Death1111

Head on, 1v1 Merge tactics

Hello everyone

I am hoping to gain some further insight into tactics for head on merges in a 1v1 scenario (same aircraft, same energy state) as there are a few things I am confused about. Please forgive me if my post appears rushed, I have little time to write this.

If a merge results in a one circle fight and both opponents entered into it using a lead turn and the same aircraft/energy state is it better to slice, pitch verticle or into the oblique or a horizontal turn? I understand this depends also on what your opponent is doing. For example, you could try to minimise your turn radius so as to be able to reverse your turn when you cross paths with the opponent and try to position on their 6. However the energy spent making this reversal means that they could climb outside of your manoeuvre and stay above you during it ready to drop down on you once you run out of energy trying to pursue them.

If you see that they are trying to climb like in the example above, should you just climb with them to neutralise the position? If you wanted to be on the offensive during this situation what could you do?

If you merge and the fight becomes a two circle fight, should you follow your opponents flight path/plane of motion and try to pull lead on him, or should you manoeuvre into the oblique?

Some people say that you should enter the fight at corner speed, this is fine if you want to maximise your g load and turn rate in that first turn and gain an initial advantage in angles, but what if as soon as you bleed your energy doing that your opponent is going into the vertical and storing his energy? For example, if I am flying a 109, whenever I have a Yak opponent merge with me and then he goes 1 circle with me and tries to turn horizontally as fast as he can back at me, I just do a gentle turn towards him keeping my energy high while he depletes his in the turn and then as he is about to cross my path I climb up into a climing turn and he cannot follow it, as soon as he drops away I dive on him or keep climbing. If the opponent is in a 109 same as me then this can also work I find but to a lesser extent as the 109 has a better climbing ability.

I read that the slice is the best option as it quickens your turn because you have radial G helping you, however this extra speed could increase your turn radius/rate if you are already at high speed. I also notice that most people seem to go up into the verticle oblique rather than a slice?

I could list a dozen examples and it would just become confusing but I am sure you catch my drift as to the information I am looking for.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Whatever you do (no right or wrong) just make sure you keep more energy than the other pilot if you're in the same plane.

Most will not do a horizontal turn but will aim to fight in the vertical either straight over or in a high climbing turn, trading speed for height and reducing turn radius as they slow down etc.  My choice really comes down to two possibilities.

Sometimes I drop in some flaps and pull a hard wingover type turn so I can point my guns at my opponent straight away (dropping the flaps slightly improving your instantaneous turn very slightly), then raise the flaps and take stock. Sometimes you have a problem if the other pilot has extended and started climbing - you then need to get the aircraft accelerating and climbing or you're in trouble.

Other times I start a gradual turn and climb making sure I keep to at least the aircraft's best climb speed and preferrably slightly above.  At al times make everything smooth and fast to keep that energy up.  Most of all, think aggresive - how to get the shot off.

Caveat - I'm not a great 1 v 1 head-on fighter as I much prefer only engaging when I have an advantge of speed or height.

Hood

Edited by Hood

well i am a seat of the pants flyer and i am not gonna go through possible paths but have been flying sims for 30 some odd years and pretty much ANY plane turns faster to the left due to rotation of the engine.  so if all is equal head on... height, speed, etc. then your best bet is to slide flat.  drop your left wing tip and yaw heavily into it as they pass while cutting throttle and pray you catch wind before your opponent does because if you beat him/her to the turn they will have to run for it in some manner.  1/4 flaps may help sometimes but it will suck up your energy and it is hard to get it back.  but in the long run... your action should be dictated by your opponents action and what craft you're in... especially if you are in a weaker craft.  know your weaknesses!  but what do i know?   :)  cheers ~S

p.s. you ALWAYS want a tail shot over a crossing high deflection shot.  saves on ammo   :)

Edited by [HoT]MadDogE134

I generally pull up into a loop after a Co-E merge because you are slowing down and gaining a tight turn while converting your KE to PE. It defeats what MadDog wrote above and puts you at a clear advantage over a flat turner. If he isn't pulling up I will go into a wider loop (stick not so hard back) and end up 800m or so above the bandit who has bled his energy and is looking to die.

The wisest thing is almost always to go into the vertical. (if not blow through completely)

Sure you can execute a corner speed lead turn, but if he's done the smart thing and he went vertical you're in trouble.

