learned to fly correctly your favorite plane and be a challenge in MP the SP campaign and his system is for the MP a eyes opener and maybe they do learn that they are not has good has they believe to be so they do not like it?! :mellow:

The unlock campaign could be a great skill leveler in the MP game so that everyone has the same chances  to play a honest and fair game in it?! :angry: 

That is a simplistic way of looking at the problem...

You can learn to fly any of the planes correctly without doing the bloody campaign! Just use the free flight missions in qmb for god's sake.

I can see why the MP crowd are so flippin mad!

exactly i gave up on multiplayer after first day

people would bnz you and all you had to do its fly low below them to make them crash

so noobs target fixated they wouldnt even see the ground

edit:

if you scored for every foe it crashes around you i may consider return to multiplayer

Edited by raaaid

That is a simplistic way of looking at the problem...

You can learn to fly any of the planes correctly without doing the bloody campaign! Just use the free flight missions in qmb for god's sake.

I can see why the MP crowd are so flippin mad!

Learning how to fly and learning how to dog fight are two different animals, unless there is a A.I. ACM instructor in the campaign  you will end as cannon fodder when you hit the MP servers. I would like to see a campaign thats starts with flight basics moves on to engine management and finishes with ACM (air combat maneuvering) I think this would be most beneficial for the newcome to flightsims.

Bit of Deja vu here :biggrin:

I assume there will documentation this time around.... :biggrin:

Yes there is because if you go and complete the campaign to unlock everything then you should have learned to fly correctly your favorite plane and be a challenge in MP the SP campaign and his system is for the MP a eyes opener and maybe they do learn that they are not has good has they believe to be so they do not like it?! :mellow:

The unlock campaign could be a great skill leveler in the MP game so that everyone has the same chances  to play a honest and fair game in it?! :angry: 

LoL

The more I think about the unlocks system the more pissed off I get.

Seeing how almost 90% of the community here are saying the same things yet unlocks system is going to stay, this makes me never want to sink money into another beta project again, considering I bought 2 copies of this game (Gold & Silver) in the belief I was going to get a sim continuing in the tradition of IL2 Sturmovik but from the renound development team to bought along RoF, but now I see ive really got a hybrid with console ideals such as unlocks.

I think its a genre killer.

777 will get a flop if they dont listen to what the majority of community members feel about this.

Whilst there is still plenty of game to enjoy it is flatout not worth the now price of $95!

Edited by BigPickle
  • Upvote 1

I think those are called tutorial, not full campaign. 

The more I think about the unlocks system the more pissed off I get. Seeing how almost 90% of the community here are saying the same things yet unlocks system is going to stay makes me think this game will be dead within a year, I think its that much of a genre killer. 777 will get a flop if they dont listen to what the majority of community memebers feel about this.

It wont be nearly as successful as we wanted it to be at the time we gave $95. Money I was happily giving  to support the development of this sim that now turns to be "flight game". 

It wont be nearly as successful as we wanted it to be at the time we gave $95. Money I was happily giving  to support the development of this sim that now turns to be "flight game". 

Exactly man, I am forced to play their campagin in an effort to just get a level playing field against other players in MP. This idea is totally arse about face, MP should not be dependent on SP content, if anything it should be the other way around, MP unlock SP content.

Edited by BigPickle

Now there's a different design philosophy!... Force everyone to play multi-player before they can unlock the campaign :o:

Hahaha... then we would see who was up in arms and crying their eyes out!!!!

Edited by Trooper117

Now there's a different design philosophy!... Force everyone to play multi-player before they can unlock the campaign :o:

LOL yeah hehehe I'm not thinking straight :wacko:

Multiplayer is dead because 

1 There are not many servers

2 They need to Grind XP for using their Loadout

3 Because of the 2 many poeple stoped playing

LOL,  +1000000 to you sir.  Talk about an even field now.

