Winger

So end of September is here..

The question is valid, but I think you and all the rest of us know that they are working as hard as they can to put it on the shelves, right? So quick answer, but honest one, when it's done.

Chief

Thank you Winger for letting us all know it's the end of the month...and here I have this useless calender thing next to me.

• Upvote 8

Hm... I would swear it was 3rd formerly, but it doesn't matter.

So tomorrow is the D-Day?

:biggrin:

Hm... I would swear it was 3rd formerly, but it doesn't matter.

So tomorrow is the D-Day?

:biggrin:

I have hope, but it doesn't really matter..

I'm sure the dev will deliver their game shortly, and i dont mind giving them more time to correct some problems

Now I got to find that thread where we were guessing the day. Got to check the BOS pool..I hope I said the 3rd! :)

Dang I said the 29th.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Blackwolf

Just talked to my sources and they say it will be delayed until December and if we keep trippin about it it will be even more delayed. And they also said unless you guys fly straight when I am behind you then it will be until February.  My sources are highly regarded so it must be true.

• Upvote 1

Wont be released until next month at least.

Very true.

Another way of reading this is --- next Month is tomorrow. lol.

Not rush, just finish the sim with all function and expectations.

:)

• Upvote 1

That’s why I’d like be ahead of your questions about the releases date - you’ll know everything next week.

If you read the first sentence from developer blog #80 it says the above. So this Friday should announce more details about release.

I think the game still needs a month or two. better late but good!

I think we'll see a soft release.  That seems to be the biggest trend lately.  Releasing the game at 85-90% and then "finishing" it over the next 2-3 months.  That's my guess, and honestly I don't care as long as it's done well and eventually is a solid title.

I think we'll see a soft release.  That seems to be the biggest trend lately.  Releasing the game at 85-90% and then "finishing" it over the next 2-3 months.  That's my guess, and honestly I don't care as long as it's done well and eventually is a solid title.

Well, BoS have been on steam early access for quite a long time now.

I really hope they would give us the darn campaign already. Can't wait to test it out... I want singleplayer sweetness of BOS.  :salute:

Yeah I understand the early access bit.  I just mean more games have gone from early access to a release with little change in content.  They just reach their date and put it on "normal" sale even though it's not entirely finished.  I'd say most games I've seen do this (particularly ones which do not have to be released on console and are solely PC based).

Not a big deal to me.  I've been in so many early games lately I can't really tell the difference.

Surely the campaign would need to be tested before a full release? Even if it is only one chapter.

It's my impression that it has been under testing already for a while. I think it was 2 weeks ago that the dev diary said some will get beta acces to the campaign.

It is being tested, and it's not just one chapter. I'm not involved, btw, so I don't know how things are going. 

As a normal player like you guys, I'd imagine release being shifted to mid/late-October just to give themselves time to tweak things before release-version reviews start coming out.

Had a pretty good idea that they'd miss the September figure given what a Flight Sim campaign entails. After all, why are these sims played? It's because they have a degree of complexity that is absent in other flying games. Now, that has to be taken into account for AI and other factors, so the testing is going to be utterly arduous.

I want it to be released soon so they can start on the next theater of war. Here is to hoping.

I want it to be released soon so they can start on the next theater of war. Here is to hoping.

I'm pretty sure they already started the next theater, hence the Polls section in the forums.

Map makers, artists, and aircraft modelers are probably not involved in most of the campaign development. I'd be surprised if they were not already working on the next phase.

The Asus PG278Q was supposed to be released in NA back in July. Then August, then September, I pre-ordered in September as it was promised by end of September. Well then it was updated to early October, now it is end of October and I will bet I will be waiting until December before it finally arrives. I pre-ordered it, and it is still out there not being on my desk and being used by me.

BoS, on the other hand, is perfectly playable in its current form and is installed, working, and running just fine for me. The fixation on a "release date" is very strange since you already have it and can play your heart out in its current state.

Edited by FuriousMeow

The release date is interesting to me because at some point the devs and financial backers have to decide whether or not it has been a sufficient success to earn a return and justify future investment - this should be clear within a month or so of final release.

If it is we can look forward to the next expansion pack - if not, it will be a matter of how much of the game can be sustained when the money tap is turned off. Which could be an issue since so much is being done server side, both for RoF and BoS.

So a later release with a finished product must be best even if this is delayed a few weeks.

Now I am off to make some offerings to the spirits and pray for success!

The fixation on a "release date" is very strange since you already have it...

Really? I must missed something. Please tell me where should I click to open campaign menu and get access to other single player stuff? 

BoS, on the other hand, is perfectly playable in its current form and is installed, working, and running just fine for me. The fixation on a "release date" is very strange since you already have it and can play your heart out in its current state.

Bos as now is still highly incomplete product and seriously lacks singleplayer element. That's most likely biggest feature most of community waits for.

Bos as now is still highly incomplete product and seriously lacks singleplayer element. That's most likely biggest feature most of community waits for.

+1

+1

Double +1

Even if i love BoS, the lack of SP bores me..

I'm a little bit sadened to see the release date have been modified.. But hey, it's the dev choice, and they want to release their game without bugs.

We all knew what the deal was when we handed over our money..... I think the Dev's have been forthcoming with news and updates and actually pay attention to the forums....  relax, drink a beer, join a server and fly nice and straight for me. Until the campaign is done why not get your skills on the up and up in multiplayer, those ai planes will be a piece of cake if you get good at fighting real people.