The altitude bank is always your friend.

Back to my first line - many times the smart thing is just blow through and extend.

Unless you're a one on one duel type - extending isn't an option for you.

Edited by Gambit21

Never break first.

I never seek out head-ons, but if someone comes at me he better be prepared for the consequences.  I NEVER BREAK OFF FIRST.

If that means collision so be it.

And I do have to laugh at their comments if they choose to continue and we do have a mid air.   "Yu0 rammer!!!!  I'm an experten! You had to break off from my attack!!!!!!11"

Why?

You had every chance to break off and avoid catastrophe, but chose instead to bore on in...

Sorry about your poor decision.

There is such a thing as a "No Respect Lead" as well.  Basically, you're going to make your move BEFORE the merge so when the merge does take place and he makes his move, you're already ahead of him. 

Everyone should pick up this bible:

http://www.amazon.ca/Fighter-Combat-Maneuvering-Robert-Shaw/dp/0870210599/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411156363&sr=8-1&keywords=fighter+combat+shaw

In actuality, I generally jink at the merge and push through. I then make the decision to climb, dive or go vertical based upon the other guys reaction. Most of the time I watch the other guy burn way too much energy in his climb, reverse on him if he approaches stall or I just continue to extend. You can often judge the other guy's skill based on how he reacts to the merge.

I should do a shallow dive belos my opponent to avoid a head on, then i shold go to a shallow climb. If i have a hint that my opponent knows what to do, i prever to disengage. I do not like dogfights. If i see that he made a mistake i should maintain my energy high waiting for the better momento to attack.

I should bank my AC a little for better SA

The better táctica is not engate until you are sure of the victory or at least you will get out alive if things go wrong

• Upvote 1

Despite my advice above, which is what I'd always recommend to a newb, (and most often what I practice) I've had good results from time to time pushing to the oncoming bandit's 'cold' side, usually this means

forward on the stick. Then I pull up and give him a squirt to fly through before breaking away.

THIS - extended over time with expirience-keynotes and other sources - is how i fly, regardless of victory or loss. I love to honor the lessons learnt in reality and in the history of aerial combat and try to replicate those passionatly in a simulated environment, regardless of being successfull or not, and regardless of being "ridiculed" by other players, who have found "shortcuts", "tricks" or "flaws" in a "game" using THOSE for victory or to defeat me.

At the end of the day.. if the scores, names and the dust of the virtual battles got forgotten... and if i have to move on ..i must be able to look into the mirror...and be able to be honest with myself.. IF i truly learnt REAL ACM/BFM in my hobby, or if just figured out game-features how to "defeat" others in a "stuipid game", just because i found code-enforced methods to win in a game-matirx.

If one wanders through community and asks around, one might find 30-40 pilots who truly believe they are the "best", but if one is expirienced enough to look and understand deeper, than one might maybe find only 10 or so, who are really REAL virtual ACES, "regardless" what scores or medals they have earned (=FB=Archangel or =GOVP=Banzai ie. would be two canditates of that category imo.). Why?, because "the most difficult opponent is always oneself" and they know and understood this and it shows in their intelligent and unconventional flying. I must admit, i am not one of the top-guns in IL-2 (there are way better ones out there), but i earned my wings in Flaming Cliffs and Falcon over the last 12 years. I came to IL-2 to discover new frontiers...and i enjoy it very much till today tbh., despite the portion of a well natured "rivality" and "cockiness" among virtual "heroes" (in quotes) ;)

couple vids for fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDS0TQnKfLo&feature=youtu.be&list=UU9HYp69NUfsMXg3sMCWeaZA

more here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CallsignAS/videos

Edited by A-S
  • Like 1

THIS - extended over time with expirience-keynotes and other sources - is how i fly, regardless of victory or loss. I love to honor the lessons learnt in reality and in the history of aerial combat and try to replicate those passionatly in a simulated environment, regardless of being successfull or not, and regardless of being "ridiculed" by other players, who have found "shortcuts", "tricks" or "flaws" in a "game" using THOSE for victory or to defeat me.

At the end of the day.. if the scores, names and the dust of the virtual battles got forgotten... and if i have to move on ..i must be able to look into the mirror...and be able to be honest with myself.. IF i truly learnt REAL ACM/BFM in my hobby, or if just figured out game-features how to "defeat" others in a "stuipid game", just because i found code-enforced methods to win in a game-matirx.