Edited by Thunderchiff

Whats the point to playing mp right now ? Its not even guaranteed that the unlocks we get in the campaign right now before release are going to transfer over at release. It would be wonderful if we could earn xp for unlocks in mp but I personally do not see that happening. 

The more I think about the unlocks system the more pissed off I get.

Seeing how almost 90% of the community here are saying the same things yet unlocks system is going to stay,...

I wouldn't say it's 90% dislike for the unlocks but I would say 65%, or nearly two thirds (according the current poll).  Only about one quarter, 26%, say they like the unlock system.  This is based on 539 votes.

The above 65% adds the "I dislike it" vote (49%) and the "I don't play solo campaign, so will be unable to unlock mods" vote (16%) together.  It assumes those unable to unlock their mods will not be happy campers.

The most unfortunate part of this whole issue is that I believe it will generate negative media reviews (one out already) and impact sales as a result.  This could have a long term effect on the genre.  I think the award of ranks and medals in the SP campaign would have been more immersive but, hey, that's just my opinion.  There is just is no place for unlocks in mp, it screws up flight cohesion, mission building, squad events, etc., etc.

It's sad as I really like IL2 BOS.

Poll link:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/752-unlocking-mods-solo-career/

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't say it's 90% dislike for the unlocks but I would say 65%, or nearly two thirds (according the current poll).  Only about one quarter, 26%, say they like the unlock system.  This is based on 539 votes.

The above 65% adds the "I dislike it" vote (49%) and the "I don't play solo campaign, so will be unable to unlock mods" vote (16%) together.  It assumes those unable to unlock their mods will not be happy campers.

The most unfortunate part of this whole issue is that I believe it will generate negative media reviews (one out already) and impact sales as a result.  This could have a long term effect on the genre.  I think the award of ranks and medals in the SP campaign would have been more immersive but, hey, that's just my opinion.  There is just is no place for unlocks in mp, it screws up flight cohesion, mission building, squad events, etc., etc.

It's sad as I really like IL2 BOS.

Poll link:

Where are  you getting all this numbers? Or are you inventing them for the pleasure of argumenting?! :blink:

Where are  you getting all this numbers? Or are you inventing them for the pleasure of argumenting?! :blink:

The link to the Poll where the numbers are from is in my post and then contained in the quote in yours.

But, just for you, here it is again:

EDIT:  Just in case I need to be THIS specific, if you haven't taken the poll you will need to click on the button in the OP that says something like "See Results".

Edited by VR-Stick

The link to the Poll where the numbers are from is in my post and then contained in the quote in yours.

But, just for you, here it is again:

EDIT:  Just in case I need to be THIS specific, if you haven't taken the poll you will need to click on the button in the OP that says something like "See Results".

Do you know how many person did buy the game and compare it to the number of people how did answer to your poll, you do like to be wrong, do you not? MP are less than Single players but they make the law is it not? The unlock system is fun and your opinion is one of many and maybe not the right one if you do not like something it can be right.  And did not participate to your poll because it is stupid to try to ask to change something that is correctly done and shall give us something nice to play. ;) 

Do you know how many person did buy the game and compare it to the number of people how did answer to your poll, you do like to be wrong, do you not? MP are less than Single players but they make the law is it not? The unlock system is fun and your opinion is one of many and maybe not the right one if you do not like something it can be right.  And did not participate to your poll because it is stupid to try to ask to change something that is correctly done and shall give us something nice to play. ;) 

I`d say you`re missing the point, I as a MP player I do not dislike the campaign other than being forced to play it to unlock things. On MP servers the mission builder needs all the tools available to create a scenario, they do not need the added burden of players joining without the necessary unlocks. Unlocks should be limited to SP or not forced upon the people at all, just because one of the team feels we have to obey his desire to make everyone play the campaign should not impact on those that don`t. Making MP missions is hard enough without hamstringing everyone who has no interest in SP at all.

here is the opinion of one of the many :) there is nothing wrong with the unlock/rewards system, however there are 2 types of people who play this game, the SP crowd and the MP crowd and some like both. The problem arises when you have PvP players who are forced to run the PvE gauntlet to get the weapons and loadouts they need for MP. SP should be an option not mandatory.

