BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 80

Quick question, 

I'm sure this has already been answered.....

I have BOS from this website, if my brother buys BOS from Steam, are we able to play on the same servers together?

For those who may not know this, you can now disable technochat via the Settings screen without it taking away other important info like radio messages.

• Upvote 1

I'm a tool. That capitalized, "horizontal," on the first page should read VERTICAL convergence for the Fw and the answer is, "yes!"

AWESOME!

Thanks again.

New customer here...purely on the back of Oculus Rift support :cool:

Hey museumsteve good to see you here...guess I'm not the only warthunder player that got bos for rift support...

I have noticed the planes look a little more jagged when against the white clouds -is this a known issue on the recent updates or nvidias latest driver..anyone know ?

Also - can we edit flights.  I don't seem to be able to?

I realise this is still work in progress but grateful if anyone can answer

Thank's a lot for the update and the ability to play with full CEM in normal mode. :)

You are great!

I have noticed the planes look a little more jagged when against the white clouds -is this a known issue on the recent updates or nvidias latest driver..anyone know ?

Also - can we edit flights.  I don't seem to be able to?

I realise this is still work in progress but grateful if anyone can answer

About the jagged lines... i am not sure but my first take on it (has been like that pretty much always as far as i know) was that it is their interpretaion of that objects will get "fuzzied out" and dim when obscured by dense clouds.. I think it is quite good and not sure if they can improve the effect in their engine and in dx9. However there is also a thin halo around planes in front of clouds which i hope they can address.. Or maybe its my gfx card? .. Still small details... There are more important stuff i guess to tackle first... Like implementing numbers on skins " nudge nudge winknwink know what i mean" ( Mr Cleese, Mr Chapman et al) :)

Is it only me or the water rad controls don't work anymore properly? I fly in expert mode. When I switch it to auto, they work, when I switch it to manual, they don't react to the slider. If I go to "settings" in the main menu, I can see the slider move in the responses window, but if I do this in flight, the slider doesn't move (although I can still assign it by moving it). (It's the slider on my MS FFB2)

EDIT: The same thing happens if I assign it to a slider on my Saitek Throttle quadrant, that works in other functions.

Edited by Reflected

However there is also a thin halo around planes in front of clouds which i hope they can address.. Or maybe its my gfx card? ..

No, I'm on my second different Nvidia card and many different video drivers and it's still there for me too. It does seem like it's been more pronounced at times so I have hopes it might get eliminated by release.

Edit flights? Sorry - what do you mean there?

When you go into flight records and attempt to edit them using different camera angles etc.  You end up with a different flight record in terms of how it looks.

AI is changed. Anyone noticed?

Yes seems smarter...or maybe I'm getting dumber...mmm ?

• Upvote 1

No, the servers exist primarily to gather data. We get to fly in them for that purpose. They must be collecting specific data because they warned us in the post the other servers would be temporarily suspended. They will be back soon enough.

AI is changed. Anyone noticed?

Care to be more specific?

"Changed" is a bit vague.

Care to be more specific?

"Changed" is a bit vague.

Update mentions this.

No, the servers exist primarily to gather data. We get to fly in them for that purpose. They must be collecting specific data because they warned us in the post the other servers would be temporarily suspended. They will be back soon enough.

Ok then they should make some missions servers, not these giant furballs with troops of G2 over the russian heads.

Sorry my first posts on this forum and I cry :/ I love this game however.

Edited by =LSKE=Biluf

Is it only me or the water rad controls don't work anymore properly? I fly in expert mode. When I switch it to auto, they work, when I switch it to manual

I found this to be true in the 109  The oil rad command does the water rad controls.

Frustrating... Must be a half dozen boxes that want to be mapped. It's all buggered up this time around.

HerrMurf.

I was so pleased to see the convergence.

My first thought was  "HerrMurf!!!"

S!

(had to repost)

• Upvote 1

Even tbough I never post here now I can't not thank Boomerang for that video. Use that as your advert 1C!

Thanks for the update :)

As always, this was fun!

Hollywood smoke everywhere!

Very nicely made video but if I saw that video I would think its some kind of an arcade game with all these explosions and smoke everywhere from damaged aircraft.

If BOS wants to look real they really need to tone down some of these effects!

Never the less, nice video!!

Edited by Kling

Great video Boomerang!

I flew online yesterday for a couple of hours after being away from the sim for the last few updates. I like the new HUD position and info, especially the wind readout on the compass. I also find the technochat feature very useful, something I was missing from the old IL2:1946. Full CEM is great, although I've noticed something a bit strange; I've mapped engine controls to my controllers (CH stick and throttle), and it takes a few hits on the buttons before the engine controls 'wake up' and start working. It's not a big deal, actually it's pretty cool since irl it would take a second or two between deciding to change a setting and the actual lever/knob/wheel/dial moving. The other thing I think the sim does very well is model the wind noise around the cockpit; I can now get a pretty good idea of my speed/energy state by listening to the wind.

Then there's........convergence  :cool: .

I also like the changes to online play; it's nice to have more players on a server and the icons on 'Normal' are far less annoying then back when the 'sticks' were visible. The only thing I'd like to see is a variable visibility distance for the icons, make them visible, at say, 1.5 km; irl you should be able to recognize an aircraft at that distance in good weather. I also fly on the 'Expert' servers, always a good challenge.

Thanks again devs  :) .

Edited by CFC_Conky

Now on Sunday evening the game downloaded another smaller update.

I wonder what kind of changes this includes?

The jaggies have been there all along, nothing to do with the latest drivers. My guess is that it has something to do with transparency AA settings.

I have no clue if this is Nvidia exclusive either.