If one wanders through community and asks around, one might find 30-40 pilots who truly believe they are the "best", but if one is expirienced enough to look and understand deeper, than one might maybe find only 10 or so, who are really REAL virtual ACES, "regardless" what scores or medals they have earned (=FB=Archangel or =GOVP=Banzai ie. would be two canditates of that category imo.). Why?, because "the most difficult opponent is always oneself" and they know and understood this and it shows in their intelligent and unconventional flying. I must admit, i am not one of the top-guns in IL-2 (there are way better ones out there), but i earned my wings in Flaming Cliffs and Falcon over the last 12 years. I came to IL-2 to discover new frontiers...and i enjoy it very much till today tbh., despite the portion of a well natured "rivality" and "cockiness" among virtual "heroes" (in quotes) ;)

couple vids for fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDS0TQnKfLo&feature=youtu.be&list=UU9HYp69NUfsMXg3sMCWeaZA

more here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CallsignAS/videos

Hah, I used to dogfight KV on Multiviper all the time back in the day.  He was really good.

.. he still kicks arse   :salute:

PS1: we fly here now: http://falcon-online.org (3000 members +, with 4-500 pilots registering per event (force on force online campaigns))

PS2: strangly he likes Adolf Galland too.

Edited by A-S

There is such a thing as a "No Respect Lead" as well.  Basically, you're going to make your move BEFORE the merge so when the merge does take place and he makes his move, you're already ahead of him. 

Everyone should pick up this bible:

http://www.amazon.ca/Fighter-Combat-Maneuvering-Robert-Shaw/dp/0870210599/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411156363&sr=8-1&keywords=fighter+combat+shaw

Available as free PDF download (google)

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

In BOS it is never really a 1v1 even E fight because even if it is, one guy has a bf109 and the other guy has a yak1. 

If I'm the guy in the bf109 which I never am, cause I always join the team with less players. I will play the energy game and extend and climb.

If I'm the guy in the Yak1 then I play the team work game, turn and decelerate and try to temp the bf109 guy do the same and blow off his E focusing on me, so my wing man can shoot him down.

Hello everyone

I am hoping to gain some further insight into tactics for head on merges in a 1v1 scenario (same aircraft, same energy state) as there are a few things I am confused about. Please forgive me if my post appears rushed, I have little time to write this.

If a merge results in a one circle fight and both opponents entered into it using a lead turn and the same aircraft/energy state is it better to slice, pitch verticle or into the oblique or a horizontal turn? I understand this depends also on what your opponent is doing. For example, you could try to minimise your turn radius so as to be able to reverse your turn when you cross paths with the opponent and try to position on their 6. However the energy spent making this reversal means that they could climb outside of your manoeuvre and stay above you during it ready to drop down on you once you run out of energy trying to pursue them.

If you see that they are trying to climb like in the example above, should you just climb with them to neutralise the position? If you wanted to be on the offensive during this situation what could you do?

If you merge and the fight becomes a two circle fight, should you follow your opponents flight path/plane of motion and try to pull lead on him, or should you manoeuvre into the oblique?

Some people say that you should enter the fight at corner speed, this is fine if you want to maximise your g load and turn rate in that first turn and gain an initial advantage in angles, but what if as soon as you bleed your energy doing that your opponent is going into the vertical and storing his energy? For example, if I am flying a 109, whenever I have a Yak opponent merge with me and then he goes 1 circle with me and tries to turn horizontally as fast as he can back at me, I just do a gentle turn towards him keeping my energy high while he depletes his in the turn and then as he is about to cross my path I climb up into a climing turn and he cannot follow it, as soon as he drops away I dive on him or keep climbing. If the opponent is in a 109 same as me then this can also work I find but to a lesser extent as the 109 has a better climbing ability.

I read that the slice is the best option as it quickens your turn because you have radial G helping you, however this extra speed could increase your turn radius/rate if you are already at high speed. I also notice that most people seem to go up into the verticle oblique rather than a slice?

