Felix58

Australian based squads?

I hope we get lots of Oceanic players, as much as I love mixing it up with the Europeans and Americans, I would really like to play with a ping less than 100.

Here's hoping that the AWESOME squadron JG11 gets back together again in this sim. They were a force to be reconned with in IL-2 1946 and would be great to fly along side of them for a change in this arena. HORRIDO!!!

thanks for the kind words mate,we certainly had some brilliant pilots over the years.helps when you have some real world fighter pilots teaching the craft.

Another aussie noob here, need to make new friends as none of my mates are interested in flying

Mods please move if this is deemed irrelevant.

Do any other Australians have trouble flying in multiplayer (esp EU Server) due to the high pings? I'm not talking about teleportation, visible lag and such. Rather, I have trouble controlling the aircraft and holding turns in multiplayer. I use to think I was simply a bad pilot, but after sinking some hours into the campaign mode I swear the planes feel different. Could it be to do with de-sync between the server prediction and the client messing with the flight dynamics? 

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Albino

Edited by Albino

I haven't seen any issues on the EU servers other than when there was large numbers flying and the game started slow-motioning etc. which I think the devs are trying to sort that out with the new player limit caps.

Definitely nothing regarding plane flight.

On a side note, I don't think i have ever seen a US based server with a ping as low as the BOS US official ones. Must be right on the US west coast.

Just like IL2FB, latency is not really a huge problem in BOS - packet loss on the other hand is.

Just to keep things on topic, I'm interested to see more players online, perhaps one day joining up with a squad (flying only German this time round. I flew Russian/Allied in the original).

Albino, I'm in WA and I haven't had any of the issues you're describing. My pings on the EU servers are over 300 so I probably sling shot a bit to the others, but from my view in the cockpit everything looks and feels normal. Something in your network settings maybe? Sorry mate, I'm a total noob to this game so I can't offer much.....

There has been probalby enough people who have posted about this from the Oceanic area to start up a Squadron. I would be happy enough to join but due to work and being out of the country (Australia) until mid Febuary 2015 I won't be able to get on alot. Maybe a existing Squadron could form or allow a Oceanic wing for their Squadron ( just a thought). It will be good to see something/somewhere for the Oceanic players to gather.

Cheers WhiteYeti.

Yeah I'm keen for an Aussie squad. The time difference (WA time) for me is the killer with other larger squads. 

I've been playing the Syndicate server, there is lag but I dont see it much, its actually pretty good. 

I'm pretty much limited to 8pm to 11pm most nights (WA time), I mostly fly the Stuka or the HE-111 as I suck at dog fighting (I'm woeful in the FW190, my fav plane) so it would be awesome to team up with others in formation for some ground pounding action.

Here's hoping that the AWESOME squadron JG11 gets back together again in this sim. They were a force to be reconned with in IL-2 1946 and would be great to fly along side of them for a change in this arena. HORRIDO!!!

Gday Razer was JG11 a Australian/Oceanic based Squadron ?

Cheers WhiteYeti :)

Thanks for the various info regarding Australian pings.

I'd be interested in joining a squad once I learn to fly properly! Perhaps someone will set up an Oceanic server once the tools are released?

Regards

Albino

at this stage no

until something happens with a FMB and Online wars,we cant see the point bringing in new guys only to tell them that the game isnt up to standard yet.

but,certainly if the Online wars progress to something ressembling what we had in IL2FB,then we will be looking for some reliable pilots.

Hey Simmo,

Its been years mate. The old JG27 (mostly US/Canada) crew from Il-2 FB are gonna attempt to mount a comeback. But its gonna take some doing.  Like you say - a lot of disappointment from Il-2 CLoD initial release and the death of 1946 has really scattered people.  At the moment the closest to a flight sim community I can find is the group that frequents ATAG in CLoD TF 4.312.

I'm not sure of the best approach moving forward yet either.  Out website is even gone and no more forums etc, lol.  Anyways, best of luck for the future mate and I really took some heart in knowing that you'd had a similar experience with your crew.

As for the community you are right - the game needs to offer a little more (but not much and the early signs are good) and then we'll see numbers grow.  Build it and they will come.

Edited by Stacko
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully be few of us back together for this sim, may take a while to ripen into the sim that the original was but with time and teh release of the dedicated server and FMB software we can hope it does.

Had the best fun you could have in a FS against you Yanks in some of thos IL2 wars, always fair and very good vpilots made it a real challenge everytime.

G'day,

Just bought this on the Christmas 2014 steam sale at a really good price and now looking to join an Aussie Squadron as well.

Thanks in advance.

aus3620 is the number of a sailboat I used to own.

Old 5o5?

Hi All,

Kiwi / Aussie Squad starting back Oceanic Wing.

pm me if you wanna know more 

S! guys

O_Smiladon

Hi O_Smiladon, I'd like to know about oceanic, I'm aussie time zone of course. May I PM you and find out about this?

Heya Guys/Gals.

TACTICAL BOMBER & ATTACKER SQUADRON is an Aussie based squadron as it were but we also have many others from other countries also.. (about 15 current members)
currently we mostly fly KOTA (knights of the air)
Some of us on TAW (tactical air war)

Like others have said the Ping in IL2: GB does not matter as much as say War thunder or so much,
It only counts 1 way traffic as the game is client side calculations not server side like say War Thunder.

You dont have to wait for hit conformation and so on, if you fire a shot at plane and your ping is 500ms then it will only take 250ms for him to be hit and die, as there is no need for server to check the shot for hackers.(where as in WT with 500ms ping it takes over 750ms due to server checks for hackers.

If you would like more info or just come along for a fly most nights we are on.
our Discord channel is https://discord.gg/hr7UcCP
Our Kota stat page is http://kotastat.com/en/squad/3/=TBAS=/?tour=5

See you in the Skies.

• Upvote 1