I would really like to see BOS mimic the original IL2 in terms of options, by this I mean everything from air quake to full switch and have nothing forced on anyone. I would really like to see all the warthunder people come and buy this sim and set up servers any way they choose because this would ensure that the development coffers stay full and everybody would benefit from this.

take a look at the success of the battlefield series in regard to the unlock, reward and stats system... a lot of people love them and a lot don't care but it keeps people buying the game and the servers occupied. This is a niche sim and we cant afford to alienate anyone...options must be abundant and nothing must be forced.

• Upvote 2

LoL

I would have perhaps added a *bit* more content than Yakmaster, but his sentiment is spot on.  You can fly single player for a thousand hours, and it won't matter squat when you first play MP.

• Upvote 2

Other than the tech tree and management of your ground crew, using XP to repair your busted plane why would the F2P WT mouse jockeys pay 90 some bucks to come here and grind away? I see your point Oddball,the more here the better. but let THEM set it up the way they want to. Not forced to do one thing.

• Upvote 2

Well, first of all, it is not my poll.  The poll was posted by Rama who happens to be a moderator for the forums.  The poll has been present on the forums since July 2013, over 14 months ago.  I am only reporting the results of the poll.

As far as number of owners?  At the moment I see 13,994. 

Statistically, looking at a population of 13,994 with a confidence level of 95%, a sample size of 539, a Dislike vote of 65% would result in a margin of error of 3.95%.  In other words, if you had asked the question of the entire relevant population, between 61.05% (65-3.95) and 68.95% (65+3.95) would have picked that answer with 95% certainty.

Now granted, this was not a random sample, but instead a voluntary poll.  That being said however, no one can abuse the poll by voting multiple times.  The poll has been available for an extended period of time for everyone to see.  Everyone has had the same access to the forums and the same chance of seeing and taking the poll.  Everyone has the same opportunity to vote.  So, even though not random, it probably is fairly representative of the population.  If you subtract even 10% off the low end you are still at 50% that dislike the unlocks.  So, it's not just me.

I hope this helps in your understanding of the numbers.

• Upvote 1

Yes it is only some person how think because they pay for something everything should be given to them without efforts. No pain no gain! :wacko: 

First time I've looked at the poll.

2% of owners have voted so exptrapolating 60-68% from that seems in the realms of fantasy.

There are a number of problems with this approach. Multiple purchases, non-English purchasers not reading the forum, those that don't want or can't be bothered to vote etc etc etc.

I'm absolutely certain that far more than have voted dislike the unlocks. Absolutely. Is it a majority? Dunno.

For the record, as an almost exclusive MP player, unlocks are a non issue for me.

Hood

Yes it is only some person how think because they pay for something everything should be given to them without efforts. No pain no gain! :wacko: 

I bought into the EA and I REALLY thought that because I did pay to get a "gold member bar and status" in EA I would not have to worry about unlocks in SP. I don't play SP so that didn't concern me. I should have read more on it though. I had no idea it would go this way and effect MP as well. So yes I thought by buying into it early I would be exempted from any unlocks. Why else would I buy it early? Look at DCS  A10, anyone who bought it early to support the game gets the Nevada map free, players like me who didn't buy in early have to pay, Makes sense I guess. I guess I thought it would go this way here too. 

• Upvote 1

Other than the tech tree and management of your ground crew, using XP to repair your busted plane why would the F2P WT mouse jockeys pay 90 some bucks to come here and grind away? I see your point Oddball,the more here the better. but let THEM set it up the way they want to. Not forced to do one thing.

that was my point mate :)

as for the $90 bucks? I see you point but have you been to the WT store? ...WOW what a wallet flogging!

War Thunder - Ultra Advanced Pack $79.99

http://warthunder.com/en/store/

If i remember correctly is'nt WT basicly il2 1946? that was re-devolped by Gaijin?