I could list a dozen examples and it would just become confusing but I am sure you catch my drift as to the information I am looking for.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The axioms of BFM:

1) Lose sight, lose the fight

2) Maneuver in relation to the bandit

3) Energy versus nose position

Sounds pretty vague huh. Sure did to me for a long time. BFM is not about a series of moves and countermoves that always work in every situation. It is about general principles and philosophy, from which game plans can be derived. That's why, while vague, the above rules are so powerful.

To give you something you can actually hang your hat on, here's something a bit more tangible when it comes to high aspect merges:

1) Always strive to run an intercept which allows an unobserved entry to a position from which you can employ weapons. Forums may call this "boom and zoom" or something similar.

2) If merging with an aware bandit, turn in the direction of turning room; ie any displacement (lateral, vertical, or a combination) is space you can use to gain an angular advantage from merge #1 (realize that any turning room is turning room the bandit can use too, though, unless it's exclusive...I'll save that for another discussion). If a bandit merges closely with you (for example, he takes out all turning room as he points at you in an attempt to employ weapons head-on), know the threat and go either one circle or two circle based on what's most advantageous for you. Realize, though, that the last fighter to turn sets the fight, so be prepared to be flexible.

3) Up, down, left, right...it doesn't matter. See above about turning room (or lack thereof where appropriate).

As others have mentioned, winning a high aspect merge is all about energy management. Maneuver in relation to the bandit, gain an energy advantage over him, and then cash your energy in to employ weapons when the time is right (energy versus nose position). Many like to go vertical immediately, because I think the perception is that using the vertical is somehow more sophisticated even when it's not appropriate. I'd always rather keep my knots up and not be vulnerable in a nose high, slow speed situation until I have exclusive use of the vertical when I've gained an energy advantage over the bandit.

Hope that helps. YMMV.

• Upvote 1

I was try  1 vs 1 ->  BF109G2 vs YAK-1 ( VETERAN AI )  with icon is ON at 2000 meter.

BF109 can not turn with yak-1 in horizontal,  veteran AI very good in manage corner speed in Yak-1

[too bad, I don't know how to learn from this AI for engine & corner speed management]

at initial state  for the first head on  I  have to use machine gun shoot above Yak-1 cockpit  about 1.5 click 

and then cannon arming above cockpit .5 click about 300 meter  I not expect my ammo will hit AI but making AI to cancel head on to make me safe at the first pass.

head on not easy except I have FW-190A :D

before pass I gentle pull up then look back to the opponent ( for online DF server  an old hand friends will awareness this situation who will win or lose by look back

and  see each other interaction )  .. for this AI I use BooM&ZooM made vertical turn and keep stay above Yak-1 AI  when I have a room to Zoom down

AI will make a hard break so snap shot or deflection shoot is only option to making  a kill.

1 vs 1  (people vs people)   with a same machine type  I try that long time ago .... it depend on only one key .... the pilot's experience!

Edited by Karost

The best choices for head-on is situational but it is pretty much always the same 2 choices : 

Lead turn or blow trough.

You can learn more about the lead turn in the Shaw's book or in "In pursuit". Typically the best lead turn maneuver for IL-2 bos (the best lead turn maneuver depends on the game) is to fly in a slight dive while keeping your opponent ~20-30 degrees on the side of your torque. Just before going into gun range (roughly 1km out in headon scenario) you pull up vertical and toward the direction of your torque to cross on the opposite side of the bandit. This is your gun defense and it's extremely hard for the bandit to follow trough. If they do try to track you, you gain the advantage. So basically you continue going up until you reach apex then you nose down and use rudder to align your wingline with enemy and you let yourserlf fall down into gun position. The most common situation at this point is that you will be inverted and you will get a very nice gun opportunity on the bandit which will be crossing at a right angle in front and below you. You can then follow up by saddling on the 6 and routine mop-up.

To answer the 2 posts above : Yak vs german pilot. If the bf109 knows what he is doing, you have absolutely no chances of winning unless you get a very lucky shot if you are starting at equal or less energy. If you have more energy you have to press your advanatge before the bf109 outclimb you.  But most of the time you will be on the defensive. So there's a couple thing you can do : Drag the plane to your flak and pray you live long enough for the flak to save you. Another solution is to dive straight down and allow your allies to get above the bf109. If you are witnessing a bf109 fighting in the distance, don't truck right at it. Climb until you are way above THEN start your offense.

Regarding the yak AI, you should be able to outurn him easily in a bf109 f-4. If you are not able to outurn him, you are flying wrong and you need to figure out what you are doing wrong. I personnaly think that the bf109 also outturns every other planes in the game if you are not in a pure horizontal fight.

If you have any specific questions i'll try to answer that. Also recommend to read Shaw's book, it will be very hard to understand at first but if you read parts of it, gain flight experience then read it again you will eventually understand everything. Same with "In pursuit". If you need specific passage explained i can do that.

Dogfight is very simple :) Just do what oponent do and you will find itch others in headon shooting :)

So who shoot better WIN :)

S!

Do that for 12 years and you might maybe get very very very bored, OR ..you might start looking for better alternatives trying to improve your skill, style and abilities.

The problem (or the self-deception):

If victory is "everything" (especially in games) ..the beauty of the path gets sometimes lost. As the result "justifies" the means - regardless how "simple" or "false" they are - people often find satisfaction in " cheap ways" and "cheap success" only (and you remember our "trim flying" discussion i.e in the past my frined), but dogfighting can also be an "Art", with always more depth and "collors" to it. Martial arts and aerial combat have strong similarities imo. Not only are both an interesting journey, but also a reflection of character. Remember, one can defeat all opponents, but there is always one bandit, which is the most difficult to defeat - oneself.  It just depends, what the reference of measurement is (others? or oneself?). But today everyone wants to "get laid" quickly...no more romantics and flirting skills - hehe.

IL-2 is a classic example for this...as one can "fly" as the game physics dictates it ..or one can try to be better than that (difficult, indeed). I know both ways, but my bad habbit (or passion) is too choose often the difficult path. I demonstrated this 3 days ago to a good IL-2 pilot. He also loves to try new things in IL-2 and usually defeats me more often, but there i told him "look what will happen, if i "game" this flight but don´t fly it" .. i won 10:0. Was i happy? No, infact i lost even more respect for this "sim".

PS: and YES, it is YOUR fault, that i play IL-2  :drinks:

Edited by A-S
  • Upvote 1

Do that for 12 years and you might maybe get very very very bored, OR ..you might start looking for better alternatives trying to improve your skill, style and abilities.

The problem (or the self-deception):

If victory is "everything" (especially in games) ..the beauty of the path gets sometimes lost. As the result "justifies" the means - regardless how "simple" or "false" they are - people often find satisfaction in " cheap ways" and "cheap success" only (and you remember our "trim flying" discussion i.e in the past my frined), but dogfighting can also be an "Art", with always more depth and "collors" to it. Martial arts and aerial combat have strong similarities imo. Not only are both an interesting journey, but also a reflection of character. Remember, one can defeat all opponents, but there is always one bandit, which is the most difficult to defeat - oneself.  It just depends, what the reference of measurement is (others? or oneself?). But today everyone wants to "get laid" quickly...no more romantics and flirting skills - hehe.

IL-2 is a classic example for this...as one can "fly" as the game physics dictates it ..or one can try to be better than that (difficult, indeed). I know both ways, but my bad habbit (or passion) is too choose often the difficult path. I demonstrated this 3 days ago to a good IL-2 pilot. He also loves to try new things in IL-2 and usually defeats me more often, but there i told him "look what will happen, if i "game" this flight but don´t fly it" .. i won 10:0. Was i happy? No, infact i lost even more respect for this "sim".

PS: and YES, it is YOUR fault, that i play IL-2  :drinks:

I was good but now i am just shadow :) Young pilots need blood :) I play WoT with my E100 :)

You still good ! You experiment new stuff and try new methods, which is rare nowadays.

WoT ????    :o:> :blink: > :wacko:> :ph34r: > :tease:> >> :cray:

Edited by A-S

The best choices for head-on is situational but it is pretty much always the same 2 choices : 

You can learn more about the lead turn in the Shaw's book or in "In pursuit". Typically the best lead turn maneuver for IL-2 bos (the best lead turn maneuver depends on the game) is to fly in a slight dive while keeping your opponent ~20-30 degrees on the side of your torque. Just before going into gun range (roughly 1km out in headon scenario) you pull up vertical and toward the direction of your torque to cross on the opposite side of the bandit. This is your gun defense and it's extremely hard for the bandit to follow trough. If they do try to track you, you gain the advantage. So basically you continue going up until you reach apex then you nose down and use rudder to align your wingline with enemy and you let yourserlf fall down into gun position. The most common situation at this point is that you will be inverted and you will get a very nice gun opportunity on the bandit which will be crossing at a right angle in front and below you. You can then follow up by saddling on the 6 and routine mop-up.