First time I've looked at the poll.

2% of owners have voted so exptrapolating 60-68% from that seems in the realms of fantasy.

There are a number of problems with this approach. Multiple purchases, non-English purchasers not reading the forum, those that don't want or can't be bothered to vote etc etc etc.

I'm absolutely certain that far more than have voted dislike the unlocks. Absolutely. Is it a majority? Dunno.

For the record, as an almost exclusive MP player, unlocks are a non issue for me.

Hood

Well,  first of all it is 3.85% not 2%.  Small percentages of a population is how statistics work.  One must attain a valid sample size.  For the size of this population, the sample isn't bad.  Polls with populations in the hundreds of thousands, or even millions, are based on samples sizes of only a thousand or so.  Amazingly, these stats turn out very accurate.

I wouldn't think multiple purchases make up a very large percent of sales at all and would throw off the results.

As far as non-English speaking owners, I think it is safe to assume that the percentage breakdown of their vote would be similar to the English portion.

I also believe it is a majority that dislike the unlocks in the current state as they apply to MP.

Hood

The rub of unlocks for MP comes for the mission builders of servers.  How can they design anything that requires non-vanilla weapons or locks on skins?

Also it creates issues with squads concerning training, etc.

For those not in squads, maybe not so much an issue but even they will be affected by the missions available in mp.

as for the $90 bucks? I see you point but have you been to the WT store? ...WOW what a wallet flogging!

If i remember correctly is'nt WT basicly il2 1946? that was re-devolped by Gaijin?

WOW, and a premium account for only 60 days? I guess they will be heading over here! I have no idea about the '46 thing. I thought WT was F2P and grind on for more stuff.( you can tell I've never played it! :D ) or done much research on it.

exactly i gave up on multiplayer after first day

people would bnz you and all you had to do its fly low below them to make them crash

so noobs target fixated they wouldnt even see the ground

edit:

if you scored for every foe it crashes around you i may consider return to multiplayer

LoL. Don't know who you played against. Not most of the people I know ;)

OMG.....no. IL21946 is actually still very good.

WT was IL2 Wings of Prey (Birds of Prey on consoles) by Gaijin. Another soiled IL2 title.

OMG.....no. IL21946 is actually still very good.

WT was IL2 Wings of Prey (Birds of Prey on consoles) by Gaijin. Another soiled IL2 title.

It's sad that some games have tarnished the IL2 name (I'm not saying BoS falls into that category at all, btw...just the ones mentioned above).

Sometimes when I'm shopping on Amazon, IL-2 Sturmovik (yes, the original) and IL2 Forgotten Battles will pop up as recommended for me. Seeing the cover art reminds me of the good old days :)

I have the original Il2 demo CD (NOT FOR SALE!)  :P Can I load it with a dvd drive? LOL. Maybe I'll just frame it. :)

I remember trying to take off with the P-39 for the first time with the demo... Bloody hell, it was hard. :-D

I remember trying to take off with the P-39 for the first time with the demo... Bloody hell, it was hard. :-D

Yes it is old day funny..  P-39 spin and stall was terrible for me too ...  that time I respect old friends who fly p-39 online

One thing I was thinking today was they could at least allow us (Premium people) to fly the La-5 and FW190 without having to unlock the equipment, that goes for anyone who buys a "premium aircraft". There are hardly any games which sell premium tanks/planes etc and then expect you to unlock the components for them as well. If unlocking is staying then at least have all premium aircraft that we've bought free of any unlocking mechanic. Seems logical to me.

Many "free to play" games adopt this thinking and considering IL2: BoS isn't free to play and on top of that having to unlock equipment for extra aircraft we've bought is really quite unfair.

Let's quickly remind ourselves that RoF is now free to play. How quickly do you think IL2: BoS will become the same but with a unlocking mechanic. I'm becoming pretty certain what will be coming around the corner in the future but I'm afraid I'm not sure everybody does here.

Edited by =69.GIAP=RADKO
  • Upvote 2