To answer the 2 posts above : Yak vs german pilot. If the bf109 knows what he is doing, you have absolutely no chances of winning unless you get a very lucky shot if you are starting at equal or less energy. If you have more energy you have to press your advanatge before the bf109 outclimb you.  But most of the time you will be on the defensive. So there's a couple thing you can do : Drag the plane to your flak and pray you live long enough for the flak to save you. Another solution is to dive straight down and allow your allies to get above the bf109. If you are witnessing a bf109 fighting in the distance, don't truck right at it. Climb until you are way above THEN start your offense.

Regarding the yak AI, you should be able to outurn him easily in a bf109 f-4. If you are not able to outurn him, you are flying wrong and you need to figure out what you are doing wrong. I personnaly think that the bf109 also outturns every other planes in the game if you are not in a pure horizontal fight.

If you have any specific questions i'll try to answer that. Also recommend to read Shaw's book, it will be very hard to understand at first but if you read parts of it, gain flight experience then read it again you will eventually understand everything. Same with "In pursuit". If you need specific passage explained i can do that.

Just made a video to demonstrate the lead turn im talking about. Should work better against humans; they will continue turning under you. The computers realize it's losing the turn fight very early and enter "victim" mode then fly straight until you kill it. Also if you don't perform the gun defense correctly at the start you will get killed because the computer shoots very well, humans are typically not able to hit someone doing that kind of maneuver.

Just two terms, but "right on" and "sound"! Although i do have a tendency to "fuck around" in my cockpit - in the serch for deliberate mistakes - there are also times, where i do know what i am doing, so allow me to reply with examples* in the follow up.

Some say "either go angles or energy on the merge, but nothing inbetween".. others say "the merge is 80% of the fight". There is truth to both of them.

1*) Lead-turns (early and delayed), one-cirlces (offensive and defensive), scissors and entries, lateral displacements, "go where the bandit will be" (cata intercept), "your are close, go closer" (denial of turning-room), little seperations in order to compensate energy deficiencies, nose priorities and firing-solution defenses etc. etc.

TRACK: www.as-private.com/acmi/LeadTurns.7z

2*) "Blow-through", the "observing energy-game", lag-pursuits (out of plane and motion), kinetic vs potential energy and equalization counters, defending "lagged up" bandit, provoking BFM-errors by "dictating" attack oppertunities for the bandit, "attacking high-six" before bandit etc. etc.

TRACK: www.as-private.com/acmi/BlowThrough.7z

PS: Those tracks are probably also interesting to watch for the more expirienced pilots out there, even those who think, they "know it all" already.

Enjoy

A more sophisticated TRACK with different types of merging techniques. Remember, all depends on the goemetrical choices of the bandit right after the merge aswell.

Enjoy: www.as-private.com/acmi/BFM-Geometrical-Choices-and-Consequences.zip

I think if you are starting out 1v1, same aircraft with an even start, it is really a matter of not making a mistake while trying to allow or force your opponent to make one.

I think if you are starting out 1v1, same aircraft with an even start, it is really a matter of not making a mistake while trying to allow or force your opponent to make one.

Right. Given it is SACT (similar plattforms) ..and both pilots are equally skilled... it pretty much comes down to what you say. Either being patient and disciplined long enough till the other pilot screws up somewhere, or (what i prefer more) provoking him to make mistakes by alternating and forced upon choices to be made. Whereas most pilots (in my observations) try to be precise and effective in the utilization or usage of their airframes (stick discipline .. aka load, unlaod..lag and lead...).. i prefer to maintain flexibility but yet combined with maneuver history dictacting aggresitivity (not talking about "zoom and boom"... more like "out of plane lag pursuits" as in forcing the bandit to adapt as wished while being hard to predict in the own energy state for him). Following pure basic instincts, it would probably display as a "kill as fast as posssible" mindset or a "lift vector to bandit at all times" flying, but on the other hand geometrical deviations from those basics concepts can be very interesting aswell.